*****PLEASE HELP ****** Outlook 2007 Hangs Boot

I just did a clean install of Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit (Works Great) but
when I Installed MS Office 2007 it worked great for a few days, now when ever
i start Outlook it hangs up and i get this Dialog box "Config Outlook
accounts " in the upper left corner, also the round swerling circle Blue or
Green and thats all i get. All of the other Office programs seem to work
fine, If I start Outlook in safe mode it seems like its opening for the first
time every time?? It looks like none of my view setting stay the same, If i
go to disabled Items there is nothing listed, Still does not work!
I've also tried to uninstall the office program all to gether with
Instructions from MS @ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218 then did a
clean install of Offfice 2007 And still the same problem...... PLEASE HELP
Todd
--
Thank You
0

Todd <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I just did a clean install of Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit (Works
> Great) but when I Installed MS Office 2007 it worked great for a few
> days, now when ever i start Outlook it hangs up and i get this Dialog
> box "Config Outlook accounts " in the upper left corner, also the
> round swerling circle Blue or Green and thats all i get.

Configure a new mail profile with Control Panel's Mail applet.  You'll need
to enable viewing of the 32 bit Control Panel.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)
11/6/2007 1:00:46 PM
Hey Brian,
 The wierdest thing, I cant find a mail icon under Control pannel, is this
becuase of 64-bit Vista ? I searched mail profile and cant find anything?
--
Thank You

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Todd <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I just did a clean install of Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit (Works
> > Great) but when I Installed MS Office 2007 it worked great for a few
> > days, now when ever i start Outlook it hangs up and i get this Dialog
> > box "Config Outlook accounts " in the upper left corner, also the
> > round swerling circle Blue or Green and thats all i get.
>
> Configure a new mail profile with Control Panel's Mail applet.  You'll need
> to enable viewing of the 32 bit Control Panel.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Todd1369 (159)
11/7/2007 2:21:01 AM
Sorry Brian,
(Maybe I should be drug tested)  :-)

 I found it and also i setup a new profile then deleted the old profile and
then rebooted... Still the same problem, So far i have uninstalled Office
2007 then reinstalled it, Created a new profile, all on top of a clean
install of Vista Ultimate 64-bit, all other programs work fine, Photoshop
CS3, Quicken 2007, and all the other office programs work fine???

Thanks so much for your help and FAST response
--
Thank You

"Todd" wrote:

> Hey Brian,
>  The wierdest thing, I cant find a mail icon under Control pannel, is this
> becuase of 64-bit Vista ? I searched mail profile and cant find anything?
> --
> Thank You
>

> "Brian Tillman" wrote:
>
> > Todd <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I just did a clean install of Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit (Works
> > > Great) but when I Installed MS Office 2007 it worked great for a few
> > > days, now when ever i start Outlook it hangs up and i get this Dialog
> > > box "Config Outlook accounts " in the upper left corner, also the
> > > round swerling circle Blue or Green and thats all i get.
> >
> > Configure a new mail profile with Control Panel's Mail applet.  You'll need
> > to enable viewing of the 32 bit Control Panel.
> > --
> > Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Todd1369 (159)
11/7/2007 3:11:01 AM
Todd <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I found it and also i setup a new profile then deleted the old
> profile and then rebooted... Still the same problem, So far i have
> uninstalled Office 2007 then reinstalled it, Created a new profile,
> all on top of a clean install of Vista Ultimate 64-bit, all other
> programs work fine, Photoshop CS3, Quicken 2007, and all the other
> office programs work fine???

While creating a new profile should have addressed this as well, try
deleting the hidden file
%AppData%\Microsoft\Outlook\{yourprofile}.srs, where "{yourprofile}" is the
name of your mail profile.

As far as you can tell, all of your accounts are configured properly,
correct?  Does the Test button for those accounts produce clean results?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)
11/7/2007 12:35:29 PM
Hi Brian,
 When I set up my new profile I called it NewOutlook, So when I went into
%AppData%\Microsoft\Outlook There were The old Files (Outlook.NK2,
Outlook.srs) I deleted both of these and i still have (NewOutlook.NK2,
NewOutlook.srs) Then I rebooted and still the same problem????

