[Q] Command Line Switch for Outlook to specify profile....

G'Day,

- I have 2 outlook profiles on the same computer
- I dont want to log in to the same one each time
- I would like to create a 2 shortcuts - one for each profile
- So is it possible to supply a command line paramater to Outlook to
specify the profile?

TIA

--Donovan

The switch you want is /profile <profile name>

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Donovan J. Edye" <donovan@edye.wattle.id.au> wrote in message
> G'Day,
>
> - I have 2 outlook profiles on the same computer
> - I dont want to log in to the same one each time
> - I would like to create a 2 shortcuts - one for each profile
> - So is it possible to supply a command line paramater to Outlook to
> specify the profile?
>
> TIA
>
> --Donovan

0
suemvp (4038)

Trend Line
I have the following header: Ene-08 Feb-08 Mar-08 Abr-08 May-08 Jun-08 Jul-08 Ago-08 with data. If I ad a trendline that gives me an equation, lets say: y=-3242x+13 Being x the month, if I want to get data for month Sep-08, what value should I use for x=9? Is that applicable for all the months coming, lets say next february 09 would be x=14? JP If your Month values are just text, then yes. If they are real dates, Sep-08 is 39692, and Feb-09 is 39845, but from the looks of your data values I would guess that it's more likely to be text. -- David Biddulph &quo...

Line numbers some numbers are blue some are black
I have set up a custom filter to hide anything with a date in the field. It has been working fine until today and it stopped filtering. The only thing I can see is when it stopped filtering the line numbers turned black instead of blue. How do I correct this problem? It has hide all but 28 lines of 121, does it stop filtering after a certain number has been hidden? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Nancy you probably need to reestablish the range the filter is covering "nkt122866" wrote: > I have set up a custom filter to hide anything with a date in the ...

email problem with outlook 2003
I am using windows xp sp2 and the version of outlook is office outlook 2003 sp2 this is something that has happened over the last month or so, My email download stops downloading in the middle of its download I cant open any mail until I restart outlook then it downloads the mail and I can open it ...

Outlook attachments #19
I use Outlook to send/receive emails, and have been having problems sending emails with attachments. I have updated all the service packs, have worked with my computer manufacturer to remedy situation, and have also worked with my internet service provider to remedy situation. None of these has been successful in getting rid of the problem. I have Windows XP, and Office XP. The Outlook version is the version that came with Office XP. Exactly what is the problem(s)? Bob Rice wrote: > I use Outlook to send/receive emails, and have been > having problems sending emails with ...

Moving my Outlook Data
I want to move my outlook data files and my "My Documents" file to another larger (not primary) hard drive. Can you tell me the steps I need to take to do this? Paul With Outlook closed, move your .PST file wherever you want it. When you restart Outlook, it will complain it can't find the .PST file. Point it in the right direction. As for other Outlook files, some can be moved and some need to remain where they were originally installed. Check http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm for a comprehensive article on Outlook files to help you figure this out. -- Jocelyn...

=?Utf-8?Q?Hvordan_=C3=A5bnes_en_csv-fil_i_excel?= =?Utf-8?Q?_2007_=28Office_til_hjemmet_og_stu?= =?Utf-8?Q?di?=
Mit blodtryksapparat leverer data i form af en csv-fil. I min tidligere udgave af Excel (2000) gav det ikke problemer (heller ikke i OpenOffice); men i Excel 2007 åbnes filen i én kolonne - dvs. jeg får ikke oplysningerne fordelt ud i regnearket, så de kan bruges til beregninger af fx gennemsnit. Davs JCTC! Klikk på "Data" Velg ikonet "Fra Tekst" på venstresiden. Du må finne frem til .csv-filen på harddisken. En Wizard som kalles "Text import wizard" kommer frem. Velg "Delimited" og trykk neste. Velg "C...

q-q plots
I originally posted this in the excel.misc group but received no replies. I then found this group and it makes more sense to post here (I hope)... Is there anyone who can tell me please how to make quantile-quantile plots in excel? I have two sets of data (one with 500 records, one with 300) and I want to make a q-q plot of them. I am not sure how to handle data sets that do not have equal numbers of records. Thanks Chris Inquirer, Here's a site that might help. It notes that the sample sizes do not need to be the same: http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/handbook/eda/section3/qqplot.ht...

