2nd Post. Please help with Personal files

Hello,
  I need help configuring my desktop to use the same calender and contacts
as my notebook, but I want both computers to have different e-mail. In other
words when I bring my laptot .pst file to my desktop, I dont wanr my e=mail
on my desktop to written over.  Please help. I made a major mistake yesterday
when I brought my laptop file over and it wrote over all of my desktop
e-mails.
Thank You very much
Mark
0
MarkW7470 (9)

Mark W. wrote:
> Hello,
>   I need help configuring my desktop to use the same calender and contacts
> as my notebook, but I want both computers to have different e-mail. In other
> words when I bring my laptot .pst file to my desktop, I dont wanr my e=mail
> on my desktop to written over.  Please help. I made a major mistake yesterday
> when I brought my laptop file over and it wrote over all of my desktop
> e-mails.
> Thank You very much
> Mark

When you copy your laptop pst file over, do NOT import it, just go to
File-Open_Outlook Data file. It'll then open in a separate Personal Folder.

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk
0
gordonbp11 (453)
2/16/2005 6:32:02 PM
Mark W. <MarkW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>  I need help configuring my desktop to use the same calender and
> contacts
> as my notebook, but I want both computers to have different e-mail.

Can't be done, exactly.  All of your active folders (Calendar, Contacts,
Inbox, Outbox, etc.) are of necessity all within the same PST.  If you don't
want to use the same Inbox, you also can't use the same Calendar or
Contacts.  The best you can do is to copy one PC's PST to the other and open
it there with File>Open>Outlook Data File and then copy what you want from
the second PST to the main one.  Also, see this site for methods of sharing:
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
2/16/2005 9:50:28 PM
Gordon,
  Thank you. It seems like that will work fine. I have some folders that are
still there from when I was trying to do this before and I cannot get rid of
them. When I click the folder it says the folder cannot be opened. Any Ideas.
Thanks again....
Mark

"Gordon" wrote:

> Mark W. wrote:
> > Hello,
> >   I need help configuring my desktop to use the same calender and contacts
> > as my notebook, but I want both computers to have different e-mail. In other
> > words when I bring my laptot .pst file to my desktop, I dont wanr my e=mail
> > on my desktop to written over.  Please help. I made a major mistake yesterday
> > when I brought my laptop file over and it wrote over all of my desktop
> > e-mails.
> > Thank You very much
> > Mark
>
> When you copy your laptop pst file over, do NOT import it, just go to
> File-Open_Outlook Data file. It'll then open in a separate Personal Folder.
>
> --
> Interim Systems and Management Accounting
> Gordon Burgess-Parker
> Director
> www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

0
MarkW7470 (9)
2/16/2005 10:35:01 PM
Mark W. <MarkW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>  I have some folders
> that are still there from when I was trying to do this before and I
> cannot get rid of them. When I click the folder it says the folder
> cannot be opened.

Folders or Folder files?
--
Brian Tillman
0

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Mark W. <MarkW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >  I have some folders
> > that are still there from when I was trying to do this before and I
> > cannot get rid of them. When I click the folder it says the folder
> > cannot be opened.
>
> Folders or Folder files?
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
MarkW7470 (9)
2/17/2005 2:41:06 PM
Mark W. <MarkW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Folders that are showing with the rest of the folders.

I still don't have a picture in my mind of what you see.  On the left, in
the Navigation Pane, is a list of folders, like Contacts, Inbox, and so on.
Those are all children of a folder file called "Personal Folders" or
"Outlook Today".  It is the "Personal Folders" or "Outlook Today" that are
the "folder files" and the folders contained within them that are the
"folders" to which I refer.  To which of those do you refer?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Recovery Storage Group
Hello. We're running Exchange 2003 SP1 on a Windows 2003 server. I need help with Recovery Storage Groups. I followed the following link to setup my Recovery Storage Group in Exchange: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/ue2k3rsg.mspx Then, I ran the MS Exchange Server Best Practices Analyzer Tool. It told me: "A recovery storage group exists on server MY_SERVER_NAME. This should only exist during data recovery. Once recovery is complete, the recovery storage group must be deleted through the ESM"... I'm confused. I thought I wanted t...

Test Mail...Please Ignore #17
Testing NNTP Client, Please ignore message Thanks I have ignored the test. joe On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 01:49:29 -0800, hasanonlin@yahoo.ca (NNTP Client) wrote: > >Testing NNTP Client, >Please ignore message >Thanks Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm "Joseph M. Newcomer" <newcomer@flounder.com> wrote in message news:5tgdo2dng41sipeom8e36t6eh4684h20cp@4ax.com... >I have ignored the test. I could have ignored it "better" had it been sent to the appropriate ...

Cannot post time through Business Portal
When I go to Project>Project time in business portal, I get the message 'You are not authorized to view this page. Contact your Great Plains administrator for assistance.' This is my local demo copy. I have given myself sa permissions. I am the administrator on my machine. Your Business Portal administrator must add the Project Timesheet Entry role to your user account within Business Portal to allow you to view this page. Remember that access to areas within Business Portal is defined by the roles that a user is assigned to. BP keeps track of a user through your domain...

