.forwards

When we used pine email we could easily set it up to send a
copy of ALL emails received to another address
automatically. For the life of me I cannot figure out how
to do this in Outlook.

For more explanation - our students are assigned email
addresses like abc1234@ourschool.edu.  Many would rather
use their yahoo or hotmail account.  They want ALL of their
mail sent on to the other account.
What directions do I give to them to make that happen?
Thanks so much
AC
0
anonymous (74722)

Outlook is a client, not a mail server. You'd need to set this up on your
server, if you've really decided that this is what you want to do &
support.... Note that Hotmail has a 2MB mailbox limit - forwarding mail to
Hotmail is rarely advisable. Yahoo now has a 100MB limit which is a little
better.

Personally, I wouldn't do this - it will be a real PITA to support. If your
goal is remote access to mail, see if they can access their ourschool.edu
mail via IMAP or webmail or something like it.

Academic computing wrote:
> When we used pine email we could easily set it up to send a
> copy of ALL emails received to another address
> automatically. For the life of me I cannot figure out how
> to do this in Outlook.
>
> For more explanation - our students are assigned email
> addresses like abc1234@ourschool.edu.  Many would rather
> use their yahoo or hotmail account.  They want ALL of their
> mail sent on to the other account.
> What directions do I give to them to make that happen?
> Thanks so much
> AC

0
lanwench (7567)

Forward from provider or forward from Hotmail?
I currently have my Comcast and Gmail forwarded to my Live account though my Live account. It is very slow to get email this way on my computer through Outlook. Does anyone else do this? Does anyone else not do this and have their mail forwarded from their provider to Hotmail, rather than having Hotmail handle the forward? Questions? Answers? Opinions? Thank you very much kind people, MHL MHL wrote: > I currently have my Comcast and Gmail forwarded to my Live account though my > Live account. It is very slow to get email this way on my computer through > Outlook. Does anyo...

[HELP] Problems forwarding NDR reports to a Public Folder
I have a problem with Non Delivery Reports that tries to be sento topublic folder with mailbox, but only in a special condition. I think it is a permission problem, and I would have an help to solve it. This is the scenario: There are some USER MAILBOX, for example xxx@domain.com, for which I have set-up a *forward* to the address of a PUBLIC FOLDER with a mailbox called xxx1@domain.com. The Client Permissions in this public forder are: Default: contributor Anonymous: contributor Administrator: owner If user xxx@domain.com sends a mail to an existing server (for example hotmail), but to an...

forwarding emails between accounts in same AD Forest?
I am trying to setup a forwrding address for a user to forward to another mailbox of theirs which is in a different domain but same forest. I am selecting the account to forward to in the forward to box in the delivery options window in their AD account. But I am geting this error: A referral was returned from the server Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 8007202b Microsoft Active Cirectory - Exchange Extension Any have any ideas on ways around this. Many thanks Does the account you're using to make this delegation have sufficient rights in the other domain to look up the alternate recip...

.forwards
When we used pine email we could easily set it up to send a copy of ALL emails received to another address automatically. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to do this in Outlook. For more explanation - our students are assigned email addresses like abc1234@ourschool.edu. Many would rather use their yahoo or hotmail account. They want ALL of their mail sent on to the other account. What directions do I give to them to make that happen? Thanks so much AC Outlook is a client, not a mail server. You'd need to set this up on your server, if you've really decided that this is wh...

email sends YES, reply NO, forward NO
Subject: Re: NO forward or reply in outlookXP From: "Eileen" > Sent: 7/13/2003 2:40:08 PM My account server properties ARE set to authenticate. I CAN send email. What I CANNOT DO is REPLY to or FORWARD and email. The error pops up immediately upon clicking the SEND button...before it leaves my PC (or so it seems) >-----Original Message----- >Simple - you cannot send mail through a server to which you are not >connected "relaying denied." > >You need to set your account server properties to allow you to authenticate. > > >-- >...

Forward Unopened messages?
I'm trying to cut down spam and don't want to open any spam emails. The FTC has an email address (uce@ftc.govsite) where you can forward spam emails that don't follow the regs or don't have opt-out options however when I forward the message Outlook opens it. Is there a way to forward the offending spam email as an attachment without opening it? Thanks Ted Ted <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to cut down spam and don't want to open any > spam emails. The FTC has an email address > (uce@ftc.govsite) where you can forward...

Signature not displayed in reply/forward
I've tried to search for a similar answers but can't quite find anything. I've set up an HTML signature for new emails, forwards and replies. All works fine until an inbound RTF email arrives and the signature doesn't appear in reply or forward automatically. I've checked the settings, I even tried the internet format conversion to HTML format for replies to inbound RTF. In message format I have both 'Use in MS Office Word 2003 to edit email messages' and 'Use MS Office Word 2003 to read RT email messages' are ticked. It's happening ...

Outlook 2003
Hi, I have an Outlook 2003 rule that is set to forward messages to another account and move them to a specific folder. All the messages are moved correctly, but many of them aren't forwarded. The ones that are forwarded show up in sent items, so I can clearly see that the rule is not even attempting to send them (i.e. the message wasn't sent but lost in transit due to server/connection issues). Is this a known issue? Is there any way to fix it? Cheers, Chris. ...

PtReceiveNBL how to forward packet.
Hi, I'm had IM driver with 2 NICs. How do I forward a packet in PtReceiveNBL? What I'm trying to do is: If I receive a packet, I do checked if this packet for me I indicated it up. If it not for me I forward the packet on to another node. What I have tried and didn't work: duplicate the packet and used NdisSendNetBufferLists(pAdapt->BindingHandle, CurrentNetBufferList, PortNumber, SendFlags); to forward this packet. Can someone help me to get this wo...

how to forward mail to correct domains and Exch servers,
We have an NT 4 domain (call it "NT4") and a new AD domain (call it "AD"). Domain NT4 is NT 4 with Exchange 5.5. New domain AD with Windows 2003 and very soon Exchange 2003. We have one Internet domain name ("abc.com"). How can we have mail sent to user@abc.com get routed to the correct Exchange server on the correct domain? Currently our firewall passes all SMTP traffic to the NT4 Exchange 5.5 server. I'm thinking the answer is the ADC, but will this work between two different (but trusting) domains? If this is the answer, does the ADC end up "ins...

marking forwarded emails as forwarded
I have an exchange 5.5 server that forwards emails for some users to their aol or other internet accounts. Occasionally spam emails also get forwarded to these third party accounts. This of course results in the user marking them as spam and then our company's email server getting flagged or blacklisted as a spammer to AOL or other email servers. Is there a way to setup forwarding in Exchange 5.5 to mark the subject as a forwarded message, ie. "FORWARED from xyz corporation" so that people would know not to mark it as spam? ...

Forwarded e-mail
When I receive an e-mail forwarded from aol, any message from the sender is there, but the forwarded message is not. Example, Joe sends an e-mail to Susan, who writes a brief note and forwards it to me. I see Susan's note, but not Joe's original message. I think this is more an AOL issue than Microsoft. >-----Original Message----- >When I receive an e-mail forwarded from aol, any message >from the sender is there, but the forwarded message is >not. Example, Joe sends an e-mail to Susan, who writes a >brief note and forwards it to me. I see Susan's note, ...

Prevent forwarded messages
Can I stop a message in Outlook XP from being forwarded on? On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:54:40 -0700, "Laura" <laura_coogan@sind.com> wrote: >Can I stop a message in Outlook XP from being forwarded on? No. -- Rich Cervenka Chicago, Illinois, USA ...

display email forwarding
Running exchange 2003 sp2. How can i turn off the email forwarding banner that appears in outlook 2003? a user is complaing that they dont want to see the note in outlook that tells them when they forwarded on the email. Thanks On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 09:41:46 -0800, "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Running exchange 2003 sp2. How can i turn off the email forwarding banner >that appears in outlook 2003? > >a user is complaing that they dont want to see the note in outlook that >tells them when they forwarded on the email. > >Thanks And d...

Mail not forwarding
Outlook 2002 on Windows 2000 not Exchange Rules Wizard set to forward if recipient is in To or Cc field. Some email is forwarded and other not. Curious because in one case same person replied to the same email twice and the the first forwarded and the second didn't. Confirmed the details in the header, the mail should have forwarded. Any help greatly appreciated... ...

