2003 duplicating Junk Email

I have an executive who is currently running two machines at the same
time(one in main office and one remote office)
When junk email does come through it is duplicating in his Junk email
folder. They are time stamped identical, etc. We were able to simulate the
problem by setting up two laptops with the same profile (used my account
instead this time). We kept them on at the same time and when spam came
through it was also duplicated. Both mahcines have Office2K3 SP1 installed as
well.
Exchange version is 2K
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Dave
0
dave871 (679)

And what if you disable the Junk E-mail filter on one site?

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
>I have an executive who is currently running two machines at the same
> time(one in main office and one remote office)
> When junk email does come through it is duplicating in his Junk email
> folder. They are time stamped identical, etc. We were able to simulate the
> problem by setting up two laptops with the same profile (used my account
> instead this time). We kept them on at the same time and when spam came
> through it was also duplicated. Both mahcines have Office2K3 SP1 installed
> as
> well.
> Exchange version is 2K
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Dave

0
Roady
10/27/2004 2:40:08 PM
Thanks for the response.
 I turned off the junk mail filtering on one of the machines within 15
minutes the setting replicated to the other machine.
I understand that this is a client option but there must be a server
component to it or it wouldn't automatically change right?

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> And what if you disable the Junk E-mail filter on one site?

dave871 (679)
10/28/2004 3:17:25 PM
Another option is to switch one of the machines from cached mode to online
mode - the junk filter will only operate in cached mode.

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

> Thanks for the response.
>  I turned off the junk mail filtering on one of the machines within 15
> minutes the setting replicated to the other machine.
> I understand that this is a client option but there must be a server
> component to it or it wouldn't automatically change right?
>
> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > And what if you disable the Junk E-mail filter on one site?
> >
> > --

0
stephenson (1245)

Restore Outlook 2003
I had a problem with my HD which required reformatting the drive. Fortunately, I did have my outlook.pst file backed-up. I have now reinstalled Windows XP Pro and MS Office 2003. When I entered Outlook, I did not see my email messages or contacts. So, I copied my backed-up copy of outlook.pst to the outlook directory (beneath the My Documents directory) and clicked File/Open/Outlook Data File. Then they appeared in separate places on my screen. I have several questions at this point. 1. Have I proceeded correctly so far in trying to get back to my original state before the HD problem? 2....

Install OWA 2003
HI How to install OWA2003 in one another server, separate of the server of the EXC2003? Examplo, in server WEB. Tks You can't. OWA is now integrated into Exchange and cannot be separated like you could with Exchange 5.5 installing only OWA. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Alysson" <alyssondk@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:%23yzn1wyrFHA.2348@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > > > HI > > How to install OWA2003 in one another server, separate of the server of > the > EXC2003? > Examplo, in server WEB. > > > Tks > &g...

2000 Server Connection to 2003 over VPN
Here is my issue: My company has a remote office in Montana. We have 2 Cisco 501 Pix connecting the sites via VPN. The 2003 Servers from WA can see the Montana office with no problem as can all the Workstations. The 2 windows 2000 SP4 Servers however can not see the 2003 server in Montana or vice versa. When pinging the servers from either side it does reolve to the correct IP however the ping drops. Every other IP connects fine. Something in the 2000 servers are blocking the connection over the VPN any ideas would be great... Thanks Jeremy SOme things to check: DNS zones on both ends, st...

Junk mail sender list
I have a strange problem with my sender list. All the emails from one of my co-worker always go to junk mail folder and I've checked the junk mail sender list and adult list, his email address is not found. What could this be? Thanks Sarah If you're using Outlook 2002 or earlier, try checking the Filters.txt file -- it's a readme file that tells you what Outlook looks for in a message to determine whether or not it's junk. You can't change the file's contents, but it may give you a clue. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address wi...

Exchange 2003 getting clogged?
Hello all, A client of mine wrote me the following IM's earlier regarding his boss's email account. It appears that there hasn't been any change in configurations on the server and that it was just noticed today/very recently. While I'm not an Exchange2003 expert, I have used it a little and never ran across any clients that have used it before until now. Does anyone have any suggestions at what route to take when reading this? I admit this discussion with me and the client seems to be broad, but I was trying to gather as much info as possible to troubleshoot: Clie...

Email #2
Every time I recieve emails, I recieve two copies of each. I have looked at every setting I can find. The problem occurs on my primary computer which shares an internet connection with a networked computer. Do you have two or internet e-mail accounts or the Exchange transport + an Internet e-mail configured to check the same mailbox? "Dave G" <david_gate@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message news:04ec01c349e4$d171e7a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Every time I recieve emails, I recieve two copies of > each. I have looked at every setting I can find. The > problem occurs on my ...

