2nd request for help -PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

 went through a windows update and was asked to reboot
which I did.  I had Outlook open and closed it before
rebooting - it was opened to contacts.  when I tried to
access Outlook I got an error message saying "your
personal address book could not be opened.  the file is
either not accessible or not a personal address book.
choose retry to access your personal address book, or
choose cancel to not open your personal address book with
this application."  I have no other application to open
this address book with!  my contact info is detrumental
to me as well as my Calendar info.

2nd issue - cannot e-sync between my palm and computer -
error message received regarding the most important
component - CALENDAR....

Someone please help!!!

0
anonymous (74721)

For your first issue: What version of Outlook are you using?

For the second issue: What software do you use to sync your Palm with
Outlook?

FWIW, it's often better to post each question separately, since someone who
doesn't know the answer to all questions in one post may not answer at all.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:04db01c3dae6$2dac0f90$a301280a@phx.gbl,
Nirza wrote:

> went through a windows update and was asked to reboot
> which I did.  I had Outlook open and closed it before
> rebooting - it was opened to contacts.  when I tried to
> access Outlook I got an error message saying "your
> personal address book could not be opened.  the file is
> either not accessible or not a personal address book.
> choose retry to access your personal address book, or
> choose cancel to not open your personal address book with
> this application."  I have no other application to open
> this address book with!  my contact info is detrumental
> to me as well as my Calendar info.
>
> 2nd issue - cannot e-sync between my palm and computer -
> error message received regarding the most important
> component - CALENDAR....
>
> Someone please help!!!

Formula help (Lookup)
Hello! I use this formula to extract data from a pricelist. I found this formula on the net (thanks to whoever who made it). {=INDEX(B93:E302;MATCH(Pris!I2&Pris!G2;A92:A301&B92:B301;0);Match(Pris!H2;92:92;1))} The problem I have is that it only allows exact match on the first two lookups, I can not change the type from 0 to 1 or -1 to allow for a not exact match like I have done in the third lookup. Column A is a name for fifferent pricelists,Column B is length in kilometers and Row 1 is weight in kilos. First I lokkup which pricelist to use then the length and then the weight. Any ide...

added 2nd domain in default policy, now how add 2nd user in outloo
I've added the 2nd domain in default policy, now how do I get outlook to use the 2nd domain? I want the user to be able to choose which company she is responding from. I've tried setting up a 2nd profile but it says email address already exists.. On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 13:26:01 -0800, E2 <E2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I've added the 2nd domain in default policy, now how do I get outlook to use >the 2nd domain? >I want the user to be able to choose which company she is responding from. >I've tried setting up a 2nd profile but it says email address al...

Help with Pivot table and grouping
I am creating a pivot table that measure the time to place a case using DateReceived and Date Approved. The TimeToPlace would be by pivot and I want to have grouping of 15 like so: 0-15 days 16-30 days etc This is a calculated field. The problem is that sometimes it hasnt been Placed yet and is pending. So one would think - well use an if - do a calculated and return 0 if you have to. Well cases can be received and placed the same day, so 0 days cant be used for pending. I tried returning false, but then I cannot group based on that TimeToPlace because false or null is in there. Any s...

Excel sheet meltdown help!
Excel was working fine then for some unknown reason everytime I open up a workbook the "edit toolbar" appears next to the highlighted cell. I cant turn it off nor can I enter text into the highlighted cell without double clicking it first. Any help would be most welcome -- Philden I don't know what the EDIT toolbar is, except in the Visual Basic Editor. If you mean the Edit menu has gone awry, you should probably troubleshoot Excel by renaming your *.xlb file: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/troubleshooting_microsoft_excel.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.Office...

installation of 2nd DHCP server
Hi, We have a windows 2003 DHCP server. I am trying to activate another DHCP server (on windows 2003). So that we have to server handling out IP's - what issues should I be aware of, apart from configuring different scopes? Can I preform this during normal working hours Thanks Hello Vishal, I assume you have used the name "biren" in a posting from 18:38 from today so please check the previous posting about. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT...

