0x80042108 Error Receiving & Sending through Outlook

We keep on getting error on sending and receiving emails though Outlook
2002.

This is what I did so far to try to fix the problem:

1.  Reinstall Windows XP and Office XP SBE
2.  Update to the latest Windows service paks
3.  Update to the latest Office service paks
4.  Remove and re-configure profiles

Still to no avail.

The exact error message is:

Task 'pop3.sampledomain.com' - Sending and Receiving error (0x80042108)
Outllok is unable to connect to your incoming POP3 email server.

Thank you very much in advance.

0
golteb (4)

Undelivered mail error
Hi, Some days ago I'm not receiving error messages when I send en e-mail to an incorrect/inexistent address. This only occurs on one PC with outlook 2003. On other PC�s in the same lan this works find, If I make an error on the destination address I receive an e-mail with the error. I think, this was for any option in Outlook I've changed, but I could not find this one. Any help or idea? Thanks in advance, Pere Info <info@idpa.com.es> wrote: > Some days ago I'm not receiving error messages when I send en e-mail > to an incorrect/inexistent address. This o...

0x80042108
I have started receiving this Error message in the last few days, on two separate POP accounts each one in a different session of Windows 2000 Professional on Outlook 2002. The problem started simultaneously with both, possibly coinciding with the latest Windows 2000 security update. I have tried un-checking Mail scan on Norton 2004, (incoming and outgoing) - no success. The KB article referred to in another thread seems to be unavailable. Any ideas? Thanks -- Robert ...

public task folders in outlook 2003
I am trying to use Outlook's tasks function to manage a small project that involves 5 staff memebers. I want to assign tasks to group members and have the task list available for viewing by the entire group. Seems simple and basic enough, but when I create a public folder and try to create/assign a task from that folder, the tasks always revert back to the personal task folder. They do not appear in the public folder created for this project. How do I create one folder that everyone in the group can share and access? On a related topic, I am not able to put a shared publ...

outlook send error #2
when I was at a client site at their network and opened outlook I noticed that I get an error message, Task 'philipleduc-e-mail - "Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'Unable to find the e-mail server. Please verify the server information in your account properties.'" so far nothing strangly if it were not that I do not have any e-mails visible in the out box. This error occurs only on my default mailbox (there is 6 or 7 of them) First idea do I have some kind of virus/trojan horse or whatever it is called that is sending mail on my behalf so I ran ad-awar...

Meeting Requests between Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2000 clients
We are running Exchange 2000 and have started deploying Outlook 2003 to some of our users. When one of those users sends out a new meeting request the attendees he sends it to that are also on Outlook 2003 get it just find and can accept or decline normally. The attendees he sends it to that are on Outlook 2000 get it as a regular email (not a meeting request) and the body of email looks like the html source code of a website. What could be causing this? Try resending the meeting requests without reminders set on them, and see if that makes a difference. There was a known issue with sen...

#Num error
Is there any way to get #NUM! error to be hidden? The formula works great but for every instant returned that does not have a value iit shows this error. Formula used: =INDEX($B$1:$B$30,SMALL(IF($A$1:$A$30=$C$1,ROW($A$1:$A$30)),ROW(A1))) then ctl shift enter Names in Column A Companies in Column B Name to look up C1 You do it this way: =if(iserror(yourformula),0,yourformula) In Excel 2007, you can use the IFError function. Regards, Fred. "dadof4girls" <dadof4girls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B839F651-E579-49A7-9DC2-E7DD9102C12...

2007 DPM Catalog Build Errors
I have a current case open with MS (Currently going nowhere) where I am getting Catalog Build Errors on almost every tape job. As a test, I did a dpmbackup -dpm and I saw that the backup file did appear in the "Program files\DPM\Volumes\ShadowCopy\Database Backups" directory, but quickly disappeared. This appears to be what is happening with the catalog temp files. Has anyone seen or heard of this? I have given full control permissions to every imaginable account to all of the directories on the server. I also do not have any antivirus running on this server. ...

Stored Procedure Fill_Temp_Table, Pass Through SQL error
When trying to run the copy or correct feature in the Transaction Entry window (Transactions - Financial - General) on three of the four server instances when copy or correct is pressed, the program stops responding and locks up, on the fourth server (seperate SQL database from the other three) when the copy or correct button is pressed I get the error message "The stored procedure Fill_Temp_Table, Pass through SQL returned the following results DBMS: 12, Great Plains 0. I can press ok and will still get the results. I need to find out how to determine if the same error is happe...

Redirecting Email: Outlook 2000
Is there a way to redirect emails in Outlook 2000 (i.e. forward a message you have received but in such a way that when the email arrives to your intended recipient, the sender is viewed as the original person who emailed the message to you)? I know that this function exists in Eudora. Thanks in advance for your help. ...

Offline address book errors
We are running 1 Exchange 2003 SP1 on a 2003 server in 2003 AD domain. Clients running Outlook 2003. Only users set up in cached mode receive an error 0x8004010F when trying to sync and download the offline address book. When you check server logs it shows the following when trying to rebuild OAB during the nightly schedule. This also applies to manual rebuild. The MAPI call 'MAPILogonEx' failed with the following error: The MAPI call failed. MAPI or an unspecified service provider. ID no: 80004005-0000-00000000 I tried creating a new offline address book as well as a manual r...

error #4
no se me instala el excel, ser� la versi�n antigua que no me deja? ...

