'Subject' field is NOT displayed when I create new message

I am using OUTLOOK to check my home mail while in the office, hence it is
not set as the "default" email handler since my office mail is gets that
setting on another mail handler.

However, when I try post or reply to home mail with OUTLOOK, and I can, I
just have no way of entering or editing the message "subject".

Any suggestions?

William

0
noWDSspam (5)

While in the new message window, click View | Message Header and see if
the Subject field reappears.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

"William" <noWDSspam@pobox.com> wrote in message
> I am using OUTLOOK to check my home mail while in the office, hence it
is
> not set as the "default" email handler since my office mail is gets
that
> setting on another mail handler.
>
> However, when I try post or reply to home mail with OUTLOOK, and I
can, I
> just have no way of entering or editing the message "subject".
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> William

bingo ..... thanks!

I looked and looked and checked the help but this alluded me completely.
Not sure why this got suppressed in the first place.

thanks again!

William

"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" <jfiorelloNOSPAM@mvps.org> wrote in
message news:%23TxEg1RaDHA.2588@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> While in the new message window, click View | Message Header and see if
> the Subject field reappears.
>
> --
> Jocelyn Fiorello
> MVP - Outlook
>
> *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
> please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>

> "William" <noWDSspam@pobox.com> wrote in message
> > I am using OUTLOOK to check my home mail while in the office, hence it
> is
> > not set as the "default" email handler since my office mail is gets
> that
> > setting on another mail handler.
> >
> > However, when I try post or reply to home mail with OUTLOOK, and I
> can, I
> > just have no way of entering or editing the message "subject".
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > William

0
noWDSspam (5)

variable fields in workflow
Hi all, I need to insert variable fields in the body of an email. This email will be generated by a workflow rule after a quote has been transformed in order. The quote is created by a contact (which is linked with an account). I want to retrieve the field "name" from the account entity but I can't get any value using the default entity fields. There was a solution in 1.2 using the syntax : "&contact.accountidname;" Does anyone have a workaround in CRM 3.0 ? Thanks Lo�c The slugs from v 1.2 need to be upgraded for v 3.0. This functionality is now built-i...

subforms fields populating from a list of values
I have 3 forms 1 main form a 2nd subform1 related to that and a 3rd subform 1 related to subform 1. there are 3 tables. table 1 (main form built on) has a primary field called field 1 that relates to table 2 (subform 1 built on) called field 2. Table 2 has a primary field called field 1 that relates to table 3 field 2. I would like to know is it possible for a user if they select from a list of values in field one(table 1) of form 1 to show all data associated with that in the other 2 subforms? like a query would only in a form format Also is it possible to select from a list of values i...

Merging two FIELDS in Access?
Our firm had our database created by our technical support provider. They did an excellent job and addressed all of our needs. However, what we have found is that we need only one address (for both home and work), instead of having fields for both. I'd like to save myself the trouble of manually transposing each home address to business address, if possible. We have two types of people in our database, referring attorneys and clients. We have the clients' *home* contact info, and the referring attorneys' *business* contact info, and very few entries for which we have bo...

How do I create a schedule from a list of dates ?
I have a list of project tasks, which are subject to change (e.g. entering a new task at any point). The tasks are arranged in a list down the worksheet (so - task, objective, purpose, reporting to, etc). Each task also has a scheduled action date. I really want to produce a self updating calendar, based on this list, in a separate worksheet so that I can see a graphical view of what I have to do when ! Failing that, a timeline would be useful. I've tried using a Pivot Table but this doesn't seem to be the way forward. I'd really appreciate any suggestions. I played around ...

Programmatically create an "Add Schedule Task"
Hello, How can I programmatically create an "Add Schedule Task" ? Is there any sample code available? TIA, -jc >How can I programmatically create an "Add Schedule Task" ? I assume you mean that you want to create a task? Have a look on MSDN for ITaskScheduler and related facilities. Dave TaskScheduler API. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa383614(VS.85).aspx -Seetharam "jc" <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF7CA29F-1CA4-4F40-AE8E-895E824D93E9@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > How can I...

POs suddenly missing several fields of information
Users who were previously able to print a PO (Inquiry/Purchasing/Purchase Order Docs/...) suddenly printed POs which were missing: Vendor, Buyer, Last Changed, G/L Account #, and the space for G/L Account # was not in the right place. This happened after two users in Purchasing had been given new IDs, so access rights to reports and customized reports were double-checked and found to be intact. Then it was discovered that another user who's ID had not been changed (and who's rights belonged to another class which had rights to all reports) also was printing POs missing the i...