Track in CRM - Outlook Error - Email will not track in CRM
I have been trying to figure out why e-mail will not track on my Inbox in CRM. I have seen a number of variations on this issue. What's different about this issue is that I can track e-mail sucessfully in any sub-folder of my Inbox, just not my Inbox. I tracked the request/response stream with fiddler and found that when I track e-mail from my Inbox a final delete request is being sent to CRM, which is resulting in the e-mail activity being deleted from CRM. When I track e-mail from the other folders underneath the Inbox everything works fine and a delete request is NOT being sent. We...

552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation #3
I'm trying to recieve a monthly news letter. when the company sends the message they recieve the following error."552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation" I have no storage limits on my Exchange 2003 sp1 server. When they send the mail without the HTML content I recieve it. When they add the content it gets the error. Can anyone help. this is a very important email that my company needs to recieve. I can recieve at my hotmail account so it has to be a problem on my server. Could it be the amount or type of headers? I can't even find any settin...

[ANN] Entourage Help Blog: Quick Time 7.5 update causes moment of panic
After applying the Quick Time 7.5 update to Entourage 2008, contacts seemed to disappear. Continue reading for details: The Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> ...

I need help figuring out this formula in Excel
I am taking a class & need help with this question. If you enter 5B21C2 in cell B1 of a worksheet (keep in mind it's a make believe worksheet), the formula is replaced by the number 125 when you press enter. What happened? Second part is using the worksheet from above, you change the number in cell B2 from 55 to 65. What happens to the number in the cell B1? Why? I can't find anywhere in the book how to (+,-* or /) or any other math direction involving a formula like above. Due to that I have no idea how to answer either one of these questions. Please Help! -- thank...

Excel2007 Excel Help "This Page is Unavailable"
Where is the help for Excel 2007 macros? I'm trying to update some 2003 Excel macros to 2007 and I keep running into an error. I do have a simple macro running in 2007 so I know that 2007 macros are turned "on". When I click the "?" icon to get Help in the the Microsoft Visual Basic Window, it brings up an Excel Developer Help Window. Although, in the lower right corner of the Excel Developer Window it shows "Connected to Office Online", the page opens with this message: This page is Unavailable The page you are looking for is unuavailable. Tr...

I need a Guru! Meeting requests with optional times and limited seats
Hi all can anyone help me out with this problem? I have to schedule a meeting for 100 people and the room can only hol 27 people at a time so I want to have 4 meetings at different times an I want the people to be able to choose which meeting time they want. If they choose a time slot that�s filled up I want it to notify them t choose another time. How do I do that with ONE outlook meeting request? (people her ar sending 4+ meeting requests and telling people to choose only 1 and it kind of getting messed up plus the max number of people is not bein controlled) If it cant be done is th...

Help with archiving
10/16 I posted, seekng for help with archiving my 2004 records in Money 2003. I came across a solution for why I wasn't able to archive my records and 2004 is now archived. I find archived years of information to be very useful. I have them back to 1997 and am able to access them individually by year. In microsoft.public.money, K Clark wrote: >10/16 I posted, seekng for help with archiving my 2004 records in Money >2003. I came across a solution for why I wasn't able to archive my records which was ... ? >and 2004 is now archived. I find archived years of informat...

Tool bar help
Is it possible to create a tool bar on a particular sheet ,with all sheet names next to this particular sheet.whenever I open that particular sheet that tool bar should populate. ...

2nd Vertical Axis and line graph
I followed the instructions for setting up a 2nd Vertical axis from MS , but I have no FORMAT DAT command. I wish to plot MPG (Columns) and Pence/mile (Line Graph) against an X axis of months. I have done it with Works Spreadsheet without any problems. I am using Excel 2007 from Office Home & Student 2007. What Microsoft instruction asks you to use the 'FORMAT DAT' command? Can you share a reference? In *Excel* there is definitely no such command. Maybe, you meant 'Format Data Series'? To do what you want, I would plot both series in a column chart. Then, sele...

I can't type... need help
I have Office 2003. Everything seems to work but for some reason I can't type. I can type in Outlook, Word, etc. Everytime I try to type - and I use text boxts of course - whether in an existing text box to edit something or a new text box it just says "Publisher cannot complete the operation." It says that when I try to create a text box too, although it creates it anyway. I can insert pictures, word art, and do a bunch of other things, just not type. I couldn't find any information on the help page - anyone know what I can do? I already tried reinstalling Office ...

2nd Question
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C3B50F.498BA010 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does MS Outlook use Outlook Express as its default newsreader? In my = case it does? ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C3B50F.498BA010 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=...

