3rd Posting of Out of Office Assistant not Responding

I've have posted this question twice where an MVP has
responded and has not checked back on the thread to see if
any additional help was needed. Here is the background on
this issue:

Out of Office Assistant is activated but it is not
sending an AutoReply response to sender.

The mailbox is internal. We have a .com and .net
structure to our domain. Com for external use and Net for
internal use. Both are being handled by an Internal
Exchange 2000 server.

This is not a global issue. This is happening to a single
user. It is not workstation related. No matter where she
uses her roaming profile she gets the same results, no
autoreply message is sent. There are no rules that apply
to her settings for the Out of Office Assistant. This
feature is working thought out our domain without issue,
except for this user.

0
anonymous (74725)

Have you opened an incident with Microsoft Product Support Services since
this is the third time you have posted here?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Tim McClenahan
asked:

| I've have posted this question twice where an MVP has
| responded and has not checked back on the thread to see if
| any additional help was needed. Here is the background on
| this issue:
|
| Out of Office Assistant is activated but it is not
| sending an AutoReply response to sender.
|
| The mailbox is internal. We have a .com and .net
| structure to our domain. Com for external use and Net for
| internal use. Both are being handled by an Internal
| Exchange 2000 server.
|
| This is not a global issue. This is happening to a single
| user. It is not workstation related. No matter where she
| uses her roaming profile she gets the same results, no
| autoreply message is sent. There are no rules that apply
| to her settings for the Out of Office Assistant. This
| feature is working thought out our domain without issue,
| except for this user.

0
MillyS5166 (1132)
1/30/2004 6:02:09 PM
Gee Millie thanks for you help, you were the first MVP not=20
to response back.=20

intact.  Due to
>the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will=20
be deleted
>without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,=20
Tim McClenahan
>asked:
>
>| I've have posted this question twice where an MVP has
>| responded and has not checked back on the thread to see=20
if
>| any additional help was needed. Here is the background=20
on
>| this issue:
>|
>| Out of Office Assistant is activated but it is not
>| sending an AutoReply response to sender.
>|
>| The mailbox is internal. We have a .com and .net
>| structure to our domain. Com for external use and Net=20
for
>| internal use. Both are being handled by an Internal
>| Exchange 2000 server.
>|
>| This is not a global issue. This is happening to a=20
single
>| user. It is not workstation related. No matter where she
>| uses her roaming profile she gets the same results, no
>| autoreply message is sent. There are no rules that apply
>| to her settings for the Out of Office Assistant. This
>| feature is working thought out our domain without issue,
>| except for this user.
>

>.

0
anonymous (74725)
1/30/2004 7:36:27 PM
I have a life and don't always have time to check back, which is why it is
important to include all relevant information in the first post.

For example, I will probably be gone the rest of the weekend.

BTW, the name is Milly.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Tim McClenahan
asked:

| Gee Millie thanks for you help, you were the first MVP not
| to response back.

0
MillyS5166 (1132)
1/30/2004 8:28:58 PM
Oh, and one thing to check.  Make sure the Exchange Extensions are not
corrupt.  Remove and then readd them to be sure.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Tim McClenahan
asked:

| Gee Millie thanks for you help, you were the first MVP not
| to response back.

0
MillyS5166 (1132)
1/30/2004 8:31:35 PM
And what a life it must be Milly.
which is why it is
>important to include all relevant information in the=20
first post.

>For example, I will probably be gone the rest of the=20
weekend.

>BTW, the name is Milly.
>

>--=81
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20
intact.  Due to
>the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will=20
be deleted
>without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,=20
Tim McClenahan
>asked:
>
>| Gee Millie thanks for you help, you were the first MVP=20
not
>| to response back.
will be deleted
>|| without reading.
>|| After searching google.groups.com and finding no=20
answer, Tim
>|| McClenahan asked:
see if
background on
single
apply
issue,
>|| .
>

>.

