.dbx files

For some reason my outlook express just cleaned up files
and place them in .dbx format. I would like to restore
them because i didn't ask for them to be cleaned up. Can
anybody help me to get my mail back either into outlook
XP or outlook express?
0
tammie1 (1)

Tammie wrote:
> For some reason my outlook express just cleaned up files
> and place them in .dbx format. I would like to restore
> them because i didn't ask for them to be cleaned up. Can
> anybody help me to get my mail back either into outlook
> XP or outlook express?

 *.mbx is used bu Outlook Express 5 ->, s� this is normal. Check in
"Tools-options-Maintnance-Store folder" to figure out what files are
currently used by Outlook Express.

In Microsoft Outlook, you can choose, File-Import and then select Outlook
Express.

Hope this helps!

-Robert

0
none7032 (35)
9/2/2004 9:19:30 AM
Excepting you'd be better off exporting mail, from OE to OL, that way
modified dates remain.

"msnews.microsoft.com" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Tammie wrote:
> > For some reason my outlook express just cleaned up files
> > and place them in .dbx format. I would like to restore
> > them because i didn't ask for them to be cleaned up. Can
> > anybody help me to get my mail back either into outlook
> > XP or outlook express?
>
>  *.mbx is used bu Outlook Express 5 ->, s� this is normal. Check in
> "Tools-options-Maintnance-Store folder" to figure out what files are
> currently used by Outlook Express.
>
> In Microsoft Outlook, you can choose, File-Import and then select Outlook
> Express.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> -Robert

0
dl6256 (276)
9/2/2004 11:46:49 AM
Tammie <tammie@theallenshouse.com> wrote:

> For some reason my outlook express just cleaned up files
> and place them in .dbx format.

Outlook Express _always_ keeps its items in files whose type is .dbx.

> I would like to restore
> them because i didn't ask for them to be cleaned up.

Nothing to restore.  Outlook Express uses .dbx files.

> Can
> anybody help me to get my mail back either into outlook
> XP or outlook express?

They're already in  Outlook Express if they're .dbx files.  To export to
Outlook, in Outlook Express click File>Export>Messages.

Maybe you'd better explain what you did and why you think .dbx files are not
appropriate.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Outlook Express 6.0 dbx files can't be opened
I messed up and deleted my identity on Outlook Express. OLE6 says the dbx files exist, but I see no information on how to access them. I tried rebuilding the original identity, but found OLE6 assigned a new, unique identity code every time one creates an identity anew. Does anyone know how I can "restore"/gain access to my OLE dbx file & folders? Cliff Stubbs This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE...

Autocorrect file?
How do I find and transfer my AutoCorrect file from Office2007, running Windows 7, to another machine? I can't locate the file. I have done this before when running XP. Unformatted AutoCorrect entries are stored in an *.acl file (a separate file for each language installed). It should be in the %appdata%\Microsoft\Office folder. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "tobodoc" <tobodoc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF92E110-F1E7-4F58-AF33-E3C6D7D72483@microsoft.com... > How do I find and transfer my AutoC...

Importing Tab files
Hello, Here's some odd behavior from Excel. I need to import a tab file with the following two requirements: req 1. Newlines within quotation marks are preserved as part of the record req 2. All fields are imported as text Now, if I do file->open and go through the import wizard, req 2 is met because I can select all fields and set them to text. However, it splits records at newlines within quotation marks no matter what I try. If, on the other hand, I drag and drop the tab file onto Excel, it preserves newlines, but there's no way (as far as I can tell) to force it to input ...

Importing an Excel file into Money
I do my banking with Smith Barney. Although I could download directly into Money (or Quicken) there is a monthly charge to do this. I don't want to use Money or Quicken to pay my bills, simply to organize my finances better. I am able to download my account data into Excel. Is there anyway I can import from Excel into Money? I tried doing this using the import feature, but nothing happened when I selected the Excel file and clicked import (no error messages or anything). In microsoft.public.money, Cruzin wrote: >I do my banking with Smith Barney. Although I could >...

importing .pst file #2
I recently tried to import "outlook.pst" from one computer running Office 2003 to another running same. I imported "archive.pst" w/ no problem. When I attempt to import "outlook.pst", I get an error message that says one or more parameters are invalid. Can anyone help? Thanx http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx Try here I got some good answers.. Peace Michael H. "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11cee01c3f55d$47da0520$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I recently tried to import "outlook.p...

file://./backofficestorage...
I need to enable access to file://./backofficestorage on my Exchange 2003 server. I remember a seeing an article on how to do that a while ago but I can't find it now. Thanks! PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION!! Also ensure that do file-level virus scanners are scanning M: drive Drive M Mapping to IFS Is Not Present by Default in Exchange Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821836/en-us HTH -- James Whelan Rapid Response Engineer - Messaging Premier Field Engineering Microsoft United Kingdom Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup pu...

