'Send immediately when connected' option in Outlook 2003 #2

I'm using Outlook 2003 with a single profile which contains two
accounts; a Microsoft Exchange Server account (for work email) and a
POP3 account (for home email). I have two questions:

In Tools/Options/Mail Setup there is a checkbox labeled 'Send
immediately when connected'. If I uncheck this option, any email I
send through my Exchange account sits in the outbox until I manually
perform a send/receive. Is this normal? The option's label suggests
(to me) that it applies *only* when starting up Outlook (a bit like
Outlook Express's 'Send and receive messages at startup' option).

Also, in my Send/Receive Groups I have an 'All Accounts' group which
includes the 'Microsoft Exchange Server' account and a 'Remote Mail'
account (I've created another group to retrieve my home email). Why
don't I have to schedule an automatic send & receive for the Exchange
account?

Thanks for your help,

Neil W. Garside

outlook express password #3
I want to password protect my outlook express so that you need the password to access new mail. why is it that even though the "enter password box" appears, you can still see the "in box" messages in the screen behind? if you "click" cancel on the enter password, you can still access any inbox mail that appears on the screen. is there a setting so that when you click outlook icon and enter a password to access, no other box appears on the screen? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outl...

No message in outbox

PowerPoint 2003 to accessible Word 2003 via VBA?
I'd like to extract all content from a Windows PowerPoint 2003 document and place it in a Word 2003 document, as Word to PDF conversion seems to provide better-quality tagging than a PowerPoint to PDF conversion. I know I can save the outline as RTF and open that in Word, but the outline does not include any of the following: - text added on a blank slide layout - text in a text box - tables. - images. Is there any way to copy all content from a PowerPoint presentation to a Word document, such that all text remains text and all tables remain as tables? Charles Belo...

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

Master Category List keeps reverting to default list
I have had the Master Category List revert to the default list several times now. This has happend at least 6 times since I upgraded to Office 2003 a year ago. This is annoying, as I have my own, different, list of categories that I use. I have used the good info that Sue Mosher provides at: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olcat.htm to make a backup of my catagories. Using the registry restore routine certainly makes the fix a bit easier than retyping all of the categories. Still, having to dink with the registry to keep outlook from destrying my data is more than a bit unnerving. Does...

change the colour of the "invert if negative" option in Excel
How do I change the colour of the "invert if negative" option for charts in Excel? (e.g., use green for positive and red for negative numbers) Checking the "invert if negative" box does change the colour, but without an option as to what colour to be used Hi, For explanation on how to control invert colour. http://www.andypope.info/charts/Invertneg.htm This approach is not possible in xl2007. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Luci" <Luci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03173739-0D7A-4037-8C5...

Word as Outlook e-mail editor
I'm using Windows XP and Microsoft Office XP standard, 2002 version. Word has always been my e-mail editor, but today when I tried to respond to an e-mail I got the following message: "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." After a delay, the form opens, but when I click "Send," Outlook crashes. Any suggestions? ...

Sending mail from remote location

Outlook 2007
Hi, I am having the following problem with Outlook 2007. Whenever I run outlook the CPU utilization goes up over 99%. I've been using OL 2007 for over 4 months and it was working fine. Tried repairing/recreating the OST and PST files. Tried disabling all Add-ins (LinkedIn, Outlook Connector, etc.) tried running Outlook in Safe Mode. Nothing seems to work. Anyone has any ideas as to what might be wrong?? I havent recently installed or uninstalled anything on my machine. I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 2, Norton Antivirus, RealSecure Desktop protector. Do you have iTunes/iPod...

Installing CRM SFO (Sales for Outlook)
Hi all, I know this has been answered before but I can´t find it on the newsgroups or in the knowledge base. What is the fix for installing SFO without the local user having Admin rights. I found the KB arcticle (https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYVTQUUXNNZOUKYPPPQSNNPQVXOKWVPZWKNZPWQPQPROKZKMLMMYLZSMKRLWVZOQWZZYTLUUVMQLVTLOKP) on how to do it buy granting admin rights to each of the users individually, but I remember reading somewhere how to fix this problem. Is there a hotfix or somthing? Ideas? David Try this link http://www.microsoft.com...

2.0 Threads, Join() and Invoke
Hi, I just want to run several threads at the same time. The code below just hang because - I guess - it can't access the TextBox.Text method. What is wrong with tis code ?! Thanks. Melina. public class Report { public TextBox _log; private List<RptTemplate> _listeTemplate; private List<CIF> _listeCIF; public Report(TextBox logTextBox, List<RptTemplate> listeTemplate, List<CIF> listeCIF) { _log = logTextBox; _listeTemplate = listeTemplate; _listeCIF = lis...

Send and Recieve Fix

Outlook 2002 XP no response

Unable to send?

Outlook not opening IE8
I am running Windows 7 64 bit, Outlook 2007 and IE8. Recently Outlook has given me an error message when I click on a hyperlink to IE, stating "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I am the administrator; what do I do? -- Larry "Larry H" <LarryH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE68908B-9B34-442E-B1C1-8022078730C9@microsoft.com... > I am running Windows 7 64 bit, Outlook 2007 and IE8. Recently Outlook has > given me an error message when I c...

Sending messages in Outlook

Web Access #2
Hey guys, I cannot user Outlook Web Access anymore, where can I troubleshoot this? You haven't said what version, and given very little information to go on, so this reply may be way off. You could start with the OWA troubleshooting guide: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/support/troubowa.mspx -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Melvin" <mrodriguez@nyas.org> wrote in message news:eh61ZzrWEHA.808@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hey guys, I cannot user Outlook Web Access anymore,...

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

CListView Problem #2
Hi, I have a strange problem that 'just appeared' a couple of days ago. http://reserveanalyst.com/images/ListView.jpg Both views are derived from my CLView:CListView. I also have a CLView object in another view not derived and driven from the doc that's fine. I can only hope this rings a bell as I've shut _everything_ off in the report view, (toolbars, initializing columns, writing rows, styles, tooltips, anything my derived class does.) The only thing I'm doing that is different than MFC is my doc manager deletes and creates views in the main frame, but I doubt th...

Can't find my pab file in outlook 2002
I can't find my pab file so I can copy my contacts to another computer. I don't know that Outlook uses a PAB file unless you specified it when you set that version of Outlook up. If you did, do a file search for *.pab. If not, then it should be located in a .pst. Are you using Outlook via POP3 for mail, IMAP, Exchange (usually a business environment? -- K. Orland Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny "Kathy" wrote: > I can't find my pab file so I can copy my cont...

Send Do Not Send

Lost Contacts in Outlook
I installed XP Pro over Home...how do I retrieve my Contacts? Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked: | I installed XP Pro over Home...how do I retrieve my | Contacts? ...