Understanding CDialogBar Command Routing
I am using the CSizingControlBar (resizable control bar) class from www.datamekanix.com. Since the message boards of that site are down and the author will not respond to email, I'm trying to resolve some problems on my own. I'm placing a child modeless dialog box in the control bar. Everything works great except that system keys (menu keys such as Alt+F--for File menu--and so on) do not work when a control on my child dialog box has the focus. To resolve the issue, I've been studying the source to MFC's CDialogBar class. I'm basically duplicating a portion of this code s...

Text box set to memo vs. Lines Coded on a report
I have a report which looks like a legal pad with lines. 24 actual spaces. The number of lines can not change. I have duplicated a form from Excel to eliminate using it altogether. So it looks just like the Excel Report. I coded the lines into the report. I am using a text box with data type set to memo. I have several issues. 1. If the data entered into the textbox from my form fits in to the text box on one line, then there is no problem. I can just move the page footer to more or less the right position to allow it to fit inside the coded lines. (It is not exact, but close...

Unable to Send HTML in Outlook 2003
A while ago I posted a problem regarding the failure of Outlook 2003 to accept my request for default e-mail format as HTML or Plain Text. As a consequence, e-mail recipients get winmail.dat files (and we have to manually format every e-mail to plain text). I noticed today that there is no option in our Outlook 2003 to change the formatting to HTML on the fly. Thus, I'm thinking that somehow Outlook 2003 has lost the ability to send in HTML (which is why it is sending things in RTF as opposed to HTML). Any thoughts on enabling HTML ability (or how to check to see if its been disabled)? ...

Outlook and OWA
I have 2 Windows XP PCs with Outlook 2000 connected to an exchange 2k server. Each machine is primarily used by one user. In the warehouse there are several users which do not have a permanent PC and use OWA to access their email. These users will use OWA to access their email account while the regular user is logged into the PC. Recently the two PCs which the floating user checks OWA mail on now will not let Outlook 2k open under the regular users account. The "unable to open your default email folder" message appears. I have noticed that if I try to use OWA the PC a...

Another Synchornizing Subforms Q
Okay I have a main form with 2 continous subforms. Subform1 - sbfmClientSearch with a wildcard search by client field. I type "Toy" I get every client that contains this text. I placed a check box so I can select the exact client I want to see details in Subform2. Subform2 - sbfmCustDetail I'm still struggling with the check box and linking the master/child fields. Is this possible? Any suggestions. Create an invisible (visible for testing) TextBox on the MainForm. Set the ControlSource to SubFormControl1Name.FORM.IDControlOnThisForm The ID should be availabl...

MS Outlook #3
How do I forward all emails from work to my PC at home using Microsoft Outlook and Windows XP. A real easy way to do this is to have your work client leave the messages on the server. Tools>Accounts>Properties>Advanced, check leave messages on server. Then when you get home, they are there for you. "John Hall" <hcddistributors@aol.com> wrote in message news:028401c36518$918a8260$a401280a@phx.gbl... > > How do I forward all emails from work to my PC at home > using Microsoft Outlook and Windows XP. ...

Business Card and Signature problem--Outlook Express
I wish to have my signature and address show up in text form at the end of my outgoing e-mails. I thought adding a business card would help, but all I got was a little index card icon that shows up at the upper right-hand corner of the message when the recipient gets receives it. Most don't even know what it is and/or don't bother to open it. I've received e-mails that contain the sender's information at the end, complete with their name in script. Can someone please tell me how to do this? Thank you. Sandy. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Of...

=?Utf-8?Q?Identify_Label_=E2=80=94_More_than_one_c?= =?Utf-8?Q?ell_with_label?=
I have a user who gets this dialog whenever she tries to modify a formula. She wants to multiply an existing formula by the value that is in cell AV5. However, when she activates the formula bar, then types an asterisk and an A (intending, obviously, to continue to type "...V5", the Identify Label dialog immediately pops up and says there is more than one cell with this label. It shows an "a" (without the quotes). It asks the user to select the cell containing the label to use. If she types in AV5, she gets a message saying "That cell does not contain a vali...

Outlook 2002/WinXP
has latest updates. has worked for about a year. takes forever to start, if at all. if it starts, response is slow. no error messages, just slow or frozen. what list of things should i try? seang <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > has latest updates. > has worked for about a year. > takes forever to start, if at all. > if it starts, response is slow. > no error messages, just slow or frozen. > > what list of things should i try? 1) Disable IM integration with Tools>Options>Other (it's at the bottom). 2) Close Outlook and delete or rename out...