0
anonymous (74725)
1/30/2004 9:41:32 PM
BTW, I did reply back, only one day after your last reply in the original
thread.
Remember, this is a peer support forum. If you need immediate assistance you
will probably want to call Microsoft PSS. People in here are volunteering to
use their own time to help others - be patient and considerate and you may
get helped without having to pull out your credit card. :-)

Tim McClenahan wrote:
> I've have posted this question twice where an MVP has
> responded and has not checked back on the thread to see if
> any additional help was needed. Here is the background on
> this issue:
>
> Out of Office Assistant is activated but it is not
> sending an AutoReply response to sender.
>
> The mailbox is internal. We have a .com and .net
> structure to our domain. Com for external use and Net for
> internal use. Both are being handled by an Internal
> Exchange 2000 server.
>
> This is not a global issue. This is happening to a single
> user. It is not workstation related. No matter where she
> uses her roaming profile she gets the same results, no
> autoreply message is sent. There are no rules that apply
> to her settings for the Out of Office Assistant. This
> feature is working thought out our domain without issue,
> except for this user.

0
lanwench (7566)

PDC (Post Dated Checks)
Hi I would like to know what is the best way of handling PDC ( Post Dated Checks) both in Receivables and Payables? Thanks in Advance -Daniel Daniel Unless you have a customization or the date on the check is in a fiscal period that does not yet exist or is closed, GP is never going to be checking whether the date you're entering on a transaction is in the future. So you can enter any date you want on any transaction. That said, my 2 cents: - For payables, you don't really have a choice, you have to print the check from GP, but even if you didn't, entering any payment with...

with Publisher or Office.Will I be able to access old files docume
I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. I would like to use Publisher or Office or? Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Erica wrote: > I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. > I would like to use Publisher or Office or? > Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on > another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Office applications cannot open OpenDocument files. You will have to convert them to O...

out of office assistant #13
Running exchange server, trying to use out of office assistant, but it only sends the message(out of office) to the sender. How do I get a copy of who sent the message? and a copy of the message myself. thanks Cesar ...

Office 2011
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Anyone know if the 2011 version will have any performance upgrades? The 2008 version is the slow and loves the color wheel of death. I think it is ridiculous that an Excel sheet with a thousand rows basically brings Excel to its knees when you can put in a million rows, what a joke. Anyone who might 'know' is under strict NDA to not discuss anything about it, pro or con. Speculation is pointless. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 5/18/10 7:04 PM, in article 59bb8aaf.-1@webcros...

sumproduct 2 columns based on criteria in 3rd column
Can someone help me to with this formula? I have 3 columns. Two of them have dollar amounts and the third one a date. How to I add the 2 columns based on the date in the third column without counting blank fields. A 4,228.50 B 295.00 C January 12, 2005 Do you want to SUM the A and B values for all non-blank C's ? Gives us a little more info. -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "excel guru i''m not" <excelguruimnot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35072EAD-9FA8-421D-AED5-60874A794A16@microsoft.co...

Web Based Community Won't Allow Posts
I have been completely unable to post on the web based Money newsgroup today. Clicking on the icon to submit a new post does not bring up the required input box but just the list of already submitted items. Could MS get this fixed? "JoRene " <jander41@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message news:uXCmXwTXIHA.5784@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have been completely unable to post on the web based Money >newsgroup today. Clicking on the icon to submit a new post does not >bring up the required input box but just the list of already >submitted items. Could MS get t...

Installed Word XP only, then applied Office SP3, then Excel
Hiii 1. i installed Word XP only a long time ago coz it was my main interest. 2. After office SP3 has been released, i applied it 3. These days, i have found myself need 2 use Excel so i installed it from the original CD-ROM But the strange thing is that when i clicl on help->about in Excel, it reads: Microsoft Excel 2002 (10.6501.6626)SP3 And this means that Excel is updated too but how can this happen without re-applying the patch and do i really need 2 re-apply the patch even though Excel's version give me the impression that it has been updated someway (although i have ins...

3rd Posting of Out of Office Assistant not Responding
I've have posted this question twice where an MVP has responded and has not checked back on the thread to see if any additional help was needed. Here is the background on this issue: Out of Office Assistant is activated but it is not sending an AutoReply response to sender. The mailbox is internal. We have a .com and .net structure to our domain. Com for external use and Net for internal use. Both are being handled by an Internal Exchange 2000 server. This is not a global issue. This is happening to a single user. It is not workstation related. No matter where she uses her roami...

