'the operation failed' error window in outlook 2003?

Every time when I open Outlook I get an error message 'the operation failed'
that goes away after a second but the progam does not open either. I have to
click on the icon a second time and the program opens right away.
I have all the latest updates including servicepack 2

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated.
0
Heidi (25)

Heidi <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Every time when I open Outlook I get an error message 'the operation
> failed' that goes away after a second but the progam does not open
> either. I have to click on the icon a second time and the program
> opens right away.
> I have all the latest updates including servicepack 2

See if something here helps:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm
--
Brian Tillman
0

Can I save e-mail from Outlook with attachments as a word doc.
I would like to back up my e-mail with attachments (either single e-mails or several thousand) to a simple word document with attachment for archival. Can this be done. I do not want to backup and restore as I don't any longer need most of the information. ...

Failed CommitChanges after SetExchAddressListPermissions
Hi! We deployed Hosted Messaging & Collaboration 3.0 for Hosted Exchange (Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 AD). We have created successfully Reseller and also Business Organization. BUT if we try to create Address List for this Business Org we get error: <response><errorContext description="Failed CommitChanges after SetExchAddressListPermissions on LDAP://ad01.ix.netplace.com/cn=mucix GAL,CN=All Global Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=netplaceExchange,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=ix,DC=netplace,DC=com Inner: General access denied ...

Saving Window Sizes
I use multiple Windows in running Outlook 2000. I clicked on Exit and Log off and when I ran Outlook 2000 again, the multiple windows and size reappeared. In Windows XP, I set up the multiple windows, close, but only the one window appears. The extra windows do not appear nor are the sizes the same. Has this changes from 2000 to XP? thxs srm Outlook 2002 has changed slightly, use File > Exit (which didn't work on Outlook 2000) "srm" <srm@primatech.com> wrote in message news:%23eGP$A2WDHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I use multiple Windows in running Outlook ...

Outlook 2003 drops Exchange 2003 connection
When the user runs Send/Receive, Outlook connects to Exchange then immediately disconnects with no error message and no event log entries at either server or client. The client is XP Pro, SP1 with Outlook 2003. The server is SBS2003 with Exchange Std. 2003. I activated medium diagnostic logging on IS/Mailbox/Logons and all it shows is the connect. How do I troubleshoot this? I'm new to Exchange 2003 but worked with 5.5 quite a bit. -- Axel Larson ...

Multithreading and accessing window pointer from thread
Hello All, There has been a lot discussion on this group about MFC Multithreading. Still I want to make sure one thing about How to access Window Pointer within thread I am passing Window handle as lParam of thread and want to access window pointer from thread, Code is like this void CMainFrame::StartThread() { AfxBeginThread(ThreadProc,this->m_hwnd); } UINT ThreadProc (LPVOID lpParam) { HWND hWnd = (HWND)lpParam; CMainFrame *pFrameWnd = (CMainFrame*)CWnd::FromHandle(hWnd); if(pFrameWnd && pFrameWnd->GetSafeHWnd()) { BOOL bFlag = pFrameWnd->m_bFlag; pFram...

Outlook Delevers Same Mail over and over
I had outlook 2000 and I could keep mail on the server and if I had the mail in my inbox it would not pull it from the server again now that I have installed 2003 I get the same mail every time I click the send or receive button. Any Ideas of what I need to do? Thank you Josh In news:OLblTqFdFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl, Josh <jsawyer@insightbb.com> typed: > I had outlook 2000 and I could keep mail on the server and if I had > the mail in my inbox it would not pull it from the server again now > that I have installed 2003 I get the same mail every time I click the >...

DateDiff Error
I have two identical forms, each with a DOB field and an Age field. I'm using the following expression to display the age in each form: =DateDiff("yyyy",[DOB],Now())+Int(Format(Now(),"mmdd")<Format([DOB],"mmdd")) On one form, it works perfectly. In the other form, I get a #Name? error. Why would it work in one form, but not the other? I was wondering if it was a formatting difference for the DOB field, but that isn't it. Thanks for thelp. Never mind, now it works. I don't have a clue why, but it does. Oh well. "Gntlhnd...

