'The messaging interface has returned an unknown error-if the problem persists, restart Outlook'

Hi -

I am running Outlook 2002, SP-2, under Windows XP Home edition, SP-1.  I use
MS Word as my message editor.

For the past few months, I get the following error message in a dialog from
Outlook:
'The messaging interface has returned an unknown error-if the problem
persists, restart Outlook'

 This occurs when I either create a new message or note or edit an existing
message or note and then leave it open for more than just a minute or two,
rather than closing or saving and closing it.

I have run the "Detect and Repair" menu option in Outlook several times, but
that has not solved the problem.

My outlook.pst file is under 500 MB in size, and my archive.pst file is
under 400 MB in size.

I also have MS ActiveSync 3.6 installed.   This problem arises regardless of
whether I am running ActiveSync 3.5, 3.6, or 3.7 running - I have tried
installing them all, and I can reproduce the problem with any one of those
versions running.   The problem did not occur before I installed ActiveSync,
but it did not manifest itself until I had been using ActiveSync for a few
months, so I speculate that it is not related to ActiveSync, but I am not
certain about that.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem?

Thanks,
Tim

0
tim1020 (4)

e-mail messages, from outlook, to cd, how to
hello there, i have a few thousant e-mail messages in outlook maps. i want to save them, i would like to burn them on a cd. i would like to move them just by one klik of my mouse i can rename them one by one, and then put them in a new map on C disk, an than burn them on a cd, but i want to do them all by just one mouse klick. please can you help me. What are Outlook Maps?? All of your mail is contained in a file with a .pst extension. You can export your folders that you want saved to a .pst file and then burn that to CD (you will need to copy it back to your hard drive and remove the r...

A SQL problem
I have this querie that gets information from different tables that works just fine, it is composed of 38 fields. Now I have TABLE-X that is composed of fields indentical to the ones in the querie. I want to transfer the info from the querie to the table. I only have 1 record to transfer but many fields. What SQL instruction should I use to transfer the data from the querie to TABLE-X. The querie goes like this : SELECT FA, FB,... FX FROM .... WHERE...; I maded an string for an UPDATE instruction but it is terribly long. Is their a better way of doing this ? Tha...

Getting a Runtime error
When importing a csv file into in Inventory wizard 140 Change Item Ordering Info. I am getting Run-time Error"-2147217900(80040e14)': Incrrect syntax near 'WHE" When I click on OK it closes the Store Operations Manager Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this hi sherie, tell me the format of your file , what fields you are using. "Sherie" wrote: > When importing a csv file into in Inventory wizard 140 Change Item Ordering > Info. I am getting Run-time Error"-2147217900(80040e14)': Incrrect syntax > near 'WHE" > When I...

Outlook Express should have a password system like Hotmail does
Outlook Express should have a password system like Hotmail does for a password to expire after so many days, a password tip help section to make stronger passwords, and a password meter to show how strong your password is. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane...

Opportunity Product Default Unit
Does it possible to load and fill the default Unit of opportunity product when used select a new product in Product lookup fields? So user does not have to select the Unit of the selected product every time even there is only one unit related with the product??? Do I need use querybyattribute / querybyexpress to retrieve the Unit from CRM database? Or it is not supported by CRM? I used following but not work, please help!!! ============================================ var lookupitem=new Array; lookupItem=crmForm.all.uomid.DataValue; //there is no value or undefined for the uomid.DataVa...

Chinese Character in Outlook Web Access
Why all chinese email read using OWA shows ???? but it is ok if I open it using Outlook. Please advise. Regards, Hello Gareth I believe I understand your question if not forgive me. Have you 1) Installed the Chinese language pack on the Exchange server running OWA? If so did you reboot the server that has OWA installed (this also in effect restarts the IISAdmin service) to set the changes? 2) Have you set language preferences in Internet Explorer on the client's computer by going to the "Tools" menu, clicking "Internet Options", and then clicking "Languages&...