Guru Assistance Please
How would one search for emails that occured on weekeends or evenings only? I cannot seem to figure it out? I am stuck can anyone help?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com You'd need to program that yourself with VBA. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Category Manager - Manage and share your categories: SAM - The Sending Account Manager: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en> Am Wed, 28 Apr 2010 13:13:20 -0400 schrieb michael: > How would one search for emails that occured on weekeends or evenings only? I cannot seem t...

Hotmail on my office laptop
If I add my hotmail account to my Outlook 2007 on my office laptop, will my personal messages be available to anyone on my network, or will they just be downloaded to my laptop? I love Outlook 2007, I just don't want the world to see my personal e-mails. longbeachlaw <longbeachlaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I add my hotmail account to my Outlook 2007 on my office laptop, > will my personal messages be available to anyone on my network, or > will they just be downloaded to my laptop? I love Outlook 2007, I > just don't want the world to see my person...

Newbie Outlook user needs help post haste!
As a new Outlook user, I'm still getting accustomed to logging in and all. I've finally managed to do that, but when I click the "send/receive" button, I get the following error message: "Your mailbox is temporarily unavailable because another e-mail message is being delivered to it or another mail application is accessing it. The server responded: -ERR unable to lock mailbox" Ok. That's pretty mind boggling. To me, anyway. Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated! Kristine wrote: > As a new Outlook user, I'm still getting accustomed ...

non CRM posts
Sorry to inject this, but is MSFT still trying to fix the issue with all the non-CRM posts to this NG? Seems like they're trying, but now we're getting Media Player and a lot of Excel questions. (And, in case a MSFT person does read this or follow-up, I don't use the web interface to post or read the newsgroup, use a news reader) -jim I've contacted Microsoft direct about this. May be able to get something done about it. I just wish they would give someone the ability to delete posts that are not crm related as I know MS are a bit too busy to be monitoring this group all...

Vlookup
Basically I'm after a formula that can check two conditions befor returning the value of the nth occurance I specify. Specifically, I'm trying to automate the creation of a vendor repor that lists all vendor sales. I need a formula that, based on a uniqu vendor number, will: - check colomn A for the vendor number match - then check column B to see if there is a buyer number >0 (which mean that the item is sold) If these conditions are met I need it to dump the value that appears i column 8 of the 'nth' occurance I specify I've used vlookups to great effect before in...

Communities Questions Not Posting
My last couple of Communities Questions have not posted. Can anyone tell me why? If I am doing something wrong or forgetting to do something, shouldn't someone tell me? If there is a service outage, how do I find that out? If the site is down, why can I read old messages, but not post new ones. Thanks to whomever may be able to answer. Candy It may be a server sync problem and you just can't see them - if you know the subject, try googling for it and your alias (although I suspect Candy gets billions of hits). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Out...

WORD needs a 1st-3rd/3rd to 1st person conversion feature.
Fiction writers and journalists constantly switch from first person (I) to third (he/she) while editing. Search and replace doesn't help completely. It's pure mechanics and should be automated - let the computer do this drudgery. I hoped it would be added to WORD 2007 but it's not there. Is there an add-on? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to ...

POST A QUESTION
Formula is in cell A3 which is =A1+A2. If I don't put any numbers in A1 or A2 cell A3 displays #value! Is there a way to not have the #value! show in cell A3? Hi, if you are doing a sum shouldn't give you that result anyway you can use =if(A1="",A2,if(A2="",A1,A1+A2)) "dwolf" wrote: > Formula is in cell A3 which is =A1+A2. If I don't put any numbers in A1 or A2 > cell A3 displays #value! Is there a way to not have the #value! show in cell > A3? Check to see if A1 or A2 is formatted as something other than a number, o...

Mac Office VBA and Environ()
How do you access environment variables in Mac VBA? the help says that the Environ() function is not available on the mac. Specifically, I am looking for the OS version and Applications folder The version of Word is "application.version" Msgbox "The version of Word is " & Application.Version Returns a read-only string. The Applications folder is more entertaining: Word doesn't own it, and doesn't know where it is. You "should" ask OS X for it (using do AppleScript). But you could also "assume" that it is in the root of ...

