.rtf and .pdf attachments on one pc

I have a user using outlook2000 with every service pack
and patch known to man that will not open 2 attachments.
The attachments are coming from an automatically
generated email from an AS400 system. This user receives
lots of other reports like this and has no problem
opening them OTHER users get these same reports and open
the attachments with no problem. when the user tries to
open the attachment, it opens the system32 folder under
the windows folder and that is all. I haven't a clue as
to what to do about this problem.

0
gmh (2)

Saving an entire workbook as a PDF using VBSCript
Hello all! I'm using a VBScript file which I've added to Server 2003 scheduler to automatically open up Excel, load it with a workbook which is in turn populated with data, print it out, dynamically come up with a filename which is figured off of the current date and time which is then appended to the original filename of the workbook, save it in HTML format, then close itself. Works like a charm. I've decided I don't want to save the file in HTML format but would instead like to save it in PDF. The reason being is HTML files can modified by any with a text editor. ...

PDF file #2

drawing RTF or HTML
Hi all Is there a soulution for drawing a rich text (either HTML or RTF) in the CView::OnDraw() method? Something like pDC->DrawRichText(sometext); I am looking for some clean solution, not placing RichText control on the CView's window and tricks like that. Thanks Vaclav ...

send as attachment-an active workbook through File menu of Excel using OE6
I am trying to send an active workbook thru File> Send to > Sen a attachment , but this option -*send recepient (as attachment )* is no active. The other option of send recepient is active but it sends th active sheet as email matter. I referred the excel help and ensured the required DLL files ar present in Windows/Systems folder. I use Excel 2000 , OE 6 in Windows XP Could anyone help me out Aje -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Ajey Check out this first http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Problems -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl &q...

Moving a page from one publication to another
I am using Publisher 2003. I have a page I wish to copy from one publisher file to another one. Merge might be the term. I have tried copying & pasting, but I can't seem to work with the new page like one I created. It acts like a picture. The page is quite complicated and would take a very long time to recreate it again in my new publication. An added complication is the page I wish to transfer to my new publication was on a CD & I have since 'saved' it to my hard drive. Does this make a difference? What to do? Thanks in advance for your invaluable help, Cora...

zoom on RTF text
Hi all, I am currently developing a windowless textbox object using ITextServices. Everything went very well until performed zoom on text. In my code the RTF text is rendered using TxDraw, which calculates zoom factor as this: zoom factor = (pixel height of client rect)*2540/[Himetric vertical extent]*[pixel per vertical inch]. But the result wasn't really that good, the scaled text often went out of box, and word wrap wasn't consistent specially when it scaled below 60%(above 100% much better). Does anybody know what problems caused it? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks. jm H...

microsoft outlook send attachment as
Hi- I'm trying to send an attachment to a file. Instead of sending it as an attachment to the file, I want to send the file as a link (location)...so, the result: the reader would be able to click the link on the e-mail, the attachment would open up. I work in an office that has a shared drive...so, the e-mail that I'm sending I want the link to show the sharedrive file link. How does one go about doing this? Thanks, Hen version of outlook? using rtf format, browse to the file and choose insert, link -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24...

PDF Form Field Values
Is there a way using vba to simply extract the user input values from a PDF form so they can be 'Uploaded' into a database? Thank you, QB I don't know about the PDF per se, but you can certainly do this in Word. http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Extract_Form_Data.htm If you have MANY PDF files that you need to do this for, look into converting them Word docs: http://www.pdftoword.com/ Then follow the steps in the first link I posted. -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "QB" wrote: ...

Word 2003 to PDF conversion problem
Word 2003, Acrobat 7, 8, and 9 Paragraph in Word: "After you select the user account that will host the gold image desktop virtual machine as discussed in <cross-ref>Creating User Accounts</cross-ref>, log in as that user. Next, use the win4-install-win5, win4-install-win7, or the win4-install-linux command to install a Windows 2000/XP, Windows 7, or Linux virtual machine, respectively, as discussed in this section." Same paragraph in PDF: "After you select the user account that will host the gold image desktop virtual machine as discussed in...

Using one command button to open one of two forms
Thank you, Marsh. Sorry about the delay in getting back. This code works but there is still one small problem. When there is more than one record in the subform, I have to manually select the record that I want to use. For example, there are two records in the subform. One has a DISCIPLINE of "ATTENDANCE INFORMATION FORM" and the second has a DICSIPLINE of "VERBAL WARNING". I am using a Yes/No check box called REPRINT to identify which record I want to look at. When I click the REPRINT check box on the first record with "ATTENDANCE INFORMATION FORM...

RTF to HTML
Hi Everyone, Does anyone know of a good RTF to HTML conversion library. I need one that is somewhat customizable. I want one where it doesn't give me back an html file (that includes the header and body and all that). I need something that can change the RTF text that I get from a CRichEditCtrl to html so that I can embed it into an XML file. Thanks AliR. You probably already checked these out, but : http://blogs.vbcity.com/hotdog/archive/2005/12/30/5759.aspx http://www.logictran.net/products/r2net.html http://www.easybyte.com/products/rtf2html.html http://www.pointstar.com/Starpo...

what pdf software do you use to redact text?
There are a lot of software packages that will converted back and forth between Word and PDF documents - however, I need to know if anyone uses a good converter that will allow true redactions that cannot be seen in the PDF version as well as remove metadata from the output document. Thanks!! CH Do your redaction in Word. Output the document to a graphics format such as TIFF using SnagIt's 'printer' driver, then print the results to PDF using Acrobat to combine multiple pages. That should stay redacted :) -- <>>< ><<> ><<> ...