Outlook 2003-Does Not Terminate
I was noticing that my computer would take an inordinately long time (like 10 minutes) to complete its shutdown from time to time. I've finally isolated the problem-- it only occurs when OUTLOOK.EXE is still shown as a running process in the Task Manager. (Note that the APPLICATION is not running, just the process, showing 16,788 KB.) I've tried using the END PROCESS command, but to no avail. (I get the warning message, and click YES, but nothing happens.) How can I find out what's causing this, and how do I stop it from happening? There doesn't seem to be any rhyme...

How to rebuild public folders in Exchange 2003
I have run into a problem with a migration from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. The public folders appear to be messed up. This stems back to a migration from 5.5 to 2000. At this point the public folders are empty. I would like to rebuild them, but am looking for the best approach to do this. I have seen article 822444, but it also references rebuilding the public folders. Any Advice? Thanks ...

Sort Inbox items by Unread in Outlook 2003 doesn't work
I customized my inbox view to sort items by unread. Unfortunately, the messages are not sorted have read and unread messages intermixed in my inbox (sorted by date). I wanted unread messages first then read messages afterwards. The primary sort would be unread ascending (descending didn't work either) and secondary sort would be by date. The group by is none since unread was not an option and automatically group according to this arrangement is turned off (tried with it on & didn't work either). The inbox shows that it is arranged by custom. Any suggestions on how to fix this...

new excel 2003
I work in a small office and wonder if we should buy the new Excel 2003 to upgrade from Excel 2000 that we are currently using. I cannot find anywhere that tells me what the upgrades are. I also want to find some support I can get to explain the differences. thnx Hg, It's probably not worth the price of the upgrade. There's really not much more that you can do with 2003 that you can't do in 2000. One of the Excel gurus who has written some excellent books on Excel (including 2003) has a review on his web site. Take a look here: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/xl2003.htm John ...

How to change where Outlook 2003 saves attachments
I have followed Microsoft's instructions on how to change where Outlook 2003 saves attachments. Those are found in Knowledge Base Article #823131 and involve changing the Registry. (There really should be an easier way.) Anyway, despite having followed those instructions explicitly, Outlook continues to save emailed attachments in a folder buried deep in the C: drive that doesn't even show itself when I navigate to it (and even when I set folder options to show hidden folders). Just to try everything, I did a completely clean reinstall of Outlook and then followed the Registry edit ...

Upgrade from SBS 2003 to Standard 2003
Hi Can anyone help me please? I have an sbs 2003 server and we want to change everything to the new sever we bought which is running standard 2003 r2. We only use our server as a file and print. So all we need to to be bale to transfer the users etc and have them logon with no issues ie changing profiles etc. Can this be done? Thanx PS, really dont want to get involved with transition packs etc. -- jonoharper ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jonoharper's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/171848.htm View this...

Convert to Outlook 2003
We are receiving new pc's which have Windows XP and Office 2003. Users vary on operating systems and Office Versions. What are the correct step to bring over there pst files? Or maybe we shouldn't. But I need to know what the steps are to install there Old Messages/Folders/Contacts/Tasks/Calendar Items etc. from old pc(various Outlook versions 2000 prior) to new pc which now have Outlook 2003. I have tried a couple of ways but I keep getting a duplicate personal folder which is also active. (Example if they get a new mail message it goes to both inboxes in both personal fol...

outlook 2003 new mail sound
why doesn't 2003 play a sound when new mail arrives? yes i have set it up in windows sounds and it still doesn't do it You mention that you have it set up in Windows....do you have it enabled in Outlook? Click Tools, Options, Preferences, Email Options, Advanced Email Options, and ensure it is checked under new mail options. >-----Original Message----- >why doesn't 2003 play a sound when new mail arrives? >yes i have set it up in windows sounds and it still doesn't do it > > >. > anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > You mention that yo...

Exchange 2003 Standard
Hi all, Our Exchange 2003 Standard Edition server's Public Store has exceeded the 16GB limit and shut down. I'm familiar with the temporary extension to 17GB one can do for the Mailbox Store but haven't found a KB article regarding temporarily expanding the Public Folder store. Is this possible and if so how? Temporary solution found - the same registry entry mentioned in KB828070 except located in the public folder key does the 1GB increase. "MS Newsgroups" <msnews@mailinator.com> wrote in message news:erikqn9qEHA.2604@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > ...

I have a user who's unable to paste an Excel 2003 chart into Outlook 2003 email message. In Outlook options, the checkbox is selected for "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages". When I tested this on my own computer running the same version of Office, if the box is check, I have no problem pasting; if this box is cleared, I cannot paste. But on his computer, it doesn't work regardless. Thanks and regards, TL ...