I did go into account setup and test my mail settings and they work fine,
Also everything in outlook seems to work ok in safe mode, I can send and
recieve mail just fine,

Again Thank You so MuchFor Your Help, and your FAST response

Todd
--
Thank You

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Todd <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I found it and also i setup a new profile then deleted the old
> > profile and then rebooted... Still the same problem, So far i have
> > uninstalled Office 2007 then reinstalled it, Created a new profile,
> > all on top of a clean install of Vista Ultimate 64-bit, all other
> > programs work fine, Photoshop CS3, Quicken 2007, and all the other
> > office programs work fine???
>
> While creating a new profile should have addressed this as well, try
> deleting the hidden file
> %AppData%\Microsoft\Outlook\{yourprofile}.srs, where "{yourprofile}" is the
> name of your mail profile.
>
> As far as you can tell, all of your accounts are configured properly,
> correct?  Does the Test button for those accounts produce clean results?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Todd1369 (159)
11/8/2007 2:10:01 AM
Todd <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> When I set up my new profile I called it NewOutlook, So when I went
> into %AppData%\Microsoft\Outlook There were The old Files
> (Outlook.NK2, Outlook.srs) I deleted both of these and i still have
> (NewOutlook.NK2, NewOutlook.srs) Then I rebooted and still the same
> problem????
>
> I did go into account setup and test my mail settings and they work
> fine, Also everything in outlook seems to work ok in safe mode, I can
> send and recieve mail just fine,

Since it starts in safe mode, that indicates you might have an add-in
causing the problem.  DIsable all add-ins, stop and restart Outlook, then
start enabling them one at a time and testing with each new enablement.  If
the problem recurs, you'll have your culprit, since it likey will be the
most recently enabled add-in.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)
11/8/2007 1:35:09 PM
Hi Brian,
 OK today I completely deleted all add-in's in Outlook 2007, then did a full
reboot, Still not working????  what else do you think i can try? I really
appriciate your help.

Thank You,
 Todd

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Todd <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > When I set up my new profile I called it NewOutlook, So when I went
> > into %AppData%\Microsoft\Outlook There were The old Files
> > (Outlook.NK2, Outlook.srs) I deleted both of these and i still have
> > (NewOutlook.NK2, NewOutlook.srs) Then I rebooted and still the same
> > problem????
> >
> > I did go into account setup and test my mail settings and they work
> > fine, Also everything in outlook seems to work ok in safe mode, I can
> > send and recieve mail just fine,
>
> Since it starts in safe mode, that indicates you might have an add-in
> causing the problem.  DIsable all add-ins, stop and restart Outlook, then
> start enabling them one at a time and testing with each new enablement.  If
> the problem recurs, you'll have your culprit, since it likey will be the
> most recently enabled add-in.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Todd1369 (159)
11/9/2007 3:30:01 AM
Todd <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> OK today I completely deleted all add-in's in Outlook 2007, then did
> a full reboot, Still not working????  what else do you think i can
> try? I really appriciate your help.

Alas, I've run out of ideas.  Perhaps someone else will be able to add a
thought.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)
11/9/2007 2:25:07 PM
Brian,

 Thank you for your help anyway..... I'm surre I'll get it figured out

--
Thank You

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Todd <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > OK today I completely deleted all add-in's in Outlook 2007, then did
> > a full reboot, Still not working????  what else do you think i can
> > try? I really appriciate your help.
>
> Alas, I've run out of ideas.  Perhaps someone else will be able to add a
> thought.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Todd1369 (159)
11/9/2007 2:55:06 PM
Todd <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Thank you for your help anyway..... I'm surre I'll get it figured out

When you do, post the solution.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

--
Thank You

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Todd <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Thank you for your help anyway..... I'm surre I'll get it figured out
>
> When you do, post the solution.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Todd1369 (159)
11/9/2007 8:46:00 PM
Dunno if you ever fixed that problem but did you, when you reinstalled
Outlook 2007, delete all the boxes? Eg, inbox and so on? The mail store file
may not actually have deleted and it sounds to me like it is corrupted. It
may be a sector error on the hard drive that is just keeping the whole thing
where it is. That being the case, do a full scan (long time needed) of the
HD first and then try Outlook to see if it just works now or if that isn't
the case, now reinstall it once more.

FYI, I got myself a brand new laptop back in June with Vista Ultimate 64
bit. I already had Office 2007 awaiting install on the laptop and I
installed it on a fresh Vista Ultimate 64 bit with no problems occurring
whatsoever. Of course, before opening Outlook, I *DID* manually cause a
Microsoft Update to occur and maybe that was the only difference - some
problem fixed before I got to it.

I would be interested to hear how you overcame the problem.

"Todd" <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> OK Will do..
>

> --
> Thank You
>

> "Brian Tillman" wrote:
>
>> Todd <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Thank you for your help anyway..... I'm surre I'll get it figured out
>>
>> When you do, post the solution.
>> --
>> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
lrb1 (101)
12/13/2007 8:50:32 PM
I never fixed the problem, Im not sure what the store file is, Is that the
PST file? I did do a Manual uninstall per microsoft instructions, will that
delete the store file? also i did do a full scan of my new harddrive and no
errors were reported.