Can not get emails to flow down to a .pst file
I have tried removing the profiles and re-initiating them. For whatever reason, it will not drop down into her personal folder, or .pst file. It has been ongoing for 1 week now. I also rebooted the PC. I have tried every thing I could think of. Please help. On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:35:01 -0700, "Glenn" <GRyan@prideindustries.com> wrote: >I have tried removing the profiles and re-initiating >them. For whatever reason, it will not drop down into her >personal folder, or .pst file. It has been ongoing for 1 >week now. I also rebooted the PC. I have trie...

Backing Up Outlook Files #2
Hi I would like to know how I could back up my Outlook files and folders, so that I can trnsfer them to another computer. Please assist!!! http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm is a good place to read about this. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. "Muhammad Yusuf" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:045601c3b457$0a972d60$a101280a@phx.gbl... | Hi I would like to know how I could back up my Outlook | files and folders, so that I can trnsfer them to another | computer. | | Please assi...

Money '98 and .ofx file redux
I got a reply from "SG" who said he had the plug-in to allow Money 98 to handle .ofx files. Said he was sending it but didn't. Does anyone else hve this that he/she would share with me? I can't use my download from Royal Bank otherwise. Thank you. -- The spam has finally gotten to me so I've corrupted the address above. Try 'yahoo'. Take a look at http://money.mvps.org/patches.htm - there is an OFX patch there for Money 98. Can you confirm it's the correct one if it works please (Email is fine). -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://mo...

map file
Hello, everyone: Refering to link http://www.codeproject.com/debug/mapfile.asp, a map file of a program may help us to find crash information. Unfortunately, while releasing product I didnot generate a map file for the program. And now, user has found the program crashed at the instruction 0x00441fda. Now I try to generate a map file with that source code. My problem is: Is the map file now I will get is the same as that I should have generated while releasing the progrma? And how about listing files? Thanks Eric ...

virus scanner is preventing files from opening
After installation of the Symantec Antivirus client on two XP machines running Office 2003, both systems will not load Excell files -- even ones created, then saved! The information I get is that the virus scanner has detected a problem with a file. What can I do to resolve this?? To check whether the problem is corruption of the files or not, you could switch off (functions of) the virrusscanner and then open your file. But only ofcourse if you are sure that the virusscanner isn't right. -- Regards, Auk Ales * Please reply to this newsgroup only * * I will not react on unsol...

E000XXX.log file
Do anyone knows how to remove E000XXX.log automatically? Thanks in advance Jena Use an Exchange aware backup program to backup your server. "Jean" wrote: > Do anyone knows how to remove E000XXX.log automatically? > > Thanks in advance > Jena > > > Or enable circular logging. Read about cirrcualr logging before enabling it. That is bad idea, except in cases where you do not care about data. Anwarice wrote: > Or enable circular logging. Read about cirrcualr logging before > enabling it. -- Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm for how ...

File on network drive is renamed to random when saved...
Excel 2000. When the user saves a spreadsheet that is stored on a network share the original file is deleted and replaced by an 8 digit random filename. I know that Excel saves to a temp file first and then renames it, so it looks like its not renaming the temp file. Checked permissions to the shared directory and able to delete and rename files. Tried this on another user who has Excel 2003 and this problem no longer exists !!!! Any solution? (Apart from the expensive one of upgrading to Office 2003!) The other common thing that gets blamed is the antivirus software. Can you disable t...

How do I correct missing msvcr80.dll file?
I cannot open Outlook. I get a message telling me I am missing my MSVCR80.dll file. I have tried reloading the program, and the file is on the CD, but cannot get it attached. Same thing happens when I try to use Outlook for email. ...

Can you convert a Publisher (2002) file into a PDF file?
Yes, you can with the help of Acrobat or other thrid party programs. And please use the body instead of the header to post questions. Thank you. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Joni" <Joni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A58FCBC-B14A-4867-8687-42B56B38EC7B@microsoft.com... > --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.769 / Virus Database: 516 - Release Date: 9/24/2004 "Joni" wrote: Can you convert a Publisher (2002) file into a PDF file? =============...

