.pst #2

Hi,

I am not Techie, to know this. Could be a Simplest of a Query. Pls
Pardon.

Can i have my .pst taken from one Netwrok/Company and have that in my
new netwoek/compnay and access them?

Will that work?

--
prana

"prana" <prana.2b81eff@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> Can i have my .pst taken from one Netwrok/Company and have that in my
> new netwoek/compnay and access them?

Yes

> Will that work?

Yes again.

0
John
7/7/2008 10:23:32 PM
Only if you have outlook installed at your new Company, and that company
permitts you to add external data files

"prana" <prana.2b81eff@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> I am not Techie, to know this. Could be a Simplest of a Query. Pls
> Pardon.
>
> Can i have my .pst taken from one Netwrok/Company and have that in my
> new netwoek/compnay and access them?
>
> Will that work?
>

> --
> prana

0
DL
7/7/2008 11:02:22 PM
"DL" <address@invalid> wrote in message
> Only if you have outlook installed at your new Company, and that company
> permitts you to add external data files

And only if your old company has given you explicit permission to take your
pst file with you...

0
gbplinux (1141)

Unable to Read File #2
I cut and paste another part of the file to an existing excel file, When open the file again, the page is blank and a dialog box states: "Unable to open file". I saved my work every step of the way. I made a backup copy and have tried it several times. Each time the dialog box states : Unable to read file. What is the problem? Are you by any chance running XL97 or XL2K, and within the range that is being cut and pasted have any references to names that use formulas such as GET.WORKBOOK etc? I would have expected it to crash Excel if you do, but worth asking the qu...

import pst file #2
yet, another problem with importing a pst file: When I have chosen the file to import I get the message: 'Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use' But I cannot find anywhere to define it when importing??? I obviously made a definition naming the pst file when exporting it. But how do I import the file? How did you create this PST file? Was it ever on a CD? If so, remove its read only attribute. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "carsten" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0dad01c3c034$48890ec0$a001280a@phx.gbl....

Pie charts #2
I am trying to use the Pie of Pie chart to represent the data below. I want the pie chart on the left to show PS, Unspecified, ECP and a sum of AHD status. And the pie on the right will show the breakdown of the AHD status. How do I do this? Status Total ECP 2 PS 287 Unspecified 45 AHD Analysis Complete 18 AHD Analysis in Progress 461 AHD Closed 317 AHD Implemented 109 AHD Work Assigned to Resource 24 AHD Work Authorized 35 [This followup was posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting with an email copy t...

Risk and Decision Analysis @Risk, Evolver, Decisiontools, Roy Kelly FloorTrader Tools 8.3, AmiBroker 5.0, MultiCharts 2.1, NinjaTrader 6, OwnData 2.6, VantagePoint 7.0.11.2, other ...
Risk and Decision Analysis @Risk, Evolver, Decisiontools, Roy Kelly FloorTrader Tools 8.3, AmiBroker 5.0, MultiCharts 2.1, NinjaTrader 6, OwnData 2.6, VantagePoint 7.0.11.2, other ... please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , ola3 'AT' mailbox 'DOT' gr , ( please substitute 'AT' with '@' , and 'DOT' with '.' ) , ola@mail.gr, ola3@mailbox.gr, ======================================= RISK ANALYSIS with @RISK --- @RISK 4.5.7 for Excel, Compatible with Excel 2007, ( Standard, Porfessional, Industrial ) @RISK 4.5.6 Internat...

Domain upgrade #2
Hi, What do I need to upgrade first - the NT4 domain to 2003 - or - the Exchange server from 5.5 to 2003? Regards S Domain. On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 20:45:26 +0100, "SW" <SW@Not-Spam-Not.COM> wrote: >Hi, > >What do I need to upgrade first - the NT4 domain to 2003 - or - the Exchange >server from 5.5 to 2003? > >Regards >S > This depends, is your 5.5 server also your PDC ? I hope not, this might complicate things :P "Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote: > Domain. > > > > On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 20:45:26 +0100, "SW"...

Sync. question for .pst file.
If anyone can help, I would like to sync my .pst file from my office PC to my laptop. Now I am using the sync program in Windows 2K and I get the error that says this type of file is unable to be Synchronized. I have done this before, I know you can go into the Registry and change what types of files can and can't be Synchronized. Can anyone tell me where that setting is. It's been a while since I had to do this and I completely forgot. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. P.S. Running Win 2K and Office 2003. ...

