"Reply To" messages bouncing back.

When a message comes to me and I try to "reply to", the message just comes
back to me in the same folder as the message I am replying to. The "to"
address is correct, but it always just returns to me.

The problem seems to be related to folders. If a message is directly in the
inbox it works OK, but if it is in a subfolder of the inbox it doesn't.
Maybe this is the wrong way to organize folders? I have all my folders as
subfolders of "Inbox" rather than subfolders of "Personal Folders"

Thanks for any help

TMeisner

ButtZ <t_p_meisner@hotmail.com> wrote:

> When a message comes to me and I try to "reply to", the message just
> comes back to me in the same folder as the message I am replying to.
> The "to" address is correct, but it always just returns to me.

No need to ask more than once.
--
Brian Tillman
0
On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 09:00:57 -1000, ButtZ <t_p_meisner@hotmail.com> wrote:

> When a message comes to me and I try to "reply to", the message just
> comes
> back to me in the same folder as the message I am replying to. The "to"
> address is correct, but it always just returns to me.

Tools | Options | E-mail Options | Advanced E-mail Options | uncheck "In
folders other than the Inbox save replies with the original message."

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

"Ben M. Schorr - MVP" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in message
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 09:00:57 -1000, ButtZ <t_p_meisner@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> When a message comes to me and I try to "reply to", the message just
>> comes
>> back to me in the same folder as the message I am replying to. The "to"
>> address is correct, but it always just returns to me.
>
> Tools | Options | E-mail Options | Advanced E-mail Options | uncheck "In
> folders other than the Inbox save replies with the original message."
>
> --
> -Ben-
> Ben M. Schorr, MVP

How do you enable Auto-Reply to send a reply more than once?
We have a requirement for a "Delivery to Outlook Client" confirmation be delivered to the originator each time they request it using a keyword in the subject line. The reply is generated as a Client-side rule using a template to reply. The default settings on the Exchange Server (2003) will only permit this to be sent to an originator once, so the rule works the first time, but not again until the client is restarted. Is there a way to get the Exchange server to send out the confirmation everytime, i.e., not have the server remember who has received a reply in the past? This &quo...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

REPLY TO MANY WITH SAME REPLY
I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO MANY SEPARATE EMAILS WITH THE SAME ANSWER. LIKE HIGHLIGHT THE ONES THAT NEED THE SAME ANSWER, CLICK ON REPLY TO ALL AND HAVE THEM APPEAR IN BLIND COPY AND SUPPLY ONE ANSWER THAT WOULD BE DISTRIBUTED TO ALL. POSSIBLE? MICROSOFT 2003 "SALLY" <SALLY @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:645EC1BC-38F0-46AB-A1A8-83E0F34EBC14@microsoft.com... >I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO MANY SEPARATE EMAILS WITH THE SAME > ANSWER. LIKE HIGHLIGHT THE ONES THAT NEED THE SAME ANSWER, CLICK ON REPLY > TO > ALL AND HAVE THEM APP...

Reply to All -(myself)...
When I hit Reply to All, it automatically includes me. Is there any way to get it not to do this? Thanks! if you have two or more accounts, outlook has trouble knowing who you are. The workaround is either delete your name or create a rule to delete mail to and from yourself. BTW - Outlook 2003 does a better job at identifying you. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com &quo...

Reply to All includes me
Hi. We recently moved Exchange mail organisations and have been getting an annoying problem since the move. In Outlook, if I click 'Reply to All' on an e-mail sent by someone outside of our mail organisation the e-mail generated includes my address in the To list. This doesn't happen for internally generated e-mails. I have done some testing and re-installing Outlook doesn't fix this issue, nor does removing the services and profile. Formatting the computer and installing Outlook from scratch does fix it. Therefore, the problem is with the settings on the comput...

On Reply to/Forward to
Hi Outlook2007 SP3 when replying/forwarding a message sometimes the icon with the purpul/blue arrow is not showing... we have removed the mailbox and reinstalled - no change we have removed profile and reinstalled - no change we have cleared all views - no change we have moved the icon column to be 3rd like Outlook2003 - no change we have downgraded the SP to SP1 - no change Does anyone have an idea how to get the icons back so i'd know if I replied/forward this message??? With Outlook closed, rename the outcmd.dat file, see if that helps. "Anat" <Anat@discussions.micr...

