"The reminder for [Subject] will not appear because the item is not in your Calendar or Task folder. Is this OK?"

We use Office 2003 and a Small Business Exchange Server, so we can
share one calendar.

After we converted to the server-based Office from stand-alone, we no
longer can include reminders in our calendar appointments.

When we try to add a reminder we get an error box that says: "The
reminder for [Subject] will not appear because the item is not in
your Calendar or Task folder. Is this OK?"

=====
On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 08:46:02 -0400, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]"
<outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote:

[T]he error is because its not being posted to the default mailbox
folders.

So you are using Terminal Services to access Outlook, correct?  Are
they using cached mode?
=====

We are not using Terminal Services.  We are using cached mode.

So, will greatly appreciate your suggestions on how to solve this
problem.

Thanks.

Leo

We use Office 2003 and a Small Business Exchange Server, so we can
share one calendar.

After we converted to the server-based Office from stand-alone,
reminders no longer work.

When we try to add a reminder we get an error box that says: "The
reminder for [Subject] will not appear because the item is not in
your Calendar or Task folder. Is this OK?"

If we say yes, the entry will have a reminder, but the reminder will
not work.

=====

"Leo Bueno" <DELETECAPITALLETTERSleobueno@usa.net> wrote in message

> We use Office 2003 and a Small Business Exchange Server, so we can
> share one calendar.
>
> After we converted to the server-based Office from stand-alone,
> reminders no longer work.
>
> When we try to add a reminder we get an error box that says: "The
> reminder for [Subject] will not appear because the item is not in
> your Calendar or Task folder. Is this OK?"

It's fairly clear that you're not putting that reminder in a default folder.

This product: http://www.slovaktech.com/remindermanager.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)

"The reminder for [Subject] will not appear because the item is not in your Calendar or Task folder. Is this OK?"
We use Office 2003 and a Small Business Exchange Server, so we can share one calendar. After we converted to the server-based Office from stand-alone, we no longer can include reminders in our calendar appointments. When we try to add a reminder we get an error box that says: "The reminder for [Subject] will not appear because the item is not in your Calendar or Task folder. Is this OK?" ===== On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 08:46:02 -0400, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote: [T]he error is because its not being posted to the default mailbox folders. So you...