2000 to outlook 2003

how do I get all my settings from outlook 2000 to outlook 2003
0
rodbooth (1)

Dear,
You may need your PST file and Archive folder files and also,
(you may need to locate your pst and archive folder files in your harddisk)
The following is not necessary - but if you get it, then useful
outcmd.dat - Registered Microsoft Exchange extensions (.dat)
Outlook.srs - Send/Receive settings (.srs)
Outlook.NK2 - Outlook contacts nicknames (.nk2)
Outlook.xml - Navigation Pane settings (.xml)

Outlook.NK2 may be of special interest because it contains the e-mail
address nicknames that may not be stored on the Contacts folder within
Outlook.PST.  The nicknames allow someone to type in a few letters of a name
and Outlook will autocomplete the e-mail address in the e-mail composition
window.

The four files mentioned above are usually located at C:\Documents and
Settings\computer_login_name\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook.  There is a
set of these files for each profile you may have created in Outlook.  When
rebuilding a system, copy these files to an external source and then recopy
them to the same folder when the rebuild is complete.

--
(Please respond to this question
Was this post helpful to you?)

Hope this helps you more
Regards
APK

"rodbooth" wrote:

> how do I get all my settings from outlook 2000 to outlook 2003
0
Anver (91)
8/3/2005 12:21:02 PM
rodbooth <rodbooth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> how do I get all my settings from outlook 2000 to outlook 2003

If you perform an upgrade install, your current settings should be detected
and reused.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Outlook/Word hangs then crashes
If I try to open an attachment, word or excel so far from outlook when connected to the internet the computer freezes up and I have to end task, I can do it when not connected. Occassionally if I wait long enough Imay get a "can't find that file" message. I just tried it and it will start to open word but then get stuck. When I end task it closes outlook also. Can anybody help me? ...

Queues in exchange 2000
Hi all, Cenario, Windows 2000 Server SP4 Exchange 2000 SP3 I have a little problem. By Christmas, we sent christmas postcards by e-mail. For some reason the e-mails where not sent, and stayed in the queue retrying. I removed them from the queue, connector after connector (about 150). Now everytime i restart the Exchange Server, they return to the queue. The person that sent those e-mails, starts receiving the NDR(around 300!!!!) so does the Administrator. This situation becomes painfull, since we have mailbox limits, with those NDR the user reaches the limit everytime. Any ideia how to real...

Outlook 2000 - Installation Problem
I am running Outlook 2000 under Windows XP Home on a laptop and have been doing so for 18 months. I have recently been getting the following problem: 1. When Windows has finished loading, I load Outlook without any problems - loads without problems, including personal toolbars. 2. When I close Outlook - no problems either 3. If I open Outlook again, I get an error message saying "Improper Installation", but it loads OK except that it looses my personal toolbars. When I try to view an e-mail through preview pane, it just appears grey. 4. When I close Outlook, it closes with an er...

Printing question using 2003
I create flyers for my theater group on my home computer and then take them to another location to print the flyer on a new large-format printer. We have been having problems having the large-format printer print the file as a 18"x22" or other desired large size poster. It wants to print as it would on my home printer...like a group of six sheets that have to be taped together. Won't Publisher allow you to create in a letter size format (8.5"x11") and then automatically expand all text boxes, graphics, clip art, word art, etc to fit the enlarged large-format pr...

Outlook and Cyrillic
I have recently upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003 (English version). Before the upgrade when I received a message in Russian without Content-type line in the message header specifying which code page to use I would go to the menu and select a correct encoding (usually Cyrillic (Windows)) and I was able to see the message. After the upgrade this does not work anymore. But the messages with code page setup are shown OK (newly received messages and the old messages I read using Outlook 2000 setting the correct encoding). Is this an Outlook "feature" or there is something wron...