Create a macro in Outlook to run a rule
I created a rule in Outlook 2007 for e-mails that have certain words in the subject line, to be deleted. I have checked the rule and made it first but it does not run. I have to run it manually but clicking tools, rules and alerts, run rules, etc. This is pain to do. All my other rules run with no problem, this is the only one that does not run. So I thought I would make a macro on the toolbar and then just click on that and not have to click on tools, rules, etc. How do I do that? Sub RunRuleMyRule() Application.Session.DefaultStore.GetRules.Item("myRuleName).Exec...

How to display hours as days
using 2003. I reveived a schedule that shows duration as hours. I want to show the duration as days but I can't get the setting/options to make it happen. What do I need to do? meg99 Hello Glen, To convert duration to a measurement of your choice, choose Tools > Macros, Macro select the Format_Duration macro and click the Run button. I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along. Julie Project MVP Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional information about Microsoft Project "meg99" wrote in message news:f0f071b1-74ea-45...

Blank subject line
i m getting blank subject line as spam mail,i want to block that in my mail server which is exchange 2000 and i have symantec mail security for exchange 4.6.how to define blank subject line in antivirus for exchange or any other solution to block blank subject line . On 13 Dec 2006 04:23:31 -0800, "Devang" <dev009@gmail.com> wrote: >i m getting blank subject line as spam mail,i want to block that in my >mail server which is exchange 2000 and i have symantec mail security >for exchange 4.6.how to define blank subject line in antivirus for >exchange or any other so...

IE8 cannot display the webpage (but Firefox can)
Suddenly I can no longer access web pages with IE8 (running under XP). My Firfeox browser works OK as does Outlook Express. I removed IE8 using Add or Remove Programs, and downloaded a new copy of IE8. It still won't work right. "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." Does Firefox load your Internet Explorer add-ons? "You receive an error message: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage” http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956196 --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est bergiesplace wrote: > Suddenly I can no longer access web pages with IE8 (run...

How to get the "Caption" value for a field in a table.
I need to list all the field names of a table in a listbox. Since the field names are like "tblEmplFirstNm", I was hoping to display each field's caption value instead of the fieldname. I am using vba and loading the fieldnames into a multi-dimensional array, I want to add the caption value as well. I'm sure this property has to be available, but I can't find it. Thx. THANKS! David G. On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 19:34:49 -0500, David G. <Dweeber62@GMX.com> wrote: Here is an example: ?currentdb.TableDefs("Customers").Fields("ID").Proper...

Hiding Errora in Form Field
I have a form and subform. In the subform I have made a textbox "SubCount" that counts the number of records. On the main form I have created a new textbox "MainCount" and linked it to the textbox in subform SubCount. so it shows the same record. The issue am facing is that SubForm is based on a query and search fields. Sometime the Subform is Blank means when can not find any date. When the Subform is free the MainCount shows me erros "#Error". How can I hide that error message so it can be 0 or Just simply blank when Subform has no data -- Message posted via ...

How to add a leading space to an existing text field?
I have 2 columns of data that I want to concatenate, however, I need a space to separate the second column for readability. Example: column 1 (100) column 2 (n. baker st.) - result: 100 n. baker st. Excel 2007 =a1&" "&b1 If you ever decide you want to format the number (like a date or money or time): ="Your payment is due on: " & text(a1,"mmmm dd, yyyy") & ". Please include: " & text(b1,"$#,##0.00") & " payable to the IRS." richprince wrote: > > I have 2 columns of data that I wan...

Lookup Field Issues
I have a lookup field in a table that is "text" data type and restricted to values in the list. It works properly when entering data, meaning it won't let the enterer remove the focus from the field if the text they've entered isn't in the list. But for some reason it will allow text values to be pasted into the field even if they aren't in the list. I want to use the field to check for consistency in preexisting data using copy and paste. In my experience this should create a "Paste Errors" table with all the records having a value for this fie...

Public Folder
I have a mail enabled public folder that is able to recieve both internal and external post directly via email by sending a message to foldername@domain.com. My issue is that internal messages posted to the folder have message class: message and external messages have a message class:post. The folder has the property when posting to this folder, use IPM.Post. However the only other option is to use a form. Any help or clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. That is the default behavior for Exchange 2003 (different from Exchange 5.5) Here is an article that talks about how to ...

