2003 missing message ID unless using Exchange sever

My original post seems to have dissappeared...

Ah well, here are the replies, anyone know a fix?

Message-IDs are generated by Exchange server if you are=20
using Outlook 2003 in an exchange server environment.=20

But if you are using Outlook 2003 in a non-exchange=20
environment (generic SMTP server) then server logs show=20
no message_ID for anything sent from Outlook 2003,=20
previous versions of Outlook have Message-IDs on the same=20
server.

see http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2003/up031211.htm, under=20
outlook 2003 messages suspected as spam.

Fair enough if people want to turn Message-IDs off, then=20
fine, but we should be able to turn it on again.=20

Regards

Dave
mistaken.

>--=81
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20
intact.  Due to
>the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent=20
to my personal
>account will be deleted without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,=20
Dave asked:

>| Outlook 2003 does not by default generate message-ids
>| unless using Exchange server.
>|
>| Is there anyway to enable this?
>|
>| Thanks=20
>

>.

..

0
dave5250 (1)

Strange Exchange 2010 question, but it's been bugging me.
And I haven't been able to find an answer with the searches I've been doing. Hopefully someone here can help . . . When you run the New Mailbox wizard, if you go with the defaults it will automatically select the database to use for that mailbox. Does anyone know (or can point me to the doco that will tell me) how it selects the database? What is the algorithm/criteria for the system making its choice? f/ups to microsoft.public.exchange.misc Happy Holidays! And thanks in advance! James Finley ...

Missing Attachment when member of Dist List
I have two users that receive numerous emails from the same person, both of which are on the same distribution list. The user's names are towards the end of the list and are next to each other alphabetically. Both receive the email message, but User1 does not receive attachments when sent to the dist list, while User2 does receive the attachments. User1 will reply to the message and request the attachment be sent again, which will then come through. Two things, User1 does receive attachments when sent to multiple recipients, just not large dist lists (specific list contains ar...

Exchange public folder replication
I have a situation where i'm going to be taking out our first exchange server in the organization(i already have another exchange server that's been running for the organization for some time). Have already replicated public folders to the other server and rehomed the address book and rehome the schedule + free busy folder, have moved all the mailboxes and rehome the recipient update service. When i go to turn off replication and check the replication status under public folders, replication, details. I notice that some of the folders have a status of local modified, on the f...

Restore Outlook 2003
I had a problem with my HD which required reformatting the drive. Fortunately, I did have my outlook.pst file backed-up. I have now reinstalled Windows XP Pro and MS Office 2003. When I entered Outlook, I did not see my email messages or contacts. So, I copied my backed-up copy of outlook.pst to the outlook directory (beneath the My Documents directory) and clicked File/Open/Outlook Data File. Then they appeared in separate places on my screen. I have several questions at this point. 1. Have I proceeded correctly so far in trying to get back to my original state before the HD problem? 2....

File in Use problem
I'm revisiting some VBS scripts that I wrote several years ago to generate resumes for me (via Word macros) and would like some guidance on a couple of errors I am getting. I'll post about the two errors separately so that each has its own thread. My VBS script is pretty simple: ======================= ' Get arguments into variables If WScript.Arguments.Count > 0 Then MsgBox "Too many arguments; expecting none." WScript.Quit End If ' Find path for MyDocuments folder Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application") Set objFolder = o...

Install OWA 2003
HI How to install OWA2003 in one another server, separate of the server of the EXC2003? Examplo, in server WEB. Tks You can't. OWA is now integrated into Exchange and cannot be separated like you could with Exchange 5.5 installing only OWA. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Alysson" <alyssondk@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:%23yzn1wyrFHA.2348@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > > > HI > > How to install OWA2003 in one another server, separate of the server of > the > EXC2003? > Examplo, in server WEB. > > > Tks > &g...

