"Play a selected sound" in "create Rule"

I want to use "create rule' "play a selected sound" to notify me of messages
from certain people.  Screen is on "Create Rule" & "play a selected sound" is
not checked. The box beside "play a selected sound" says "chimes.wav"
When I check box for "play a selected sound" & do "Browse" to get to
'Control Panel'  'Sounds and Audio Devices', I get the message: 'The file
name, or format 'Control Panel" is not valid.  Type the file name and
location in the correct format, such as c:\location\file name.'
I get this message whether I choose in "File of type:" 'sound files' or 'all
files.'  And these are my only choices.
How do I make the 'Control Panel' 'Sounds and Audio Devices' file show up so
that I can choose from that group of sounds?
Thank you.
--
Trish
0

Not an Outlook problem but a problem with your Operating System.  You may
want to post to a Windows group for your version of the Operating System.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Trish asked:

| I want to use "create rule' "play a selected sound" to notify me of
| messages from certain people.  Screen is on "Create Rule" & "play a
| selected sound" is not checked. The box beside "play a selected
| sound" says "chimes.wav"
| When I check box for "play a selected sound" & do "Browse" to get to
| 'Control Panel'  'Sounds and Audio Devices', I get the message: 'The
| file name, or format 'Control Panel" is not valid.  Type the file
| name and location in the correct format, such as c:\location\file
| name.'
| I get this message whether I choose in "File of type:" 'sound files'
| or 'all files.'  And these are my only choices.
| How do I make the 'Control Panel' 'Sounds and Audio Devices' file
| show up so that I can choose from that group of sounds?
| Thank you.

0
MillyS (3228)