'Sent To Mail Recipient as Attachment' Not Working

Config:
Windows 2000 Pro
Office XP Pro

Using 'Sent To Mail Recipient as Attachment' from Word or 'Send Link as
Email' from IE are not working.  When selecting this option an email
will appear with the right attachment.  Clicking on the 'Send' button,
eventhough it is an active button, produces no results.  The email will
remain on screen as if 'Send' had never been pressed.  Looking in 'Sent
Items' verified that the email did not send.

There is a workaround to this although annoying.  First, save the
email.  Close out of it.  Reopen the email and then the 'Send' button
will function as normal.

What is the resolution to this so that the workaround is not needed?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jon

0
j_marrott (1)

SETTING UP MAIL BOX
I have tried various combinations of server & address for both outgoing and incoming mail without any success. Please advise a novice on what should be in the signing up boxes. Thanks in anticipation of your advice. Geoff Hutchinson "GEOFF HUTCHINSON" <geoffpat@sky.com> wrote in message news:OhAMOwayKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have tried various combinations of server & address for both outgoing and >incoming mail without any success. Please advise a novice on what should be >in the signing up boxes. > > Thanks in anticipa...

Sent to as attachment command
I was wondering if there is a way to set up a hyperlink that when clicked sends the workbook as an attachment to the person specified by the hyperlink?? Hi Tom A hyperlink can't do this as far as I know But you can use a macro that will send it to the address in the activecell Sub Mail_workbook() If ActiveCell.Value Like "*@*" Then ActiveWorkbook.SendMail ActiveCell.Value, _ "This is the Subject line" End If End Sub See for more mail examples http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro...

Mail
Hello: I'm just finishing up a 5.5 migration and I know this will go away in 2003 but I need to know this: In 5.5, we got a ton of spam destined for users@ourdomain.com whom actually had no account on our server. How do these spammers pull this off? Looking at the header, I see the mail addressed to noboby@ourdomain.com and yet there are recipients onour server that get it. How does this happen without a valid email address? How does the exchange server know to deliver this mail to john@ourdomain.com when it is addressed to nobosy@ourdomain.com Thanks in advance. May be blind ...

Publisher
If I have a postcard file I've already made on the screen, when I try to pull up the "Merge" feature under Tools, it is shaded grey and I can't open it. It insists that I either form a new database list of addresses or edit the one that I want to merge. I don't want to edit the one I want to merge. I just want to MERGE it. If, however, I have just a postcard template on the screen (without it having been made into anything, I CAN pull up the "merge" feature under Tools. It is not shaded out. How do I un-shade the merge feature and activate it for a ...

how do i openexcel spreadsheet sent via e mail
how do iopen aspreadsheet sent via email windows need to know what programme created it .i dont understand Hi Always copy the file on your harddisk first before you open it Never open it in the mail. Maybe they send a link to the file to you instead of the file ? You can try this Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver&qu...

email attachement
I received an email that has an attachement. The attachement is a forwarded email via the sender's Blackberry (I think) - if not it's fro his Groupwise account. When i double click top open the attached email, nothing happens. If i send this email to a co-worker, he can open the attachement. We both use Outllok 2007 so I believe it's a config setting for Outlook but i cannot figure out what setting needs to be changed so I can open that attached email. You fail to mention just what the attachment type is? "AJL2010" <AJL2010@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

where to store then signatures for outgoing E-Mails
We've an exchange server running and all of our clients use Outlook for E-Mail Communication. Each of our users have their own signature. The signature file (username.htm ) of every user is stored local on C:\.... Is the a possibility to store alle the signaturefiles on a global directory in der Active Directory or in teh Exchange Server???? Thank for Your help Mike from Austria wrote: > We've an exchange server running and all of our clients > use Outlook for E-Mail Communication. Each of our users > have their own signature. The signature file > (username.htm ) of ev...

