"Unable to display the folder"

 I am running Outlook Express, and when I go into tools
-> accounts -> view or change current -> change -> more
settings -> and click on the advanced tab to add... a
mailbox, I type in the correct mailbox name (i.g. ASFAX)
and click add. Click OK throughout, and when I get back
to my Folder List, I click on the ASFAX and it
says "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook
could not access the specified folder location."

I know the name of the folder is correct, and it works
fine. Other people in my organization can access this
mailbox just as doing what i did above. What might be
causing outlook to not allow me to access the mailbox? Do
I have to change any settings?

Thanks,
Brent
0
bwayne12 (1)

This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs.
Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different
program, despite its similar name..

You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an
Outlook Express news group.

Try posting in one of these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac for OE for Macintosh

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups).

A good website for information on OE is:
http://www.tomsterdam.com/

"Brent" <bwayne12@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>  I am running Outlook Express, and when I go into tools
> -> accounts -> view or change current -> change -> more
> settings -> and click on the advanced tab to add... a
> mailbox, I type in the correct mailbox name (i.g. ASFAX)
> and click add. Click OK throughout, and when I get back
> to my Folder List, I click on the ASFAX and it
> says "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook
> could not access the specified folder location."
>
> I know the name of the folder is correct, and it works
> fine. Other people in my organization can access this
> mailbox just as doing what i did above. What might be
> causing outlook to not allow me to access the mailbox? Do
> I have to change any settings?
>
> Thanks,
> Brent

0
cj6178 (257)

Unable to display the folder (have I lost my mail?)
I've just transferred all my mail from my mac via IMAP, and rather laboriously set up all my rules to get all my mailing lists in separate folders etc. Outlook has just decided that it can't display the two biggest folders because e:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings \application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. The file does not exist. I assume my mail is gone and I have to go and throw it at the IMAP server again, but could anyone tell me why this has happened and how to stop it from happening again? Is this all on a Mac?...

Outlook error..unable to display the folder..MAPI unable to load p
I have been using my Dell Axim for over a month with a new HP desktop just fine..until I installed Streets and Trips 2004 and it overwrote the Outlook 2002 that came with the Dell with Outlook 2003. Now I get the registry error every time Outlook opens or I try to sync the Pocket PC. I removed all the Outlook, Activesync, Streets and Trips programs I could find with Control Panel. I then re-installed the Outlook and Active sync that worked from the PDA software CD. I still get the registry error, and can't sync. I tried the regedit ideas from the Knowledge Base and did what I t...

I have used Outlook for a couple of years in a single PC environment. Now I get "unable to display the folder" when I try to access my inbox. All other folders are fine. I have looked at microsoft for help but do not find thei error. Suggestions? Thanks - Bill Cormier With Outlook closed go to Start > Run > type "Outlook /cleanviews" without the quotes, note this switch will wipe out all View Customisation "wgc" <wgc@pobox.com> wrote in message news:00ff01c395a2$bc5bcfc0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have used Outlook for a couple of years in...

Unable to display the folder...
I have been Using Outlook 2002 and have never recieved this error mesage before. I am connecting to an Exchange 5.5 Mail Server. During the same time this message came up Outlook failed to load some menu items and toolbars/buttons. I can do an advanced find and it shows all my read and unread mail but still my indox folder is unable to display my emails. I do not use the preview pane. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Regards, Alan May be a "corrupt" inbox folder. Look on Sue Mosher's Slipstick site for Ffolder Utility: Ffolder Utility: Utility to rename or delete ...

"Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location."
User's computer is on domain, and running exchange. Have setup the user on several different computers and has the same problem on all. When we setup the user's Outlook and go to the Outlook Today screen. Under the Calendar & Tasks Sections, you may go and open any item under it. Then you can add an item under the messages section, such as inbox. When you click on the inbox or any other item the Messages column, you get a gray screen with the message: "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location." Thi...

