2003 out of office assistant problem

Outlook shows out of office assistant active for the
particular user but senders don't get the reply...?
Works for all other users in the domain. Ideas anyone?
Thanks!
0
zak9555 (1)

File in Use problem
I'm revisiting some VBS scripts that I wrote several years ago to generate resumes for me (via Word macros) and would like some guidance on a couple of errors I am getting. I'll post about the two errors separately so that each has its own thread. My VBS script is pretty simple: ======================= ' Get arguments into variables If WScript.Arguments.Count > 0 Then MsgBox "Too many arguments; expecting none." WScript.Quit End If ' Find path for MyDocuments folder Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application") Set objFolder = o...

Restore Outlook 2003
I had a problem with my HD which required reformatting the drive. Fortunately, I did have my outlook.pst file backed-up. I have now reinstalled Windows XP Pro and MS Office 2003. When I entered Outlook, I did not see my email messages or contacts. So, I copied my backed-up copy of outlook.pst to the outlook directory (beneath the My Documents directory) and clicked File/Open/Outlook Data File. Then they appeared in separate places on my screen. I have several questions at this point. 1. Have I proceeded correctly so far in trying to get back to my original state before the HD problem? 2....

Install OWA 2003
HI How to install OWA2003 in one another server, separate of the server of the EXC2003? Examplo, in server WEB. Tks You can't. OWA is now integrated into Exchange and cannot be separated like you could with Exchange 5.5 installing only OWA. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Alysson" <alyssondk@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:%23yzn1wyrFHA.2348@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > > > HI > > How to install OWA2003 in one another server, separate of the server of > the > EXC2003? > Examplo, in server WEB. > > > Tks > &g...

Problem with popup window size for saving attachments
I have a problem with Outlook 2003 which is driving me mad. When I want to save a attachment, I get a popup window which lets me choose the location to save it. This popup window is way too big. The "save" button is located outside my screen. I've had this problem with other programs, so what I do is to resize the window to normal proportions and close it. I expect for the program to keep this setting, but unfortunately this is not the case. Also when adding attachments, or saving them, the window keeps getting way too big. As you might understand this is very annoying. Is there...

Exchange 2003 getting clogged?
Hello all, A client of mine wrote me the following IM's earlier regarding his boss's email account. It appears that there hasn't been any change in configurations on the server and that it was just noticed today/very recently. While I'm not an Exchange2003 expert, I have used it a little and never ran across any clients that have used it before until now. Does anyone have any suggestions at what route to take when reading this? I admit this discussion with me and the client seems to be broad, but I was trying to gather as much info as possible to troubleshoot: Clie...

M2006 Merge Problem
I just installed m2006 small bus. I did my first online update an got duplicate downloads on different accounts. I did a merge o accounts but realized that was not what I wanted. Is there any wa to undo the merge of accounts? I may just un-install and start ove but I don't want to backup my mistake. Is there any way to go bac in time In microsoft.public.money, JeffP wrote: >I just installed m2006 small bus. I did my first online update and >got duplicate downloads on different accounts. I did a merge of >accounts but realized that was not what I wanted. Is there any way...

2000 Server Connection to 2003 over VPN
Here is my issue: My company has a remote office in Montana. We have 2 Cisco 501 Pix connecting the sites via VPN. The 2003 Servers from WA can see the Montana office with no problem as can all the Workstations. The 2 windows 2000 SP4 Servers however can not see the 2003 server in Montana or vice versa. When pinging the servers from either side it does reolve to the correct IP however the ping drops. Every other IP connects fine. Something in the 2000 servers are blocking the connection over the VPN any ideas would be great... Thanks Jeremy SOme things to check: DNS zones on both ends, st...

Help .... problems with exchange ...
I have one problem .. I am sending mail through CRM .. the contact receives the email but not complete .. The body of the email received only show the first letter of the text ... I already checked the SQL database and in the field Description the text is saved correctly but the field Sender and Receipt have ni data ... do you have any idea what's going on ? BR Karolina B. ...