Slipstreaming updates on SBS 2003 Premium
Is possible to integrate all updates on a SBS 2003 Premium DVD install media, like XP on nLite? How get all updates? Thanks. Hi Tyler: While at first glance this sounds like a good idea, I don't think I would do it even if it were possible. Unlike XP media where one could use the same media for many installs, SBS is probably only going to be installed once. Once installed, the update process is automatic through WSUS. The alternative, of making a list, checking it twice, finding out whose naughty and nice just sounds like too much work - Larry Please pos...

Outlook 2002 is trying to send messages off line
When I'm working off line and sending new messages, they're going to Outbox folder. Every couple of minutes Send/Reseive dialog box apears with the message inside: Task "Microsoft Exchange Server" reported error (0x8004011D): "The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists." I've checked all settings and have not find the way to fix this problem. Please advise. Sincerely, Gary On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:29:01 -0700, "Gary Uber" <gary.uber@pearlabrasive.com> wrote: >When I'm working off line and ...

Error in COntacts
Hi Somtimes when i entered the contact form through the laptop client I get an error (after some reentering i succeed ) and than some of the crm toolbars are disapperead do you know what is the reason for this error ? the laptop client is doing a lot of troubles - what can I do ... -- Thx, Omry This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_08E5_01C737FC.F108CAC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable What version of Outlook are you running? What anti-virus add-ins are = you running? Do you have any more in...

RPC over HTTPS and Windows Firewall
I have our two office laptops configured via GroupPolicy to have full Firewall blocking when disconnected from the domain, and disabled Firewall when connected to the domain. I have also set up the server for RPC over HTTPS, and configured my Exchange to use this connection first on both fast and slow connections. Exchange does indeed connect. Lastly I have configured a laptop to work this way, and attempted to connect to Exchange wirelessly, with no luck. So, my first thought is that the Firewall is blocking the connection. Is this possible? I would have thought SSL was not blocked. My...

"the operation has timedout" error
Hi All, I am getting the following error. Is it possible to increase the timeout period of a web service? Event Type: Error Event Source: UKDynamics Event Category: (6) Event ID: 103 Date: 15/10/2008 Time: 14:41:52 User: N/A Computer: XXXXXXXXXX Description: Message:- Failure occured during Synchronisation of Locations from XXXXX to CRM. The operation has timed out Type:- System.Net.WebException Source:- System.Web.Services at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWeb...

just terrible excel calculating error, please confirm if you have same result
Hello! I spent many hours trying to understand what's going wrong with one complex financial worksheet. I found very, very strange Excel behaviour. Try to do this: 1. Open new excel workbook 2. Type "99.9" (without ") in A1 cell 3. Type "3" in A2 cell 4. Type "=A1/A2" in A3 cell 5. Type "=(ROUND(A3,1)-A3)" in A4 cell I have result in A4 which is NOT ZERO, and it's not possible result! Because 99.9 / 3 IS EXACTLY 33.3 and 33.3 minus 33.3 IS EXACTLY ZERO! If I enter "=ROUND(A3,1)-A3" result IS zero. If I enter "=(ROUND(A3...

M05 update fails.
Uninstalled M04 and installed M05 over a week ago. M05 said an update was available. I let it run and it said "Update Complete". Now, EVERY time I shut down Money, I get "Money is attempting to install an update. To complete, restart Windows, and then Money". In the last week, I tried the following to no avail. I've re-run the update several times, deleteted the mnyupdate.log several times and restored the registry to several previouse dates. It still gives me this msg EVERY time I shut Money down. Any Ideas or should I just go back to M04???? Frank ...

Outlook 2007 and MS CRM Client 4.0 Crash
Hello, After I have installed the 4.0 client my outlook crash very offen, before I had the client installed there was no problems with outlook, but after it's doing sometimes 10 time a day.....I have seen it on some other machines. I have all updates to Office and windows. Any one there have an idea for a solution. btw. I had the same problem in 3.0, but the rollup was fixing it there....but now it's 4.0..... -- Best regards, Anders Jeppesen MCP, MCTS, MPV KEYZONE ApS Is it a particular operation or area in the client that make it crash? What does it say when it crash? We...