Unable to display the folder.
Unable to display the folder. Microsoft OUtlook could not access the specified folder location. The requested information store could not be found in the active profile. This is the error I get. How can i fix it? Carl S. ...

Unable to Display the Folder
I've had an interesting an perplexing problem and was wondering if anyone could assist. I've googled plenty and gone through the knowledge base, no answers. On Win2kPro box had office 2k running with outlook 2k connected to exchange 5.5 sp4 server. Everything OK. Upgraded to Office XP Pro and now for some reason my deleted items folder when clicking on the item under folder list view shows on the right hand side, "unable to display the folder". Using another machine with outlook 2k, I log in as myself and open my mailbox and can see the deleted items fine. The pe...

Error: Unable to display the folder. The Inbox folder cannot be found.
Gurus, Running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003/2007. Some of our secretarial users are tasked to look into their bosses Inbox, Contacts and Tasks. They do this by way of clicking File > Open > Other Users Folder. Sometimes ths works and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't work they get the error: "Unable to display the folder. The Inbox folder cannot be found". I've determined that this is not a rights issue as all concerned users do have the proper rights to their bosses mailbox of "Full Control" and "Read". Even when I try it against th...

ERROR: UNABLE TO DISPLAY THE FOLDER (INBOX ONLY)
Hi, can anyone please help? We are running Outlook 2000 and I have a user who's inbox cannot be displayed. All other folders i.e. Calendar, Contacts, Sent etc. folders can be viewed except for the Inbox. She has new messages in her inbox as displayed in the folder list, yet the error that is displayed when you click on the Inbox is: "Unable to display the folder" A bit of a long winded one, I know, but any advice would be appreciated. Exchange mailbox or pst-file? Can you view the folder in Outlook safe mode? -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Mi...

Unable to display the folder...
Hi! I just notice that I cannot access my folders on Outlook Public folder when created a shortcut on my Outlook Today, it just give me this error: Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location But when I will directly check the path, it is accesible. I am using MS Office Outlook 2003 SP2 on Windows XP Pro SP2 thru MS Exchange 2000. I am suddenly having the same problem. If you find a solution, could you please post it or, better yet, send it to me. Thank you "M P" wrote: > Hi! > > I just notice that I...

Unable to display the folder
"Unable to display the folder" error message when you use Outlook to access your mailbox in Exchange. Several of our 50+ users cannot open their Inbox, Sent Items or Deleted Items folders in Outlook 2002 running on Exchange 5.5 / NT4. All other users are fine. Their sub- folders under Inbox are fine, and they can send & receive emails fine. Can anyone suggest how to fix this?? Thanks ...

Unable to display the folder. #3
HI FRIENDS, i am sending mail throw MAPI from my VB application. after sending the mail somtimes outlook 2003 get hanged with the following msg. Unable to display the folder. Microsoft office outlook could not access the specified folder location another application closed unexpectedly while using your personal folders file �i:\mailbox.pst�. to prevent protential damage to your personal folders file, it will not be available until you close all applications currently using it. any one can help me plz. Thank you.:) -- priya815 Posted via http://ms-os.com Forum to Usenet gateway ...

Unable to display the folder. The inbox folder could not be found
I'm new to Exchange. I'm setting up a very small exchange system at home (MSDN), in order to learn a little about it before making the decision to move to it in the office or not. My home server is acting as both a PDC and Exchange Server. All appears to be fine, and I can access my exchange account, while my other half can access her exchange account. However, although I've given myself access to my other-half's inbox (sharing, given my user "Publishing Editor" access to her inbox), when I attempt to open her inbox from Outlook, I receive the message "Unable...

Outlook 2003: Unable to display the folder
I have Outlook 2003 SP1 (using Exchange). When I click to the Public Folders i get the message: "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The operation failed.". Is this a bug ... ? Any hotfix...? 10x ..Tom. ...