How do you make Inbox messages stay bold until opened?
While in the Inbox, new messages are bold. Just by "passing" by them, the bolding is removed and it appears the messages have been read. How do you make the message remain bold until the message is actually opened? Tools, options, other, Reading pane button - uncheck Mark as read when selection changes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

Web Outlook & Exchange Setup need ideas #2
I currently have Server: Windows 2000 Server, Exchange 5. Clients: Windows 2000 Pro, Outlook 200 I am planning to install Outlook Web Access. I want to upgrade Exchange Server 5.5 to 2003. People say Ex 2003 does has installation probles with Win 2000 Server. Is this true Does Outlook Web Access have to be installed on the same box that is running the Exchange Server? If it has to be, will it work if I install Exchange Server on a different box and have its information store point to the information store of my original Exchange Server. And then install Outlook Web Access on the new box I a...

No message rules?
I just switched from Outlook express (which I really like) to Windows live mail. It did a very good job of finding my old contacts and messages, but I don't see my rules. I used to route incoming messages to specific folders based on sender or message title. I can't find the corresponding feature in Windows live mail. Am I just not looking in the right places or does Live mail just not offer the equivalent feature?? ED On the Menu Bar: Tools | Message Rules. Don't see the Menu Bar? The Alt button will temporally enable the Menu Bar, or click on the Menus ...

How to Pull Outlook contact info into Excel
Hey Group, I've got a spreadsheet that lists a bunch of contacts. They same contacts reside in Outlook. In the past I've always retyped the contact info into the spreadsheet. Is there a way that it can automatically pull this information? Or a script button I can click on to get the info? I've done some searching, but either not finding what i'm looking for or not understanding it completely. Thanks! Shaun In Outlook, click File, Import and Export,....... Shaun H wrote: > Hey Group, > > I've got a spreadsheet that lists a bunch of contact...

Pivot Series problem
I have a problem, I have a spreadsheet set up that lists my tip income, broken down in several ways (I am a poker dealer, a down is 1/2 hour on a table) Date Day Tourney Tourney Live Take Home Tax Payout ...etc... Downs Tips Downs Live Tips 3-20-06 Mon. 3 $21 5 $67 $28 3-21-06 Tues. 1 $9 4 $72 $19 I want to create a stacked bar chart, using the money values as the series making up the stacked bars. While this is not difficult in a regular cha...

Reject messages with custom message?
A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great if there was no longer a AD account and mailbox. Thank you, -Bob I suggest that you request a few thousand dollars to hire a programmer to write you a custom event sink so that you can comply with the policy. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "just bob" <kilbyfan-aol@net.com> wrote in message news:%23...

"Microsoft Outlook not responding"
My outlook 2003 is constantly crashes with the message "Microsoft Outlook not responding" has anyone any idea why? I have recently linked my sky account to outlook could this have caused the problem? You need to check your application event viewer. The error message you provide is too vague. Look for any Office or Outlook-related errors and post the eventID and source. "SteveK666" <SteveK666@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9375F9E4-EB60-4DA7-9F6F-F091EDBF7F86@microsoft.com... > My outlook 2003 is constantly crashes with the message ...

block messages
Hi all, can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. I have created Contact with internet email address (non AD user) I have tried Delivery restriction Tab to reject messages from specific mailbox (that Contact) in the internet, but it doesn't work. Is any solution, how to filter abc@abc.com on exch5.5 sp3 Thanks Marek On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:34:08 +0100, "Marek" <neco@necoteckaenco.com> wrote: >Hi all, >can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. >I have created Contact with internet email addr...

Anualized Percentage Return Problem
This calculation fails in Portfolio views (Total Annualized Return) and Reports (Annual % Return) which use it under certain conditions. The failure results in a blue-screen-of-death, that locks the PC (WIN98) using Money2000 or returns to the desktop using Money2004. The failure occurs on Mutual Fund accounts with about 20 years of transaction history. E.g., a test investment with a buy on 1/1/80, and no other transactions, will fail on report date ranges later than 1/1/80-7/29/03 in MONEY2004. Another failure occurred with a real IRA purchased 12/31/84, with many subsequent t...

Print quote for the client-Outlook
Hi. Some has a master document of example that is used for the functionality to print supply for the client of the client for sales of Outlook? I have a document but when the quotation has several products are damaged. ...

Outlook message rules for sent message from me.
Greetings, There has always been a message rule I wanted, and never asked about. So now I will. I default a copy of all my send messages to the sent folder. They are marked at read... which is good, because if I send the message, I obviously read it. <grin> At times, I wish I could send the message to other folders. Example. I have a folder called "family". If I send a message to "family", I'd like to be able to put a copy in the "family" folder. I know you could do this, but the message is not marked as read. Thus, the folder is bolded/...

