2 .pst files

winxp pro sp2, outlook 2003
I did a "detect and repair" and now have outlook.pst and outlook1.pst.   It
does not matter which one I select as default, they both display the same
info.  Outlook.pst is  2.2mb and outlook1.pst is 3.9mb.  Neither will allow
me to rename or delete.  Can someone help me out on this?

0
til (7)

If you cannot close either one, then you have a corrupt profile and must
create a new one from scratch. You can then designate which PST file should
be your default in that profile and close any others you do not want or
need.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"til" <til@lafn.org> wrote in message
> winxp pro sp2, outlook 2003
> I did a "detect and repair" and now have outlook.pst and outlook1.pst.
> It does not matter which one I select as default, they both display the
> same info.  Outlook.pst is  2.2mb and outlook1.pst is 3.9mb.  Neither will
> allow me to rename or delete.  Can someone help me out on this?

0
russval1 (2101)
2/3/2006 9:47:29 AM
I created a new profile and closed the existing one, which caused me to lose
all my email.  I thought I was closing and not deleting.  Oh well, live and
learn.  Now I still have the same outlook files plus another, Outlook2.pst.
They are all doing the same thing as before.  I guess my email is gone for
good, right?

> If you cannot close either one, then you have a corrupt profile and must
> create a new one from scratch. You can then designate which PST file
> should be your default in that profile and close any others you do not
> want or need.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "til" <til@lafn.org> wrote in message
>> winxp pro sp2, outlook 2003
>> I did a "detect and repair" and now have outlook.pst and outlook1.pst. It
>> does not matter which one I select as default, they both display the same
>> info.  Outlook.pst is  2.2mb and outlook1.pst is 3.9mb.  Neither will
>> allow me to rename or delete.  Can someone help me out on this?

0
til (7)
2/3/2006 9:58:40 PM
Of course not. Deleting profiles never touches your data. It's all right
there in the same PST file it was before. All you need to do is set your new
profile to use your previous PST file instead of the new one created by the
new profile. Be sure to do so correctly so you don't end up with 2 PST files
in the profile again:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx
--
>I created a new profile and closed the existing one, which caused me to
>lose all my email.  I thought I was closing and not deleting.  Oh well,
>live and learn.  Now I still have the same outlook files plus another,
>Outlook2.pst. They are all doing the same thing as before.  I guess my
>email is gone for good, right?
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> If you cannot close either one, then you have a corrupt profile and must
>> create a new one from scratch. You can then designate which PST file
>> should be your default in that profile and close any others you do not
>> want or need.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "til" <til@lafn.org> wrote in message
>>> winxp pro sp2, outlook 2003
>>> I did a "detect and repair" and now have outlook.pst and outlook1.pst.
>>> It does not matter which one I select as default, they both display the
>>> same info.  Outlook.pst is  2.2mb and outlook1.pst is 3.9mb.  Neither
>>> will allow me to rename or delete.  Can someone help me out on this?

0
russval1 (2101)
2/3/2006 10:07:16 PM
Russ, I am learning to love and hate this thing at the same time.  :>)   I
now have 3 .pst files, 3 personal folders, 3 contacts, etc..  I found my
emails in one of the three personal folders, and my contacts in one of the
three contact folders, etc....   I will check the link out, thanks.

> Of course not. Deleting profiles never touches your data. It's all right
> there in the same PST file it was before. All you need to do is set your
> new profile to use your previous PST file instead of the new one created
> by the new profile. Be sure to do so correctly so you don't end up with 2
> PST files in the profile again:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "til" <til@lafn.org> wrote in message
>>I created a new profile and closed the existing one, which caused me to
>>lose all my email.  I thought I was closing and not deleting.  Oh well,
>>live and learn.  Now I still have the same outlook files plus another,
>>Outlook2.pst. They are all doing the same thing as before.  I guess my
>>email is gone for good, right?
>>
>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> If you cannot close either one, then you have a corrupt profile and must
>>> create a new one from scratch. You can then designate which PST file
>>> should be your default in that profile and close any others you do not
>>> want or need.
>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]
>>> "til" <til@lafn.org> wrote in message

