"unable to start processing services"

Every time I start Outlook, two things happen: 1) I get
an error message that says "unable to start processing
services." and 2) an errror box appears that gives me a
choice to send an error report to Microsoft, and when I
close the box (doesn't matter which option I check)
Outlook closes and then opens again. The second time, I
still get the processing services error message, but
Outlook remains open. Does anyone know what is going on?
Please respond to this message with a copy to my email
address above. Thanks to anyone for their help.
0
jim.keyes (1)

Unable to open default email folder / unable to start processing services
Running Outlook 2002 from the Office XP CD. When start Outlook, msg: Unable to open your default e- mail folders. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. Then a 2nd msg: Unable to start processing services. followed by the last 3 msgs of the above message. I do have the files PSTPRX32.DLL on my PC and they are on the path. I have re-installed Outlook from the Office XP CD. Thanks! ...

Unable to start Processing services.
this is a pIII with microsoft xp+sp2 and office xp+sp3. whenever i start Ms outlook, a windows pop up saying: "<B>unable to start processing services. could not open the item. try again.</B>" what is that and how can i solve it. appreciate your quick reply. Do you have any add-ins loaded? Tools, Options, Other, Advanced Options, Add-In Manager and Com Add-Ins. See what's loaded and post back. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beg...

Error on start up "Unable to start processing services"
Running outlook xp on a exchange server. When I open Outlook i get the following message: Unable to Start Processing Services. You do not have permission to log on. I can access my OWA and if i log on to a different computer, and set up outlook i can access my messages. Just not on my machine. Any ideas?? Thanks, Bryan ...

Unable to start processing services
HELP My user gets this after about a minute of being logged in. User is on hard line to the network off laptop, in Office 97. Had user run a command switch from Outlook 2003 rebuilt profile and reinstalled outlook. Any ideas ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Unable to start processing services...
You do not have permission to log on. Since the worm fiasco (about 8/18 for our network), I have had this message prevent me from accessing my Outlook account except via Web Access. And it appears that in the very early days my "permissions" were actually removed at the server with no explanation. Once I added it back, Web access was restored, but still no client access. The rest of the staff have had no problems. I can access my account from any machine locally, just not mine. Machine: Gateway P III, 384MB, XP Pro (SP1), XP Office (2002) (SP2), no bogus apps... Steps taken s...

Unable to start processing services?
I have just installed Outlook (from Office XP Pro) and have set up my personal folders. My eMail accounts are established in the Control Panel Mail applet, and work fine with Outlook Express. Outlook gives me an "Unable to start Processing Services" dialogue box. How do I fix this? TIA What are you trying to do when you get this error? Are your accounts installed in Outlook? Have you used the Test Account Settings feature? What error message(s) do you get? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (inser...

Unable to start processing services. #2
this is a pIII with microsoft xp+sp2 and office xp+sp3. whenever i start Ms outlook, a windows pop up saying: "<B>unable to start processing services. could not open the item. try again.</B>" what is that and how can i solve it. appreciate your quick reply. ...

"Unable to start processing services. Could not open items. Try again."
I get the message whenever i start outlook XP. it's a relatively new issue. I have reinstalled Office XP several times (and updated to SP3) but nothing is happening. I cannot even open a new .PST file. It says that "Outlook cannot open/access specified folder". it makes no sense especially after a reinstall. Please help. TY in advance Try a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading...

Unable to start processing services. Could not open items. Try again.
Error encountered when I installed Microsoft professional XP 2002. The word works fine and so does the Powerpoint and Access. The outlook 2002 is just not happening. I can read messages from my hotmail accounts but I can not add any more accounts that will download messages ie school server. This is my situation: 1. New HP ze4805us 2. Laptop came with a packaged Trial 2003 Office Software which I uninstalled 3. Laptop came with microsoft works which I promptly also uninstalled. 4. Installed SP2 and other upgrades. 5. After those steps I installed 2002 Professional complete and Activ...

"unable to start processing services"
Every time I start Outlook, two things happen: 1) I get an error message that says "unable to start processing services." and 2) an errror box appears that gives me a choice to send an error report to Microsoft, and when I close the box (doesn't matter which option I check) Outlook closes and then opens again. The second time, I still get the processing services error message, but Outlook remains open. Does anyone know what is going on? Please respond to this message with a copy to my email address above. Thanks to anyone for their help. ...

Outlook 2003 error: Unable to start processing services. Could not open the item. Try again.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4CFD8.AF2C7B30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have an XP SP2 system on which I had Office 2003 Pro installed (no = Exchange Server, the PST is local). My Outlook was running fine but then = started to have problems so I thought I would remove and reinstall it. I = now get: "Unable to start processing services. Could not open the item. Try = again." I uninstalled/reinstalled ActiveSync 3.7.1. I ran scanpst.exe on all of = my .pst files a...