0x800CCC90 error message Outlook 2003

"Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail
server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this
message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider
(ISP).   Server responded: -ERR problem retrieving message.

Moved from Outlook 2000 to Outlook  2003 with the purchase of a new computer
and trying to set up the email accounts for myself and my wife with our ISP.
Set up my wife's account, and she's able to send and receive no problem.

I used the exact same setup routine on my account, and ran into "receive"
problems with the above error (I'm able to send emails, just not receive)
Read somewhere else last night that it could be a problem with the ISP not
being able to send & receive emails for 2 email addresses on the same
account...not sure how accurate that is though (especially when they provide
10 free email accounts).  Anyone know how to fix this problem?  Just very
strange that my wife's account got setup problem free, and using the same
procedure, mine does not work.
0
DonGeorge (1)

Don George <DonGeorge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> "Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail
> server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this
> message, contact your server administrator or Internet service
> provider (ISP).   Server responded: -ERR problem retrieving message.
>
> Moved from Outlook 2000 to Outlook  2003 with the purchase of a new
> computer and trying to set up the email accounts for myself and my
> wife with our ISP. Set up my wife's account, and she's able to send
> and receive no problem.
>
> I used the exact same setup routine on my account, and ran into
> "receive" problems with the above error (I'm able to send emails,
> just not receive) Read somewhere else last night that it could be a
> problem with the ISP not being able to send & receive emails for 2
> email addresses on the same account..

This shouldn't be an issue.  Enable diagnostic logging and see what's
happening when OUtlook talks to the server.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831053/en-us
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Broken Error (No On Error Functionality)
In MS Excel Subs, I cannot turn off error dialogs using 'On Error Resume Next' or 'On Error Goto label' etc. It was not always thus. Once, I happily used utility subs that with 'On Error Resume Next' lines, many from John Walkenbach's book. Then, suddenly, these macros suddenly rebelled, halting execution at the first error, and displaying the "index out of range error dialog window"...the one that lets you click a debug button to go to the code in the VBE. I have rewritten all macros to avoid any sort of error handling. But, it sure would be nice to han...

Problem prefixing lines with >in original message
Using Outlook 2007, Vista Home Premium SP2, HP DV6500 Notebook When I select Go>News, Windows Mail is now used where previoius versions = of Windows have used Outlook Express.=20 When replying to newsgroup messages using freenews.netfront.net or = news.aioe.org, the repeated original message lines are not prefixed with = the > symbol, despite options being set to do this. When using Microsoft = Communities, the prefix is added. This seems to be a problem that has = started recently despite my not having knowingly changed any settings. Any help appreciated. Thanks Dave S. ...

Cannot connect outlook 2007 to exchange 2003 via LAN #2
Hello there, I got a new laptop for work running Vista and outlook 2007 and no matter how many times I tried setting it up to connect to the exchange server 2003, I always get the message that outlook is not connected and it needs to be connected to complete this action.... I used to have a laptop running XP and outlook 2003 and it worked fine with the same mailbox settings. Any ideas please? ...

Headers for internal messages
I've been asked to find a way to display message headers in Outlook for our local Exchange communications, IE employee to employee message. I'm aware that you can go into Outlook and view a message's full header under Message Options, but this only works for internet based messages. We'd really like to be able to see the originating client IP address for our Exchange messages in that Options box. Is something like that possible for Exchange? I've seen it with other systems. Thanks! TxKevo wrote: > I've been asked to find a way to display message headers i...

NEED HELP
I have recently tried to open my outlook.pst file which I have copied from my old Windows 98 pc running MS Office 2000 to my new pc (Windows XP Pro) running the same office software appliction and I'm not able to access anything. My pc runs at full cpu usage and I eventually get a message to run the inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) which I have performed a couple of times. Scanpst crashes and I get a message requesting that additonal properties need to be defined. Can someone please explain what these additional properties are and how/where to define them. Is your .pst file on a C...

MSN Messages
I recently paid a bill in Money with MSN bill pay. It had the wrong account number and got returned to MSN. There was a message left on MSN Money that it got returned. I do all of my stuff in Money and do not regularly logon to MSN Money. Is there a way to get those messages in Money? ...

Activating Outlook 2007
I recently purchased a laptop and also Microsoft Office Basic, which was to include Word, Excel, and Outlook. I set up my husband as a user and myself as a user on the laptop. I activated the Outlook on his user screen and everything went fine. I then tried to activate it on my user screen and it said that it was already activated and I could not activate it again. I then looked on the CD and the program Outlook had a red x over it and it would not install. I have two questions. 1. Shouldn't I be able to use the outlook on both user screens because it is still only one computer, and...

