"Open Dialogue Box" error messages

When trying to use Outlook 2003 with XP to send emails I
have recently been getting error and fatal error messages
telling me I have open dialogue boxes. This also locks up
my computer so that it is necessary to control/alt/delete
and end task.

I run Norton Anti-virus and keep it updated, it shows no
virus problem. I also use the firewall that comes with
XP.

Any suggestions as what might be causing this problem and
what I can do about it?

Thanks,
Gerry
0
anonymous (74721)

This is a trial to see how the responses work.

0
anonymous (74721)

open dialogue box
Can I print the Open dialogue box? I want to take a picture of all the listed documents in each Word folder to show the date and time they were created. Thank you. D. Ring You can take a screen shot, and insert it as an image into a Word file. Assuming you're using Windows with no other software hijacking the PrintScreen key, display the Open dialog box with the information you need, and press Alt+PrintScreen. This sends a copy of the current window to the clipboard. Then click in a blank Word document, and press Ctrl+V to paste the image into the Word docume...

file open dialogue box
I have a program that automatically opens websites and other files in excel XP. When the files are opening, a diaglogue box is displayed. Is it possible to hide this dialogue box by some setting or option, either in Excel, Internet Explorer, or VBA ? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. ...

Sort order in File Open dialogue box
How can I make Excel 2003 (and Word 2003 too) to remember the sort order in the File Open dialogue box? Since a month ago or so, the File/Open dialog box keeps displaying files sorted by date. I can sort them alphabetically then, but when I open Excel again, say the next day, the files are sorted back by date. Word is just not "remembering" my preferences. Thanks for your responses to this Excel/Word nuisance rather than a problem. Roberto The File open dialog is set to the preferences to windows, not just word or excel. I don't know how to do it but it might be in Ex...

modify project professional 2007 open dialogue box.
Project server 2007 open project box modification Question: HI i wants to modify infeact add a column to project open box in project professional 2007, so idea is we have CSR makes the projects and scheduler schedules the project, somehow scheduler should be notified that project is made tasks are added... and now scheduler can begin scheduling the resources on the task.. and once she is done scheduling... so that she dont get overwhlemed which one she was done shelding and which one are remaining there should be some visiblility i have an idea in mind, i am open to get other odeas f...

"Open Dialogue Box" error messages
When trying to use Outlook 2003 with XP to send emails I have recently been getting error and fatal error messages telling me I have open dialogue boxes. This also locks up my computer so that it is necessary to control/alt/delete and end task. I run Norton Anti-virus and keep it updated, it shows no virus problem. I also use the firewall that comes with XP. Any suggestions as what might be causing this problem and what I can do about it? Thanks, Gerry This is a trial to see how the responses work. >-----Original Message----- >When trying to use Outlook 2003 with XP to send...

Need VBA assistance for Excel Open Dialogue box
Good morning. I need to figure out code that will simply change current directory to a set directory and then show Excel's "Open" Diaglogue box. I am aware that I can use an open command to open a certain file, but I don't want to do that. I want a dialogue box and not a file. Any suggestions? Thanks Cordially, Perhaps: ChDir "c:\test\" Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpen).Show -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Brent E" <BrentE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE9B00E4-2FB8-4BCB-80D9-A082208E0A77@microsoft.com... | Good morning. | ...

Excel VERY slow to move between folders in OPEN dialogue box
Problem: Excel 2003 takes a LONG time (up to 15 seconds) to move between folders when trying to open a file - note, the file opening itself is fine. System: Excel 2003 (ALL Office 2003 patches) Win XP SP2, 3Ghz cpu, 1Gb RAM, all other apps work fine. I've found lots and lots of newsgroup posts, all asking about the same thing, but no replies. Here's another go at it! I've emptied temp folders, have lots of free space, drive is not fragged, no events in eventvwr, cpu is running running high when Excel freezes for that time. Tried virus scanner off to. Help, it's driving me...