Help with RATE function
My task is to deteremine an equivalent loan interest rate to a lease payment. ie: Lease payment term is 60 months, payment is $135.35, funded amount is $5,000 I've been trying to use the RATE function, but need some help entering the data properly. Every manner I've tried results in a NUM error. =RATE(60,(133.35),5000) is my last feeble attempt (I am referrencing cells, I just enered the numbers for clarity. I tried the payment as a negative after reading another post. I left out the $ formatting sign, just in case. What am I missing? Try =Rate(60,-135.35,5000) I'm sure more...

New/2nd Exchange Server
We have one exchange server currently running in our organization, which is on old hardware. We have bought a brand new server and would like to install exchange on it. Is there an simple way to get exchange up and running on the second server and transfer or migrate all of the user data to it from the old one, then decomission the old exchange server. Thanks. Yes, this is standard practice for moving Exchange to new hardware. Check out the Exchange 2000 Server move method in the FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resources/exchange/faq_db.asp?status=section&faqID=1001&faqname=Exchang...

Need help pulling data from cells in different workbooks
Hi, let me try and explain this the best I can: say i have a workbook with 2 pages, on the first sheet, in cells C27 C47, C67 and C87 on the Sheet2, I want to make a list. in that list contains data fro cells C27, C47, C67 and C87 from Sheet1 . on sheet2, the list wil look like: List ='Sheet1!C27 ='Sheet1!C47 ='Sheet1!C67 ='Sheet1!C87 Is there any easy way to pull that data without doing each lin individually. I know i can put in the = and pick the cell on the othe sheet, but I have 100's of cells I need to get data from. If i try an copy paste each line, it does...

Help with formula #18
I hope someone out there can help! I am not sure if a formula can be written for this. Here goes... I have numbers in columns C,D,E,F and G. I would like to write a formula that will do this - if the number in column C is an odd number, add 1, then if the number in column D is odd, add 1 again, and so on for E, F and G. So say three of the numbers in the five columns were odd, I should have three as my answer. Then I need to do the same but for even numbers. I have tried everything I can think of. :confused: -- yourproblemslvr ---------------------------------------------------------...

Start a Google request with VBscript
Hi, I am using an address database and tried to make a button which sends a request to Google to get additional information about the contact. execute www.google.com/search?q=allintext%3A%22ACME%22+Doe seems to be the right VBS statement, but Google rejects it as automatic request. Is there a easy way to cheat Google? Thanks Willem I would not say that extracting information from Google is a case of wanting to cheat Google. Google has certain policies that they technologically enforce, so if you follow their policies as far as they can tell, then you'll be able to get the ...

HELP:user-fill in form
I need a excel-file with 2 tabs. In the first tab It must be able to fill a week nr. And then som other values. Then that values must automattically filled in, in Tab2 in the righ column of that week. If you can help me, please reply !!! Thanks in advance, Stif -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You weren't very specific as to if this is from one cell on sheet1 or for all cells in a column. In any event, you can use a worksheet_change event on a worksheet module to this sort of thing. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Stift >" <<S...

HELP with an INSERT INTO statement
Hello everyone, I received the response below for a previous question. I understand the logic behind the reply, and I am sure it will work. I can't, however, figure out what I should be substituting for '2345' in the "SELECT '2345' AS" part of the solution below? I'm getting very close to running out of time and would greatly appreciate any assistance. Regards, Franc. Hi Franc, > > Use an append query. Probably you'll need to write VBA code to > assemble and execute the necessary SQL statement, which could look > something like this: > ...

HELP! navw32.exe
Everytime I open Outlook 2002, I got the following error message box: navw32.exe - Application Error The instruction at "0x0118935d" referenced memory at "0x013000008". The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program Everything seems to be working fine. I've scanned with Norton AV with latest updates. No viruses. The box also comes up when I right-click on any file and ask Norton to scan it. And occasionally it tells me that my normal.dot file is 'still infected" and asks if I would like to delete it. I've searched the...

Need help for Outlook 2002 -can not write or print email in color
I am using Word as email editor and lost the ability to see my email and print /send in color need advice color changes do not "stay" ARe you using HTML as the message format? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, elliotsh asked: | I am using Word as email editor | and lost the ability to see my email and print /send in | color | need advice | color changes do not "sta...