Sent Mail, have mail in sent box not sent by me??
This has now happened two weeks in a row. How can I correct this? My computer is turned off when this is done. Email is being sent to people not in my contact list. Do I have to close this account in order to correct? Is it a Hotmail account? Recent reports of Hotmail Account hijacks http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=1fe6ed3e-eef6-4c57-933f-f3c408f1c5c1 If from another mail service, You can use the above as a guide for the sorts of things to check/change. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "eve" <eve@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Finding "missing" Sent Mail
Hello... My Boss just came to me in a panic as he had a message on his screen about consolidating his mail (how he describes it) and he told it Yes.. He now can not find his saved Sent Mail.... Can you help? Where did it go? Thank you... Hi Stan, Perhaps he archived his email? Open Outlook, click on Tools > Options > Other > Autoarchive and see if autoarchive appears to be turned on. If it is, this will show you the exact file the items have been moved to. Next you will need for Outlook to display this file within the user interface. To do that, click on File >...

No labels for sent or forwared mail
Sometimes when I am forwarding or replying mails label of message is not changing as forwarded or replayed. Where is problem and how I can solve it? Thank You. Girts You mean the icon doesn't reflect the change? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/291 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "girts" <girts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Outlook2000 deleting mail from server, but not downloading
I've found lots of posts in this newsgroup about people having trouble deleting items. I have a different problem. When I connect to my POP3 server to "Send/Receive Email" - it sends OK but doesn't receive any emails. After much troubleshooting, I discovered that mail is being deleted from the server, but is not being downloaded into my inbox (or anywhere else I can find). I had this problem a couple of months ago and switched temporarily to OE. Tried Outlook again a few weeks later (after changing nothing I could recall), it seemed to work OK. Now I've lost a bunch of...

Receiving mail with incorrect smtp address
Lately we've been receiving numerous messages that are received by someone but it's addressed to someone else. Is there a way the <to> address can be spoofed? For example, the headers show the recipient should be john_doe@email.com but the person who received the message is in no way associated to that address. Any ideas? Thanks "MS" <mark_sh@go.com> wrote: >Lately we've been receiving numerous messages that are >received by someone but it's addressed to someone else. >Is there a way the <to> address can be spoofed? you're j...

Trans. by Cat. Report not working
Hi all-- I've been using Money a number of years - just upgraded from 03 to 05 about a week ago. I've having problems with some of the reports. Specifically, on "Reports Home" page when I click on "Transactions by Category", there's a real quick flash, like it's going to the report, but then the window goes back to showing "Reports Home". A similar thing was happening with one of my "favorite" reports - I ended up going in to Organize Favorites, selecting the non-appearing report and clicking Customize. Then I saw that there were no c...

E-mail tracking
One question regarding e-mail tracking in CRM 4. How come CRM is tracking outgoing E-mails automatically? Sometimes private e-mails employees are sending. ...

MS Access automated e-mails Problem
I have several MS Access databases that send e-mails with Excel attachments thorugh the auotexec macro in MS Access. I am mdoing this with MS Access 97. After installing latest updates the e-mails aren't being sent and there is a mesaage asking for permissionm to send the e-mail. I need to turn thios feature off. how? ...

The representative cannot get copy of mail
Hi! we have Exchange 2003 and our users use Outlook 2003. The user A selects a representative B and enables that B should get a copy of mail which is sent to A. Unfortunately representative B cannot get any copy of mail. What is the problem? Is there any other option necessary to set? Best Regards Mustafa mustafa wrote: > Hi! > we have Exchange 2003 and our users use Outlook 2003. > The user A selects a representative B and enables that B should get a > copy of mail which is sent to A. > Unfortunately representative B cannot get any copy of mail. > What is the problem? Is...

Best advice for setting up a Treo 650 to get exchange mail?
I user just bought a Treo 50 (verizon) and is looking to get her email. What is the best approach. I know other users that have Windows powered devices can synch just as if they were at their desks, but is this doable with the Palm OS? Any advice would be apprecaited. Thanks, Andy If you have Exchange 2003 and some patience, you can use ActiveSync and Versamail to push to the 650 (not the 600, though). Haven't used ActiveSync myself much, but from reading traffic here it seems to work reasonably well. I use a 3rd party product myself, which of course costs money but is more ...

