1 email account, 2 mail address, 2 computers, Outlook 2000

Hi

I have 1 email account, with is shared between me and my girlfreind, we
each have our own email address, but all our mails go in to one joint
inbox, using something called Email Alias, that our ISP use.

The problem is that we get each others mails, and we would like to
setup a rule so that the mails not intented for the person that recives
them is automaticly deleted in his/her outlook and is left on the
server so the other can get it when checking their mail.

I have been looking for guides to do this for a while and have been
able to find a few for Outlook 2002 and 2003, but none for the Outlook
2000, and the newer guides dont work.

Basicly i would think it was just to set it up so that the messages
arent deleted on the server for a few days, and then sorting it so that
email with the wrong recipient automaticly gets deleted.
But i cant seem to get this to work.

Can anyone help?

OS is windows XP pro en, and outlook 2000 en

0
m0d3us (1)

The best thing to do would be to get separate POP3 or other mailboxes. You
could try using the Rules Wizard to move things around upon receipt but
that's still not the best solution

<m0d3us@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have 1 email account, with is shared between me and my girlfreind, we
> each have our own email address, but all our mails go in to one joint
> inbox, using something called Email Alias, that our ISP use.
>
> The problem is that we get each others mails, and we would like to
> setup a rule so that the mails not intented for the person that recives
> them is automaticly deleted in his/her outlook and is left on the
> server so the other can get it when checking their mail.
>
> I have been looking for guides to do this for a while and have been
> able to find a few for Outlook 2002 and 2003, but none for the Outlook
> 2000, and the newer guides dont work.
>
> Basicly i would think it was just to set it up so that the messages
> arent deleted on the server for a few days, and then sorting it so that
> email with the wrong recipient automaticly gets deleted.
> But i cant seem to get this to work.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> OS is windows XP pro en, and outlook 2000 en

0
vince8328 (2732)
8/24/2006 11:03:28 AM
m0d3us@gmail.com <m0d3us@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have 1 email account, with is shared between me and my girlfreind,
> we each have our own email address, but all our mails go in to one
> joint inbox, using something called Email Alias, that our ISP use.
>
> The problem is that we get each others mails, and we would like to
> setup a rule so that the mails not intented for the person that
> recives them is automaticly deleted in his/her outlook and is left on
> the server so the other can get it when checking their mail.
....snip...
> Basicly i would think it was just to set it up so that the messages
> arent deleted on the server for a few days, and then sorting it so
> that email with the wrong recipient automaticly gets deleted.
> But i cant seem to get this to work.

This is exactly how to do it.  You create a rule that deletes all messages
and add the exception "except with specific words in the recipient's
address", specifying your own alias as the "specific words".
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Exchange 5.5: 1 site, 2 servers
My continued quest to move to a new server with the Ed Crowley Method. I have added the new server to the existing site. Some mailboxes have been migrated over and those are working fine. The IMS was setup on the new server duplicating the settings of the IMS on the old server. The MX record (out where our DNS is hosted) was updated and the new server given a lower cost than the old server. Both IMS connections are still running. From what I can tell from the event long, the new server is accepting new connections (A new TCPIP connection has been made.....). If I send an email to a pe...

Outlook 2002 e-mail/calendar notification problem
Hi all, I have a client that receives her email and calendar notifications, except that they show up in the background when working in other apps, not the foreground. Is there a way to change it so that the reminders appear in the front? Please send ideas/suggestions to my email at ninja_6o4@hotmail.com .. Thanks. ...

Why Are My Posts 1 Hour Ahead
I just noticed that the time of my posts is one hour ahead of everyone else's. I'm using Outlook Express with Windows 98 Second Edition to read this newsgroup and the time on my computer's clock is correct, and is the time that appears with my posts. I recently reloaded all of my software so I probably missed something because I know this was not a problem before the reconfiguration of my computer. TIA PC That was easy enough. PC "Paul Corrado" <pcorrado@theavocetgroup.com> wrote in message news:%236iquP0aDHA.3444@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I just notice...

RMS 1.3 #3
i read in discussion board that RMS 1.3 will only work with windows 2003 and XP. Is it just for the work stations or our server has to be also 2003 and higher also. ...