CRM 4 run time error 5941 using labels template
I am trying to do a mail merge of several hundred labels. We have our own template. If we select the letters option for the merge it works but doesn't provide us with multiple labels across one line. If we select the labels option in CRM, when we go to build the list the get the 5941 error with the additional comment "The requested member of the collection does not exist." Any suggestions? -- Petej-Boston ...

I'm getting the below error message
Account: 'pop.secureserver.net', Server: 'pop.secureserver.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR authorization first', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Any suggestions on how to fix? Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not = enabled. =20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "ehale117" <ehale117@discussions...

obres:1 error
I attempted to repair my money file by removing all bills (often referred to as nuke bills) and received an error message that Money had difficulty either reading or writing my money file. When I click send error message I received a response that obres:1 was not in the knowledge base. I next did a full file repair (which found no errors) and the new file generates the same pattern. Any suggestions appreciated. I know that my bills have had many versions. Many of them have existed for 8 years. Art In microsoft.public.money, Art McClinton wrote: >I attempted to repair my money...

sending and receiving' reported error (0x80040600)
sending and receiving' reported error (0x80040600) getting this error when polling e-mail from exchange server and other sources. also cant move or delete items in my inbox That error means that the message store is corrupt. What version of Outlook do you have? When connecting to Exchange, are you in online or offline mode? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "kevin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06c701c3bf7f$27de55a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > sen...

Error connecting to db
Hi, I have searched for the below error in this news group, but couldn't find anything. ----------------------------------- Connect to Database ----------------------------------- Error #-2147024769 Method '~' of object '~' failed (Source: ADODB.Connection) ----------------------------------- OK ----------------------------------- The PC used to run RMS, but after a virus was removed. This error keeps poping up when Testing the connection from the Administrator. I attempted to check if it will connect at all to the server and db by creating a Data Source, then usi...

Field Name Error Msg
I've got a workbook with many sheets. One sheet has pivot tables on it and one other has charts, charting data pulled from the pivot tables. When I open the workbook I get three errors, one after the other, which say: The PivotTable field name is not valid. To create a PivotTable report, you must use data that is organized as a list with labeled columns. If you are changing the name of a PivotTable field, you must type a new name for the field. That's all well and good but I'm not the only one who uses this workbook and I don't know where these errors are coming f...

How to prevent the error 2105?
Hi I need to know how to prevent the error 2105. I have two fields and if i don't fill any of those fields and move to another recored I get the error 2105. Can you please tell me all the methos to prevent this error? Thanks It is not clear what you want to achieve here. You have 2 fields that have the Required property set to Yes? Consequently, if you start entering a record and do not enter something for both fields, Access won't let you save the record, so you can't move to another record? That would make sense. What do you expect it to do? Allow you to move without any...

IMF & Outlook XP
Is there a way to turn on the "Filter Junk E-Mail" setting without using OWA (or Outlook 2003) for all/some mailboxes. There is a "Junk e-mail filtering" setting in the Outlook 2002 Group Poplicy template, does this serve the same function? ...

svchost.exe error #2
When sending email in Outlook 2002 I receive the following message: svchost.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. If I reboot the email will go until the next time I generate and email. Any suggestions!!! Thanks, Candace ...

DPM Error on end-user recovery permissions
Hello. I currently have a server with DPM 2010 RC, version 3.0.7558.0 running and every 12 hours I'm getting the following error: Failed to update permissions used for end-user recovery on <servername>. Permissions update failed for the following reason: (ID 3123) Unable to update shares or share permissions. (ID 3050) I've seen that turning off end-user recovery will clear this warning, however, I've been told that I need to keep it on. Can someone point me in the right direction to see why this is happening? Event viewer's DPM alerts has the follo...

remove to-do list in outlook 2007
Is there a way to remove the to-do list in tasks? everytime i open outlook i have to click on tasks to see my tasks, in 2003 outlook remembers my last selection but not in 2007 No, there isn't an option to do that, but as it happens I've just = written a little VBA code that might help. Do you want to try it out? = See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/vbabasics.htm if you're new to VBA.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Ad...

Exchange error 1000
Hi, We are receiving the following message in the application log of our single site exchange 2003 server (sp2). There doesn't seem to be any problems with the services and exchange is functioning correctly but we would like to know what they are, and how to clear them. Has anyone seen these alerts before? Event Type: Error Event Source: Application Error Event Category: (100) Event ID: 1000 Date: 21/03/2007 Time: 09:16:54 User: N/A Computer: **** Description: Faulting application w3wp.exe, version 6.0.3790.1830, faulting module davex.dll, version 6.5.7651.61, fault address 0x0...

windows mail...error message and I can't send mail.
I get the same error message, but not all the time. Randomly I will not be able to read or send mail. I copied but there is no provision to past it here...so annoying. Unknown error...server, etc... Same error message as what? If you can type in a window, you can paste text into it. Are you trying to paste an image? That won't work. Next time you get a Windows Mail error message, right-click on that error message, click Copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't=20 do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MV...

javascript errors
I am getting some javascript errors on the CRM 4 web interfaces: Line: 28 Char: 1 Error: Access is denied. Code: 0 url: <my crm url>/<my organization>/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=4 When this error occurs, I am no longer able to launch new windows in the CRM user interface, which pretty much breaks the user experience. This happens quite frequently, and might be related to me using both the web user interface and the outlook user interfaces at the same time. Thanks, Shan McArthur - VP, Technology ADXSTUDIO Inc. | 200 - 1445 Park Street | Regina, SK Canada | S4N 4C5 Tel: 306...