.eml file extension

When trying to open an attachment that has a *.eml
extension I get the following pop-up error message.

"Paint cannot read this file. This file is not a valid
bitmap file, or its format is not currently supported."

Any suggestions?

Regards
0
anonymous (74722)

Rightclick the file, choose Open With... and select Outlook Express. Mark it
to set it as the default application for eml-files.

Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum.

Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office
family.

Here is the link for the right forum

Good Luck!"

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Steve D" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When trying to open an attachment that has a *.eml
> extension I get the following pop-up error message.
>
> "Paint cannot read this file. This file is not a valid
> bitmap file, or its format is not currently supported."
>

> Any suggestions?
>
> Regards

0
Roady

Write file in bit precision
Hi guys, I would like to know if is possible write the file in bit precision. Tnx You need to define your own set of functions to treat a file as a bit stream. Note that whether bytes are big-ended or low-ended is up to you. "Salvatore Di Fazio" <salvatore.difazio@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150033733.374888.146710@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi guys, > I would like to know if is possible write the file in bit precision. > Tnx > Salvatore Di Fazio wrote: > Hi guys, > I would like to know if is possible write the file in bit precision. >...

MS Access 2007 SNP Extension
How can I generate MS Access report with an extension of SNP? The problem that I'm having is that the reports that previously I have generate using the SNP format does not work in Access 2007? Please guidance. Thank you. Luis Hi Luis, For this version, it looks like one has to download the Snapshot Viewer utility separately: A report does not open in Snapshot Viewer after you export the report to snapshot format in Access 2007 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928357 Tom Wickerath Microsoft Access MVP https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Tom http://www.access....

merging data from 1 excel file, into a master excel file
I have 2 spreadsheets - a master spreadsheet and sheet #2. Sheet #2 contains all of the information from the master (with the same exact columns), plus new rows that are inserted throughout. The first column of data uniquely identifies each row. Most of the rows are identical in both, with some tweaks to the master. Therefore, I do not want any cells in the pre-existing rows to be overwritten in the master. I'd like to merge in just the new rows from sheet #2 into the master, and leave everything that is already in the master (and has been tweaked), as is. How do I do that? ...

Translation file missing or corrupt
Trying to export data from Outlook and get the subject message. It then wants the WinXP cd. Anyway around this since the XP cd is toast? Outlook's exporters and importers are on the Office CD, not the Win XP CD. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Absolutely" <nospam@nospam.here> wrote in message news:u2RdZ67bHHA.1216@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Trying to export data from Outlook and get the subject message. It then > wants the WinXP cd. Anyway around this since the XP cd is toast? > Do you normally use a PST? For example is that the default location for...

how do I make one single publisher file from several publis.files
I don't know how to merge various publisher files into a single one to make a publication. I don't want to change the layout of these files Thank you lisalisa wrote: > I don't know how to merge various publisher files into a > single one to make a publication. I don't want to change > the layout of these files > Thank you ===================================== You can copy/paste or try Mary's excellent tutorial: Combining Publisher Documents http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm -- ******John Inzer******** **MS Picture It! MVP** *****Di...

merging money files
Hi Does anyone know if it is possible to incorporate or merge two different Money files? I just found a file which goes back further than my current file & would like to have the data accessible. Cheers See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=90. "Crispin Duckworth" <crispinduckworth@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:hiEje.104575$Cq2.19677@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > Does anyone know if it is possible to incorporate or merge two different > Money files? > > I just found a file which goes back further than my current file & would > like to hav...

Code to hide window elements in a specific file
Hi there, I have the following code which works to remove toolbars when a specific file is opened. But I would also like for the formula bar, status bar and sheet tabs to be hidden when the file is opened. These must, however, all be visible again when any other file is opened. Please help! Code in This Workbook: Private Sub Workbook_Activate() Dim bar As CommandBar For Each bar In Application.CommandBars bar.Enabled = False Next End Sub Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate() Dim bar As CommandBar For Each bar In Application.CommandBars bar.Enabled = True Next...

Data file not closed properly
Everytime our users have Outlook open then close it (properly), but need to get back into it immediately, they receive this message. "The date file 'personal folder' was not closed properly." "This file is being checked for problems" This message started appearing about a week ago. I can't find any information about it or what's the real cause. Is it because of SP3 for Office? Does anyone have a clue?? Please help... ...

How do I add a page from one file to another file?
I am working on a newsletter with several others. I have several one page files in PUB 03 and want to combine them into one file. I have tried copying but I only get a new text box. Any thing that I copy and paste is a new text box. I have tried removing the orrignal text box, but I still only get a tex box. I have the same problem in moving text from page to page in the same file. I have even tried copying to Word and recopying, but still just a text box. -- Mr MC 8 Do you *select all?* What happens when you *paste special?* Are you inserting a page in the new publication and then ...

Accessing file dialog
Thanks for the code. One more question, is it possible for the folder dialog to remember where it's been? It always starts in MY COMPUTER The CFileDialog, just seems to know where to start. I presume the last location's stored somewhere, and can be access in the folder dialog. Cheers "Henry" <abshhkc@bath.ac.uk> wrote in message news:HrrDC6.AMw@bath.ac.uk... > Wow.. Cool. It's rare that you get someone writing a whole section of code > for you and it works without having to fafff with it. I'll have a little > study. > > Thanks > > > ...

Can I remove the EML files
I have Exchange 2003 running with SP1. It is a bridgehead server for our two administrative groups and the SMTP gateway. There are a lot of EML files and LB**.tmp files in the Windows\temp folder. They are taking almost 26G of the c: drive that I am running out of space. I was wondering if I can go ahead and delete these files would that be OK? In the newsgroup someone referred me to kb#871110 but I need to know if I can delete them right now or it will effect something. Thanks. Does this help: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;871110 Or, did you have the ...

Checking file
I would like to check whether a file exists or not, in a MFC application. Is my following approach correct? /////////// CFileFind directory_finder; if(directory_finder.FindFile(full_filename_path) && !directory_finder.FindNextFile()) { // file exists } else { // file does not exist } /////////// Charles Tam wrote: > I would like to check whether a file exists or not... Just use GetFileAttributes(...) if INVALID_FILE_ATTRIBUTES, something is wrong. Best, Dan. -- "We need an energy policy that encourages consumption" George W. Bush. "Conservation may be ...

eml
Hi all, Can somebody tell me how to open an eml file in Windows Live Mail? I don't see it in the defaults. TIA, Irwin Opper Double-click it and it should open a displayed-message window. Otherwise drag it to an open instance of WLM. "Irwin Opper" <ijoppe@comcast.net> wrote in message news:EF721430-67EB-41C0-A89A-1CF7F75F260E@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > Can somebody tell me how to open an eml file in Windows Live Mail? > > I don't see it in the defaults. TIA, > > Irwin Opper Thank you so much for your fast reply....

Automatically open excel file after log in
How can I automatically open the excel file when log in to Windows Create a shortcut to the file and drop it into your Windows STARTUP folder -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Emkay" <Emkay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:572FC2E4-D49B-...

Can't open file in Outlook
I keep getting a message about: "can't open file: X:\xxx\xxx.msg The file may not exist, you may not have permissions to open it, or it may be open by another program. Right-click the folder that contains the file, and then click Properties to check your permissions to the folder" when trying to open some message files. Now, the file is there, but it won't allow me to open it, move it, or do anything to it, saying it has created a sharing violation. What's wrong with Outlook 2000? This is Outlook 2000 SP3. Thanks! ...

.csv drops "0" when saved, even if file was set as "text".
Hi. I need to save files as .csv for importing Product Codes into my purchasing system. My problem is that, even if I change the relevant column to "TEXT", after saving the file as a .csv the "0" or even sometimes "00" that appear at the beginning of many of the product code is being dropped by Excell when the file is reopened. Any thoughts on how I can solve this issue? "TRminator" <TRminator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:567B41B9-4DED-4150-854C-DD84DF9D2AEE@microsoft.com... > Hi. I need to save files as .csv for imp...