Outlook 2003-Does Not Terminate
I was noticing that my computer would take an inordinately long time (like 10 minutes) to complete its shutdown from time to time. I've finally isolated the problem-- it only occurs when OUTLOOK.EXE is still shown as a running process in the Task Manager. (Note that the APPLICATION is not running, just the process, showing 16,788 KB.) I've tried using the END PROCESS command, but to no avail. (I get the warning message, and click YES, but nothing happens.) How can I find out what's causing this, and how do I stop it from happening? There doesn't seem to be any rhyme...

How to rebuild public folders in Exchange 2003
I have run into a problem with a migration from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. The public folders appear to be messed up. This stems back to a migration from 5.5 to 2000. At this point the public folders are empty. I would like to rebuild them, but am looking for the best approach to do this. I have seen article 822444, but it also references rebuilding the public folders. Any Advice? Thanks ...

Sort Inbox items by Unread in Outlook 2003 doesn't work
I customized my inbox view to sort items by unread. Unfortunately, the messages are not sorted have read and unread messages intermixed in my inbox (sorted by date). I wanted unread messages first then read messages afterwards. The primary sort would be unread ascending (descending didn't work either) and secondary sort would be by date. The group by is none since unread was not an option and automatically group according to this arrangement is turned off (tried with it on & didn't work either). The inbox shows that it is arranged by custom. Any suggestions on how to fix this...

Tab Index Problem
I am trying to set the tab index values for my form controls. The problem is that even though I enter a certain value for a particular tab index, it is not saved. It seems to be automatically reassigned. I have tried starting from the end and assigning a high number to those controls so that the lower indeces are available. The tab index values for the controls throughout the form are still being reassigned though :( How can I get the index values that I assign to stay? Thanks in advance for your help. Instead of trying to set the tab index, open VIEW > TAB ORDER and drag and drop the ...

new excel 2003
I work in a small office and wonder if we should buy the new Excel 2003 to upgrade from Excel 2000 that we are currently using. I cannot find anywhere that tells me what the upgrades are. I also want to find some support I can get to explain the differences. thnx Hg, It's probably not worth the price of the upgrade. There's really not much more that you can do with 2003 that you can't do in 2000. One of the Excel gurus who has written some excellent books on Excel (including 2003) has a review on his web site. Take a look here: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/xl2003.htm John ...

notice->There is a problem with this website's security certificat
I got a new Toshiba which came with Vista and IE7, I have both of the following in my trusted sites yet when I log into my work site (a DOD site) it still says the above notice, when i click on -continue (not recommended)- it goes to the site. When I'm on the site and want to check my email, I click on the email icon and get the same notice-problem with websites security, when I click on continue it just keeps reappearing and does not go to the email, even though I have the email web address in my trusted site. Can anyone tell me what I can do to stop this. (I get on to bot these si...

Pdf problem
I'm trying to print an Excel file to Acrobat Distiller or PDF writer, and I'm having a problem I haven't encountered before. I select File>Print>Entire Workbook, and it asks for a save location (as it should). I browse to me location, and click OK, then it prints the first few tabs to a pdf file, then prompts me to save again. My 42 page Excel file ends up printed to 7 or 8 different pdf files. Does the page set up have to be exactly the same for each worksheet to be able to print to one file? Thanks for any suggestions. Daniel ...

How to change where Outlook 2003 saves attachments
I have followed Microsoft's instructions on how to change where Outlook 2003 saves attachments. Those are found in Knowledge Base Article #823131 and involve changing the Registry. (There really should be an easier way.) Anyway, despite having followed those instructions explicitly, Outlook continues to save emailed attachments in a folder buried deep in the C: drive that doesn't even show itself when I navigate to it (and even when I set folder options to show hidden folders). Just to try everything, I did a completely clean reinstall of Outlook and then followed the Registry edit ...

Upgrade from SBS 2003 to Standard 2003
Hi Can anyone help me please? I have an sbs 2003 server and we want to change everything to the new sever we bought which is running standard 2003 r2. We only use our server as a file and print. So all we need to to be bale to transfer the users etc and have them logon with no issues ie changing profiles etc. Can this be done? Thanx PS, really dont want to get involved with transition packs etc. -- jonoharper ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jonoharper's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/171848.htm View this...