Unable to forward or reply to a message opened in web outlook
I can open a message but when I attempt to reply or forward it, it diaappears. I recently upgraded to Windows XP. ...

How to send Outlook rule reply to reply-to address (not from address)?
By default Outlook 2002 sends rule-based replies to the From: address of the incoming email message. Is there a way to set-up the reply rule to send to the Reply-to: address instead? Thanks, -Keith ...

Cannot Reply To:
Strange as it may seem, one of the e-mail accounts I have set up in Outlook will not allow me to use the REPLY TO function. It sends mail fine. This applies to all e-mails I receive, not just from one party. Any thoughts? I have checked all the Account Options and everything appears to be fine! Thanks for the help if you can. ...

Reply/Reply to All buttons missing in OWA
In Outlook Web Access, when I click the Reply or Reply to All button, it takes me directly to my Inbox and closed my mail message. It does not even give me the opportunity to enter my reply and does not send the message. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing this and what the fix would be? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Christine OWA is part of Exchange, not Outlook, so for best results, try posting in microsoft.public.exchange.admin - and mention your version & SP level of Exchange, and your browser version/SP level as well....also...

Does Outlook reply to bcc recipients on a reply to all?
Hi I've just had a minor email disaster where someone, who shouldn't have received a copy of an email I sent, got one. The incoming email to which I was replying was sent to me and one other recipient. Clearly I could not see whether it had been bcc-ed to anyone apart from the two recipients I could see. I replied to all and could see that it went only to the intended recipients, but it became clear a few days later that someone else had received a copy. Given who they are, it seems possible that the original email may have been bcc-ed to them. Could my 'reply to a...

ES2007 reply to reply not sending out! HELP
I cannot successfully send a reply to a reply out of my sbs 2008 server. first send is successful, reply from outside is successful, reply to reply disapears in cyberspace! Internal email works fine - including replies to replies. Just mysteriously started happening. Server is using Pop Connector and Smart Host with a Dynamic ip(using dynamic dns service). Has been working fine for 9 months. I have been working on this for days! No errors in log, smtp log detail shows mail going through smtp, but recipient NOT getting reply to reply. On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 10:15:12 -0800, m...

why cant I reply to certain recipients by reply or forwarding
my emails keep coming back to me saying" service administrator unable to deliver", how can I reply to these emails without issues as mentioned? In news:9A521CC1-4973-473D-A887-3263C5B91DAA@microsoft.com, kjmac308 <kjmac308@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > my emails keep coming back to me saying" service administrator unable > to deliver", how can I reply to these emails without issues as > mentioned? Hi - When you post in here, always include your version, SP level, and mode (if applicable) of Outlook - you can find this information in Help | About....

Reply and Forward always open up Outlook ? Reply to Group is ok with OL
Please don't flame me as this is a Outlook group and this is a "half Outlook, half OE" question. For the last week, if I try to Reply (to user) or Forward I always get a small windows asking what profile do I want to use and the only choice is Outlook. Before it always opened in OE. I do use Outlook, but as a mailer and find OE easier to use on the newsgroups. How do I change this back to OE ? It only give me a option for Outlook and no options at all for OE. Help ! Thanks And yes, I have OE as the default for mail and newsgroups. -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www....

554 Transaction Failed // Reply to Tom
Tom, I had to post this as a question because I could not find a way to reply to you. Thanks for the advise! I have not used a forum like this and am surprised at how fast it was. That was the entire error msg, but your idea of blacklist appears accurate. I googled "blacklisted IP" and came up with "Spamcop.com" which has my IP as blacklisted. I had no idea this even existed. It lists the possible cause as a virus on my computer that may have come across via my e-mail. This makes sense because my "live update" on Norton is broken and I can't rei...