How to create a Help File?
Hi there, Im developping an Visio VBA application, and I'd like to include a Hel section in it. There is an item in my menu called "Help", and I want t open the Help Contents by clicking on that menu. I'd like to know wha format has to be the file? Can it be a Visio file? what is the best an easiest way to do that? Thanks a lot in advance! Avalon2 -- avalon2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- avalon27's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=18 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=76025 Visit - htt...

Will not restore a backup file
I have just reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled Money 2003 but it will not restore my backup file. I have read through the FAQ about this but still cannot restore the file. I am running Windows XP Pro with Money 2003 OEM part of Microsoft Works Suite. Whenever I try to restore my backup file (*mbf) I get the error message "Cannot open the file, may be Read only or the Harddrive may be write protected - none of which applies in my case. I have tried both quick and deep repairs but to no avail. I always end up with me having to sign into my Net passport and that just leads me ...

Outlook 2003 and *.eml files
I have Outlook 2003 installed at the moment on an WinXP Pro machine, but I have some old emails that I exported as *.eml files from Outlook Express in the past. At the moment if I want to to anything email related I just fire up Outlook 2003. However, if I want to see my archived *.eml files they open with Outlook Express. Is there any way to switch the association for *.eml files so that they will successfully open in Outlook 2003 instead? No. "Yarx" <nick_com@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:17ea401c41a3c$3ededf50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have Outlook 2003 insta...

Regenerate EFT File transmission
We had a payables batch which we generated an EFT File but the EFT file didn't have all the transactions in the batch. Is it possible to re-run the EFT File generation? How do you do it? I am on 6.0 and go into Cards - Purchasing - EFT FIle Generation. What backend are you on? If it is SQL Server, it is possible. "richxyz" wrote: > We had a payables batch which we generated an EFT File but the EFT file > didn't have all the transactions in the batch. Is it possible to re-run the > EFT File generation? How do you do it? I am on 6.0 and go into Cards - ...

Cannot open file form File Open menu
If i select the File menu and then open nothing happens, if I use the Task pane and click on more my file list appears. I can also launch excel files from explores. Why does the file/open menu not work. There was a virus that affected the File|Save, File|SaveAs and File|Open. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308360 OFF2000: Error Messages Caused by Nimda Virus When You Open or Save Files in Office Programs maybe you got hit. (I'm not sure if this affected the taskpane, though.) danny tew wrote: > > If i select the File menu and then open nothing happens, > ...

File Locks in ALL msoft applications first file of the day on a sh
Error is happening in the following scenarios. File server is SBS 2008 Office Suite is 2007 or 2010 beta Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Visio Navigate to folder on share , open file, the program will display a progress bar opening the file, bottom right corner of screen shows a progress bar, "Downloading" After about 3 minutes the program will display document as ready only, hit cancel and all is well can save files and open any other file from any other Office APP... Client OS's, Win7 32, win7 64, Vista, Server 2008 in TS mode Win XP - no problem Offic...

.eml file extensions
Am unable to open .eml file attachments. Have tried KB Article 312355 procedure. When I click OK I get "Windows cannot find file". Any help would be appreciated. WindowXP operating system. ...

Help Deleted Desktop Files in Frontpage
I was trying to create a new sample website so I started the wizard and had the site save to my desktop. Once it opened up in frontpage it had every single file in my desktop in there so I deleted the desktop files that were in my web. Big problem as now all of those desktop files are deleted from not just the program but are completely removed from my computer's desktop. Any thoughts on how to get them back? System restore did not work. You need to ask in a newsgroup for your specific operating system. -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997...

Opening files automatically with Import Text File dialog box
I would like to eliminate the requirement to have a user click on the Import button during VBA control of the Import Text File dialog box. This will facilitate the automatic processing of sequentially numbered files. I would appreciate any suggestions. Here's a simplified listing of the code I'm using. Sub ImportOrigData() ' ActiveWindow.ScrollWorkbookTabs Position:=xlFirst Sheets("OrigDataFile").Select Range("A10").Select Dim sText As String For DOY = 147 To 149 ' first and last day of year to be processed sText...