I have 2 Access DB with linked tables
In DB 1 is frmTokenDelivery and in DB 2 are tblImageBuild and tblHardwareRequest. I link to the tables from DB1. The DBs belongs to two seperate departments. The two departments perform seperate operations that must be completed before hardware is delivered to the user or to another dept. for further action. My Need: I want to display a date in DB 2 on frmTokenDelivery in DB 1. Field in DB 2 is ProDate (i.e projected dated). Sorry for the long explaination. Any assistance will be highly appreciated! With regards, Sokan33 wrote: > In DB 1 is frmTokenDelivery and in DB 2 are tblIm...

How do I move current faulty pst to backup and set up a new pst?
Yesterday I had my laptop turn itself off, probably because of overheating. When I started it again Outlook can read but not write to the outlook.pst file. I've tried to run scanpst.exe but it freezes everything but the mouse about 6% in to the first step scan and I have to cold boot the laptop. I've tried copying outlook.pst to a different folder, a usb memory stick and via LAN to another pc but no luck, the copy locks up and never finishes. I have also run chkdsk several times and it recovered some misallocated sectors so something did go wrong with the file system. ...

Importing addresses #2
Hi may i know if it's possible to import my yahoo and hotmail addresses into my outlook 2007, thanks Assuming they are web access accounts you need to check them as to what options there are for exporting the addresses to file that OL can import "Amin" <Amin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBBDA469-5781-4393-82D0-6809779BFDC2@microsoft.com... > Hi may i know if it's possible to import my yahoo and hotmail addresses > into > my outlook 2007, thanks Amin <Amin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi may i know if it's possi...

view 2 worksheets simultaneously on 2 screens
In Excel 2007 - how do I view 2 worksheets from 2 workbooks simultaneously on 2 different screens connected to 1 PC ? I have 2 screens on my desk & want to compare info on 2 Worksheets at the same time. Worksheets are from different Workbooks. hi see this site..... http://www.cpearson.com/excel/MultipleMonitors.aspx regards FSt1 "davidopie@smcstainless.com.au" wrote: > In Excel 2007 - how do I view 2 worksheets from 2 workbooks simultaneously on > 2 different screens connected to 1 PC ? > I have 2 screens on my desk & want to compare info on 2 Worksheets at t...

Old pst file
I have an old pst file saved on cd that I need to get an email address from. I no longer am on an exchange server. Is there a utility for viewing emails in the pst file? Is there a utility that will import the pst file into Outlook Express without having full Outlook on my system? Currently Outlook Express keeps saying to configure the Outlook email client before import. Thanks in advance for any help. OE cannot use PST files. The messages you are getting are correct. Believe them. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Outlook Dummy" <ab@pickapics.com> wrote in message news:...

size of .pst file #2
I have attempted to find the answer to this question by searching this group, but to no avail.... Until recently I was running Outlook 2003 with a single pst file. However, given that it has reached 800MB, and since I wanted to split the storage of personal and work emails, I decided to create 2 additional pst files ('personal' and 'work'). I did just that, following which I moved the relevant folders from within my Inbox structure to the two personal folders. To my suprise the original .pst file did not change in size. I shut down, restarted. I also tried to compact it, which...

Dropdown box #2
I have two dropdown box in a worksheet which is lookup. How do I view the formula behind it? Hi Alan Highlight the cell, Data>Validation -- Regards Roger Govier "Alan T" <alanpltseNOSPAM@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:%233ewOu0oHHA.4696@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have two dropdown box in a worksheet which is lookup. > How do I view the formula behind it? > ...

backup Outlook.pst file if busy
Some users leave their Outlook up overnight & our backup can't pickup a busy outlook.pst file. Can I automatically close Outlook say at 11:00pm before our backups run? Thanks. Doug <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Some users leave their Outlook up overnight & our backup > can't pickup a busy outlook.pst file. Can I automatically > close Outlook say at 11:00pm before our backups run? Some remote-control programs allow this. -- Brian Tillman ...

Searching Help 2
I posted the following earlier but I guess that since it is a statement rather than a question no one replied. --When I tried to find info on "Pick from List" in Help by searching for the word "pick" I could not find any reference to it, although the topic can be found by further searching for say the word "repetitive"-- I would like to know the reason why the search facility in Help does not find "Pick" or indeed "Pick from List" especially when the latter is a command on the shortcut menu I don't know. But I've added th...

why outlook1.pst and outlook.pst?
Hello, A friend's PC using Outlook 2003 has 2 .pst files - Outlook.pst and Outlook1.pst in Documents and Settings\<his name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook.. One is about 1/10 the size of the other and one starts with upper case letter O and the other with lower case letter o. I cannot remember which way round. Why are there 2 .pst files? Cheers, Geoff Are both constantly updated? Maybe one is his archive PST file where old data gets moved during the AutoArchive process. If not maybe he created one by accident and it's just sitting there unused. "...