0
til (7)
2/3/2006 11:15:46 PM
Please do. It will tell you how to designate only one PST file as your
default and be rid of the rest.
--
> Russ, I am learning to love and hate this thing at the same time.  :>)   I
> now have 3 .pst files, 3 personal folders, 3 contacts, etc..  I found my
> emails in one of the three personal folders, and my contacts in one of the
> three contact folders, etc....   I will check the link out, thanks.
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Of course not. Deleting profiles never touches your data. It's all right
>> there in the same PST file it was before. All you need to do is set your
>> new profile to use your previous PST file instead of the new one created
>> by the new profile. Be sure to do so correctly so you don't end up with 2
>> PST files in the profile again:
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "til" <til@lafn.org> wrote in message
>>>I created a new profile and closed the existing one, which caused me to
>>>lose all my email.  I thought I was closing and not deleting.  Oh well,
>>>live and learn.  Now I still have the same outlook files plus another,
>>>Outlook2.pst. They are all doing the same thing as before.  I guess my
>>>email is gone for good, right?
>>>
>>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
russval1 (2101)
2/4/2006 1:17:56 AM
I got it.  Thanks much.

> Please do. It will tell you how to designate only one PST file as your
> default and be rid of the rest.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "til" <til@lafn.org> wrote in message
>> Russ, I am learning to love and hate this thing at the same time.  :>)
>> I now have 3 .pst files, 3 personal folders, 3 contacts, etc..  I found
>> my emails in one of the three personal folders, and my contacts in one of
>> the three contact folders, etc....   I will check the link out, thanks.
>>
>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Of course not. Deleting profiles never touches your data. It's all right
>>> there in the same PST file it was before. All you need to do is set your
>>> new profile to use your previous PST file instead of the new one created
>>> by the new profile. Be sure to do so correctly so you don't end up with
>>> 2 PST files in the profile again:
>>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx
>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]
>>> "til" <til@lafn.org> wrote in message

0
til (7)
2/4/2006 1:48:41 AM
I got it.  Thanks much.

> Please do. It will tell you how to designate only one PST file as your
> default and be rid of the rest.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "til" <til@lafn.org> wrote in message
>> Russ, I am learning to love and hate this thing at the same time.  :>)
>> I now have 3 .pst files, 3 personal folders, 3 contacts, etc..  I found
>> my emails in one of the three personal folders, and my contacts in one of
>> the three contact folders, etc....   I will check the link out, thanks.
>>
>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Of course not. Deleting profiles never touches your data. It's all right
>>> there in the same PST file it was before. All you need to do is set your
>>> new profile to use your previous PST file instead of the new one created
>>> by the new profile. Be sure to do so correctly so you don't end up with
>>> 2 PST files in the profile again:
>>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx
>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]
>>> "til" <til@lafn.org> wrote in message

0
til (7)

Archiving does not reduce size of outlook.pst file
Am I missing something? I have a rather large outlook.pst file (105Mb). So I archived two large folders in my Personal folders (filled with older email messages). An archive.pst file was formed in the place the instructions said it would be. Since the newly created archive.pst was 85Mb in size, I was expecting the outlook.pst to be fairly small now. Unfortunately, it appears that it did not change the size of the outlook.pst file. Could somebody explain this? Thanks. It is mostly empty space. Compact it!!! -- Regards, Pat Garard Australia ______________________________________ &q...

Major help needed!!!! #2
Thanks for the post GE, I was able to find another computer with exce 97 still loaded. I opened the existing spreadheet and went through th tools options and unchecked th 1904 date option. Went back to m updated computer and the dates came across just fine. Also thanks Don, your comment will be noted. I was in a rushed an panic'd state : -- KyDean ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KyDeano's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1556 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27128 ...

error 0x800ccc13 #2
I have Outlook 2000 installed on WinXP home. After installing modem software (for fax purposes) I now receive error 0x800ccc13 when performing 'send receive' in Outlook. Outlook Express now also fails with 0x800ccc0f error. I've disabled all spywatch and filtering software and tested Winsock using Netdiag and Winsock passes but there is a fail for NetBT transports test failed (I'm assuming because I removed all services other than TCP/IP.) I've reinstalled Outlook Express using the procedure from #318378 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378&...

Locking a file
Is there a way to lock a file so that it can not be copied? Not really. Almost any suggestion you're going to get would rely on macros and macros can be disabled. Heck, anyone could even avoid excel and just copy using windows explorer. MD wrote: > Is there a way to lock a file so that it can not be copied? -- Dave Peterson Short answer: No. Excel's protection is not security, just protection against changes to the layout, format and some content. Any password protection you assign to a workbook and/or worksheets can be bypassed in a matter of minutes ...