Until then, I will continue to use Outlook in "Safe Mode"

Any help would be GREATLY appriciated

Thanks Todd
--
Thank You

"Diamontina Cocktail" wrote:

> Dunno if you ever fixed that problem but did you, when you reinstalled
> Outlook 2007, delete all the boxes? Eg, inbox and so on? The mail store file
> may not actually have deleted and it sounds to me like it is corrupted. It
> may be a sector error on the hard drive that is just keeping the whole thing
> where it is. That being the case, do a full scan (long time needed) of the
> HD first and then try Outlook to see if it just works now or if that isn't
> the case, now reinstall it once more.
>
> FYI, I got myself a brand new laptop back in June with Vista Ultimate 64
> bit. I already had Office 2007 awaiting install on the laptop and I
> installed it on a fresh Vista Ultimate 64 bit with no problems occurring
> whatsoever. Of course, before opening Outlook, I *DID* manually cause a
> Microsoft Update to occur and maybe that was the only difference - some
> problem fixed before I got to it.
>
> I would be interested to hear how you overcame the problem.
>
> "Todd" <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > OK Will do..
> >

> > --
> > Thank You

> >> When you do, post the solution.
> >> --
> >> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Todd1369 (159)
12/16/2007 7:18:00 PM
Yes PST is the mail store file. PST stands for Personal STore.

I would create a new PST (File, New, Outlook Data File), manually copy your
emails folder by folder to the new PST file then remove the old PST file.

>I never fixed the problem, Im not sure what the store file is, Is that the
> PST file? I did do a Manual uninstall per microsoft instructions, will
> that
> delete the store file? also i did do a full scan of my new harddrive and
> no
> errors were reported.
>
> Until then, I will continue to use Outlook in "Safe Mode"
>
> Any help would be GREATLY appriciated
>
> Thanks Todd
> --
> Thank You
>

> "Diamontina Cocktail" wrote:
>
>> Dunno if you ever fixed that problem but did you, when you reinstalled
>> Outlook 2007, delete all the boxes? Eg, inbox and so on? The mail store
>> file
>> may not actually have deleted and it sounds to me like it is corrupted.
>> It
>> may be a sector error on the hard drive that is just keeping the whole
>> thing
>> where it is. That being the case, do a full scan (long time needed) of
>> the
>> HD first and then try Outlook to see if it just works now or if that
>> isn't
>> the case, now reinstall it once more.
>>
>> FYI, I got myself a brand new laptop back in June with Vista Ultimate 64
>> bit. I already had Office 2007 awaiting install on the laptop and I
>> installed it on a fresh Vista Ultimate 64 bit with no problems occurring
>> whatsoever. Of course, before opening Outlook, I *DID* manually cause a
>> Microsoft Update to occur and maybe that was the only difference - some
>> problem fixed before I got to it.
>>
>> I would be interested to hear how you overcame the problem.
>>
>> "Todd" <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > OK Will do..
>> >

>> > --
>> > Thank You

0
test1951 (392)
12/19/2007 12:28:32 AM
Thank You Castell

I just created a new Data File and manualy transfered all my data, then
deleted the old file then rebooted and it still hangs on opening up outlook,
It will only run in safe mode????????

Thanks for the info I really appriciate all the help I can get!

Todd

"Castell" wrote:

> Yes PST is the mail store file. PST stands for Personal STore.
>
> I would create a new PST (File, New, Outlook Data File), manually copy your
> emails folder by folder to the new PST file then remove the old PST file.
>

> "Todd" <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I never fixed the problem, Im not sure what the store file is, Is that the
> > PST file? I did do a Manual uninstall per microsoft instructions, will
> > that
> > delete the store file? also i did do a full scan of my new harddrive and
> > no
> > errors were reported.
> >
> > Until then, I will continue to use Outlook in "Safe Mode"
> >
> > Any help would be GREATLY appriciated
> >
> > Thanks Todd
> > --
> > Thank You
> >

> > "Diamontina Cocktail" wrote:
> >
> >> Dunno if you ever fixed that problem but did you, when you reinstalled
> >> Outlook 2007, delete all the boxes? Eg, inbox and so on? The mail store
> >> file
> >> may not actually have deleted and it sounds to me like it is corrupted.
> >> It
> >> may be a sector error on the hard drive that is just keeping the whole
> >> thing
> >> where it is. That being the case, do a full scan (long time needed) of
> >> the
> >> HD first and then try Outlook to see if it just works now or if that
> >> isn't
> >> the case, now reinstall it once more.
> >>
> >> FYI, I got myself a brand new laptop back in June with Vista Ultimate 64
> >> bit. I already had Office 2007 awaiting install on the laptop and I
> >> installed it on a fresh Vista Ultimate 64 bit with no problems occurring
> >> whatsoever. Of course, before opening Outlook, I *DID* manually cause a
> >> Microsoft Update to occur and maybe that was the only difference - some
> >> problem fixed before I got to it.
> >>
> >> I would be interested to hear how you overcame the problem.
> >>
> >> "Todd" <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Todd1369 (159)
12/19/2007 4:22:00 AM
Castell <test@test.com> wrote:

> Yes PST is the mail store file. PST stands for Personal STore.
>
> I would create a new PST (File, New, Outlook Data File), manually
> copy your emails folder by folder to the new PST file then remove the
> old PST file.