Can I modify Sql server reference in CRM 3.0 ?urgent please help
Hi, Its very urgent for me to do this,I had CRM3.0 and SQl Server 2000 on same server.I referred Sql server 2000 in CRM 3.0 while installation.But now I had to change in CRM 3.0, the sql server reference to Sql server 2005(Sql server 2005 is installed on another server.Is that possible now?Please help me.I am badly in need of help thanks in advance for your assistance ...

Help with Macro's
hello, I had recently received a macro that I was needing some help with. it seems to work on columns where there are formula's only. when i tried to modify it to work with FORMATS, it did work on columns with formula's, but would not paste FORMATS down on columns, "without' formula's. Is there a way to modify it so that it will? if ok as a different macro, since using separate macro's anyways... (for paste formula's, formats, all) not sure what the problem is.. thanks in advance macro works on columns where cells are filled with a formula only. ...

Need help with import *.ldf
Please can enyone tell me how to import a file. for export i use this commando; ldifde -m -f senderfilter.ldf -r "(objectcategory=msexchsmtpturflist)" -d "cn=configuration,dc=interlogica,dc=nl" -l msexchturflistnames I get the senderfilter.ldf file so i can modify it. The problem is after i modify the file and try to import it For the import i use this commando; ldifde -i -f senderfilter.ldf -r "(objectcategory=msexchsmtpturflist)" -d "cn=configuration,dc=interlogica,dc=nl" -l msexchturflistnames But this isn't going to work. Please help. Greets...

Help with Date/Time Function
I am working with date/time functions trying to figure out how many hours were spent doing a job. I have a start time and a finish time. But I need to subtract out any time between five pm and six am and weekends from the times. These would be times that no one was actually working on the job. For example I have 4/5/2005 18:23 4/6/2005 17:04 Could someone give me a clue as to how this might be done? Thanks, Steve Monczka smonczka@hotmail.com It's not a trivial thing, here's an example http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.htm or here http://tinyurl.com/cbphn -- R...

out of balance posting
I am haveing a problem with an out of balance batch when posting directly to QB. It only happens when I have recieved a payment on account at the POS. After looking at the batch I see tht there is an entry for the amount posting to Acct Rec. but no balancing entry to Undeposited funds. In the acct assignment journal I have the paid to and paid from accts set up and RMS says it will make a corresponding entry for each when needed but it only makes the one entry in the batch. Any batch posting without an acc. rec. payment posts without issue. ...

Please help to search a custom format
the column A1 has custom format 000-000 having the data like this 123-456 001-789 313-245 456-779 084-321 The column B1 has the following data ABC123456 DSD001789 HGH084321 YYY343434 like this 7500 record exist. I want to find column B1 value (numeric ) in Column A1. So ABC123456,DSD001789, HGH084321 exist in A1 . How I can search that numeric part in column A1. Pls help . Is there any function to give in formula bar. or Is it possible to write CTR+F, CTRL V to find automatcially in ceach cell. Please advice With thanks Pol In cell C1 apply the below formula and...

vb code help
I have a workbook containing multiple list boxes and command buttons. am trying to write a code that will allow me to direct 2 choices in th list box to the same sheet but a different cell. Can some please hel me with the code to do this? Example of current code: if listbox1.selected(1) then sheet1.activate listbox1.selected(1)=false I need the 2nd item in the list box to go to sheet1 but cell A50 whil the 1st one needs to go sheet1 A1. Thanks, :eek -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Do you mean With ListBox1 Range("A50").Value = .List(.Listindex) ...

How to set the print file to repeat a row on every page
How do I set the print file so row 2 will repeat on every page? Easiest way is to go to the Page Set-up Properties. Go to your "File" Menu Select "Page Set-up" Select "Sheets" There are several features: There will be a line asking you "Rows to repeat at top" with a rang selector, use that and you should be set -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com File > Page Setup > Sheet tab. Click inside the box marked "Rows to repeat at top" and select row 2 on the sheet. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >...

How to make an http Post with XML and retrieve the response?
I simply want to post to a URL via HTTP Post then get the response Text of that. I have this done in classic asp like this: postdata = "param="&server.urlencode(param) Set objXML = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.3.0") objXML.open "POST", "http://somesite.com/cgi-bin/output.cgi", False objXML.setRequestHeader "Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" objXML.send postdata strXML1 = objXML.responseText Set mydoc=Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM") mydoc.async = False mydoc.loadXML(strXML1) ...

Test to post
I sent a question and it didn't post. Trying a test. Rick Rick, http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlnews.htm John "Rick" <ricky.sather@si-intl.com> wrote in message news:7c55e5aa.0401280809.7c6c758e@posting.google.com... > I sent a question and it didn't post. Trying a test. > > Rick ...