Dowload File
Hi, I have problem with downloading a file using WebRequest and HttpWebResponse. Inorder to download this file i need to call to url that tells to prepare the file for download, and then i call to another url that downloads the file. I have a problem with that because: 1. i do not know when the server finished the preparetion. 2.i checked the HttpStatusCode but he doen't changes (myresponse.StatusCode). the problem causes the application to download only a part of the file and that because the server hasn't prepared the file yet. if i give him Thread.Sleep(100000) i do get the full f...

dbx
I have several ".dbx" files from a previous installation of Outlook Express. I now have Outlook 2000. It is impossible to import them. Is there someway to move these into a folder or file within Outlook 2000. I really need to access these folders. Import them into the instance of OE currently on your computer and then export to Outlook. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0f3801c3a886$461fa970$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have several ".dbx" files from a previous installation > of Outlook Express. I now have Outlook 2000. It is > i...

Word locks up opening some DOCx files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have created a few word documents in Word 2007 on a PC. I brouhgt them home and cannot open. Word freezes up and have to quit the program then &quot;REPORT or Ignore&quot;. This is only on certain documents. I have other files, doc, docx on Mac and open fine. <br> I have 12.2.3 version of word, updated it. Could it be a font issue? thanks. The most likely issue is a missing update from Word 2007 on the PC. Word 2007 had a bug where it was writing bad XML. Since Word 2007 wrote it, ...

Does Excel file retain link to template?
In Word a document based on a template retains a connection to that template. Is that also true in Excel? Or does an Excel file based on a template stand alone once it's saved? Thanks in advance! Stands alone once saved. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 14:38:01 -0800, Sherlock <Sherlock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Word a document based on a template retains a connection to that template. >Is that also true in Excel? Or does an Excel file based on a template stand >alone once it's saved? > >Thanks in advance! ...

Transfer files
Can files from a win98se/fat32 sys. be transfered to an xp/ntsf system and still be viable ? Yes. -- Ronin "dan" <nospam@nsm.com> wrote in message news:O4wRREHwKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Can files from a win98se/fat32 sys. be transfered to > an xp/ntsf system and still be viable ? > > Yes and No! "dan" <nospam@nsm.com> wrote in message news:O4wRREHwKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Can files from a win98se/fat32 sys. be transfered to > an xp/ntsf system and still be viable ? > > "dan&quo...

Do installation files expand into more than one file?
Are there any files in an XP installation CD or any of the SP's that during installation expand to be more than one file? If the answer is no, I guess I'm thinking of .exe files that install programs, and in doing so expand the single .exe file into lots of files that get saved in various folders. Does anything like that happen when installing Windows or a Service Pack? Perhaps when installing a .CA_ files or a .CH_ file? Thanks The date and time was Thursday, December 10, 2009 5:07:57 PM, and on a whim, mm pounded out on the keyboard: > Are there any fi...

problem saving to file an HTML email message
When I try to save an HTML email message to a file I get an error message saying "Out of memory or system resources - close some windows or programs and try again." I have closed all other windows/programs except Outlook and I still get this message. I can save other non-HTML messages as text without problem. This is with OL98 and WinXP. And ideas on how to save an HTML message? Thanks for any ideas. John Keith kd0gd@juno.com ...

converting works 4.5 files to be read in excel 2002
Or can you even do this. I know you can convert works to word. Thanks for the help ...

temp files
How do you find and delete the temp files in Vista. Not the temporary internet files, just the temp files that are not needed. Thanks. Type %temp% in Start - All Programs - Accessories - Run -- .. -- "Karen F" <fetter@frontiernet.net> wrote in message news:%23FWmmtPrKHA.4220@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How do you find and delete the temp files in Vista. Not the temporary > internet files, just the temp files that are not needed. Thanks. You can also Download and use ccleaner.exe works great. http://www.ccleaner.com/ Russ -- Russel...

Opening files
My wife is a teacher and has been given some forms to print off which are in Publisher format, I have Pub 98 and it recognises the files and in the 'open', 'file preview' box it showes the image/form but when I double click for it to open fully to screen the script comes up to say that "Publisher cannot open files from a different version". Obviously I understand that comment but don't understand why I can see it in preview, the icons are recognisable as Publisher yet I can't open them? Any help please........ Thanks They are from a newer version. Yo...