That's not likely to help.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

"Todd" <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I never fixed the problem, Im not sure what the store file is, Is that the
> PST file? I did do a Manual uninstall per microsoft instructions, will
> that
> delete the store file? also i did do a full scan of my new harddrive and
> no
> errors were reported.
>
> Until then, I will continue to use Outlook in "Safe Mode"
>
> Any help would be GREATLY appriciated
>
> Thanks Todd
> --
> Thank You
>

> "Diamontina Cocktail" wrote:
>
>> Dunno if you ever fixed that problem but did you, when you reinstalled
>> Outlook 2007, delete all the boxes? Eg, inbox and so on? The mail store
>> file
>> may not actually have deleted and it sounds to me like it is corrupted.
>> It
>> may be a sector error on the hard drive that is just keeping the whole
>> thing
>> where it is. That being the case, do a full scan (long time needed) of
>> the
>> HD first and then try Outlook to see if it just works now or if that
>> isn't
>> the case, now reinstall it once more.
>>
>> FYI, I got myself a brand new laptop back in June with Vista Ultimate 64
>> bit. I already had Office 2007 awaiting install on the laptop and I
>> installed it on a fresh Vista Ultimate 64 bit with no problems occurring
>> whatsoever. Of course, before opening Outlook, I *DID* manually cause a
>> Microsoft Update to occur and maybe that was the only difference - some
>> problem fixed before I got to it.
>>
>> I would be interested to hear how you overcame the problem.
>>
>> "Todd" <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > OK Will do..
>> >

>> > --
>> > Thank You

0
lrb1 (101)
1/5/2008 11:54:22 AM
Brian,

Instead of that answer, can you say something that may help?

> Castell <test@test.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes PST is the mail store file. PST stands for Personal STore.
>>
>> I would create a new PST (File, New, Outlook Data File), manually
>> copy your emails folder by folder to the new PST file then remove the
>> old PST file.
>
> That's not likely to help.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
lrb1 (101)
1/5/2008 11:55:21 AM
A while back you said you deleted all add ins. I don't think you have. Do
you know how to delete add ins within Outlook? It isn't a simple delete.
Also, if you have ANY add ins in internet explorer, uninstall them all
(Google, Yahoo,  whatever) and try again. When you get "config outlook
accounts" it sounds like it is now trying to get you to set up new accounts
as if you have never done it before. It may be trying to import windows mail
or outlook express accounts if any exist on your computer at all.

Have you run Office Diagnostics from the help menu? What did it say?

> Thank You Castell
>
> I just created a new Data File and manualy transfered all my data, then
> deleted the old file then rebooted and it still hangs on opening up
> outlook,
> It will only run in safe mode????????
>
> Thanks for the info I really appriciate all the help I can get!
>
> Todd
>
> "Castell" wrote:
>
>> Yes PST is the mail store file. PST stands for Personal STore.
>>
>> I would create a new PST (File, New, Outlook Data File), manually copy
>> your
>> emails folder by folder to the new PST file then remove the old PST file.
>>

>> "Todd" <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I never fixed the problem, Im not sure what the store file is, Is that
>> >the
>> > PST file? I did do a Manual uninstall per microsoft instructions, will
>> > that
>> > delete the store file? also i did do a full scan of my new harddrive
>> > and
>> > no
>> > errors were reported.
>> >
>> > Until then, I will continue to use Outlook in "Safe Mode"
>> >
>> > Any help would be GREATLY appriciated
>> >
>> > Thanks Todd
>> > --
>> > Thank You

0
lrb1 (101)
1/5/2008 12:11:04 PM
"Diamontina Cocktail" <lrb@australia.com> wrote in message
> It SHOULD delete the pst

Uninstalling Outlook does NOT delete any data files......

0
gbplinux (1141)
1/5/2008 1:22:05 PM
Sorry I may be wrong there. I have uninstalled and had the PSTs go on
machines before but I honestly cant remember which versions of Outlook they
were excepting my own machine that had Outlook 2002 on it once.

"Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "Diamontina Cocktail" <lrb@australia.com> wrote in message
>> It SHOULD delete the pst
>
> Uninstalling Outlook does NOT delete any data files......

0
lrb1 (101)
1/6/2008 12:07:05 PM
Not possible. In no version of Outlook has uninstalling ever removed any
data. Even the profile and all its settings remain.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> Sorry I may be wrong there. I have uninstalled and had the PSTs go on
> machines before but I honestly cant remember which versions of Outlook
> they were excepting my own machine that had Outlook 2002 on it once.
>
> "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
>> "Diamontina Cocktail" <lrb@australia.com> wrote in message
>>> It SHOULD delete the pst
>>
>> Uninstalling Outlook does NOT delete any data files......