Outlook "unable to display the folder....."
Hi...BIG problem... I get the following error message: "Unable to display the folder. Another application closed unexpectedly while using your Personal Folders file C:\DocumentsandSettings\JanetJuneau\LocalSettings\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost To prevent potential damage to your personal folders file, it will not be available until you close all applications currently using it" HELP HELP HELP!!!!! Tried restarting your computer already? Which version of Outlook are you using? Which applications do you have installed which integrate with Outlook...

"unable to display the folder
for the file xxxxxxxx pst is not valid" I changed where the users save their files on the NT Server and now a users personal made folders aren't pointing to the correct place. Can someone tell me where to type the path name into so I can point these to the correct place. It's totally grayed out on the right side of the window with that error message when I have a folder chosen. Archive was simple, but there is no place for the others to be corrected on the drop down menus that I can find. One other thing is that these folders I am speaking of are imported folders and...

"Unable to display the folder ..." HELP PLEASE!!
I moved certain folders from Outlook 2002 by dragging the folders into a subfolder within "My Document" folder. Each of the folders moved in this manner contain numerous important emails. Now when I double click the moved folder which resides no longer in Outlook, but in My Documents, I get this error: Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location. Could not open the item. Try again. How do I get to the contents of these folders now? Signed, Desperate! Did you move the folders from the Folder List or did you just ...

Unable to display the folder error.
I get the following message when using Outlook. If I close Outlook then reopen it, it will work until I switch icons (calendar to contacts). "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. An error occurred that prevented the file M:\Outlook\cij.pst from being saved. Close and then restart all mail-enabled applications." Can anyone help me with this problem? ...

Unable to display the folder #7
Attempting to move email (folders & inbox) from outlook 2002 on an older PC to outlook 2003 on my new PC. I sent folders and inbox as attachments to my own email address and grabbed the email with my new PC. When I open the new mail on my new PC I get the following message "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location. Could not open the item. Try again." I got the message while attempting to open the attachments that contained the folders however I was able to open the attachments that had my inbox messages. Lookin...

Unable to display the folder #6
HI all, We have public folder here and share information. We can browse to any folders if we navigate it from public fodler>... ba ba ba >.. ... We try to setup outlook today, and create a shortcut to some folders. However, most of them works, just a few do not. The fodler is exist and workign properly if we do not use the shortcut. Even set that specific folder as a favourite works. Just can't wotk with outlook today. Once I click the short cut to that fodler form outlook today, it will say " Unable to display the folder. Microsoft office outlook could not access t...

Unable to display the folder #5
Hello, I'm running Outlook 2003 and Exchange server 2003. When trying yo display some search folders and the deleted items folder I get the message "Unable to display the folder. Could not complete the oertation. One or more parameter values are not not valid.". This happens only when I have configure my account to ues Cached Exchange Mode. Any suggestion on how to solve this problem? Regards, Jon ...

Unable to Display the Folder #4
When trying to open the inbox the right pane is all gray with the words "unable to display the folder". Please help! What version of Outlook? Are you clicking on the Inbox folder in the Folder List, or are you clicking on a shortcut to the Inbox folder? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:1c77701c4223e$8be342a0$a501280a@phx.gbl, Julie Mealy wrote: > When trying to open the inbox the right pane is all gray > with the words "u...

Unable to display the folder #3
I am not sure what I did, but when I click on my sent item I see an error showing "unable to display the item" but my in box is ok. Please help ...

Unable to display the folder. #2
I can't open my email. My inbox displays the following message: Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location. Item could not be found. I am Running Outlook 2003 on Windows 2000. Please help Jackie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I can't open my email. My inbox displays the following > message: > > Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook > could not access the specified folder location. Item could > not be found. > > I am Running Outlook 2003 on Windows 2000. Som...

Unable to display the folder #2
I'm currently using Outlook 2002 with Time Warner Road Runner. Today when I tried to access my Inbox I received the following message: "Unable to display the folder". I can open the other folders, but not this one. Any suggestions? Try opening Outlook one time with the /resetfolders switch. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Paul asked: | I'm currently u...