"TO" field, auto fill-in feature

my users have the "Suggest names while completing To, CC,
and BCC fields" checked which can be found from the main
OL interface by:

   Tools>Options>Email Options>Advanced Email Options

my problem is that some of the names that have been used
previously no longer work.  it will auto fill in the "To"
line with the correct display name from the Global
Address List but there is no SMTP address attached to it.

does anyone either now how to fix this or clear the cache
so i can see if starting from scratch will fix this?

thanx,
i.s.

Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting
the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow key to
migrate to the entry) and then hitting your Delete key before you tab out of
the field. To clear the entire cache, follow the instructions here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q287623

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"i.s." <cameron.wilson@langley.af.mil> wrote in message
> my users have the "Suggest names while completing To, CC,
> and BCC fields" checked which can be found from the main
> OL interface by:
>
>    Tools>Options>Email Options>Advanced Email Options
>
> my problem is that some of the names that have been used
> previously no longer work.  it will auto fill in the "To"
> line with the correct display name from the Global
> Address List but there is no SMTP address attached to it.
>
> does anyone either now how to fix this or clear the cache
> so i can see if starting from scratch will fix this?
>
> thanx,
> i.s.

0
russval (3097)
1/15/2004 5:15:44 PM
you the man Russ, thanx so much!

0
anonymous (74718)

scripto to cut/paste to next field
Here is my situation: 1) A page on IE will be open, and I will have a cursor in a field on the page (field that has text in it) 2) I need to hit a shortcut (ctrl-shft-something) that cuts everything to the right of the cursor, advances a field (effectively, replicates ‘tab’ action), and pastes Anyone have some code (and instructions on what to do with the code) that may solve the above? -- Boris "BorisS" <BorisS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4B54CE9-F2A4-4195-B2E3-ABA75A49202C@microsoft.com... > Here is my situation: > > 1...

text field to date field field
I have a database that has a text field called "visit" it has been filled with data ie., " 6/22/07 - not good, " the field may also be blank or it may contain random text after the date. In some cases no date at all just text. I would like to create a new field called DateVisit that contains just the dates that were entered in the field "visit" it has been a struggle and I have made no progress please help abbenj@verizon.net/nospam From your description, the field might contain a date, or a date and text, or text, or nothing. How would you explai...

DISABLE the auto return to sleep
I am looking for a way to DISABLE the auto return to sleep on an unattended wake up for XP SP3. I found this article for Vista. Looking for similar one for XP http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/171042-sleep-return-timeout-unattended-wake-up.html Thanks ...

splitting a field into two fields; one in ()
I have a Name field in my database that is LastName,FirstName(dept). I have figured out how to split last name and first name but I don't know how to leave out the department name that is in () after the first name. Any suggestions? Quick and Dirty way to get the field down to just LastName,Firstname is to use the following as an expression in a query: LastFirst:Left([Name],Instr([Name],"(")-1) This should give you all of the characters to the left of the opening parenthesis. You could then apply your method for splitting the First and Last Names. HTH ...

How do I cancel Auto Forward
I need to cancel an autoforward rule in outlook. I can not find the rule in rules and alerts. What type of email account? Did you configure it on the server? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use? http://forums.slipstick.com/sh...

Joining fields into one field dependent on value of another field
Hi, Below is a sample of data of a query which I need assistance in - Group Fertiliser ApplicationRate 1 TSP 3 2 EFB 230 3 Kies. 3 4 EFB 230 4 Kies. 3 5 TSP 3 5 Kies. 3 7 EFB 230 7 TSP 3 7 Kies. 3 >From this, I would like to create a field such that it shows eg. Group FertiliserDescription 1 TSP (3) 2 EFB (230) 3 Kies. (3) 4 EFB (230), Kies(3) 7 EFB(230),TSP(3),Kies(3) I am able to put Fertiliser and ApplicationRate together ie. Fertiliser& "(" &ApplicationRate& ")" My problem being how to add a statement saying th...