0
russval1 (2100)
1/6/2008 1:04:38 PM
Diamontina Cocktail <lrb@australia.com> wrote:

> Instead of that answer, can you say something that may help?

Things like new mail profiles or deleting the outcmd.dat and extend.dat
files are more likely to help Outlook hanging at startup.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)
1/7/2008 12:46:30 PM
Diamontina Cocktail <lrb@australia.com> wrote:

> Sorry I may be wrong there. I have uninstalled and had the PSTs go on
> machines before but I honestly cant remember which versions of
> Outlook they were excepting my own machine that had Outlook 2002 on
> it once.

Highly unlikely.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

However, to say something isn't possible assumes you know every little thing
about that machine. With Windows machines I have found that the moment I
think it isn't possible to do something with one, that thing happens. I am
still completely in the dark as to why a Vista Business machine, when you go
to Control Panel, rearranges all the Views in anything else you open up but
a Vista Ultimate 64 bit on the same network actually works normally in the
same situation. I would have said, when I looked up on Google, any answer
for this problem and finding many people complaining about it, that it
happens to all Vistas but clearly it doesn't.

> Diamontina Cocktail <lrb@australia.com> wrote:
>
>> Sorry I may be wrong there. I have uninstalled and had the PSTs go on
>> machines before but I honestly cant remember which versions of
>> Outlook they were excepting my own machine that had Outlook 2002 on
>> it once.
>
> Highly unlikely.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

A better answer than Russ Valentine's but still not right in the cases to
which I referred. As you seem to understand, nothing is impossible with
Windows. You just have to accept that you have to expect the unexpected.

0
lrb1 (101)
1/8/2008 11:34:26 AM
Diamontina Cocktail <lrb@australia.com> wrote:

> A better answer than Russ Valentine's but still not right in the
> cases to which I referred. As you seem to understand, nothing is
> impossible with Windows. You just have to accept that you have to
> expect the unexpected.

I think you have to accept that you're attributing the cause to the wrong
source.  I have no doubt that your PST was deleted as you claim, but not
because you uninstalled Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)
1/8/2008 1:19:55 PM
No one so far has provided steps to repro your claim, including you. Every
instance I've seen where users thought this occurred were simply a matter of
users not knowing where the data file was or how to search for it (PST files
are hidden). Enlighten us with the steps to repro so we can all learn
something new.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> Before you say "not even possible" you have to know the details in which
> it happened. It HAS happened to me before, unfortunately. I agree that it
> shouldn't but it did nevertheless. Does this mean that the particular
> machine had a problem which, when Outlook was removed, also happened to
> cause the PSTs to be gone? Well the machines it happened on were all
> working badly at the time for various reasons. I had just walked in to a
> new client and they had no idea about security, no firewall, no up to date
> and working antivirus, no anti spyware. So, sure, with all the other crap
> I had to contend with and get rid of before attending to that, yes it
> could have been caused by those machines being so invaded in the end.
>
> However, to say something isn't possible assumes you know every little
> thing about that machine. With Windows machines I have found that the
> moment I think it isn't possible to do something with one, that thing
> happens. I am still completely in the dark as to why a Vista Business
> machine, when you go to Control Panel, rearranges all the Views in
> anything else you open up but a Vista Ultimate 64 bit on the same network
> actually works normally in the same situation. I would have said, when I
> looked up on Google, any answer for this problem and finding many people
> complaining about it, that it happens to all Vistas but clearly it
> doesn't.
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Not possible. In no version of Outlook has uninstalling ever removed any
>> data. Even the profile and all its settings remain.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Diamontina Cocktail" <lrb@australia.com> wrote in message
>>> Sorry I may be wrong there. I have uninstalled and had the PSTs go on
>>> machines before but I honestly cant remember which versions of Outlook
>>> they were excepting my own machine that had Outlook 2002 on it once.
>>>
>>> "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message

0
russval1 (2100)
1/8/2008 11:16:08 PM
I have several brand new laptops(Sony Vaio 2.0 Ghz, 2Gmemory, 32-bit OS) and
HP workstations(2 G memory) purchased and installed Vista Ultimate(and
Enterprise)(from scratch) with Outlook 2007. All users are complained how
slow opening their emails and I tried pretty much as you guys discussed
below, and didn’t find solutions yet. I hate to call Microsoft at this time
but I’m posting here. Todd I’m with you and MS didn’t give any solutions…
what a painful products . One strange thing is XP with Outlook 2007 works
fine. But with Vista caused too much slow and slow… especially Outlook 2007.
OWA works wonderfully fine  but why NOT OUTLOOK 2007. If you know answers
please post, we are wasting too many hours and money because of MS.