SecuRemote and Outlook 2003
Hello all together, I have problems with getting my emails over Outlook 2003 outside of our companies network. We are using SecuRemote VPN-1 from Check-Point (www.checkpoint.com). My colleguas are making their email traffics with outlook xp or outlook 2000 and they have no problems like me. We learned that it is no problem of our SecuRemote-access. It must be a problem with Outlook 2003 and I am not going to install Outlook XP because we didn't buy Office 2003 in order to use the old office because it is incompatible with our network surrounding. Is there anybody that is able to give m...

Can't Add Outlook Com Add-In
Hi, We have created a com add-in that works fine for all of our users..apart from one!. He is running Windows XP SP1, and OL2000 SP3 the same as the rest of us. The DLL file for the Add-In resides on his hard drive as it does for everyone else, when he goes to add the com Add-In by using Tools/Options/Other/Advanced Options/Com Add-Ins/Add, then browses to the the dll ok. Then you select the dll and click "ok" and nothing happens, no error, it doesn't add the add-in, the field remains blank. Anyone seen anything like this?, scratching my head over this one as it works perfect...

CList<type, type*> error
I feel like I have encountered this before, but it's been so long since I have had to use MFC that I forget the solution. I want to use a CList to store some objects, I have defined the CLIst like this: class CMyClass; // some class that has a copy ctor and assigment operator CList<CMyClass, CMyClass*> m_myList; This is giving me this error: error C2664: 'POSITION CList<TYPE,ARG_TYPE>::AddTail(ARG_TYPE)' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'CMyClass' to CMyClass*' with [ TYPE=CMyClass, ARG_TYPE=CMyClass* ]...

error message "Some chart types cannot be combined with other char
I am getting this error message "Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart type" with the same selection sometimes it goes smoothly, and sometimes i get this message, and i am only trying to do a very basic column shart with the names of the counties and the number of accidents for 5 years for each county what am i doing wrong? Hi, I have not heard of that warning happening sporadically. It only happens when you try to combine charts that will not mix. When you say it sometimes works is that when trying the same mixture on the same ...

Database offline error when database is local
Hi. Whenever I lose my wireless connection it says i have lost connection to the database and actually closes down the POS. Here is the kicker. My database is local and I have confirmed this. What could be causing this ? I am using RMS 2.0. It was my understanding I was only to receive this message if my database is stored in a remote location. With that said even if this message was legit, why is closing down the point of sale? Shouldn't it just make me aware that i am working in 'offline mode' and continue placing transactions. Hi Sam When you configure the connection in Stor...

Help Needed To Determine Cause of Warning in Outlook 2003:
Hello, Please be patient with me as I'm not the most computer literate person in the world... LOL! My issue is that I recently obtained a 'digital certificate' from a company called Versign, so I could communicate with a co-worker of mine who needs to send over REI contracts via encryption. Once the two of us purchased our digital ids from VerSign and went through the necessary steps to swap signed emails, now when ever I send my co-worker an email encrypted, when they open it, the receive some type of warning which indicates the email has been tampered. We have attempted to see...

NewBie, how to trap: SQLAllocHandle Error
I have a MFC VC7.1++ program using VS2003, and also using the MSDE2000 for some reason my import is now failing and I cannot figure out why, before today this first statement use to successfully process. The return value of retcode now is 0, it use to be retcode = 1 I have looked up the documentation and see confusing information at least to me as to what an acceptable retcode should be, I even read of a macro SQL_SUCEEDED which will accept both 1 and 0, but when I use this then it just steps thorugh me code with no error, yet does NOT import the data into the table I wish. SQLH...

Outlook send/Recieve error.
Hi I am facing a problem with my exchange 2003 server.My clients have Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 on thier desktops.I recieve an error message while downloading the Address book from Outlook 2003.when a user presses Send/Recieve on his outlook 2003 ,it gives a message as 'The Operation Failed,Microsoft Exchange Server is not avalible. Error:0x8004010f However users can send and recieve mails,Only when they click Send/Recieve this error is coming. This is a new installed exchange 2003 Server with servcie Pack 2 on WINDOWS 2003 Operating System. 2.I have not set any mailbox limi...

Error saving Design changes
After adding any change to a form and then clicking to save the following happens: Msg: Do you want to save changes to the design of form "Parts"? Respond by clicking "Yes" Msg: Microsoft Access has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. Respond by clicking "Close Button" Next time you start Access 2003 a message appears wanting you to save your application. AppName_Backup After clicking Cancel or Save Access will start OK ...