RTF Attachments
Can't open or save rtf attachments in Outlook XP. Get following Error: Can't create file: 'filename.rtf'. Right click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. OS is Windows XP Pro. The user has administrator rights. The same email attachment will work fine in Outlook Express. I have uninstalled Office XP and reinstalled but still no luck. Upgraded Office XP to SP2 - no luck. Other attachments open fine. Does anyone have any clues? ...

Problem with Publishing PDF
When I try to publish to PDF there is an error message that says Publisher can't save file. In addition when I try to email or send - I am having this same problem. If I cant get a fix for this it would be appreciated. Which version of Publisher are you using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Lisal" <Lisal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8BD1298-1296-4CEF-B6FA-B08F33888553@microsoft.com... > When I try to publish to PDF there is an error message that says Publisher > can't save file. In addition when I try to email or send ...

Dimensions difference between Publisher and PDF
When I convert a document from Publisher into PDF, using acrobat Distiller, there is always a slight shift between the original document and the PDF when I print it. For instance, if I have a 22 mm left margin in my Pubblisher document, I'll never get the same, printing the PDF. How can I configure Acrobat in order to respect the exact dimensions of the original document ? What is the difference in the measurement? Is the whole document shifted one way? Whose Postscript driver are you using to create the PS file? This is more likely a problem with the Postscript printer driver and/or...

PDF to Excel
I am trying to copy pages from a PDF document to my excel spreadsheet. am not aware of any objects or methods to call in order to accomplish m task.. Any VBA example code that shows how to read the PDF will help me. -- Raa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Raam's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2866 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48341 ...

Moving email from one computer to another 02-11-10
I am trying to move my old email (Windows Mail on Vista) to my new computer which is running Windows Live Mail on Windows 7. I've tried numerous ways to make this work by looking at previous posts but I'm having no luck. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. ...

Attaching a shortcut to an email
How can I attach a SHORTCUT to an Outlook message in Outlook 2002? I have tried creating the shortcut, and attacting it in the usual way, but it attaches the entire document, which causes two problems - firstly it takes up far more room in the mail store, and secondly, people update locally held copies of the document instead of using the shortcut to access a shared version of the document. Thanks Gill When you're in the Insert File dialog box, if you click on the file and then click the arrow next to the Insert button you should get an option to Insert as Hyperlink. Use that an...

My office XP 2002 will not allow me to attach files to emails Hel
I cannot get my Office XP to allow attachments to emails, how can I fix this? Frazzled Grad wrote: || I cannot get my Office XP to allow attachments to emails, how can I || fix this? How do you mean, does not "allow" attachments? Any error messages? What happens when you try? Have a look here: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk How do you ask a question on this site. All I have been able to do is reply to people's questions. Could you make a recommendation. When I click on "Ne...

Can Not Open Attachements
Hi All, I am using Outlook 2002 and when I receive a attachement that is a .exe file, Outlook blocks it and I can not open it. Is there a setting I can change that will allow this type of attachemets. I need this to be able to send probrams to and from my office. Jeff :) jswalters@twmi.rr.com Log in to OWA and download the attachment to your local system. Then you can view the attachment and resend if need be. "Jeff Walters" <jswalters@twmi.rr.com> wrote in message news:O1Ite.4555$pU.564@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com... > Hi All, > > I am using Outlook 2002 and ...

Incorrect Excel icon when attached to Email
When a user attaches a Excel document using Outlook the icon appears as a map. What is causing this? Thanks, Kim ...

Unable to open photo attachments in Outlook
I recently installed a second hard drive on my Dell computer that is using Windows XP. Ever since the installation, I cannot open any photo attachments I attach in Outlook, nor can the recipients. When I attempt to open them, I get the following error message: "Windows cannot find "C:\My Documents\My Pictures\Test Photo.JPG. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click search." On other photo files, it appears to claim that the source file location is is the Temporary Internet File folder, w...

how protect document from unauthorized copy without using pdf.
Some webpage have document protection without using pdf program. I will like to know if microsoft Word can do that or other application without using pdf. In Word you can password protect in Tools, Options. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Daniel Mercado" <Daniel Mercado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27758BB2-A093-455D-82A1-C93F9886C834@microsoft.com... > Some webpage have document protection without using pdf program. I will > like > to know if microsoft Word can do that or other application without using > pdf. Good to know; thanks. -- Do...

<subject>.txt attachement in all emails
outlook 2000, started receiveing attachments on all plain text messages received that are named the subject of the email.txt and contain the text of the message body. Messages sent in HTML and Rich Text format don't seem to get the attachment. Anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks. .. does it stop if you restart outlook? If so, it's a known issue and the fix is to restart outlook. We don't know the exact cause, only that low resources seem to be a cause. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows ...

Outlook stripping out attachments
We can send attachments using OWA but can not send any type of attachments through regular outlook. Outlook allows the attachment and sends it but the recipients do not get any attachments. Any help would be great Thanks. "lugsanr" <lugsanr@hotmail.com> wrote: >We can send attachments using OWA but can not send any type of attachments >through regular outlook. Outlook allows the attachment and sends it but the >recipients do not get any attachments. Try sending the message as "plain text" instead of "RTF". A message sent in RTF format ...