hat <city_seoul@yahoo.co.nz> wrote:

> I have several brand new laptops(Sony Vaio 2.0 Ghz, 2Gmemory, 32-bit
> OS) and HP workstations(2 G memory) purchased and installed Vista
> Ultimate(and Enterprise)(from scratch) with Outlook 2007. All users
> are complained how slow opening their emails and I tried pretty much
> as you guys discussed below, and didn’t find solutions yet. I hate to
> call Microsoft at this time but I’m posting here. Todd I’m with you
> and MS didn’t give any solutions… what a painful products . One
> strange thing is XP with Outlook 2007 works fine. But with Vista
> caused too much slow and slow… especially Outlook 2007. OWA works
> wonderfully fine  but why NOT OUTLOOK 2007. If you know answers
> please post, we are wasting too many hours and money because of MS.

Did you install the Office 2007 performance update?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)
1/11/2008 6:30:51 PM
I have all patches up to today, and Office 2007 performance update
information is old then current updates. Am I missing something?

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> hat <city_seoul@yahoo.co.nz> wrote:
>
> > I have several brand new laptops(Sony Vaio 2.0 Ghz, 2Gmemory, 32-bit
> > OS) and HP workstations(2 G memory) purchased and installed Vista
> > Ultimate(and Enterprise)(from scratch) with Outlook 2007. All users
> > are complained how slow opening their emails and I tried pretty much
> > as you guys discussed below, and didn’t find solutions yet. I hate to
> > call Microsoft at this time but I’m posting here. Todd I’m with you
> > and MS didn’t give any solutions… what a painful products . One
> > strange thing is XP with Outlook 2007 works fine. But with Vista
> > caused too much slow and slow… especially Outlook 2007. OWA works
> > wonderfully fine  but why NOT OUTLOOK 2007. If you know answers
> > please post, we are wasting too many hours and money because of MS.
>
> Did you install the Office 2007 performance update?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

CToolBar Help
Hello, I've been trying to add a toolbar to my dialog following the example from MSDN a http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcmfc98/html/_mfc_ctoolbar.asp But for some reason I just can't add the toolbar I created. Here is my code: CToolBar m_toolbar; if (!m_toolbar.Create(this, WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | CBRS_TOP | CBRS_GRIPPER | CBRS_TOOLTIPS | CBRS_FLYBY | CBRS_SIZE_DYNAMIC, IDR_TOOLBAR1)) { MessageBox("Error -1"); } m_toolbar.LoadToolBar(IDR_TOOLBAR1); Could somebody please tell what, if anything, I am doing wrong? Thank you, V...

Office 2007 Professional: Help Files Issues
Gents, I cannot find a solution to this odd issue and before I submit a support ticket I thought I would ask the community. We have office 2007 professional (volume licensing) on a Window 2003 terminal server. We have a few users out of a bunch that get the "This page is unavailable" I have tried the Refresh and back. I've tried online and offline modes. In offline I get the table of contents to the left but same unavailable message when I click the links. I noticed on testing some other users, that apparently never used the help. That there are some prompts...

Outlook 2003 Messages and Calendar Appts Received as PLAIN TEXT
SGVsbG86DQoNCkkganVzdCBnb3QgYSBuZXcgbGFwdG9wIHdpdGggVmlzdGEgSG9tZSBCYXNpYyBv biBpdCBhbmQgSSBjb3BpZWQgbXkNCnBzdCBmaWxlIGZyb20gbXkgb2xkIGxhcHRvcCB0byB0aGUg bmV3IG9uZS4gRXZlcnl0aGluZyB3b3JrcyBmaW5lDQpleGNlcHQgYWxsIGUtbWFpbCBtZXNzYWdl cyBhbmQgY2FsZW5kYXIgYXBwdHMuIEkgcmVjZWl2ZWQgYXJlIGluIHBsYWluDQp0ZXh0LiBJJ3Zl IHNlYXJjaGVkIGV2ZXJ5d2hlcmUgZm9yIHRoaXMgZml4LCBidXQgZm91bmQgbm90aGluZy4gDQoN CkRvZXMgYW55b25lIGhhdmUgYW55IHN1Z2dlc3Rpb25zIGZvciBtZT8gDQoNClRoYW5rIHlvdSEN ClNwdWRkeQ0K me@cox.net <me@cox.net> wrote: > I just got a new laptop with Vista Home Basic on it and I copied my > pst file...

locked up outlook
I sent an email with a large file attachment and it has not gone through in hours. Both I and the person I am sending to has high speed T1 connections. This has locked every thing up on outlook. I have tried to delete the email, move it to draft and can not do anything. I have rebooted computer several times sence. Help ...