Exchange 2003 getting clogged?
Hello all, A client of mine wrote me the following IM's earlier regarding his boss's email account. It appears that there hasn't been any change in configurations on the server and that it was just noticed today/very recently. While I'm not an Exchange2003 expert, I have used it a little and never ran across any clients that have used it before until now. Does anyone have any suggestions at what route to take when reading this? I admit this discussion with me and the client seems to be broad, but I was trying to gather as much info as possible to troubleshoot: Clie...

Creating a self deleting executable using .NET
I am trying to create an application for the Windows Mobile 5.0 (or higher) platform. One of the features of the application is that it has a panic button that automatically closes down the application and deletes the executable. I have been trying to find a technical solution for this feature but it has proven to be much harder than I thought. The problem is that the physical executable file is locked and can't be deleted as long as the executable is running. I found some quite interesting articles explaining the problem in more detail and also explaining some possibl...

2000 Server Connection to 2003 over VPN
Here is my issue: My company has a remote office in Montana. We have 2 Cisco 501 Pix connecting the sites via VPN. The 2003 Servers from WA can see the Montana office with no problem as can all the Workstations. The 2 windows 2000 SP4 Servers however can not see the 2003 server in Montana or vice versa. When pinging the servers from either side it does reolve to the correct IP however the ping drops. Every other IP connects fine. Something in the 2000 servers are blocking the connection over the VPN any ideas would be great... Thanks Jeremy SOme things to check: DNS zones on both ends, st...

Message archival
How to disable IMC message archival (folders ?:\exchsrvr\imcdata\in\Archive e ?:\exchsrvr\imcdata\out\Archive) ? Thanks in advance Max ...

Vacation Message #2
Just wondering if there was a way to set up an away/vacation message in Outlook Express??? If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. J You can create messae rules for this. For more info ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office ...

Outlook 2003-Does Not Terminate
I was noticing that my computer would take an inordinately long time (like 10 minutes) to complete its shutdown from time to time. I've finally isolated the problem-- it only occurs when OUTLOOK.EXE is still shown as a running process in the Task Manager. (Note that the APPLICATION is not running, just the process, showing 16,788 KB.) I've tried using the END PROCESS command, but to no avail. (I get the warning message, and click YES, but nothing happens.) How can I find out what's causing this, and how do I stop it from happening? There doesn't seem to be any rhyme...

Help .... problems with exchange ...
I have one problem .. I am sending mail through CRM .. the contact receives the email but not complete .. The body of the email received only show the first letter of the text ... I already checked the SQL database and in the field Description the text is saved correctly but the field Sender and Receipt have ni data ... do you have any idea what's going on ? BR Karolina B. ...

How to rebuild public folders in Exchange 2003
I have run into a problem with a migration from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. The public folders appear to be messed up. This stems back to a migration from 5.5 to 2000. At this point the public folders are empty. I would like to rebuild them, but am looking for the best approach to do this. I have seen article 822444, but it also references rebuilding the public folders. Any Advice? Thanks ...

Sort Inbox items by Unread in Outlook 2003 doesn't work
I customized my inbox view to sort items by unread. Unfortunately, the messages are not sorted have read and unread messages intermixed in my inbox (sorted by date). I wanted unread messages first then read messages afterwards. The primary sort would be unread ascending (descending didn't work either) and secondary sort would be by date. The group by is none since unread was not an option and automatically group according to this arrangement is turned off (tried with it on & didn't work either). The inbox shows that it is arranged by custom. Any suggestions on how to fix this...

new excel 2003
I work in a small office and wonder if we should buy the new Excel 2003 to upgrade from Excel 2000 that we are currently using. I cannot find anywhere that tells me what the upgrades are. I also want to find some support I can get to explain the differences. thnx Hg, It's probably not worth the price of the upgrade. There's really not much more that you can do with 2003 that you can't do in 2000. One of the Excel gurus who has written some excellent books on Excel (including 2003) has a review on his web site. Take a look here: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/xl2003.htm John ...