Office 2003 and 2007 Word ignores certain spelling errors
I checked both versions (2003 and 2007) of Office Word to see if they recognized specific spelling errors. Spell checker seems to ignore any word that has certain characters embedded, like any number (0-9), asterisk, parenthesis, right brace, backslash, or left-arrow (shift apostrophe). When I'm banging along and I unintentionally hit a numeric key within a word, spell checker doesn't recognize the error. Why? Is there a fix for this? There's an option (in Word 2003, Tools > Options > Spelling & Grammar; in Word 2007, Office button > Word Options >...

Run-time error '429' ActiveX component can't create object
Tried running the Payroll Update Engine and I am getting this error message. I have tried reinstalling it and still no luck. I have been able to run this update in the past, but not sure what has changed to cause this. Any ideas? ------=_NextPart_0001_5DCA272E Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit A 'new' PUE.exe file was temporarily posted on the tax update web site, but it was found to cause these Active X errors. About 10 days ago, the former (original) version of the PUE.exe was put back out on the web site. If you install the PUE.exe from the tax u...

Problems opening Outlook 2003
YHi all, I have very recently upgraded office from 2000 to 2003, student and teacher edition. All but Outlook 2003 is working fine, when I open Outlook it says "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable" - Retry, Work offline or Cancel. I have tried choosing work offline but it then comes up with "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Your profile is not configured." It then closes :-( Any help much appreciated. Thanks Alex Do you connect to an Exchange Server or are you connecting to an ISP POP3 mail server? "AlexG" <AlexG@discussions.micros...

Excel 2003 get text after wraptext problem
Hi all I have a problem that is, to get the texts row by row and count the text line in one cell that wrapped in Excel 2003. After google search, in the previous excel, I can find and count "char(10)" to determine the line break in text string, but in Excel 2003, no any char(10) exists, even char(13) after wrapped (unless I type ALT-ENTER manually). Can anyone tell me how to do it? Thanks for help I don't know of any good way to count lines in a cell if the text wraps because of columnwidth. But you could use something like this to count the number of alt...

Uninstall Outlook
I have just installed MS CRM 1.2 on out network everythign appears ok. I have a new machine for our telesales person who was starting. Before I knew his name I thought that I would get his PC ready for him. I installed the 1.2 outlook client when I was logged on as the Domain Administrator and the client looked fine. However I need to add teh client to the users profile now that they have started work. When I logon as the user I can not install the client for them. I get an error saying that I should unistall it from the other user first. I wouold do this but when I logon as the admini...

adding my school MS exchange account to Outlook 2010
Okay, my school has set up a Student email account for me. According to the info page to access it I am supposed to access it thru MS Exchange Lab. Is there a way to add that account to Outlook 2010 or must I access it only via online. It's only a pain because I already have a regular windows live login so I'm always having to log out of one to log into the other. It would be nice if there was a way I could access, download and keep my school account/folders/emails seperate from my regular account, using Outlook. Thanks in advance for any help in this JLMJR JLMJR wr...

Exchange 2003, lost messages and tracking
AD 2000 domain, single forest, single domain, single exchange site Exchange 2003 Windows 2003 Ent I have a strange problem going on here. I’ve been receiving complaints periodically about users not receiving message with xls attachments. I sent the user and myself 3 messages from a test yahoo account with sequential subjects (1,2,3…) and a .xls attachment. I received all 3 messages and attachments to my account. The user in question only received the 2nd and 3rd message with attachments. The message tracking center shows all 3 messages being delivered with the final entry being “S...

Dictionary Assembly Generator (DAG) Errors
Hi all, I added a field in the SOP Entry window using the Modifier.Now I want to access it via the VS Tools. According to documentation, I have to create an Application Assembly using the DAG tool. But I am having trouble with the Dictionary Assembly Generator. I am in a dos window, in the SDK folder and issuing this command : dag.exe 0 "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP$GP10\Dynamics.set" /F This command returns the following error : "Error: Cannot find Application.MicrosoftDynamicsGp.dll. Generate Application.MicrosoftDynamicsGp.dll before generating Application....