Please help with MIME issue
Hi all, I am beating a dead horse on this one from my end and could use some expertise assistance. I am running and Exchange 2003 server ans Outlook 2003 clients. We have a vendor sending us an email that when sent to other Exchange servers outside of my organization are received fine. It also works fine when sent to places like yahoo or AOL mail. I have read some posts but still not sure how to resolve this one. Here is the Content info if that helps and I am most greatful for any and all assistance. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --_______eG_Doc_Bndry______ Content...

"Unable to display the folder ..." HELP PLEASE!!
I moved certain folders from Outlook 2002 by dragging the folders into a subfolder within "My Document" folder. Each of the folders moved in this manner contain numerous important emails. Now when I double click the moved folder which resides no longer in Outlook, but in My Documents, I get this error: Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location. Could not open the item. Try again. How do I get to the contents of these folders now? Signed, Desperate! Did you move the folders from the Folder List or did you just ...

Repeated Emails HELP!
One of our user forwarded a legitimate email ( not Spam) to 50 recipients, and now some of them send email back to her asking to stop sending the same email. It's look like every 15 minutes they're receiving the same email message. I ran anti virus scan on her system and on our exchange 5.5 server and found nothing. Please Advice Thank you "im_tigerwoods" <im_tigerwoods@hotmail.com> wrote: >One of our user forwarded a legitimate email ( not Spam) to 50 recipients, >and now some of them send email back to her asking to stop sending the same >email. It'...

HELP! Outlook POP3 problem(s)

Need Post-SP2 Hotfix for OL2002
I am having problems sending emails with large attachments (which I need to be able to do) which are described in KB articles 827149 and 827349. The articles go on to say I need to apply a hotfix, but this is nowhere to be found, and I have spent many hours on the phone with Dell tech support, and they can't get me the hotfix either. Can anyone out there please tell me where to download this hotfix, or email it to me? Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I have tried everything to no avail. PG You need to contact Microsoft Product Support Services. Odds are you won't be c...

Data from .txt file being read in as date, and should be text
I have a macro that reads in data from a .txt file. The data contains user IDs that consist of the first 4 letters of their name and 4 numbers. When names are read in that begin with MARCxxxx (ie MARC1234), excel is formating them as a date, and I lose the original data (even when I try to format them after the import, they are a number and the letters are not there. I've tried to format the column that they data read into before the import, but excel still imports them as a date. How can I make the import be read as text? Here is the code for the section I am reading in data for. Do Whi...

check file date
I am importing a text file daily at 4:30 am and i want to check that the file i am importing is later than 4:30 am from the previous day. is there a way to check the file's modified date and time using the Dir function or is there another function available? In news:1179490859.469394.201690@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com, tecas <ted.castillo@gmail.com> wrote: > I am importing a text file daily at 4:30 am and i want to check that > the file i am importing is later than 4:30 am from the previous day. > is there a way to check the file's modified date and time using the >...

added 2nd domain in default policy, now how add 2nd user in outloo
I've added the 2nd domain in default policy, now how do I get outlook to use the 2nd domain? I want the user to be able to choose which company she is responding from. I've tried setting up a 2nd profile but it says email address already exists.. On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 13:26:01 -0800, E2 <E2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I've added the 2nd domain in default policy, now how do I get outlook to use >the 2nd domain? >I want the user to be able to choose which company she is responding from. >I've tried setting up a 2nd profile but it says email address al...

To Bernard or anyone who can help
Thanks for your reply Berbard. I can make a column or a bar chart without worrying about the order but here, I want to make the chart in order of score, in this case from highest to lowest but want to keep my spread sheet looking AB,B,C,D . . . . No, I don't have 4 entries. I have 32 entries. Hope this is sufficient. Thanks again for the prompt reply. Awaiting another reply Thanks Dharsh "Bernard Liengme" wrote: > Are you able to make a Bar or Column chart without worrying about the order? > Tell us the answer, and I will show you how to order the data. Can we ...

How to post a sales transaction in RMS ?
Hi everyone, I'm trying to post a sale using the classes contained in the QSRules.dll, however I can't get this. How can I do this operation?. Thanks..! -- Miguel Ortiz Falcón ...

Formula help (Lookup)
Hello! I use this formula to extract data from a pricelist. I found this formula on the net (thanks to whoever who made it). {=INDEX(B93:E302;MATCH(Pris!I2&Pris!G2;A92:A301&B92:B301;0);Match(Pris!H2;92:92;1))} The problem I have is that it only allows exact match on the first two lookups, I can not change the type from 0 to 1 or -1 to allow for a not exact match like I have done in the third lookup. Column A is a name for fifferent pricelists,Column B is length in kilometers and Row 1 is weight in kilos. First I lokkup which pricelist to use then the length and then the weight. Any ide...

PLEASE HELP
I'm having trouble with Microsoft word and excels Find and Replace functions. Any help would be really appreciated. Basically i have an excel file that is thousands of columns down.. which I need to change the formatting!! I am trying to take digits that start out looking like: 0314-T210557 And turn them into: 14-Mar-09 21:05:57 So far, (In Microsoft word) I have used Find and Replace to get rid of the dash and the T. I have also used find and replace and put a tab in between the 0314 and the 210557.. (so that when I put it back into excel, they are in separate colum...