Email multiple reports 02-24-10
I have a situation where I have three separate reports in by file. I can only send one at a time (usually send as PDF). Is there a way I can send all three in the same email? -- Thanks, Chip Chip, Without seeing the code you using... may I suggest... http://www.datastrat.com/Code/MultipleEmail.txt -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Chipgiii" <Chipgiii@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Odd Email Recipt error
Hi. We have a number of users who have external mailboxes, and some who have internal mailboxes. Everyone uses the same domain username@ourcompany.com. When anyone of us send an email to an account externally with a copy to an account internally, the external receipient gets the message, but the sender gets an error which states there is an error delivering to username@companyname.LOCAL, because on receipt to the internal receipient, Exchange is trying to send that email to the external receipient, but locally... Has anyone experienced this, and if so, does anyone know a solution to th...

Message Box #2
Is there a way to have a message box or drop down box open when acessin a work sheet within a excel spread sheet that prompts for informatio thats linked to another sheet and cell. For instance the box woul prompt the user to input Sales and Estimate Sales both imputs would g to a different sheet and different cells. Thanks for any assistance i advanc -- Db171 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Db1712's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1591 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=278...

Account transfers
When I transfer funds from a CD account to a savings account (at CD maturity) the funds show correctly in the new account but rather than the CD account showing a $0 balance, it shows a negative total. In other words instead of transferring $100 and showing zero remaining it shows the CD account with a minus $100. Why and how do I correct this? Adding a manual adjustment only complicates this situation and should never be required. In microsoft.public.money, Perplexed wrote: >When I transfer funds from a CD account to a savings account (at CD maturity) >the funds show correctl...

Billing cycle / Account types add on avail?
It appears though you can make multiple account types with interest, etc, RMS does not allow or have an option to close or run statements for specific account types.(please see post "Closing Billing Cycle Question") Maybe it depends on account closing dates or other setup? but if having A/R accounts and any others, RMS wants to close all. Any add-on packages that can develope seperate accounts within RMS? Thanks ...

Adobe Acrobat #2
Is there a way to import information from a pdf file into an Excel spreadsheet? I know I can do it from word, but the information should be seen in columns and rows and possible edited. Thank You Helo- You can Insert it as a picture/object, but Excel cannot read the data content of the file into cells for editing... At least not on its own. One of the reasons for a .pdf is to prevent others from changing the content. Regards |:>) "DKS1" wrote: > Is there a way to import information from a pdf file into an Excel > spreadsheet? I know I can do it from word, but th...

Moving Emails form Outlook to an external hard drive
Hi there and thank you for looking at this point. I am trying to easily move e-mails from my Microsoft Outlook 2007 to a folder on an external hard drive. Currently, at the moment I have to open up the folder I will be adding e-mails to, go into Outlook and drag the e-mails to that folder. Is there any way of setting up short cut Folders within Outlooks "Mail Folders pain" so that I can just drop e-mails into those folders and know the e-mail will be copied across? All the very best, and thens for your help in advance. John Squirrel -- John Squirrel "John Squirrel&q...

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Append from 1 table to 2 tables
I have a reservation application that I have obtained reservation data from an email message (daqta from which is entered into the tblWorking table). The email shows travel information either one-way or round trip. One way is referenced by the literal "PRC-PHX". Round trip is referenced by the literal "PRC-PHX-PRC". Depending on the O/W or R/T direction(s), I insert the number one (1) for O/W or the number two (2) for R/T. The form used by the application has a main form (Reservations table) and an embedded subform (ReservationDetails table). The main form h...

Akuzuki 1 1/2" Galvanized Hardwood Flooring Staples (5,000)
Price:$28.95 Image: http://discountadvisors.info/image.php?id=B001N1K28K Best deal: http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B001N1K28K Compatible with Bostitch MIIIFS; True Value 407619, Akuzuki. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Akuzuki Top Quality Pneumatic Hardwood Floor Flooring Air Cleat Nailers:http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B000Q38KOO ...

Outlook Email #5
My email stays in the outbox. Even after opening it and clicking send, it will not leave the outbox. I get an error message indicating there might be a problem with registration issues and that I should reinstall the program. I uninstalled and then reinstalled the program, but this did not solve the problem ...

MSCRM
When an email is sent from MSCRM and is replied to by the end user, where is the reply located w/in CRM? probably a stupid question, but I'm testing out the e-mail router functionality, and I sent out a message (which the user received with the tag in the subject line, they replied directly to it) but I can't find it in MSCRM Thanks for the response! -Dave Vandenberghe dave@global-image.com Go to the Workplace section. "Dave Vandenberghe" <dave@global-image.com> wrote in message news:uDXZxo0YDHA.388@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > When an email is sent from MSCRM a...

ColdFusion to Outlook Contact
Can anyone give me some guidance on using ColdFusion to send an Outlook Contact/vcard/vcf file? We use ColdFusion for a simple contact form on our website. I get an email with the text from the form when someone submits it. Our developer has figured out how to attach the information as a .csv file as well, but not an Outlook Contact as I'd prefer. Looking for some direction... Thanks! You might try the ColdFusion group here. http://groups.adobe.com/pages/home OutdoorRuss wrote: > Can anyone give me some guidance on using ColdFusion to send an > Outlook Contact/vca...

Publisher and Outlook
Hi all Many moons ago I installed Office 2000 which included Outlook 2000 and Publisher 2000. Due to the activities of Microsoft's auto-upgrade system Outlook is now at version 2002! Yippee you might think ... but read on. I have recently been sent a Publisher file to edit but ... every time I try to open it I get a 'windows installing' dialogue started which eventually asks for the Outlook 2002 installation CD - which of course for reasons given above I don't have. It seems to be looking for outret.msi although I haven't a clue why! Any offers on a solution? ...

Can't create mailboxes #2
At the beginning of last week - as part of preparing my SBS 2000 domain for an upgrade to a full W2003 domain - I ran /forestprep and /domainprep and all prelimary and post-run tests as documented in KB 325379. All tests indicated no probliems. New domain accounts created on Friday and today didn't have mailboxes created (Exchange 2003) for the accounts even though that option was selected during the account creation process. The domain accounts can log onto the domain ok. I'm not finding any related errors on the Exchange 2003 server. I tried to manually create an SMTP address...

2400 Accordion MERV 10 Aprilaire and Space-Gard Replacement Filter (2 Pack)
Price:$43.50 Image: http://thediscountdatabase.info/image.php?id=B000NMJ2WM Best deal: http://thediscountdatabase.info/index.php?id=B000NMJ2WM Reaches 99% efficiency on particles 5 microns or larger. Improves efficiency and increases longevity of HVAC systems when properly used and maintained. High efficiency filter media collects small dust particles before they can collect on your coils. This product is listed and rated by Underwriters Laboratories as U.L. Class 2. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: 2200 Accordion MERV 10 Aprilaire and Space-Gard Replacement Filter (2 Pack):http://thediscountda...

name of web service address
"glenn nehh" <glenn nehh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4ECA33FA-757C-4372-8032-97B2F976E887@microsoft.com... > I shall name it... Bob. In all seriousness, huh? -- f.h. ...

CRM 1.2 compatibility with 'MAUS' business and accounting software
Is Maus compatible with CRM 1.2? Does anyone know? ...

In Excel, how can I let 1 * a = a?
Hi everyone, Say I have two cells, one has a value (0 or 1), and the second has a text abrevation such as a or b,....etc. A B 1 ab 0 ca 1 dd 1 ww When I type A1*B1, for example, I get #VALUE! stuff!! How can let it come out like this? ab 0 dd ww Regards, Mike =IF(A1, B1, A1) should do it or more explicitly =IF(A1=1, B1, 0) -- Regards Juan Pablo Gonz´┐Żlez "Michael" <mas_it_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:118f1485.0410080733.a6cd276@posting.google.com... > Hi everyone, > > Say I have two cells, one has...

Mail Copy
I have an exchange server and two domains that I need to be able to have email sent to, let's call them xyz.com and test.com. Both have MX records in my internal pointing to my mail server mail.xyz.com. My issue is that I need to have mail addressed to test.com show up in xyz.com Say I have a primary address of Dom@xyz.com and I have set up a secondary account as Dom@test.com I need for mail addressed to Dom@test.com to end up in the same mailbox as Dom@xyz.com Do I need to add some other record to DNS or Exchange in order to make this hapen? Very confused. Have you setup a recipien...

Entourage Opening Emails Automatically
I just notice this in the last two days. When I click on a message in my inbox it opens automatically. I used to have to double-click to open a message. This is especially bad if I am trying to select what I suspect are spam messages to delete them because it is automatically opening them when I choose them in the list. If I'm trying to select multiple emails to move them to a folder it opens all the messages. Has anyone seen this behavior or know what to do to stop it? I am not using the preview pane. ...