Creating word doc from Outlook
Hi, With my olf Office 2000 I could find someone in my contacts, got to the Actions menu and select (something like) New Word doc. A Word doc would then open with that name and address in place. I can't seem to find a way to do that in 2007. What am I missing? Many thanks for any assistance. -- Best, JB "jb99" <jb99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:210E56ED-07F7-47EB-A5E6-89E35CA8FEFD@microsoft.com... > Hi, > With my olf Office 2000 I could find someone in my contacts, got to the > Actions menu and select (something like) New W...

MSDE 2000 vs SQL Express (Outlook Client)
I don't wish to use MSDE 2000 as I already run SQL 2005 Developer Edition and MS Express. How can I get it so that I don't have to have yet another database installed on my system? John MSDE 2000 is the only supported version for v3 of the CRM Outlook client. You cannot use an existing SQL 2005 installation. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "ntbuddy" <jmarx@srobo.com> wrote in message news:1144015298.238241.222300@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... >I don't wish to use MSDE 2000 as I already ...

outlook error #29
When I use to open outlook , the preview for mails is ok but when i double klick on it it gives a error OUTLOOK executed an invalid instruction in module <unknown> at 0000:00ff546e. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=017f EIP=00ff546e EFLGS=00010297 EBX=00ff5224 SS=0187 ESP=0056f1e0 EBP=0056f21c ECX=00ff5224 DS=0187 ESI=0056f210 FS=3c8f EDX=00000000 ES=0187 EDI=00ff546c GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 8e 30 00 00 00 00 ac 52 ff 00 33 0a 00 00 20 00 Stack dump: 00ff546c 00ff52c8 00ff5224 04001097 00ff546c 00078302 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000020 00000001 00000000 00000...

Error when saving data
On any window where I've saved data I get pop-up window that says, "Microsoft Dynamics CRM has encountered an error." I am using Outlook 2007 with the CRM 4 add-in. If I click to view the error information, I get another window with this information about the error. <ScriptErrorDetails> <Message>Library not registered. </Message> <Line>40</Line> <URL>/activities/serviceappointment/edit.aspx?pId={C023E98B-002B-DE11-A601-0019B977CDFD}&pType=112&pName=GP%20reports%20won%27t%20print&partyid={7C572B45-17AF-DC11-AC79-0003FF02A2...

Outlook 2002 & SMTP error
Hi, I've just installed Outlook 2002 to use instead of OE. However since doing so I've got an SMTP problem, in that no matter what I do I cannot remove the 127.0.0.1 address from the SMTP section of the options. After the install, OE is now showing the same error. I can't send messages without having to change the SMTP setting each time. Seems that Norton 2002 is somehow assisting with this error, but all the Norton fixes are pointing to POP3 errors, not SMTP. Any suggestions?? Peter ;-) ...

Sql Agent Error
After installing CRM we are receiving the following error. "An error occurred when attempting to set the SQLSERVERAGENT service to AutoStart: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The specified service does not exist as an installed service at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Utility.ServiceUtility.SetServiceToAutoStart(String serviceName, String machineName) at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ServiceRunningValidator.AutoStartLocalService(String serviceName, TimeSpan waitTimeForStart) We have CRM on a SBS 2003 machine and SQL EE 2000 on a W2K3 machine. Both are DCs the SBS holds all FS...

Plam
I synchronise my Palm with MS Oulook 2002 (Windows XP) several times a day. For my calendar, I have set the sync on 'synchronise files'. It used to work fine until about a month ago (when I have installed the last Windows SP?). Now, instead of synchronizing, it simply adds up all the events. I end up having 50 events on the same day and same time (because I have done 50 synhronisations) ! Any solution or advice...?Thanks. ...

"Spam" in Subject line of Outlook Messages
I turned off the Spam filter functionality in Outlook 2003, but I keep getting [SPAM] in the subject line of all emails that I send out. I know this because I always BCC myself. Any idea how to solve this? it's added by a 3rd party spam filter, often one running on either your mail server or the senders mail server, but can also be added by a 3rd party client side filter. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) O...

Change system message
When you have a combo box where you must choose something from a list and the list to list property is set to Yes the message that comes up is "The text you entered isn't an item in the list. Select an item from the list, or enter text that matches one of the listed items" I would like to personalize that message based on the control (this so I can change the message depending on the control - different control different message). Is there a way to do this? Thanks. Sarah, use something like this in the NotInList event for the combobox: Private Sub Combo10_NotInList(Ne...