Q-q plot in Excel
Hi there, Just wondering if there's any way you can graph a quantile quantile plot in Excel? Any help is appreciated alohomora1234 - > Hi there, Just wondering if there's any way you can graph a quantile > quantile plot in Excel? Any help is appreciated < There's a somewhat-related approach in this five-page paper that might give you some ideas: http://www.usfca.edu/~middleton/demand.pdf The first few pages discuss some perhaps-relevant Excel features. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

Outlook Exchange and Person Use
Hi, I'm using MS Outlook 2003 on my home PC. I access our exchange server via VPN and use a regular net connection for person email. Our company only carries email for 30 days, after that, it gets deleted. Is there any way to automatically move email messages older than 25 days to my personal pst folder from the server. I can't seem to create a rule to do it. Also, can I keep my personal pst file calendar and contact list synced with the copy on the exchange server? I looked at the slipstick site but couldn't seem to find a solution. TIA. Regards-Michael G. Yes you coul...

Deleting Line Items on POS
Hi All, There are times when the customer has paid but walks out without asking for a receipt. Some crooked cashiers will then delete all items from the screen, and pocket the money, instead of tendering the transaction. It's as if nothing happened! I understand the issue may be addressed by revoking the permission on Cashiers to View/Change the line item fields. However, mistakes do happen frequently and the involvment of managers to resolve every such small detail will considerably add to their workload and will be very cumbersome. I was wondering how others may have dealt with ...

Outlook with TLS/SSL
Greetings to all, I am configuring my Exchange 2003 box to accept TLS/SSL communications. I have already configured ( thanks to someone's reply here at the groups ) a second SMTP Virtual Server specifically for secure SMTP on port 26, which will then forward to the "normal" SMTP Virtual Server. First, I tested without SSL, and everything works smooth: I use a Outlook 2003 client on the internet side, and I am able to send and receive email. Then, I turn on SSL on POP3 ( port 995 ) and after configuring the client to connect using SSL, it also receives email from that ...

Outlook Inbox not receiving. Other folder in Inbox works.
I have 2 folders in Outlook Inbox. Can send from both but only receive in 1 folder. And both used to work until the 1 folder disappeared and had to be rebuilt. Flash, This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website is not all that clear and may have misdirected you. I suggest re-posting your question to this newsgroup, if you are using Outlook (not Outlook Express): http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general&lang=en&cr=US Tom Wickerath Microsoft Access MVP https://mvp.support.m...

How to get off line !!
Just upgraded to outlook2003 - problem is when I close down outlook the modem stays connected - even if I select the offline buttonin the file menu - so can only hang up the modem by switching off the computer - not always convenient !! Help ?? !! ...

Add dynamic line to chart
Hi, I often have the need to add limit lines, average lines, Standard Deviation Lines, etc., to charts, but the way I do it currently is pretty clumsy. Is there a more elegant way to do it? Say that I'm producing a line chart that shows data values over time. I have time on the X axis and the data plotted on the Y axis. Then I want to put a horizontal line that shows where the Mean plus One Standard Deviation is. I currently do this by adding another column to my worksheet and putting the same number in each cell in that column where the number is the Mean plus One Standard Deviation...

how to straighting line
i have writing a report but the words are not straight and in line can anyone help Not straight how? Perhaps you want your paragraphs to be justified? Press Ctrl+J. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "stevie l" <stevie l@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F4BE778-B206-4FAE-AEFA-D511B2200CD1@microsoft.com... >i have writing a report but the words are not straight and in line can >anyone > help > If everything is not lining up I would use an align left, cen...

CRM 3.0 Outlook Client hangs up Outlook after installation
We have just recently upgraded from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. For the most part, everything is running good. However, we have two laptops that don't like the CRM Outlook Client. After installing, whenever you go to Outlook, it runs fine until you try to do something CRM related (click on a button on the CRM button bar, click on a CRM related folder, etc...). Once this happens, Outlook locks up and the process Outlook.EXE hangs at around 40% CPU utilization and it just keeps eating up more and more memory until you kill the process. Both of these laptops have had CRM 1.2 client on them before....