Spell Check Help
I have this code in the AfterUpdate in a TextBox set for a memo: If Len(Me!casefacts & "") > 0 Then DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSpelling Else Exit Sub End If everytime the spell check executs, it check the whole form. How can I get it to just check that one textbox and not everything else. bladelock wrote: >I have this code in the AfterUpdate in a TextBox set for a memo: > >If Len(Me!casefacts & "") > 0 Then > DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSpelling > Else > Exit Sub >End If &...

Help with Regexp, please
Hi, The regular expression (\d{15,16}) matches a substring in a cell. I want to extract the remaining part of the cell ie. from the character after the matched substring till the end of the string in the cell using a regular expression. Is it possible to do this? Thanks in advance for the help. Regards, Raj Raj, with abcd15,16xyz in a cell the code below abstracts abcxyz. Maybe you can use this as a basis to develop your code Function GetSubstring(S As String) As String Dim re As Object Set re = CreateObject("vbscript.regexp") re.Pattern = &quo...

Publisher 2007 Trial Help
I installed the trial version of Publisher 2007 and want to uninstall it now. I have tried to remove in the "add/remove" programs section. And I have also tried a suggestion I found in an earlier post about going to the "installer" and trying to uninstall it there. Oh and I tried repairing it and then trying to uninstall it. I can't even open the program from my programs menu and I can't get into the language section to check the language. It tells me that the language isn't compatible with my version or something to that effect. Nothing has worked...

Default Value on Form Help
I have a query that calculates the total of a field in my table - Field Name in my Table is Total Value which calculates the total for a series of records that has the same invoice number. Field in in my query is Aggregate Value. I now have a form where I bring in the Aggregate Value. I need to create another Text box Value Verified where I bring in the Aggregate Value as a default, but I may have to change it if the Value has changed - but the Aggregate Value has to remain the same. I tried using default value on the form for the Value Verified Text control that brings in ...

Outlook Disconnects
Equipment:I am using a LAN connection to my ISP. I am running Office 2000 Professional on a windows XP operating system. Problem: After I activate the send and receive button, the graphic in the lower left hand corner will show receiving 1 of 8 messages. After about 5-10 seconds I get an error message that says Outlook encountered a problem and has to shut down. It procedes to ask me if I want to send an error report which I do; then Outlook shuts down and my Desktop pops back up. Attempted solutions: I have uninstalled Office 2000 and re-installed it with no success. Have us...

PLEASE PLEASE HELP
I Have an emergency... I deleted a macro !!! I have 60 rows with checkboxes on cells A1 trough A60 that automatically as checked were inserting current dates on the cell next to it. for some reason a disaster happened and the macro was deleted or messed up. I tried searching for help in these groups, but none so far. I found one, but it is not a macro besides when I use that function all the other previous dates keep changing when other checkboxes are checked on in different days of the week. If you can please guide me to the right answer I will appreciated. Hope I made sense with my explana...

my beef with outlook
i just installed outlook 2003 and i was full of hope that it would be different compared to the prrvious version and most of all outlook express. no luck. i cannot understand why or how outlook express is more handy when it comes to hotmail accounts. 1. i am on dial-up and when i click send/receive, outlook goes "dead" for about 30 seconds and then it continues on to send/receive. (my pc is 1.2 Ghz celeron 640 Mb ram, so i dont think there is a problem there) 2. every time i click on a hotmail folder, it synchronizes with the server. fine . outlook express does thi...

closing Outlook 2002
I get this message... are you sure you want to permanently delete all the items and subfolders in the "Deleted Items" folder anyone know why and how I can fix this? Thanks >-----Original Message----- >I get this message... > >are you sure you want to permanently delete all the items >and subfolders in the "Deleted Items" folder > >anyone know why and how I can fix this? Thanks > >. Try this. In your Tools...Options folder click the Other tab and in the general section open Advanced Options and unclick the Warn before Pemanently Deleting...

Cannot access a file -- HELP
I have this problem at work (using Excel 2000 Windows 2000) and at home (Excel 2003, Windows XP Pro). SOMETIMES...not always, I try to access a file on a network drive I get the message: "path..filename could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name and verify that the file location is correct". Once I get the message on that file, I always get it on the file....but there might be 27 others in the same folder that I can open. And I get the message if I try to open the file via explorer or via Excel. If I copy the file to my C: drive it opens fine. I even tried t...

Sum Function Help Please
I have created two Option Groups, setting up values against the radio buttons. The output from both boxes works fine (thanks to the Wizard), however when I'm creating a formula on the report, I'm unable to add the two returned values together. If I type in =([Q1]+[Q2]) then I get both numbers concatenated together (ie returned value from Q1 is 1 and returned value from Q2 is 2, the answer I get is 12 !!!!.) Interestingly if I enter =([Q1]-[Q2]) then I get the correct answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated here. I could be wrong, but it seems like access i...