Contacts in Outlook 2003 (and other Office 2003 atrocities)
Every time Microsoft does a new improved version of Office it ruins what few features it had before that worked. Going to Office 2003 (from 2000)makes a real mess of almost all of Office (it ruined what formatting I had in WORD -- the numbering goes to some default that MS thinks I *should* want). It also makes it impossible for me to find people (not CONTACTS, these are FRIENDS) I had in my address book in Outlook. For example I used to be able to type in my friends' nicknames, but that doesn't work in 2003 (the nickname is there alright, but you can't retrieve them by typing t...

Error when sending pub 2003 document as an email
we have a document that we have been sending as an email in publisher 2003 for some time, by using the SEND AS EMAIL> SEND THIS PAGE AS A MESSAGE. This has worked fine for some time, but now something has happened to the document that when you click the send button in outlook you get a message that publisher has encountered an error and needs to close. Outlook then freezes and has to be cntrl-alt-del to kill it off. this happens with the same document on multiple computers, whereas the same computers can complete the task using a newly created document. Anyone seen this before? detai...

Unexpected duplication of mails with attachment
We work with Outlook 98 under WindowsXP and Norton Antivirus 2003. Until October 2, we were able to send mails with attachment (photos) without problems. Since then each such e-mail, addressed to one recipient is duplicated - seven to, in the extreme, 200 times!!! These figures stem from the virenscanner, checking ouutgoing mails. E-mail without attachment is not affected! We have de- and reinstalled Outlook, deactivated the Virenscanner, checked aditionally with F-prot for virusses - all to no avail. We then installed the e-mail program of Deutsche Telekom which solved the problem - no du...

Outlook 2003 #240
Just installed Outlook 2003, running Outlook 2000 prior. Here is my problem; 1) I launch Outlook 2) Microsoft LDAP window comes up; Server name NULL, PORT 3268, USER NAME NULL 3) Close this window. Then I can press send/receive button, however, it cannot check for new email. In addition, if I create a new email from within Outlook, there is no "send-emal" button. HELP! Thanks. Steve <nospam@abc.net> wrote: > 1) I launch Outlook > 2) Microsoft LDAP window comes up; Server name NULL, PORT 3268, USER > NAME NULL > 3) Close this window. Tools>E-mail Accoun...

Pub 2003 Question ( Problem )
I have documents I created a couple of years ago in Pub 2003 that contain a lot of pictures. When I open them up today, many of the pictures do not show on screen? No error messages ? What can I do ? Wayne wrote: > I have documents I created a couple of years ago in Pub 2003 that > contain a lot of pictures. When I open them up today, many of the > pictures do not show on screen? > > No error messages ? > > What can I do ? =========================== Have a look at the following site: (Read the third FAQ) Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/ lines when editing ...

Is it possible to email several contacts to one email address?
I am the contact person for my agency's Board of Directors. There are 20 Board Members and I have each individual's contact information saved as separate entries in Outlook Contacts. I want to know if there's a way I can send all twenty to one email address so that the recipient can export them to his Outlook Contacts. Normally one would create an Outlook data file (PST file) to send that much information to another Outlook user. You'll need to set permissions correctly to transfer a PST file over the Internet. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.asp ...

Exchange 2003 sending 3 copies of email
strange one, exchange 2003 sp1 - windows 2000 box. This happens with just one user and not all the time. She will send out one email and the receiver will get 3 copies. (internal and external receivers) checking the logs, exchange reports that the sender did send out three emails (different msg ID's). time stamps are the same pop access is turned on for this user so she can get email via her treo, but the msg are not sent out using this. thanks Lee It is for sure user related. Try out the following things configure hermailbox on another computer and see or Use OWA to send emai...

Save word 2003
I run windows XP with word 2003. I recently performed a system reset with some back up software. After which word 2003 wouldn't save any documents. There is 2G of memory left on the C drive so it's not lack of space. I've read other strings about this but can't find a solution, a previous string talked about removing "Security Update for Windows XP (KB908531)" but I don't have this in my list of updates (this advice was from 2006 though?) Any help greatly appreciated. See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then repair Office 20...

migratin from SBS 2003
Hi, I'm hoping someone could advise me on the best way to migrate a company away from sbs 2003 to the full version of exchange. It's slightly complicated in that the company has 2 domains:- abc.local = The domain to which all users authenticate. xyz.local = The SBS domain which is used for exchange. I'm looking to install a new exchange server into the domain abc.local and will look to migrate users (mailboxes) off from the old SBS server. I have got an SBS transition pack. I was thinking of EXMERGING the data off SBS and then importing them 1 by 1 into exchange. If anyone ...