Outlook PST file empty.
I have 2 .pst files. When I view the file properties in Explorer/File Manager etc they show as 4MB and 40MB in size respectively. When I open them through Outlook (2000, 2002 on NT and XP) both files show as completely empty, and the file size as 0KB. I've run scanpst.exe, and it can't find any problems with the files. Has anyone got any ideas? See if any of the additional tips on the following page help: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the n...

pst
Hi I know PSTs over a LAN aren't supported, and are a crappy idea but they used to work fine with the Novell server used in exactly the same way. Since migrating it to windows server 2003 we;re getting problems with people being able to open them. They work for a bit and then stop. I'm assuming it's some network configuration that needs to be changed on the server. But does anyone have any idea what? Thanks Barry I am sure you have seen http://www.swinc.com/resources/exchange/faq_db.asp?status=questions&faqID=1000&faqname=Exchange%205.5&sectionID=1013&sect...

Trace common material in 2 sheets
I have sheet1 and sheet2 both sheets have same data but there are some new material # in sheet1. Problem is when apply Vlookup formula in sheet2 then quantities of new material numbers do not comes because these new materials numbers do not exist in sheet2. Is there any method? To trace new or diff. materials numbers those are exist in sheet1 Regards Zafar Not sure whether I have understood your query correctly. Try the below formula which will lookat Sheet1 and return whether the material # exists in Sheet1 or not...Reoplace the exist comment with your VLOOKUP...

Print Reconcilliation #2
Is it possible to print a reconcilliation when you are done with it? I could always do this in Quicken but can't see how to do it in Money. Money doesn't have a reconciliation report. This, and many workarounds and near workarounds have been discussed numerous times in the last month or so. (These things come in cycles--this is the cycle for reconciliation report, apparently.) Get more headers or search archives of this group at http://groups.google.com. "Thomas Schiessl" <Schiessl@athenet.net> wrote in message news:319901c37573$1a2d6fa0$a301280a@phx.gbl... &g...

Rounding Up #2
I have cells formatted to time, hh:mm. What I'd like to do is be able to round up the minutes part of this cell to the nearest 10 minutes. So, for example, if the cell has 01:12, this would change to 01:10. If it had 05:19, this would change to 05:20. Any ideas? =ROUND(A1*144,0)/144 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Neil Greenough" <scrivomc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:YQBgf.7153$Hm2.6264@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > I have cells formatted to time, hh:mm. > > What I'd like to do is be able to round up t...

PST file over 2GB and corrupted
Hello! When running the PST crop tool from MS to crop some data from an oversize PST file, from what portion of the file does it delete data? Start (old stuff?), middle, or end of file (new stuff?)? Gregg Hill There is no real way to determine what content will be cut. Take a backup, run the pst2gb utility and assess the result in Outlook. "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:OWiuSM90GHA.4452@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello! > > When running the PST crop tool from MS to crop some data from an oversize > PST file, from what portion of t...

Deleting Mail #2
This problem seems to be random over our network. We are running Windows Server 2000 with Outlook 2002. Some users are getting a notification that they have mail and when they check, there is nothing in their inbox. The new mail has automatically gone to the deleted items folder. It doesn't do it with all mail for that particular user or do all the users on the network experience this problem. There are no rules set up to do this. Has anyone else have this problem. If you have a suggestion please respond to my e-mail address DKimball@puc.nh.gov Thanks I have Outlook 2002 on...

Compare Columns #2
Is there a way to compare two columns and create a new column with only the items that do not match? I have two lists that should match however they do not. I want to compare the two columns and move the difference to a third? Thanks Mike Hi as a starting point: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#InOneNotOther -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Michael Nesi" <mpnesi@optonline.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:uJl3gQ92EHA.3472@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to compare two columns and create a new column with only > the items that do not matc...

import outlook.pst from outlook 2003 to winmail in vista
Any one have any doc's on how to import an outlook.pst file from 2003 into winmail in vista? Greately appreciated. Andres Can't be done. You'd have to export the Contacts to a format Windows Mail can import. You'd have to have the PST connected to Outlook on the same partition so you could import the messages. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Andres M. Hidalgo" <ahidalgo@verizon.net> wrote in message news:ultT6QNgIHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Any one have any doc's on how to import an outlook.pst file from 2003 into > winmail in vista? &g...