Convert to Outlook 2003
We are receiving new pc's which have Windows XP and Office 2003. Users vary on operating systems and Office Versions. What are the correct step to bring over there pst files? Or maybe we shouldn't. But I need to know what the steps are to install there Old Messages/Folders/Contacts/Tasks/Calendar Items etc. from old pc(various Outlook versions 2000 prior) to new pc which now have Outlook 2003. I have tried a couple of ways but I keep getting a duplicate personal folder which is also active. (Example if they get a new mail message it goes to both inboxes in both personal fol...

Office v.X for Mac Professional on eBay for Cheap
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3094944481&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:CA:1 Hey, Just thought some of you might be interested on thsi link, it's for an eBay auction of mine for a brand new, still in its original packaging, copy of Microsoft Office v.X for Mac Professional Edition. It includes Micrisift Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint & Entourage. What's great about the professional version is that it also includes Microsoft Virtual PC 6.1 for Mac, and AN INCLUDED COPY OF WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL for installation on your Mac via the Virtual PC softwa...

outlook 2003 new mail sound
why doesn't 2003 play a sound when new mail arrives? yes i have set it up in windows sounds and it still doesn't do it You mention that you have it set up in Windows....do you have it enabled in Outlook? Click Tools, Options, Preferences, Email Options, Advanced Email Options, and ensure it is checked under new mail options. >-----Original Message----- >why doesn't 2003 play a sound when new mail arrives? >yes i have set it up in windows sounds and it still doesn't do it > > >. > anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > You mention that yo...

Office Groove or Groove 2010
Hi there - I am researching Office Groove as a collaboration tool, but need to better understand exactly what it is or does. I have several questions that I'm not quite sure where to start; there is quite a bit of information on using Groove. Anyway, it sounds like Groove comes or will come in the Office suite. In order to collaborate with others, am I missing anything about needing a Groove Server or some type of middle ware application? This sounds like a Sharepoint application, as in 2010 Groove is getting a new name, and since I know little to nothing about Sharepoi...

Exchange 2003 Standard
Hi all, Our Exchange 2003 Standard Edition server's Public Store has exceeded the 16GB limit and shut down. I'm familiar with the temporary extension to 17GB one can do for the Mailbox Store but haven't found a KB article regarding temporarily expanding the Public Folder store. Is this possible and if so how? Temporary solution found - the same registry entry mentioned in KB828070 except located in the public folder key does the 1GB increase. "MS Newsgroups" <msnews@mailinator.com> wrote in message news:erikqn9qEHA.2604@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > ...

Windows 98 rendering problem using CDHtmlDialog
Howdy, I'm writing an app that is derived from CDHtmlDialog. After finishing the whole thing, testing has shown problem that occurs on many Dell Windows 98 system with integrated graphics. We haven't seen this behavior on non-Dell Windows 98 systems. Images and HTML buttons on the rendered html page (loaded from a resource, some elements controlled by DHTML) are just black shadows. If I drag any other window across the CDHtmlDialog, then the images appear normally. It appears that I need to invalidate the blacked out elements, but I haven't figured out a way to do it. A Goog...

I have a user who's unable to paste an Excel 2003 chart into Outlook 2003 email message. In Outlook options, the checkbox is selected for "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages". When I tested this on my own computer running the same version of Office, if the box is check, I have no problem pasting; if this box is cleared, I cannot paste. But on his computer, it doesn't work regardless. Thanks and regards, TL ...

Error when sending pub 2003 document as an email
we have a document that we have been sending as an email in publisher 2003 for some time, by using the SEND AS EMAIL> SEND THIS PAGE AS A MESSAGE. This has worked fine for some time, but now something has happened to the document that when you click the send button in outlook you get a message that publisher has encountered an error and needs to close. Outlook then freezes and has to be cntrl-alt-del to kill it off. this happens with the same document on multiple computers, whereas the same computers can complete the task using a newly created document. Anyone seen this before? detai...