"Sent on Behalf of" using Outlook 2002 with Exchange 5.5

We're using Outlook 2002 with Exchange 5.5. I've setup the
delegates and permissions correctly in order to send on
behalf. The problem I'm having is that when the recipient
receives the message,
it doesn't state anywhere that the
message was "Sent on Behalf of".
what i need  to do
0
orly (1)

Are you sure you didn't assign "Send As" permission instead of "Send on
Behalf of" permission?

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:0a9401c3af72$05eb38e0$a501280a@phx.gbl,
orly@elron.net wrote:

> We're using Outlook 2002 with Exchange 5.5. I've setup the
> delegates and permissions correctly in order to send on
> behalf. The problem I'm having is that when the recipient
> receives the message,
> it doesn't state anywhere that the
> message was "Sent on Behalf of".
> what i need  to do

Sent On Behalf Of
Hi all! I read: ----------------------------------------------------------- For example, if a user called USER1 has been given such rights for USER2, then USER1 can send a message on behalf of USER2. If you want to create a rule such that all messages sent by USER1 on behalf of USER2 are moved to a folder called Sent On Behalf Of USER2, nothing in the Rules wizard lets you do that. One solution is to create a custom form that will be preset to a category called "Sent On Behalf Of." In this example, USER1 can use this form whenever he or she sends mail on behalf of USER2. Yo...

create rule to copy sent items sent on behalf of delegate
We have a few support accounts where delegates have permission to send on behalf of this account. The Sent items will appear in the "Sent folder" of the delegate instead of account owner; apparently this is by design. This is a problem for us, though, because other delegates of the account can't see what has been sent on behalf of the account, i.e., User A does not know the support emails sent by User B on behalf of support@company.com. KB317865 supplies a solution by way of copying all the items in the Delegates Sent Folder to the account owners Sent Folder. I would like to know...

"Sent on behalf of..." doesn't appear in messages sent by delegate
Outlook 2000 user/delegate sends on behalf of Outlook 2003 (XP) user, but recipients don't see "Sent on behalf of..." in message header. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you How is this delegate accessing the mailbox of the owner? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, David Becker asked: | Outlook 2000 user/delegate sends on behalf of Out...

Can emails be sent on behalf of a distribution group?
Hello, Our company needs to set up an email notification mechanism for informing our customers of upcoming events. The emails must originate from events@mycompany.com. Customers must RSVP to events@mycompany.com. Any email that is received on events@mycompany.com must be redirected to a few selected users. I created "events" as an email-enabled global distribution group. I also went ahead and added "Full Control" security for some of the users (including myself) so that "send as" can work for these users. Now, when an email is sent to events@mycompany.com, all ...

Invitation Sent On Behalf Of
We have a secretary who has delegate rights to her manager's calendar and email. She sent an Outlook (2003) meeting request on behalf of her manager to the members of a distribution list. The manager is a member of that distribution list (as well as the "sender"). The manager does not receive a copy of the invitation. Nor is it in his Sent Items folder. Is this the way Outlook 2003 is supposed to function? Did Exchange make the "decision" not to send the invitation to the manager because he is part of the distribution list? Or because he is the ...

Trapping emails sent on behalf of
I have a rule that moves emails from 'bob@random.rnd' * to another folder. But my rule does not cope when the email comes in like "H.R.Department@random.rnd on behalf of bob@random.rnd" then the rule does not work anymore. How can I write a rule to cope with this sort of annoying email? * Email address has been changed to protect privacy ...

removing delegates name from Sent On Behalf Of within outlook,
Hi can anyone tell me how to remove the delgates name when sending a mail on behalf of a generic email account ? . I would really appreciate the advise as having the delegates name displayed causes conflict in the work place You cannot do this with "Send On Behalf Of" permissions. The Exchange admin will have to set "Send As" permissions for those users on the AD object that holds the mailbox. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http...

Meeting Request Sent on Behalf Of..
Scenario: The secretary sends a meeting request on behalf of her manager, but it does not appear in the manager's Sent Items folder. Emails that she sends on his behalf appear in Sent Items but not meeting requests. Is this the way Outlook is supposed to function or is something wrong? Thank you! ...

Rules for moving emails sent on behalf of someone
I have a rule that moves emails from 'bob@random.rnd' * to another folder. But my rule does not cope when the email comes in like "H.R.Department@random.rnd on behalf of bob@random.rnd" then the rule does not work anymore. How can I write a rule to cope with this sort of annoying email. * Email address has been changed to protect privacy ...

outlook 2003
Hi, I usually send mails from our shared mailbox using the "on behalf of..." option. How is it possible to move these mails to a different folder with a rule? I couldn't find any option or way to do this? Is there a solution? Thanks, Marton Take a look at UniSent application here: http://www.ivasoft.biz/unisent.shtml -- Regards, Victor Ivanidze, software developer "VilMarci" <dontsend@here.com> wrote in message news:ej$oteyHFHA.1476@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I usually send mails from our shared mailbox using the "on behalf of...&qu...

"Sent on Behalf of" using Outlook 2002 with Exchange 5.5
We're using Outlook 2002 with Exchange 5.5. I've setup the delegates and permissions correctly in order to send on behalf. The problem I'm having is that when the recipient receives the message, it doesn't state anywhere that the message was "Sent on Behalf of". what i need to do Are you sure you didn't assign "Send As" permission instead of "Send on Behalf of" permission? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ...

"Sent On Behalf Of" not appearing in Outlook 2003
I have a client that is able to send on behalf of her boss in Outlook 2003, but she does not get the "sent on behalf of" thing. They want it. I've looked all over and it looks like it's just supposed to be there, not sure why it isn't. Any ideas? The sender has been granted the appropriate permissions on the manager's box, and has also added/attached the manager's mailbox in her own Outlook. Thanks in advance for any assistance here! John Make sure she doesn't have the Send As security permission on the user object of her boss in Active Directory...

Send as another user without "Sent on behalf of"
I would like to enable some of our users to send messages "From" another mailbox without the "Sender" header included which results in a "Sent on behalf of" message in email clients. I am using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. I've tried it with and without the "send on behalf of" permissions added under delivery options. I've even created a test mailbox store with a test mailbox. I then enabled a user to have "Send As" permissions on that mailbox store. I did NOT add "send on behalf of" permissions on the individual mailbo...