MS Publisher #2
Does anyone know how to open an MS Publisher 2000 document with MS Publisher 97? You cannot open a Publisher 2000 document in Publisher 97. You need the same or later version of Publisher to open Publisher documents. -- Why is it that people don't realize that they will probably have a problem opening a newer file with an older program? Rarely does that ever happen. "Riobard" <morgan.riobard@sivh.ie> wrote in message news:12b801c38ceb$868aea80$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to open an MS Publisher 2000 document > with MS Publisher 97? Because t...

Help ! #2
Hi, I have developed an application in VC++ where spelling of a word will be checked in Excel (English is default). I have used Automation for this. I want to use the same application for German and French languages. Could someone help me on how to select the language programmatically so that selected language's dictionary will be activated and spelling of a word will be checked in that selected language's dictionary? TIA, Gary ...

Log files commit
Can someone help me here, what utility how to check logs files committed and it’s same to move it or delete it? We have tape drive problem and disk space is running now, can’t afford to shutdown the server. see this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;182961 what version of Exchange? what OS? it's possible you could do an online backup to disk, using NT backup... "drpepper" <drpepper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D488B85C-BEEE-4BDA-A5C9-F9864E057CE6@microsoft.com... > Can someone help me here, what utility how to check log...

Outlook 2002 Export to File Problem
I am using Outlook 2002 "Export to file" to get the .pst files in an exported file so it can be imported into another system. The problem is that this is no longer functioning as it used it. It no longer displays a window showing the files it is scanning and putting in the export file. It also never completes and the export file remains locked down unless you kill Outlook. Please help! Are you trying to get the .PST file data to another system running Outlook, or are you trying to convert to some other program or file format? If you're just moving data between Outlook in...

Error adding users #2
Hello all: I am working with a new installation of MSCRM, and when I try to add a user I get the "AN error ahs occurred, please contact your system administrator" message. So I enabled tracing, and I have pasted the error details from the trace file below... Does anyone have any ideas? John. >MSCRM Application Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. >Parameter name: index Error Message: Index was ou...

RMS 2.0 Manual
I have a general question. I remember over year ago when we were buying RMS license we were receivig license+box with manual, user guide and Instalation CD. From some time whenever we order new license there is A2 cartboard "envelope" comming which have another A3 soft envelope in it and eventually this one ontains 10cm x 10cm RMS license sheet. Can someoe tell me is it just us or everybody have it this way. Before after we did training for customer he had Manual/User Guide to look back into if he forgot about something, I know that this manual is exact printout of ...

Qty sold/Qty available #2
Any way of doing this on a top performer report? I would like to see the qty sold and qty available per item, not individual sales. THANKS! CT >-----Original Message----- >CT, > >Detailed Sales Report and add the On Hand column. (right click on the >report, Show/Hide Columns) > >-- >Jeff > >Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security > >===================================================== > >When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via >your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit >from your issue. > >=======...

Button for goal seek?! #2
Hello I have the following data: 5 6 12 15 20 Total of all those added I will have to set a goal seek button so that i can put the total i want and then change the cell i want i tried using a macro but i couldnt do it... I just want to do it using a click of a button instead of going to menu>goal seek>etc etc Thanks a lot From John -- Neo1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30329 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=515571 Any ...

FTP #2
Greetings. I have an MFC application working just fine using ftp with CInternetSession and CFtpConnection, and I'm using windows ftp server. this app needs to check file's size and dates where CFtpFileFind seems to works perfectly. I have some doubts: 1. this app seems to work fine with filezila ftp server... is there somethig I have to know working with other ftp servers specially servers runing on linux? I have seen that list files is not standard... 2. MFC can handle FTPS?? if not, does any one knows a good library? I'm starting to see libcurl. Any suggestions are welc...

2 cells 2 colors
Hi All, Here's my glitch: I've got 2 dropdown/combo boxes in a user form. Both offer variou color options. The 1st one colors an active cell the correct color tha is chosen. The 2nd dropdown colors the cell directly to the right or th active cell in the same manner. My code is pretty crude & not ver efficient, but it works correctly. The problem is when color 2 is no chosen. Currently, if a color isn't chosen, I can put an "X" in th cell, or color it a certain color, but what I want is to color i whatever the color of the active cell is. Any ideas? Thanks -- S...