Best solution for sharing Outlook in a small office (7
Just installed Office Professional 2003 on 7 systems in our office. We need to share calendar and contact manager. Our network is a basic peer to peer system with all computers running Windows XP. We have a shared computer running Windows 2000 acting as a file server. Just read the specs for Microsoft Exchange Server and would really rather not have to install Windows 2003 Server as well as Exchange Server. Is there a simple solution ? I found a few products like ShareO http://shareo.4team.biz/?pcode=50621011129vvme listed at Slipstick http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm &...

Exchange server 2003 smtp queue
Hi! I think I have a virus. I have many messages (email) in the SMTP queue. These are "strange messages". For example : from jkfkdjdf.jkuii@yahoo.com to hyhuiiiokl@yahoo.com The exchange server, naturally, can not deliver and I have a lots of messages waiting. Could anyone help me, please ? Antonio Grasso First, open up any of the message in Notepad. Look at the received header and find out what machine inside your organization is generating those emails. Take that machine off of your network. Second, check if your Exchange server is open for relay. It should not be ...

Right click in Outlook 2000 SR-1
The menu doesn't appear when right clicking on messages. There is no problem right clicking in any aother application or with the Windows 2000 OS. ...

Upgrade from v5.5 (pervasive SQL) to v8.0 (MS SQL 2000)
Has anyone done this upgrade? I don't think the software upgrade would be a problem but my concern is the database conversion. Can anyone comment whether they have tackle this themselves and if Microsoft was helpful with this upgrade. I have not gone from 5.5 to 8 but I've done many updates from 5.5 and many to 8.0. You've got a few stops in between, as you probably know. Depending upon the data size and how many companies, it's going to take a few days to convert. I would go to 5.5 on SQL Server and then start updating from there to 8.0. Make darn sure you run the...

Setting Outlook word to richtext when replying
Hi, Have a peculiar problem with a machine where if the user sends email in Outlook 2002 under HTML format, the receiver gets the content in the Subject Line but the message body is blank. I've tried every fix I know (see previous message). Anyway, I can have him get around it by setting Outlook to send email in Rich Text format under option, which works fine when sending new messages (body content comes through). But the problem now is that if he replies or forward a message in his inbox that is orginally in HTML format, that message gets stripped of the body contents. I se...

Windows 2000 server exchange 2000 and xp workstation
Ok, I got the snap in and everything but im missing the tab in user propertied that allow you to hide an email address in the global book, along with other protocal restrictions and such. any ideas? You got what snap-in? Did you install the Exchange 2000 Management Tools? Did you install the same SP that is on your Exchange server? Try enabling the Advanced view within ADUC. View, Advanced View. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2000
I am configuring my new office computer and cannot figure out how to import my Outlook 2000 files and archives from the old computer to the new computer. The only information I have been able to find is importing Outlook Express to Outlook 2000 - but this does not seem to apply to Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2000. These are the steps I believe should work - but don't quite make sense to me: On the new computer: Open Outlook File Import and Export .....Which "action to perform" option will work? None of the options seem to include Outlook 2000. Thanks in advance for your he...

Lansweeper on sbs 2003 premium
Got some people on the network with undesirable software on their workstations. Due to some crappy software that we need, I can not demote them to regular users on their machines. So I saw this software in the internet for free!!! Anybody has done this? any gotchas? Regards Miguel s´┐Żnchez "Miguel Sanchez" <santaki2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#M39t$YsKHA.4704@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Got some people on the network with undesirable software on their > workstations. Due to some crappy software that we need, I can not demote > them to regula...

outlook 2000 locking up
working on msExchange on server with win2000 prof. working on Outlook 2000 on workstations with win98. On 2 of our workstations out of the blue, they will not allow user to create a new message, forward a message, or display the entire message. It locks up their computer requiring a hard boot. Have tried a number of remedies. Ironically, the only one that worked was downgrading to Outlook 97 ...

outlook 2000 takes several minutes to load
I have a client using outlook internet mail only(no exchange) that takes several minutes to load since about 1 week ago. it runs normal (as far as i can see) once it is loaded. Any reason for the slow loading?? thanks CR ...

delay sending out all emails outlook 2003
How do I permanently delay sending out all emails for 2 minutes if I realize there is an error or I forgot an attachment? Use Rules. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2007/20070508.htm http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2008/up080508.htm#3 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cente...