How to set color of field?
In ObjectPal I used the 'Arrive' event to set the color of a field or a record in a child table. This allowed the color to vary from one record to the next in a datasheet view. In Access, the 'On Current' event only works in form view. It doesn't work in datasheet view. The 'Format' event is only available in Report objects. The 'Conditional' format only allows three alternatives. How can Access vary colors from one record to the next in a datasheet, or datasheet-like view? "WDSnews" <wdsnews.0640@oregoncity.com> wrot...

Null Field to Interupt Closing
I am using this code to check for blank fields in BeforeUpdate: If NZ(Trim(Me!Date),vbnullstring) = vbnullstring then Msgbox "PLEASE ENTER DATE",,"Missing date" Me!Date.setfocus Cancel = True Exit Sub End if It almost works, except the form goes ahead and closes anyway. The user clicks the close button and the message box pops up if the field is empty, they click OK and instead of keeping the form open and then setting focus on the empty field, it closes the form. How can I get it to interupt the close and keep the form open? Thank you in advance for any...

Values in Pay To Field
How do I remove values from the Pay To list? Through syncing with my PDA, a number of the valkues have become corrupted and I want to remove them In microsoft.public.money, Mike McLellan wrote: >How do I remove values from the Pay To list? Through syncing with my PDA, a >number of the valkues have become corrupted and I want to remove them Go to Banking->AccountTools->Categories&Payees->Payees, right-click a Payee and select Delete the selected Payee from the drop-list. Alternatively use the Delete button at the bottom to deleted the selected Payee from the drop-list....

Auto transfer of row/ update
Hi Im trying to setup a system for our 'goods in' the attached shee would be on a pc at the 'goods in ' area hooked up to our network. I the office we have a individual parts list for each job. I want to b able to input a component on the parts list and when I enter a orde number in the cell at that row it will copy the row to a row on th attached sheet (goods in). When the tick box is ticked i.e th component is 'in' I want a cell on the parts list (in the office)to sa 'goods in' or some kind of alert. Any help would be great someone ha suggested using a VLOOKU...

bound unbound fields into newrecord vb2005
hi, I'am trying to make an vb2005 application.I've a connection with a accessdatabase. on a winform i've some field which were scanned and are displayed on a winform. I compare this data with the data in the database on the same form, in a dtagridview. However , when i've receive totaly new data, i've nothing to compare , meaning i have a new client. how can i add these new data which are displayed in unbound textfields into a new record in the database ? regards, Jef ...

inventory transfer log field, batch number and cost
I would like to know what part of the RMS application enters data into the inventory transfer log table and also appends a batch number and cost. Via PO, Transfer, or directly changing the avail qty in item card, the table is updated, but never with a batch number or with a cost. What part of RMS updates that table inluding the batch number and cost? Jami one more thing, the transfer type i am looking at is 5. "j" <jgill@savitas.net> wrote in message news:O29JBTKiGHA.1260@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I would like to know what part of the RMS application enters data in...

Adding time to date field
On the quote/order form, I want to have a custom made date field to be filled automatically with the date "createdon" + 1 day. If this is possible in an easy way, eg. by using workflow, could someone please explain exactly how I should do it? Thanks Hi Thomas, Workflow can help you on this. In a new workflow rule on create event; Insert Action -> Call Assembly -> Date and time functions -> Add date and time. Set parameter for this workflow accordingly. Than update the custom field with the value returned from workflow assembly. for your information, this can also be...

SQL Query to combine to text fields
I want to run a query that will append the Item.SubDescription1 field to the Item.Description. Something like this: UPDATE Item SET Description = Description + ", " + SubDescription1 Is this possible? What would be the proper syntax? Thank you, Tom -- The worst words in business: "We''ve always done it that way" -- Stop Fishing for eMail. Tom, UPDATE i SET Description = SUBSTRING(i.Description + ', ' + i.SubDescription1, 0, 31) FROM Item i - Evan Culver New West Technologies Terrible Tom wrote: > I want to run a query that will append the Item...

Custom Field
I need to retain some legacy information from data that will be imported into the GP general ledger. I think I that I need a custom field. What is the best tool for creating UDF's? -- Bennett Cikoch BEST,,,,,now there is an objective term. Best really depends on your skills and how custom you want to get or avoid. My recommendation would be Extender. No custom code, upgradable, someone else maintains the code....... -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http:/...