Forms.dic #2
Hi, I might have missed out something. After installing MGP v8.0 SP5 on the workstation, I then I clicked on Modifier, the system created a file called forms.dic. After this, I can't open certain forms like Sales Transaction Windows, Sales Order Fulfillment, Inventory Transaction, etc. Other forms like Item Class ID, Journal Entry are fine. Anything I miss out here? TIA, Sugih Were these forms modified? Is security pointing to the modified forms? The new forms.dic will be empty and not contain these forms. Most firms either copy a complete forms.dic from a working workstation ...

Outlook 2007
WinXP Pro SP3 Outlook 2007 - Pop3 Can outlook 2007 have mail stores (PST) greater than 2 GB? I have a friend who keeps all for his business and is pushing the limit. I was told that Outlook 2007 raised the limit. Any clarification is appreciated. -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net 20Gb + if using the new, default, pst file type of Unicode which is the default in Outlook 2003 and later If however you upgraded outlook from a pre 2003 version, then it maybe that you are still using the old outlook format data file which has the size limitation. Within Outlook, select ...

Office 97 to 2003: Excel: enter data w/fixed 2 decimal. 2000. be. #2
When I enter number "2000." I get 20.00 - yes, set decimals at 2 but earlier excel would accept change if you entered decimal with number. this is slowing down a budget prep and I'd sure like some help - online and tutorials say "enter decimal" but this is not working. what am I doing wrong? ...

matrix item in rms 2.0
When creating a matrix item in 2.0, and selecting the option to show the dimensions of the size and color with the description, I get a error message that "itemlookup code or item description exeeds the allowed length. do you wish to continue truncating the lookup code or description." However with the old version I was able to do this. Is the description field more restricted in size? Also it whould be easier to be able to enter the matrix reorder #,minimum order & case quantity when you create a matrx item, for now i have to do it with the wizard. Does anybody know ...

One Control for 2 codes
My Combo Box cbGSTOptions selects either tax or no tax but after making my selection I need to update with another control form the calculation to work Control 2 is under the line==== Can I incorporate these two code to just the Afterupdate of my Combo Box ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Option Compare Database Option Explicit Dim recInvoice_ItMdt As ADODB.Recordset Dim recInvoice As ADODB.Recordset, dblGSTContentsValue As Double, lngIntermediateID As Long Dim dblGSTOptionsValue As Double Dim bModify As Boolean Dim ynCheque As Boolean, ln...

Exchange 2007 Beta 2 question
Hi I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to create a new email life cycle policy, but the option to do this cannot be found. I right click on the mailbox icon in EMC under "organization" but the option is not listed. The only listed options are. Also the tab in ESM for this is not there New address list New managed custom folder new managed fodler mailbox policy new offline address list On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:58:02 -0700, skip <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to...

2 X 2 Splitter Windows #2
What is wrong with the following code? I am trying to create a 2 X 2 splitter window. It should look like this. CMyTreeView | CMyListView __________________|___________________ | CPictureView | CDetailView It compiles correctly but when I run it I get an error in the WinSplit routine of MFC. if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateStatic(this,1,2)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateView(0,0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyTreeView), CSize(0,0), pContext)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd2.CreateStatic(&m_wn...

Can't access Outlook.pst
I get the following error: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst could not be accessed (cyclic redundancy check) error# 0x80040116 When I search, using Explorer, for the "outlook.pst" file it does not show up in the Outlook folder. I have tried a general search and not located it. What could have happened to it? How can I locate it? Any suggestions? Don dmountan@lcia.com Don <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local > Settings\Application Data...

Need help getting files from Exchange Server.
We have a computer that had an account on Outlook attached to a Microsoft exchange server. Apparently for the moment, this computer and the server are inextricably tied together. Outlook cannot even be started without logging into the server because information store or whatever is missing. How do you get the information out of the exchange server to wean the computer from it? tom <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote: > We have a computer that had an account on Outlook > attached to a Microsoft exchange server. > > Apparently for the moment, this computer and the > se...

AutoCorrect #2
Can 'AutoCorrect' listings be transported from an old computer to a new one? I have hundreds of 'auto-corrections' that would take me all day to redo. Copying the dictionary does not seem to do it. Robert, it is stored as a .ACL file ,do a search for *.acl and copy it to the new computer -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "robert gerald" <...

CRM 1.2 subnet change
I am moving my CRM servers to a different site for DR, and I need to know if I need to do anything to the server besides updating the DNS records with the new IPs. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks ...