.DLL file could not be found

The message below is what comes up when I try to open MS
Outlook.  I have tried numerous patches from Microsoft
and have deleted and re-loaded Office on my PC.  Have
also contacted Dell but they were not able to help me.
Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Unable to open your default e-mail folders.  The .DLL
file for the information service could not be found.
MAPI was unable to load the information service
PSTPRX.DLL.  Be sure the service is correctly installed
and configured.

Thanx!!!

.mny file replaced with .tmp file
Hello, Recently, on a couple different occasions, I've gone to start Microsoft Money 2006 Premium on XP SP 2 only to have MS Money tell me the file I'm trying to open is gone. I open the folder where I keep my .mny file and it is indeed gone, replaced by a file of the same size with a .tmp extension. Each time, this has happened around 3am. I do not have anything scheduled that I know of at 3am. Each time, I have been able to just restore my .mny file from my backups and have it work fine. Any idea what could be renaming my file like this? The main change over the last few w...

Making a Excel file Read Only
We need to have our shared file to be read only. The problem we have been having is, if suzy opens the file before we do, we cannot edit the file. So this is what we also need. Suzy cannot open the file before us, or if she does we can still edit the file. Suzy cannot edit the file at all. She must only be able to open it and read only. How can we make this happen? Thank you, Debbie HAve you considered saving the file with password protection? You can identify a open password and also a modify password. You could give suzy the open password, but not the modify passwo...

Normal users unable to open JPG files (Power users can)
Hi All, I have a problem whereby users who are set up with normal user status on their machines cannot open JPEG files, but if we make them a power user on their computer they can then open JPG files fine. I found this posting in this group from Jun 2003 that partially addresses the issue: http://groups.google.co.nz/group/microsoft.public.outlook/browse_thread/thread/a870363bf78ac9c3/3663ad6fdee97e62?lnk=st&q=&rnum=11&hl=en#3663ad6fdee97e62 OR http://tinyurl.com/ew8gf The advice in there is to change the user to a power user, associate JPG / JPEG file extensions with an a...

Protecting My Assembly DLL
Hi All, All you know that, if you develop dotnet application, It s not hard to use it by someone, no matter it s an application or assembly dll I tried a solution against this, Think about I have an application consist of "one login form, launcher", "one main application, lets say MDI form" form and an assembly dll (real business application thatt shouldn't be used or decompiled by others) If I encrypt my dll file with another delphi application before deployment When user runs my delphi launcher application (consists one login form), after auth...

error loading xml file
hello, the $xml loaded the xml file and it did store the xml as a property, but it won't display on screen. i need some help navigate out of the dark many thanks PSH �� $xml = new xml PSH �� $xml.load("h:\windowspowershell\template.xml") PSH �� $xml format-default : Object reference not set to an instance of an object. + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [format-default], NullReferenceException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.NullReferenceException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.FormatDefaultCommand Not 100% sure what you are trying to do here but for a star...

deploy needs debug dll?
I'm wondering if anyone has seen this. First, several computers have a previous version of our deployment. I've sent my executable and dlls out as pre release so some of my clients could take the next version around the block and I could get feedback. That works fine. And I've checked, I have not deployed a dll called MSVCR71D.dll in that previous version. Now, when I do an install of the new version on a computer, the app won't run, it is looking for that dll. The exact same app and dlls when laid over an old version don't need the dll. I don't think I've ...

auto create of Task in shared public folder from client's Contact file
Hi-- Please help. I need to be able to... ....open a Contact on my local workstation from my local OST folder... ....click a button... ....and have the contact information copied to a Task object.... ....add some text and then have the Task saved into a shared public Tasks folder for all to see... ....any ideas? Is the best way to do it? Is there another workflow that would make more sense and achieve the same result? (I know this is a general question but I am generally clueless about programming Outlook. I do know VB6 and VBScript.) Please advise. Thank you. --Mark Unless yo...