Microsoft Office 2004 and two user accounts not working
I am using Microsoft Office 2004 and have three user accounts. When I logout as one user and login as another user I am not able to run Microsoft Word I get the Welcome screen and have to enter my sn# again. This happens on two out of three users on my Powerbook G4 running 10.4.9. I have repaired permmissions and also reinstalled Office. The user that everything works for is the user I used to install Office the first time. Thanks for the help Hi Michael: I'm guessing here, but if you originally installed from a Limited User, Word would be installed in the User's structure, not i...

Are you able to search for newer posts?
When I use the Search for: box to search any of the Office forums, the search results never return anything newer than about Oct 2009. Is anyone else seeing this problem? If not, do you have any ideas why I am having the problem? If so, do you have any suggestions for a fix? Yes, I know the Web inteface sucks. But I'm also uncertain if Outlook Express or other newsreader will have the capability to search all posts. Also, I'm not getting notifications of replies.... Thanks, John Use Google Groups to search the archives. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publi...

Permanently turning off Adobe PDF toolbar in Office programs
I would like to permanently prevent the Adobe toolbar from automatically popping up when I start Word/Excel/Powerpoint. I can make it go away from within the "Customize" menu but it comes back when I close and restart. Thank you! <Nate@officeformac.com> wrote: > I would like to permanently prevent the Adobe toolbar from automatically > popping up when I start Word/Excel/Powerpoint. I can make it go away > from within the "Customize" menu but it comes back when I close and > restart. Thank you! It's all explained here: <http://www.mcgimpsey.com/ma...

3rd smtp domain
Hi all, I searched and all I found was about adding a 2nd domain, we already have added a 2nd domain a while back and now, we're adding a 3rd smtp domain, so I did all the basics like add policy, mx entry and dns, and firewall, but somehow we can't get incoming mail to the 3rd domain address (no ndr's), here's the setup, we have 3 exchange servers (1 e2k3, 2 e2k) we're in the process of retiring one of the e2k servers, the e2k3 is the newest one, we already have multiple smtp domains to begin with. I added the last domainname under the 1st priority entry in recipient...

Re-loading Office 2007 under the 2nd user without using 3rd user
My computer hard drive died and had to be replaced. I lost everything, and had to restore back with the original restore disks, losing the 2nd user of a 3 user Office Home & Student 2007 Version. I am trying to find out how I reinstall the 2nd user, without using the 3rd user on the set. Can anyone help me out here? "Lisa B" <Lisa B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FA6E3FE-AB25-4013-8595-EB71B475662D@microsoft.com... > My computer hard drive died and had to be replaced. I lost everything, and > had to restore back with the original...

merged print names 4 up post card
USING PUBLISHER 2000 - The merged print dialog box does not provide a selection for print side 1, print side 2 separately (instead printing side 1,2 side 1,2 etc,) I desire to print the clients <<first name>> (as in dear <<first name>>) on side 1, and mailing address <<first name>>,<< last name>>, <<address>>, etc. on side 2. I did follow the site instructions to create two separate files - but names will not line up on the 4 up post card. I do not have a duplexing unit on my HP8550 printer, so I must flip the stack over and ru...

Can't load MS Office 2004 to upgraded G4 gigabit ethernet dual processor Mac
Hello, Recently I got a MacBook Pro along with iWork, iLife and Microsoft Office for Mac 2004. They loaded easily on the MBP. I also have a G4 and wanted to load iWork and iLife. They loaded easily on my MacBook Pro. I just tried to load Office for Mac 2004 on the G4. It won't install The G4 has been a flawless performer for seven years. I took the G4 in o an authorized Apple Service Center and they determined that the power supply has failed. They replaced the power supply and I also had them install another 512 MB of memory (now up to 1.5 GB), replace the hard drive (the original had ...

Problems with MS Excel Help (Office 2000 SR-1 Small Business)
Just recently, when I go to help, when I click the "See Also" items, I get "an error has occurred in the script on this page" from Internet Explorer running script. Other data is: Line: 1 Char: 1 Error: Object doesn't support this property and Method. Code: 0 URL: mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Microsoft% 20Office\Office\1033\xlmain9.chm::/html/xlfctSIN.htm Also, in VBA help, for objects the items usually at the top of the page for properties, methods, events, etc. are replsaced by a small box with a period in it, and clicking these does nothing. I have unin...