Linking Extender window fields to SmartList
If you have the fields in an Extender window already linked to an existing GP SmartList (like the Customers SmartList), will it let you link the fields from another Extender window to that same SmartList? Or is it only limited to one window? On my second Extender window, I have the SmartList link created but the fields do not show up. I'm running GP 9. Thanks. -Joe Joe, I have 2 Extender windows linked to the Customer Maintenance window and see both in the list of available columns on my Customers SmartList. This is in GP 9.0 SP 3. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use ...

Combine Two Fields Values for Totals Report
Hi Folks - I am tracking criminal cases. Each case has two combo-box disposition fields: DISP1 and DISP2. Both dispositions "lookup" the same list of dispositions, such as guilty, not guilty, waived and dismissed. I need to run a report that counts the COMBINED values of both disposition fields. So, for 4 cases, if the DISP1 field contained: Guilty Guilty Dismissed Waived and the DISP2 field contained: Guilty Dismissed Not Guilty Waived then I would need a query/report that counted the total dispositions. So the final report would be: Guilty 3 Dismissed 2 Waived 2 No...

form fields not saving to table

dates
Hi there - I am a new user, have only started using excel 2 days ago but am really enjoying it. I have managed to create timesheets that automatically calculate the time spent on a project. Anyway, enjoying it very much. So, I have dates running down the left hand column (A), eg, 05.10.05. Currently I am inputting these by hand because if I drag that cell down it creates 05.10.06, 05.10.07 etc. I have messed with the 'custom' setting and changed it to 'dd.mm.yy' but this has not solved it. Any help much appreciated. By the way, it's excel 2001 for mac. Tom -- small ...

Separate <Last> & <First names into two fields when data is singl.
-- JaysterBoo I can't see all of your question in the subject line--if you want everyone to be able to see it, you should put it in the body of the message. I'm guessing at the part I can't see, but it seems like you may want to look at the Data | Text to Columns feature in the Data Menu. tj "Jayster" wrote: > > -- > JaysterBoo Jayster, This site contains a series of formulas for converting names: http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/name_conversions/ ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Jayster" wrote: > > -- >...

Custom Field problem/ map field alternative
Under Leads, I want to create a drop down for the field 'Topic'. I was unable to do so inthe Schema as well as no luck in teh CRm Web clint itself. So, I created a new field in Leads: 'Topic Details' and generated a drop down for it. The Default field 'Topic' also exists under Opportunites and seems to populate itself from the data that was input for'Topic' under Leads. Now, for my custom designed field' Topic Details', is there a way that I create a field in Opportunities which populates itself from this (Topic Details) field for which values woul...

addresses missing in To: field
Hope some has seen this. I have two users who recieved the same email from someone on the outside. They were both addressed in the To: field. Person A gets the email in his inbox and sees all the people listed in the To: field. In Person B's inbox he sees the same email only his email address is in the To: field and not person A's even though the send put both of their names in the To: field of the originating message. Thanks If user B isn't seeing this problem with other senders, either the sender in this case didn't put both in (perhaps resent the message after mi...

copy value of regarding field in the to field
I created a custom entity for students. On that custom entity it is not possible to send an e-mail using the e-mail activity. The "to" field is not filled. Is it possible to populate the value of the regarding field to the "To" field? On Jul 18, 9:38 am, Remco <Re...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I created a custom entity for students. On that custom entity it is not > possible to send an e-mail using the e-mail activity. The "to" field is not > filled. Is it possible to populate the value of the regarding field to the > "To" ...

assign auto number and auto date
I try to design my own form. I want one of the cell to show today date automaticly everytime I open my template. And I want one of another cell to assign number automaticly like invoice no. Krit, have a look here http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Krit Kasem" <Krit Kasem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D7EAEB6-0843-494E-8701-80EFC...

Memo Field needs to include field name within field.
I need to add a memo field into a report and I need to have the data preceded by Note:. I used the expression "Note:"&" "&[Note] and now it appears I have a text field not a memo field. What is the best fix for this? Can you not just have a label on the report that says Note:? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "LMW" <LMW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06DF0584-90E9-4432-8CFE-F8FBE421AD77@microsoft.com... >I need to add a memo field into a report and I nee...