Titles and bodies in Outlook
Is there any way to make outlook donwload only the titles of the email massages and after at the user request to download the body? asantos@jardine.pt <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there any way to make outlook donwload only the titles > of the email massages and after at the user request to > download the body? What version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

Quicksell 2000 / Windows 2000
I've been running Quicksell 2000 for over five years on Windows 95 on NEC pentium II 233's, and it runs great. But now, its time to upgrade my hardware, and hence, upgrade my OS. I've been trying to get QS2000 to run on the new machine and I can't get it to run. I have a parallel port dongle for the software, and I've tried installing it too, but I can't get the system up and running. I don't have the original install disks, they were damaged in a break-in 4 years ago. Anyone have any hints for me? Should I just install the demo system and copy my datab...

Forwarded Messages in Outlook 2002
I have just started using Outlook 2002. I was orginally using AOL and did not require any message handling capabilities. I have switched my ISP, and now I am using Outlook 2002. The problem I am having, is when I receive a message that has been forwarded, it now comes as an attachment. When I down load the attachment, I do not know what application to open it in. If I open it in Word, it displays garbage. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- David M. Gettleman David Gettleman <DavidGettleman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just started using Outlook 2002. ...

Pubisher 2000
I have created a one page document in pub 2000 and when I try to save it it say the following : " The disk is full tying to write C:Documents and Settings. Please save this file on a different disk and /or drive. I have tried to save it to A: as well as on my network drive. I have check them all and I still have plenty of space left? Any suggestions? I really do not want to lose this document. What you will have to do is open another instance of Publisher and copy and paste the information from that file that will not save to the new publication. Publisher is not at all n...

Outlook 2007 Contact Display Missing Scroll Bar
When I open a contact I am missing the right-side scroll bar. How do I get it back? Thanks "Kristin M" <KristinM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCBDD990-4B7E-4D4C-BA57-279291464CA3@microsoft.com... > When I open a contact I am missing the right-side scroll bar. How do I get > it back? There is no right-side scroll bar on the Contact form, assuming you mean one for the entire form. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] "Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" wrote: > "Kristin M" <KristinM@discussions.microsoft.c...

outlook autosending emails
hi, i have a webpage with a mailto link on it, when i click on it, it opens an outlook send mail window for me. when someone else on my team clicks the same click, the outlook window opens but it closes automatically sending the email out. is there an option to stop this, we don't want it to auto send the email, want it to just open the window and wait for the user to type a message and click send. thanks. Same version of outlook? It should wait for you to hit the send button to send the email to the outbox unless it uses a script to automate it - which would only work for older ver...

Outlook Today error
User opens up Outlook Today within Outlook and gets the error as noted above, Active x control on this page may be unsave to interact with other parts of the page. Do you want to allow this. Yes Runtime Error.line 297 - error unspecified We get this error, is outlook the problem? or is it to do with the security we have inoffice which is set to high Iain <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > User opens up Outlook Today within Outlook and gets the > error as noted above, Active x control on this page may > be unsave to interact with other parts of the page. Do &g...

Office 2003 integration
Hello All, Hopefully I've got the right newsgroup here. I've set up MS Office integration with Great Plains and am attempting to import Great Plains data into an Excel spreadsheet (MS Office 2003) using the Data Connection Wizard. Keep on getting the following error: The server for the data source returned a non-specific error when trying to execute your query... Already gone through the initial set up of Office integration on my web server etc. Any direction/resource locations would be appreciated, thanks R Hi Did you also install Sharepoint Services or any other web p...

Outlook 2000 #135
I installed Outlook 2000 on a new computer setup as part of the office package. My Internet provider only supports outlook express, so I use outlook express. At startup I get a message that there is not a default e-mail program. That I should run Outlook and set it as the default reader. Is there a way to stop this or uninstall outlook with out removing the other office programs? ...