HELP!! Missing File
Please help. I had an Excel spreadsheet that I have been syncing to my PDA. The other day I noticed that the information was not up to date. It revertrd back to a few months ago. When I went on the computer the info was gone too. How can I retreive a deleted file or refresh this file back to what I have put in up to date? What, no backup ? Seriously, I would guess that your file is in existence somewhere. First, I suggest you do a full file search of your drives (perhaps *.xls for all workbooks). It is easy to save a file in an unexpected place using Excel. Failing that, there is sof...

Application depends on msvcp71.dll and msvcp71d.dll in the same time
Hello I started testing my application written entirly on machine running XP Pro (VS 7.1). After installing the application (built in the debug mode) on fresh installation of Windows 98 SE I have discovered that it requires dlls from debug and non-debug modes (for example: msvcp71.dll and msvcp71d.dll, msvcr71.dll and msvcr71d.dll). The application uses a few external libraries but they are linked statically. Is this natural ? Thanks si Debug mode will require the debug versions(msvcp71d.dll, etc...) and the release mode will require the release versions (msvcp71.dll, etc...). Win...

Docking ToolBars Loaded by a DLL
Hello everyone! I'm Working on a dll that aims to add several toolbars in an existing mfc application. I would like to dock all of my toolbars but the only way to access to the Mdi frame window of the application is the handle. How can I dock my toolbar in the main application window ??? Thanx. Olivb. I dont know what you are asking. You can get the main window using AfxGetMainWnd will give you main window from another DLL. Typically you should make other DLL an MFC Extension DLL. This avoid use of AFX_MANAGE_STATE macros. The fact that you are in another DLL will not impact the...

msoeacct.dll and msident.dll
Every time I try to use Outlook 2002 I get a c:windows/system32/msoeacct.dll or msident.dll errors...I have tryed several things from the knowledge base of microsoft and thus far nothing has worked. I am loosing patience with this....what do I have to do to fix this...reinstall windows xp? I have already reinstalled my office and have even reinstalled my internet explorer. I have the most recent version, 6. Is there anyone who has had these problems and can you help me? Thanks. PJ Shuart ...

using VB CListCtrl from a C++ dll
First off, I want to acknowledge my general lack of understanding of the nuts and bolts of the windows messaging model. I saw a similar post ("How to operate the ListCtl in a worker thread") that alluded to thread issues being my problem. To the point: I have a VB app (actually Excel VBA). I load a UserForm (uf1) modeless and push a command button on this form that initiates a call to an MFC C++ dll function. I would like to load a VB ListView control on uf1 while processing within the c++ dll. Given that I can send the hWnd of the ListView control to the dll, I assumed I...

moving outlook express to xp, 2003 outlook files
were trying to move outlook express address to a new 2003 outlook on an xp system. The old is a windows 98 system, on a network. And so far have no been able to import the setting or address. Greg you need to set OE up on the new machine then import it - or import it to OL on the old machine - in either case, you need oe and ol configured on the machine. See tomsterdam.com if you need instructions on reconnecting oe files when you move them. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)...

Using VBA to Print PDF Files
Hi: My customer has PDF spec sheets for their inventory items. When a pick ticket is printed, they wish to print the PDF spec sheets for each item on the pick tickets. I am very comfortable with the report event structure and know exactly how to get to the PDF files using VBA, but I am having a problem getting the docs printed. I've taken two approaches: 1. Drop ACROPDF.dll onto a User Form in the VBA project. To do this, I created a procedure on the form as shown: Public Sub PrintPDF(FileName As String) AcroPDF1.LoadFile (FileName) AcroPDF1.printAll PDFPrinter.Hide End Sub T...

Formula's don't link after a file name changes #2
Thanks for the advice. What would you suggest to do when you hav several (close to 40) spreadsheets and each one has multiple formula in it? Would a Ctrl+H work on all the formulas in the spreadsheet at once, o do I need to do it cell by cell? Thanks, Da -- DPelc ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DPelch's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1466 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26281 Dan, It will work on all the cells that you select, if you select more that one cell, or on ...

microsoft excell file converter for quatro pro 7
I am wondering how to convert quatro pro 6 and 7 files to excell format. I have Office xp professional specifically version excell 2002. If any one can give me assistance on this I would be appreciated I've never had to do it but excel does support quatro pro. i'm not sure about your versions. click file>open. at the bottom ,click the down arrow of the type of file box. scroll to and select quatro pro/dos this will light up all quatro pro file. open and save as excel. I would try one first then look it over to make sure that all went well. >-----Original Message----- &...

MFC DLL vs. Win32 DLL + MFC (small size is important)
I've noticed that there is smaller size of DLL when created like Win32 DLL project and then linked MFC as static lib, then when it is created as MFC DLL project. Is this truth? I'm trying to make my dll as smaller as possible. ...

SMPT COUND NOT BE FOUND AND POP3 cannot be fou d
I need help setting up Microsoft Mail on my Acer laptop This information is available from your ISP, the folks who provide you Internet service. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4 Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com "meme" <meme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF5F3F36-EACB-4FAC-9AFC-4CDA4A891FC3@microsoft.com... >I need help setting up Microsoft Mail on my Acer laptop ...

displaying the ten largest files under $home
A recent article at http://app.en25.com/e/es.aspx?s=1403&e=3665&elq=e2ce8baaa53547398de98959c5bbeda1 has a script to display the ten largest files resident under a user's $home folder: Dir $home -recurse -ea SilentlyContinue | Sort-Object Length -Descending | Select-Object -first 10 | Select-Object FullName, Length, LastWriteTime I modified it to display the same information in a way that avoids truncation of FullName: # findmylargestfiles.ps1 '' Dir $home -recurse -ea SilentlyContinue | Sort-Object Length -Descending | ...

the systemn file (windows/system32/config/system) is growing
Hi, I recently asked why my system file is 200mb -- I used your advice and used NTRGOPT and this brought it down to about 8mb. Now I notice that my system file is gradually growing again. Wen I use NTREGOPT it comes back down, but this is not a permanent solution. What can I do to keep the file from growing? How can I check what is happening? I looked in error logs and system logs and there is nothing listed at the time that the file was modified. I appreciate your help with this. Thanks Jeff wrote: > Hi, > > I recently asked why my system file is 200mb --...

viewing other publisher files
I have MIcrosoft Publisher 2000. When my friends send me Publisher files of the same year and version, I get an error message saying that Publisher cannot open files from a different source. Does anyone know what gives? Are you sure they are also using Pub 2000? Are you running Norton antivirus? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "freedom" <freedom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF95B6D4-85E8-4C5E-A8E1-1B2635AAEF23@microsoft.com... >I have MIcrosoft Publisher 2000. When my friends send me Publisher files of > the same year and version, I...

READ ONLY IN FILE
Have a user on a network wherever she loggs in every file opened through Outlook come up as read only. The files are read as normal when opening without outlook. But when opened in Outlook they are read only. This is only with this one user. Noone else is having this problem.. Can you please help me. ...

Timer in a standard dll
I have an MFC application with a regular MFC dll. In the dll, I need some timer but I don't know how to do it since there is no window in the dll and creating a windows class for that would make it run in the class object which is not what I want. Is there any solution for that? Regards I. lesher Gur wrote: > I have an MFC application with a regular MFC dll. In the dll, I need some > timer but I don't know how to do it since there is no window in the dll and > creating a windows class for that would make it run in the class object > which is not what I want. >...

"Folder Size" and "File Size" differece in .pst file
I have a .PST file that shows approximately 700MB in the "Folder Size" through Outlook 2k3. However, the actual file size is over 1.5GB. Anyone know why there would be such a difference? My other pst's are pretty close in file size and folder size. Thanks. Ben Ben Smith <bsmith@aNvOaSlPoAnMinc.com> wrote: > I have a .PST file that shows approximately 700MB in the "Folder Size" > through Outlook 2k3. However, the actual file size is over 1.5GB. > Anyone know why there would be such a difference? My other pst's are > pretty close in file si...

How to save document versions in one file?
Hello How to save document versions in one file as in Word? Or How to reduce space consumed by files of document versions? Excel doesn't have this feature. (You do mean different versions of the document--not different versions of the application, right?) One problem that may add to file size is excel keeping track of the last used cell. If you hit ctrl-End and excel takes you way past what you think should be the last used row, then you can reset it using some of the techniques at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Dmitriy Kopnichev wrote...