How to change where Outlook 2003 saves attachments
I have followed Microsoft's instructions on how to change where Outlook 2003 saves attachments. Those are found in Knowledge Base Article #823131 and involve changing the Registry. (There really should be an easier way.) Anyway, despite having followed those instructions explicitly, Outlook continues to save emailed attachments in a folder buried deep in the C: drive that doesn't even show itself when I navigate to it (and even when I set folder options to show hidden folders). Just to try everything, I did a completely clean reinstall of Outlook and then followed the Registry edit ...

How do I stop warning messages everytime i open a hyperlink?
Just a short description of your software and your problem might just help us try to help you. The actual text of the error message often gives the odd clue to the problem. -- John G Wot's Your Real Problem? ...

using a cell reference in another cell inside min function
I have a cell reference generated by the vlookup function that I want to use inside the min function. Is there a way to do the following: min(b19:the value of another cell(which is a cell reference))? Any ideas? ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Hi try: =MIN(INDIRECT("B19:" & cell_reference)) >-----Original Message----- >I have a cell reference generated by the vlookup function that I want to >use inside the min function. Is there a way to do the ...

Upgrade from SBS 2003 to Standard 2003
Hi Can anyone help me please? I have an sbs 2003 server and we want to change everything to the new sever we bought which is running standard 2003 r2. We only use our server as a file and print. So all we need to to be bale to transfer the users etc and have them logon with no issues ie changing profiles etc. Can this be done? Thanx PS, really dont want to get involved with transition packs etc. -- jonoharper ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jonoharper's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/171848.htm View this...

Error Message when trying to Save As Previous Version
This error report include information regarding the condition of Microsoft Publisher when the problem occurred. The operation version and computer Hardware in use: your digital Product ID, it could be used to identify your license and the IP address of your computer This was the first paragragh and happened when I tried to take a Publisher 2002 and Save As a Publisher 2000. This publication may lose some formatting if saved for a previous version of Publisher. For more information about formatting that may be lost, Press F1 now. To continue saving for a previous version of Publisherm...

Convert to Outlook 2003
We are receiving new pc's which have Windows XP and Office 2003. Users vary on operating systems and Office Versions. What are the correct step to bring over there pst files? Or maybe we shouldn't. But I need to know what the steps are to install there Old Messages/Folders/Contacts/Tasks/Calendar Items etc. from old pc(various Outlook versions 2000 prior) to new pc which now have Outlook 2003. I have tried a couple of ways but I keep getting a duplicate personal folder which is also active. (Example if they get a new mail message it goes to both inboxes in both personal fol...

outlook 2003 new mail sound
why doesn't 2003 play a sound when new mail arrives? yes i have set it up in windows sounds and it still doesn't do it You mention that you have it set up in Windows....do you have it enabled in Outlook? Click Tools, Options, Preferences, Email Options, Advanced Email Options, and ensure it is checked under new mail options. >-----Original Message----- >why doesn't 2003 play a sound when new mail arrives? >yes i have set it up in windows sounds and it still doesn't do it > > >. > anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > You mention that yo...

Using the 1.2 Word Templates for Quotes in CRM 3.0
Hi, We had a Template for Quotations that worked fine. We used in the template: {IF =ABMerge Sequence #=BB =3D "1" "} and at the end of the template we used: {IF =ABLastItem=BB =3D"1" "}. We managed to edit the crm quote template in order to create this template. For some reason, it doesn't work in CRM 3.0! The first part works, but all the lines that appear after {IF =ABLastItem=BB =3D"1" "} doesn't appear in the merged quotation. Why is that? I have read in the group about an addon that must be purchased, but I would like to be sure th...

Exchange 2003 Standard
Hi all, Our Exchange 2003 Standard Edition server's Public Store has exceeded the 16GB limit and shut down. I'm familiar with the temporary extension to 17GB one can do for the Mailbox Store but haven't found a KB article regarding temporarily expanding the Public Folder store. Is this possible and if so how? Temporary solution found - the same registry entry mentioned in KB828070 except located in the public folder key does the 1GB increase. "MS Newsgroups" <msnews@mailinator.com> wrote in message news:erikqn9qEHA.2604@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > ...