1 address differnt users

Hi
My wfe and i have one email address but different log ins on our pc. Is
there any way of seeing all our emails on our individual logins as if i read
an email it doesnt appear on hers ???
Please help

0
SimonH1 (2)

Thanks Vince
I would have preffered having one email address and both seeing emails on
each log in. Is that not possible ?

"Vince Averello" wrote:

> There some info here that may help:
> http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olshare1.htm
>
> I'd suggest that the two of you get separate email accounts to make things
> simpler.
>
> "SimonH" <SimonH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > My wfe and i have one email address but different log ins on our pc. Is
> > there any way of seeing all our emails on our individual logins as if i
> > read
> > an email it doesnt appear on hers ???
> > Please help

0
SimonH1 (2)
10/8/2008 3:53:07 PM
It's possible to view them if you share the same PST file but I think that's
a recipe for disaster in the end.

> Thanks Vince
> I would have preffered having one email address and both seeing emails on
> each log in. Is that not possible ?

0
vince8328 (2732)
10/8/2008 4:10:10 PM
"SimonH" <SimonH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I would have preffered having one email address and both seeing emails on
> each log in. Is that not possible ?

Just put a PST in a shared folder and configure both mail profiles to use
the same PST as the delivery location (the "ours.pst" mentioned on the web
page Vince cited).  Don't configure the "his.pst" or the "hers.pst" at all.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
10/8/2008 4:20:48 PM
Sharing a PST (in a shared folder) is a good choice in this situation. I
don't see the "disaster" part. Care to explain?

"Vince Averello" <vince@omegageek.com> wrote in message
> It's possible to view them if you share the same PST file but I think
> that's a recipe for disaster in the end.
>
> "SimonH" <SimonH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks Vince
>> I would have preffered having one email address and both seeing emails on
>> each log in. Is that not possible ?

0
John
10/8/2008 7:00:55 PM
"SimonH" <SimonH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Vince
> I would have preffered having one email address and both seeing emails on
> each log in. Is that not possible ?

In addition to what Brian said, if you use the shared pst file route, just
be aware that you won't be able to use Fast User Switching as you will have
to close outlook on the one User before changing to the second....

"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message

> In addition to what Brian said, if you use the shared pst file route, just
> be aware that you won't be able to use Fast User Switching as you will
> have to close outlook on the one User before changing to the second....

I believe Fast User Switching does work.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
10/9/2008 1:14:31 PM
"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message
>
>> In addition to what Brian said, if you use the shared pst file route,
>> just be aware that you won't be able to use Fast User Switching as you
>> will have to close outlook on the one User before changing to the
>> second....
>
> I believe Fast User Switching does work.

Oh. So if you use FUS then does the one instance of Outlook get
automatically closed when you switch? (AFAIU two instances of Outlook can't
access the same pst file at the same time?)

> Oh. So if you use FUS then does the one instance of Outlook get
> automatically closed when you switch? (AFAIU two instances of Outlook
> can't access the same pst file at the same time?)

I'm not sure, but I thought I had tried it.  I'll have to test again.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Exchange 5.5: 1 site, 2 servers
My continued quest to move to a new server with the Ed Crowley Method. I have added the new server to the existing site. Some mailboxes have been migrated over and those are working fine. The IMS was setup on the new server duplicating the settings of the IMS on the old server. The MX record (out where our DNS is hosted) was updated and the new server given a lower cost than the old server. Both IMS connections are still running. From what I can tell from the event long, the new server is accepting new connections (A new TCPIP connection has been made.....). If I send an email to a pe...

Why Are My Posts 1 Hour Ahead
I just noticed that the time of my posts is one hour ahead of everyone else's. I'm using Outlook Express with Windows 98 Second Edition to read this newsgroup and the time on my computer's clock is correct, and is the time that appears with my posts. I recently reloaded all of my software so I probably missed something because I know this was not a problem before the reconfiguration of my computer. TIA PC That was easy enough. PC "Paul Corrado" <pcorrado@theavocetgroup.com> wrote in message news:%236iquP0aDHA.3444@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I just notice...

SQL Server Profiler Determine Number Times User Account Used
I have numerous SQL Server 2005 Profiler traces that run when certain user account are used in the database server in the last month. Please help me with a program to determine the number of times and duration the user account has been used in a database server? Please help me resolve this issue. Joe You can query SUM(duration) column in the trace file...I mean he/she was running the queries Also take a look at DDL Trigger for log on event http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/sql-server-2005/logon-triggers/ "Joe K." <JoeK@discussions.microsoft.co...

RMS 1.3 #3
i read in discussion board that RMS 1.3 will only work with windows 2003 and XP. Is it just for the work stations or our server has to be also 2003 and higher also. ...

Append from 1 table to 2 tables
I have a reservation application that I have obtained reservation data from an email message (daqta from which is entered into the tblWorking table). The email shows travel information either one-way or round trip. One way is referenced by the literal "PRC-PHX". Round trip is referenced by the literal "PRC-PHX-PRC". Depending on the O/W or R/T direction(s), I insert the number one (1) for O/W or the number two (2) for R/T. The form used by the application has a main form (Reservations table) and an embedded subform (ReservationDetails table). The main form h...

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

User Security
We are a highly regulated business and need to make sure we have user access locked down tightly. I am using GP 8 and would like to start users with no rights and add rights (some users will have very limited access), rather then start with GP security which I need to remove rights from areas they should not be in. What is the minimum security access i need to grant? I have tried to set up security based on Article ID 858718, but get the error message "You don't have security privlleges to open this window. Contact your system administrator for assistance." After getting a...

Address Book #6
I had to reinstall Outlook on one of my users desktops. I setup Outlook and everything is working fine. But when she goes to send an email she can only view the Global List, not her contacts. So I went into Contact Properties - Outlook Address Book - and went to check "Show this folder as an e-mail address book" and I can't. That box is grayed out and won't allow me to. I'm stumped. Any ideas? It's Outlook 2003, SBS2003, Exchange2003. Thanks Brian ...

Multiple email address per user
I have a single Exchange server that is supporting two domain names. Some of the users have an account in both domains (abc.com and xyz.com). What is the best practice to support this? I have added a second email address in Active directory for these users. However, in Outlook I don't see how they can choose which account to send from? Thanks, On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:08:02 -0700, Klear <Klear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a single Exchange server that is supporting two domain names. Some of >the users have an account in both domains (abc.com and xyz.com)....

I have users that only access our network using exchange 2003 OWA.
I am attempting to find out how to view the last logon for users that only use exchange 2003 OWA. The lastlogon attribute is not affected by logging into OWA. Our Policy is to disable users if they have not logged on for more than 60 days. These users are logging in to OWA and collecting their mail, but the useraccountcontrol attribute in AD is not affected. Where is that logon validated? what about in the esm at the mailbox level? "Gunner" <Gunner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07342421-68FA-44F1-83EA-DA5750E60DB8@microsoft.com... >I am attempt...

Akuzuki 1 1/2" Galvanized Hardwood Flooring Staples (5,000)
Price:$28.95 Image: http://discountadvisors.info/image.php?id=B001N1K28K Best deal: http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B001N1K28K Compatible with Bostitch MIIIFS; True Value 407619, Akuzuki. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Akuzuki Top Quality Pneumatic Hardwood Floor Flooring Air Cleat Nailers:http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B000Q38KOO ...

MS RMS in Fast food users
Hi, I’m thinking in implement MS RMS in a Store Chain of fast food (Hamburgers, sodas, fried potatoes, etc,) but I’m watching problems with the inventory management for example how do you control the tomatoes if every hamburger uses 2 slices or the lettuce leaves if you don’t know the number of each lettuce?. Someone can tell me how to resolve these problems? You can create your items by using the "assembly" option for new items. This will allow you to create one item which is based on other products. Let me know how it goes. "Dpalma" wrote: > Hi, I’m thinking...

Disabling the ALL incoming Address....
First think I would like to say is Mark thank you for the help on the last question... You ROCK!!!! Ok here is the next question. How do you disable in exchange 2003 email option that accepts all emails know matter who there addressed to. Ex. asdfrd@domain.com ---- and I only have Scott and Mike setup for email at domain.com I am hopping that this helps my problem. When I look at my queue I have hundreds of emails trying to go out and I know that there comming from an internal virus that I am tying to get ride of... With no success. Once again, Thanks for your knowledge in adva...

name of web service address
"glenn nehh" <glenn nehh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4ECA33FA-757C-4372-8032-97B2F976E887@microsoft.com... > I shall name it... Bob. In all seriousness, huh? -- f.h. ...

CRM 1.2 compatibility with 'MAUS' business and accounting software
Is Maus compatible with CRM 1.2? Does anyone know? ...

In Excel, how can I let 1 * a = a?
Hi everyone, Say I have two cells, one has a value (0 or 1), and the second has a text abrevation such as a or b,....etc. A B 1 ab 0 ca 1 dd 1 ww When I type A1*B1, for example, I get #VALUE! stuff!! How can let it come out like this? ab 0 dd ww Regards, Mike =IF(A1, B1, A1) should do it or more explicitly =IF(A1=1, B1, 0) -- Regards Juan Pablo Gonz�lez "Michael" <mas_it_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:118f1485.0410080733.a6cd276@posting.google.com... > Hi everyone, > > Say I have two cells, one has...

Office Setup for 1 user
I have 3 users on my computer. I am using Vista Business and office 2007. 2 of the three users use office 2003. My question is this. Is it possible to install 2003 for the other 2 users and 2007 just for me. I know some programs allow yoou to install per user but don't know if it is possible with office. You need to read the terms of the end user license agreement (EULA) that came with your software. Even versions of Office have different terms. If you can't find it, you may be able to look it up here: Find End User License Terms for Microsoft Software Licens...

Assigning records to a user without a role
Hello people, This might have been mentioned before, but just to make sure hereby the following suggestion for a next release of CRM 4: When you assign a single record to a user that has no roles, you get a correct error message saying this. When you assing more than one record at the same time to this same user, you get a message simply saying that an error has occured and that one or more records have not been transferred, with no extra eplanation. This error message could be much better (just spend 10 minutes figuring out what this might have been - the error message for one messag...

Merge / Collate Workbooks into 1 workbook
Grateful for help with this urgent problem, which requires automation: I've got 50 workbooks Each workbook is named after an Area Each workbook contains: Cell A1, Column Header 'Area' Cell B1, Column Header 'Zip Code' A2 to unknown number of rows contains the Area Name B2 to unknown number of rows contains different zip codes relating t that area I want to merge/collate all this data into one workbook. Please se example below: AREA ZIP COD Dallas 11111 Dallas 11111 Dallas 11111 Dallas 11111 NYC 22222 NYC 22222 NYC 22222 Chi...

Limit a field to 3 digits 1 capital letter 1nd 2 numbers
Hi I want to use Data Validation to restric user for data entries I need that the user use this format in column B: 1 letter in capital and 2 numbers like A02 or S31 or T11 or M45 ..... I have try many custom formula without success I would also would like that within a range in column B that it would be without duplicate Thanks for helping hi Jean, =AND(LEN(A1)=3,NOT(ISNUMBER(--MID(A1,1,1))),ISNUMBER(--MID(A1,2,1)),ISNUMBER(--MID(A1,3,1)),EXACT(MID(A1,1,1),PROPER(MID(A1,1,1)))) -- isabelle Le 2011-12-13 10:50, jean a �crit : > Hi > > I want to use Data Validation to res...

Numbering paragraphs
Office 2007 - Word I want to have my document organized with numbered topics. 1 first 1.1 yyyyy 1.2 zzzz 2 second 2.1 aaaa 2.2 bbbb 2.2.1 more I am using the standard styles for my heading style (Heading 1, Heading 2....) Modify the style (Heading 1, for example), "Define New Number format" using the number style 1, 2, 3, ... then setting the Number format to 1.. This works fine for the first level. Now modifying Heading 2 with Number stype 1, 2, 3, ... and setting the format to 1.1 I getting the following: 1 heading 1 1.1 xxx 1.2 xxxx 2 Heading 2 1.1 ...

=?iso-8859-1?Q?d=E9pannage?=
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C4D495.529BBBD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable depuis quelques temps, je n'arrive plus =E0 transmettre de pi=E9ces = jointes =E0 l'appui de mes messages, transmission tr=E9s longue help merci ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C4D495.529BBBD0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> &l...

All User's Can View Other User's Emails
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003A_01C43DB6.705CF920 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Exchange 2000 Mostly Outlook XP Clients File - Open - Other User's Folders works for any user, including the = mine (admin). I thought I had all permissions set up right but = apparently not. Can someone please tell me where and what to look at to = prevent this without the user specifically delegating the permissions? Thank You --=20 Jason Silva IT Manager BS-IT Student - UOP ------=_NextPart_0...

1 + 1 = 0
I have a spreadsheet with multiple worksheets. Throughout the spreadsheet I have sum formulas referencing cells within a worksheet and from other worksheets. All of a sudden, some of the sum formulas are returning 0 values when there are numbers that are being added (an no negative numbers). I can't find any pattern to which ones work and which don't. I can say that: They are all curency formated cells. It doesn't matter is I do a formula like =A1+A2 or =SUM (A1:A2) The columns summed that are returning 0s are not referencing cells from other worksheets, but some of the c...

Setting and Checking Timezones for all users
How can the administrator check and/or set timezones in CRM 3.0 for all users without logging in as them? Also, how do I set it globally so when new users are set up it puts them in correctly? Thanks in advance for your help. -- Thanks, Brian ...