Replay and Forward Stationary
I need to use my custom stationary when replying and forwarding massages, I have no problem with new messages but I can only seem to use the stationary if I attach the original message to a new message. Any help much appreciated. Gedster Gedster <Gedster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to use my custom stationary when replying and forwarding > massages, I have no problem with new messages but I can only seem to > use the stationary if I attach the original message to a new message. Outlook always uses the format of the original message when replying or forward...

Outlook Rules
I have a rule that moves emails from 'bob@random.rnd' * to another folder. But my rule does not cope when the email comes in like "H.R.Department@random.rnd on behalf of bob@random.rnd" then the rule does not work anymore. How can I write a rule to cope with this sort of annoying email? * Email address has been changed to protect privacy ...

forward to smart host
i have exchange 2003 and i set the connector to forward to a smart host & restart the services .when i try to send email i can see in my FW that the exchange is still trying to send mail directly . what am i missing ? Jarom, What did you put in the smarthost box servername or ip address in square brackets ? Can you ping the smarthost from the Exchange server ? Regards Paul Ford "jarom" <jarom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43CEADB1-BE42-4492-A179-5F87945BDABD@microsoft.com... >i have exchange 2003 and i set the connector to forward to a smart ...

Disable the forwarding function (RMS?)
Hi, I want to preserve the confidentiality of an email so that the receipient (internal or external) of the email won't be able to forward the email to others. Is it doable? The Microsoft Right Management Service + Liquid Machines seem serving the purpose, but the deployment doesn't look straight forward. Anyone has the experience to share? Any alternatives? I know Lotus Notes has the similar function out of the box. Does MS Outlook provide this too? Thanks RMS can definitely add that capability to Outlook, which has nothing = like that built in. People I've talked to who...

Forwarding
I have a rule to forward messages based on, well based on whatever, its not important. What i want to do thought is have the first x number of lines and the last x number of lines removed from the email before its gets forwarded. In the rules wizard, ther is an option to run a script. Is that the solution, and if so, a quick pointer to where i can start that process would be helpful. If there is a better solution that'd be good too. Andy ...

TO and CC email addresses hidden when forwarding an email [Outlook 2007]
Dear all, I've encountered a problem when forwarding emails in Outlook 2007. Any help much appreciated! When forwarding an email using Outlook 2007, only the names of the recipients of the recipients are given in the forwarded message (from "-----Original Message-----" downwards); the FROM field contains a "mailto" URL with an email address, but the TO and CC fields give no email addresses. (There are no hidden hyperlinks that encode the email addresses.) Is there a setting that changes this? I have looked through all the settings and could not find one! Thanks a l...

Issue with SMTP forwarding in a shared address space (Help!)
Hello there My organization currently outsources their exchange 2003 to a hosted provider and we are in the process of bringing this in-house. We have changed the mx records so that all our mail flows to the SendMail Gateway located at our company. The SendMail gateway relays the mail back out to our hosting provider which in turn, sends it back to us, I believe through HTTP. With the SendMail gateway, we plan on migrating a few users at a time. This allows 5 users to be migrated while the other 45 are still on the outsourced exchange provider. An issue that I am having: If we allow ...

Forwarding #5
I am starting to have problems with replying to some emails in Outlook. For some recipients, to whom I try to reply, I get this error message: 550 Recipient Not Authorised [recipient rejected due to no authorised destination groups] The email is not sent. If I start a new mail then cut and paste the contents in, it is sent as normal. Any ideas? ...

How do I forward email to external address
Hi Just installed SBS2003 and cannot find the option that I used to have in Exchange 5.5 where I could foward mail from internal addresses to an external(Internet) address Probably very simple but my brain is missing it THX Colin In Exchange 2000 and above Custom Recipient is now called a Contact and you create these in Active Directory Users and Computers, the Forwarder Option is on the Exchange General Tab (Delivery Options) within the Properties of the User "Colin C" <nospam.colinc@opalservices.co.uk> wrote in message news:uByeAVQXEHA.3596@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > ...

Emails not forwarding to external address
We are migrating from Exch 5.5 to a Domino server. While the migration is in progress, we setup Custom Recipients on Exch to forward to the migrated users on Domino. To make it work, we set the IMS/connections/email domain to point to the Domino domain. Everything works fine for a few days, and then the incoming internet emails to Exch quit forwarding to the Domino users. What's weird is that the emails will eventually come through maybe 5 hours later, and all at the same time; as if Exchange is holding them for a long time and then delivering them. The last time this happened, we rebooted...