No Receipt to Display
What would cause the Batch Journal not to record a receipt, yet the Batch Z Report shows the sale was recorded. When the transaction is located in Detailed Sales Reports it exists... but when you call up the actual Transaction number in the journal, it says "No Receipt to Display" ? -- David Sinkins (DosBoot) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the sugg...

Subject in emails
Is there a way of transferring a complicated Subject from an email in Inbox to a New Post in OE6SP1 instead of laboriously writing it in? My OS in Windows XP Pro. Jan Why not just copy and paste ? -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com Redmond, WA "annonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" <janusz@de-kulik.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:OAdGRzg%23DHA.3220@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there a way of transferring a complicated Subject from an email in Inbox > to a New Post in OE6SP1 instead of laboriously writing it in? > > My OS in W...

An old subject Weeknum
I would like to show week numbers inside a cell that also contains the date e.g In cell A1 "01/01/2007 (1)" (1) being the weeknumber for that date, hope this makes sense, I have looked all over many of MVP website and can not find a workaround. Mark Hi Mark, =TEXT(TODAY(),"dd/mm/yyyy")&" ("&WEEKNUM(TODAY())&")" -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Mark Mowe" <MarkMowe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F10D753-EB45-41F8-BD9D-DE337262FCF5@microsoft.com... |I would like to show week numbers...

Hide a Field
Is it possible to hide a field on a form? (ex: hide the Shipping Method field on an Account) If so, how would you do so? Please advise. Thanks! You can remove it from the form by editing the form in the customizations area. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Cayla" <Cayla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B53EE6CA-F3F3-484F-97DC-25B50B73DDD4@microsoft.com... Is it possible to hide a field on a form? (ex: hide the Shipping Method field on an Account) If so, how would you do so? Please advise. Thanks! Hi Jack, For MS CRM 3.0 Beta , you have to as...

case "customerid" field
When opening a new case on the service side of CRM 1.2 the customer field, customerid, is defined as Unique identifier for the account or contact associated with the incident (case). We notice that there is also an accountid and contactid lookup field that can't be added to either forms or views. Our problem is that we find we can assign a case to a contact or account uppon creation but we then can't add the fields accountid or contactid to forms or views. We therefore have a problems where: a/ we assign a case to an account then we can't use the email from crm functional...

Project Server 2002 new install
I am working on a new install of Project Server 2002 on a clean Windows 2003 system. STS and Svr are on one system and SQL 200 is on another. STS seems to have installed fine and the database also. The Svr also seems to have installed fine along with it's database. I have run the COM+ utility successfully and also theProxycnf with the fake proxy option. However, when I try to first logon PWA using administrator it shows that it is logging on and then errors with the default HTTP 500 - Internal server error message. Thanks, Jim ...

Outlook 2000 emails stay as new
I have this problem. In Outlook 2000 my emails stay as new even though I have the settings set to mark them as read after I look at them in the preview pane. The problem goes away if I close outlook and reopen it. What causes this problem? ...

Instant Messaging List From Exchange
Hi Is there a way to dig out the list of all the user on whom instant messaging feature is enable... Rajnish using ldifde/csvde you can dump the displayName attribute of all users who have msExchIMAddress attribute populated csvde -f "OUTPUTFILENAME.TXT" -r (&(objectClass=user)(msExchIMAddress=*))" -o displayName -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Rajnish" <Rajnish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60D50D9B-DF1B-4703-8BCA-3233EE8B7A46@microsoft.com... > ...

Customize Fields in GAL
We are running Exchange 2007 SP1 with Outlook 2007 SP1. Is it possible to modify the fields that are displayed in the GAL? By default, it shows Name, Title, Business Phone, etc. I'd like to remove Title and replace it with Department. Can this be done, and if so, how? Thanks! > We are running Exchange 2007 SP1 with Outlook 2007 SP1. > > Is it possible to modify the fields that are displayed in the GAL? By > default, it shows Name, Title, Business Phone, etc. I'd like to > remove Title and replace it with Department. Can this be done, and if > so, how? ...

no subject
hi stranger, been a while. hope everything is going well with you & bobby. by the way, how's your'e mom an dad doing. healthy an well i hope? speaking of health, what's your thought's on obama's massive health care reform bill? think it's gonna pass? any how, i hope this finds you in great health & spirits. luv ya, randy ...