Reply to
Hello, I've got a single e-mail account configured on outlook (express), where I receive the redirect from other 5 accounts. I would like that when I click on "reply" the sender address is not the one that I'm using in outlook, but the one where I've originally received the e-mail, so the address for answers should depend on the "To:" field of the redirected e-mail. Is it possible? Thanks in advance! both outlook and outlook express use the account information that collected the message - so you'll have to either stop redirecting or select the sen...

Reply to and Reply to All populate senders name incorrectly
I have 3 users in our company that are experiencing reply and reply to all random issues, users state when they reply to an e-mail, they are getting a copy of the reply to their Inbox. Reply to all is expected, however it will sometimes add the user but not always. I have updated to Office 2K Prem with all updates and still am getting the same results. Has anyone had similar issue? Any help appreciated. Thanks, the_bry ...

reply to all
when i reply to all my name is in the list of addresses - how do i configure outlook 2000 to exclude my email address when i reply to all? Hi Sofia, I've written an Outlook 2000/2002 add-in that will automatically take yourself out of the list of people you are replying to. It will also (optionally) prompt you when you do a reply to all to be sure that's what you really wanted to do. It's called Reply To All and you can find it at http://www.SperrySoftware.com/Reply-To-All-Monitor.asp. Hope this helps! Mike Sperry http://www.SperrySoftware.com Find 28 Outlook add-...

Incomplete "reply to" address when replying to..
If I sent an e-mail and someone replied to that message, when I get the reply I see the e-mail address in the original message area is correct except the .com part is not part of the link. It is like there is a space before the . in .com, but there isn't and it isn't a comma. I have checked the address in my account setup and it is correct. What might cause the reply to address to become corrupted like this? The result is return messages are not arriving. I have just added the same return address to the Reply to settings to see if it helps. All I can think of is some securi...

Limiting ability to reply to Exchange Distribution lists
We currently have Exchange 2003 with many distribution lists. We have one distribution list that contains all staff (1000 + users). What we would like to have happen is to have all users be able to email the "ALL USERS" distribution list - BUT not have anyone able to reply to the message sent to this list. Many people have suggested going to "Message Restrictions" area and selecting "from authenticated users only" but this is not what I've described above. All user MUST be able to send to the list - just that they cant reply to ALL USERS messages that have ...

Cannot Reply to
I am using Outlook 2003 and cannot "reply" to emails. When I "reply" it appears to work, but in the "outbox" the replies are grouped under a "no date" header... The only way I can get them to send is to "forward" the reply... In other words I highlight the message in the outbox and click forward... it opens the message with the original address in the "TO" field and then I click send and it goes to the "Today" group and gets sent... The original "reply" remains in the "NO DATE" group and I then d...

Having 2 reply to addresses
Is is possible to have 2 reply to addresses active? I have IMA connected to my mail server, but I want to send some messages from on email address, and others from another. Is this possible? I am usin 2000 right now, but may upgrade to 2002 soon ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com campda2 <campda2.1041q4@outlookforum.com> wrote: > Is is possible to have 2 reply to addresses active? I have IMAP > connected to my mail server, but I want to send s...

Can I see the reply to address somehow before replying
When an email comes in I want to be able to see the reply to email address before replying. I know 95% of the time it is going to be the from email, but would still like to see it. I think the only way you can see it is to click Reply. Then read what it says in the To... field. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "minncal2002" <minncal2002@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

auto reply to email
when I try to set up a template it says to save as type and tehn click Outlook Template (*oft) but there is no such link in my list. what am I doing wrong? Using Word. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Darlene asked: | when I try to set up a template it says to save as type and tehn click | Outlook Template (*oft) but there is no such link in my list. what am | I doing wrong? ...

inbox message is eliminated when hitting reply, reply to all or forward
thanks to two people who gave me hints on what to do. The inbox message is eliminated if I reply, reply to all or forward. It is eliminated as soon as I hit send. It does not appear in the deleted messages. This only happens if I try to forward or reply. Any other inbox messages that I just read are still there. Bug in outlook? Do you have any filters set on your Inbox that might be hiding some of the messages? Go to View | Current View | Customize Current View and look at the text next to the Filter button... -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail add...