Outlook fails to start after previously loading and shutting down...
When I start Outlook, it loads and runs fine. When I shut it down and restart Outlook, it fails to load. It gives me an hour glass for about 15 seconds then nothing. It will only restart after I reboot Windows XP. Any suggestions? - Chris cfusillo@thepulse.com www.thepulse.net www.thepulse.com ...

OWA login fails with Error: Access is Denied.
We are in the process of moving from one exchange server to another one, but having some troubles with OWA and login. On the first exchange server everything works fine with OWA, but on the second server OWA login fails after three atempts with "Error: Access is Denied." I have tried to compere settings on the two servers, but have not found differences. If I move an account from 2.server to 1.server OWA works, if I move it back OWA stops working. Reading email with Outlook works fine. We have Windows2003Server with sp1 and Exchange 2003 with Sp2 on both servers. The only difference ...

FAILED OPERATION
publisher will not connect to outlook when sending email attachment What version Publisher? What version Outlook? The Send This Page as Message command is not available when you click Send E-mail on the File menu in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "fits nicely" <fits nicely@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:452BD0E4-6742-4A99-B86E-3CB2AF88500A@microsoft.com... > publisher will not connect to outlook when sendi...

Runtime Error When Opening Help Pane
Everytime open the "Help" window in MS Money i get a Runtime Error. "A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug? Line: 7 Error: Expected ';' " ....when i select "No" to not Debug, it opens up the help window, no problem. but every time i click on a new link inside the help window i get the same runtime error and have to click "No". it's really annoying to have to do this every single time i click on something in the help pane. Can only offer empathy not help on this one since I have been getting the same error through severa...

Collection UserControls/Windows Controls
Hi, how do I create a new control that has a property type ItemCollection, I return a collection of controls (Windows, and those already created) by a ItemCollectionEditor (you can choose which type of control / usercontrol to add, and once selected, appears on the design surface and can move. Sorry for my English ...

Send Receive Error #3
5:41 PM 10/8/2007 Microsoft Outlook 2003 stopped sending email. (I receive email messages just fine.) After I choose to send messages from the menu, the program attempts to send a message for � 30 seconds; then I get an error message:"Send Receive Error -- Click Here for Details". Then the error message disappears after about � second -- I cannot get details. How can I fix Outlook? Thank you, Barry Karas P.S. I have Windows XP with SP2. ...

CRM 3.0 Outlook Client- Disable Email Tracking in CRM
Hi, Is there a way to disable "track in CRM" only for emails from Outlook client. Our client wants to be able to track appointments, tasks etc on CRM but not the emails. Any suggestions will be appreciated a lot!! Isil Hi Isil in outlook click on CRM and then options. under the Select the e-mail message to trak in Microsoft CRM, click E-mail messages that contain a Microsoft CRM tracking token and not All e-mail messages. You will need to restart outlook for the changes to take affect. "Isil" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way to disable "track in C...

New mail message give error
Every time I press "New mail message" I got the messages "A Program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook". If NO is pressed Outlook stop responding. It looks for me as the access is comming from Outlook itself? How can this be corrected? Kind regards What version of OUtlook and are you using Word as the email editor? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After se...

Dual cash drawer operation
I have a prospect that has a news and gift store, and also sells lottery tickets. He would like to use a separate cash drawer at the POS, to enable him to keep the state money separate from other sales monies. He wants to kick the second drawer for this transaction. Can this be handled at the POS? Thanks for the help. Ralph. Hi Ralf :-) Do they accept other tender types for these transactions "can I pay with VISA for lottery tickets?" I'm just curious... maybe Vince has some tips :-) I know this isn't the answer you are looking for... but how about at the end of ...

ole notes present button on allother windows
ole notes present button is existing only on employee maintenance window.it should exist on all other windows so that end users can attach the files. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dg...