Outlook 2010: Missing ribbons
Hi A new installation of Office 2010 x64 shows not all ribbons only in Outlook as I write an email (3 ribbons are not present). All other Outlook-Windows as tasks and so on are ok. Neither adapting the ribbons nor resetting ribbons to defaults make them visible again. Unckecking and reckecking a invisible ribbon like the ribbon "options" does not help either. Where are these settings saved to? In the registry. . .where exactly? Thanks for your help. Patrick Patrick D. wrote: > A new installation of Office 2010 x64 ... Microsoft Office 2010 forum...

Outlook private folders
I have a user that leaves messages on the server. He has a ton of personal folders stored locally. Often times, when he drags a message or contact from the message pane Outlook all but seizes up. It takes a really long time to move the message. It only happens when he is dragging the file, and does not have to be a large file to do it. I have seen it do it on a 30K file. We have a 100mbps network and it should not hang up like that. The computer is clean (no other programs running), has a large page file, has plenty of ram, and all the service packs have been installed. There...

2nd request for help -PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
went through a windows update and was asked to reboot which I did. I had Outlook open and closed it before rebooting - it was opened to contacts. when I tried to access Outlook I got an error message saying "your personal address book could not be opened. the file is either not accessible or not a personal address book. choose retry to access your personal address book, or choose cancel to not open your personal address book with this application." I have no other application to open this address book with! my contact info is detrumental to me as well as my Calendar ...

Access is blocked from sending emails via Outlook 2000
I have a few macros in Access that send out emails with data to a list. Since we moved to Outlook 2000, that functionality is no longer available. Outlook spits out a message asking user permission to proceed with this. Is there some way to turn off this warning on a user level? That is, I don't want my entire organization to be able to do this, just a couple of people. TIA, Poorna. You'll need to either change how you do it from access or use Click yes. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - O...

In Word How do I switch off auto date insertion please
How can I disable? ...

Remove template help task pane from startup
I created an invoice using one of Microsoft's templates. The help template appeared when I was designing the invoice. Now that the invoice is finished, I would like for the help template to NOT appear. I went to Tools-Options and unchecked "startup task pane" and also went to Tools-Customize and unchecked "Task Pane". This made the task pane go away, but only until I opened it again. Is there any way to make it not show up every time I open the document? ...

Is this the right news group for Outlook Web Access questions?
I am trying to find a way to add search folders in Web Access for 'For Follow up' and for 'unread' as I have int he real client. Cheers. Robin No, an Exchange group would be better suited as OWA is a part of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Robin Jackson asked: | I am trying to find a way to add search folders in Web Access for 'For | Follow up' and for 'unread&...

Can't SEND SSL email out!! Please Help... it HURTZ!
OKay... being a bit silly about he hurting part. I have a strange email issue with some of my computers at home that I use for work. We have 4 computers. 2 of them work FINE, the other 2 have issues. I know the email accounts are working correctly because if I run them on the 2 *good* computers they work like they should. Configurations: (GOOD Notebooks) 1 - HP AMD-XP notebook with WinXP-Home SP1, Office 2000 2 - Sony P4 Notebook with WinXP-Home SP1, Office 2000 (Bad systems) 3 - Dell P3 notebook with WinXP-Pro SP1, Office 2002 4 - Compaq AMD-XP with WinXP-Home SP2, Office 2000 ALl ma...

Outlook Today [Archive Folder]???
Hi, outlook/office 2000, windows xp. Everything works except the folder list is called Outlook Today - [Archive Folders] and I dont have the option to rename it. Also my archive pst file in documents/setting/microsoft/outlook is still too big even after compacting, about 50 Mb in Outlook. pst and 70 MB in Archive.pst duplication is somewhere. I dont mind losing my inbox and sent items data, but want to keep the data in my Calendar and contacts. Thanks Roo ...

How to transfer Outlook e-mail archives into Outlook Express?
I'm convinced to abandon Microsoft Outlook as my e-mail client and return to Outlook Express. That decision is now weeks old, yet I still haven't done it ! ...Because I can't get any confidence about translating my archives from Outlook into O.E. I'm worried that the folder/file names use different extensions (as I think they do) in one program versus the other. Only Ork On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:35:06 -0800, "Only Ork" <OnlyOrk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm convinced to abandon Microsoft Outlook as my e-mail client and return to >...

Please Please Please help
Hi I have a Worksheet with option buttons and I need the users to be able to click on the options but not be able to drag or move them. I don't want the users to be able to click into or type anything in any of the cells - only these options buttons???? How is it done. I have tried unlocking all cells and then locking the individual ones, but the user can still drag the option button around and they could do this by mistake thus upsetting the design of my sheet! I have tried protecting the sheet for Objects - but then I can't click on the option at all ....Please someone help...