Can't Make this Work
I create a new Datasheet form from tlPB and get the "FIRST SQL VIEW". I then select DirectoryID and from the Row Source, I get the "SECOND SQL VIEW". I then select DeptID and from the Row Source, I get the "THIRD SQL VIEW". DirectoryID and DeptID are both Combo Boxes. Problem I want only those DeptID's that are related to the DirectoryID that has been entered in the Datasheet. Can someone show me how this is done? -------------------------------------------------------- FIRST SQL VIEW SELECT tblPB.PBID, tblPB.DirectoryID, tblPB.DeptID FROM t...

old email sent back randomly
Hi, I'm running exchange 2000 on a server 2000 professional, both exchange and windows with the latest patches installed. One user sent an email in september to a bunch of people with an attachment of around 800 KB. Randomly this email is sent back to some of the people recipients of the first email. The user who sent the email and who is in destination of this email, does not receive it. Some of the recipients do not receive it and a NDR is generated however their email address is correct. I've checked the outbox on both outlook and outlook web access on the user'...

Forwarded messages in body of email not attachments
Getting back to Outlook after 5 years of not having it...when I receive a forwarded message, the forward comes in as an attachment - is there a way to set it up so that the forward is part of the body of the original email? (I'm using Outlook Connector, in case that matters - two email addresses.) Thanks! "AnneCir" <AnneCir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7EBCE93-4C4B-48AE-8767-88F317AAB9B6@microsoft.com... > Getting back to Outlook after 5 years of not having it...when I > receive a > forwarded message, the forward comes in as an attac...

Reading a Mailing List
Hi, i'm an Outlook daily user and also a Mailing List subscriber, i subscribed a lot of them. I found that in other mail reader programs there is the possibility to see the email in a tree mode (as does Outlook Express for News Groups). Do someone of you knows if there is a good plug-in for outlook to achieve this behaviour ? Thank Claudio OL2003's grouping by 'conversation' seems to work pretty well for mailing lists. "Claudio Rosati" <web@claudiorosati.info> wrote in message news:ktCqe.1510$bc.65@tornado.fastwebnet.it... > Hi, > i'm an ...

SHARED DISTRIBUTION LIST DOESN'T WORK
Hi, I'm sharing contacts with another user on my exchange server. I can send out e-mails to individual contacts without a problem, however, when I try to send out an e-mail using his distribution lists, it brings up a box that says "No suggestions found." When I click on the distro list, I can see all the contacts/e-mails--some which are on the exchange server, some which are outside e-mails. Additionally, if I try to create a new distro list and type in new e-mail addresses, it still won't send, still giving the "No suggestions found" message. Basically, my di...

mail not sent
User had an Excel spreadsheet open and tried e-mailing it from with Excel. It would not send. Message would appear at top saying that the file has not been sent. Has happened with other users. ...

how to automatically show image attachment in e-mail
Hi, I wonder if there is any way to make outlook (2003) to automatically show image attachments without having to double click to open one at a time. Regards, Nattapon Only if the sender imbeds the image in RTF or HTML mail. As the recipient, you cannot force this. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Nattapon Chatprechakul <nchatprechakul@a4news.com> asked: | Hi, | I wonder if...

Preventing End users in Outlook from Deleting sent folders
I want to be able to prevent users from deleting their sent emails. Is there a way to do so on the server side? I've never heard of any way to do this...all you could do, if you need to ensure you have copies of all data, would be to enable journaling... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFE53D7E-E2D3-4AB8-98EF-A1F781791308@microsoft.com... > I want to be able to prevent users from deleting their sent emails. Is there > a way to do so on the server side? Nope. A user has full control over their *own* mail...