[OL2003] Rule to create folder and move based on email ?

Is it possible to create a rule that would move incoming email to a
subfolder having email address as name, and if no such folder exist, create
first the folder ?

abc@com.net --> Create subfolder ABC@COM.NET and move email in it
123@net.dot --> Create subfolder 123@net.dot and move email in it
abc@com.net --> Move email in subfolder abc@com.net
abc@com.net --> Move email in subfolder abc@com.net

etc.

0
ldm (3)

CISCO and MSExchange help needed
We need help with troubleshooting and resolving complex problems to ensure quality transmission service on the network; manage and maintaining and user accounts, maintaining and updating our system security plans on all platforms if anyone feels they can help us. We have sufficient budgets to pay for the right person. Thanks John. -- John D Allen. CEO & President. Leveridge Systems INC. ...

Email Spreadsheet As Attachment?
Is there a way to email one spreadsheet of a workbook file as an attachment in Excel 2003? I don't want to email the whole workbook file and I don't want to email the spreadsheet in the body of the email, and these seem to be the only other options available. I would like to be able to do this without using an addin or other method outside the standard ones available in Excel. Thanks! Select the Sheet you want to save - then select "Save As" then selec Comma Seperated Values (CSV) or Tabbed and follow the directions. Then the end user should be able to open and import t...

email AOL takes VERY loooooooooong
Hi, I'm running Exchange 2003 many users are complaining that when emailing AOL it takes very long. other domains are fine. My questionS are... 1. Is there a way of parsing the logs to see when it left the server or the SMTP traffic 2. Is there a tool that I can use that I enter the from & to address and it should find all the mail, contents, and SMTP handshake if possible? Thanks 1. There isn't any tool to parse the logs from Microsoft. They are in text format though, so you should be able to do a search on the log file to find the entries. 2. There is a new tool on the we...

emailing groups
To accomplish: 1. Some email groups need to be limited to only certain people for use. Example; only the IT users can use the Information Technology group along with Tom, Bob, and Jon. 2. Some email groups can be used by anyone, but before the email is actually sent, someone reviews the email and authorizes it to go out. 3. Some email groups and name in AD need to be hidden from display. How hard is it to do the above? 1 and 3 are relatively simple. 1. Check the groups' properties | Exchange General | select "Only From" and populate list of senders (including groups...

Moving messages to a new computer
Is there any way other than the Files and Settings transfer wizard to move e mail messages to a new computer? Copy the pst-file to the new computer and connect to it by File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... You can locate your pst-file by using one of the following methods; a.. Search for it by typing *.pst as your query. Make sure you include hidden and system files and folders when searching for your pst-file. b.. Check the default location (Windows 2000 and Windows XP); C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\ c.. From within...

Outlook 2003
Hi, Recently, I have discovered and made use of the ability to create custom templates for entries into public folders. At our organization, we use them solely as calendars to illustrate to staff that, for example, John has a meeting at 10:00a, Sally is out of the office, etc. However, I would like to have the data entered into my custom forms displayed on the calendar. For example, by default, when data is entered into the "Subject" of the public folder, the information is displayed on the calendar for viewing. However, none of my custom fields will show this data as the "...

Creating Barcode Labels in RMS
i have a customer who is creating their own 'in house' Barcodes and then using RMS to print the corresponding label and then scanning item thereafter to sell it. However, it appears that the labels being printed do not Scan as the same number originally created, e.g., Customer created new Item and Manually typed in the number she wanted which was an 8 digit Barcode 20068056 and then added the text and price etc., also setting product as an EAN 8 and then printing off the labels. The label actually scans thereafter as 20068059 not 20068056 as it should be. Can anyone help with t...

Problem with Email Addresses in Our Domain
Exchange Server 2003. We just moved our entire organization's email from an outside server to our own Exchange Server. We used to be able to send email to recipients of the form "first.last@goodnewsjail.org" or "first.last@mail.goodnewsjail.org." Now when folks send to @mail.goodnewsjail.org, their messages get stuck forever in the "mail.goodnewsjail.org" queue. The queue never empties. What do I need to do so that people can use either @goodnewsjail.org or @mail.goodnewsjail.org on their recipient addresses? Thanks for the help. -- Dr. Doug Prui...

Requisition Manager Email Notifications
I have a question. One of our purchase request approvers in Hong Kong would like the email notification that is sent out when a request is ready to be approved to contain the link that will take them directly to the correct company and appropriate purchase request. Some of the approvers are responsible for approving purchase requests in four different companies. Is there a way to make the link in the notifccation email go directly to the correct company and purchase request instead of to the purchasing page? Thanks, Anna ...

How to add an x.400 address to all email enabled user accounts?
Hi All, I thought i could add an X.400 address to all email enabled user accounts by adding the X.400 address under the default recipient policy. I then started a Update Service rebuild on both the Enterprise and organization. After waiting 5 minutes i then did Update Now. No new X.400 address shows up for any mail enabled user account. There's only about 50 users but i'd rather not manually add the addresses if it can be helped. Am i going about this the right way? Thanks all, i've been enjoying the newsgroup so far and learned a lot of good stuff! Chris On 25 Jan 2007 ...

Setting custom properties to an outlook folder
Hi, I'm new to the Outlook 2007 object model. I want to create and set some custom properties to my outlook folders. eg I want to set a property like 'SOURCE URL', which is of string type, that will enable me to find out programmatically which folder belongs to which url. I think PropertyAccessor has something to do with it. But I don't know how to use it. In what format the property name should be given? It throws an exception that 'Unable to parse the property name'. Please post the relevant portion of the code you already have in the = microsoft.public.outlook....

Can not share subfolder without giving access to all other folders
Of course, I know (in theoriy) how to give access to a subfolder. And I know, that I have to set the permissions to "view folder" in the higher folders. I have done so. But when I set up this access in the client outlook, the user will have full access to all folders (really all). Why? (All tasks done, like described in this newsgroups) System: Outlook XP / 2003 on W2k, Exchange 5.5 under NT 4 SP 6 Anybody have an idea? Thanks, Dan (Sorry for my bad english) If they have access to "really all" folders, then you didn't set up the = permissions correctly on each ...

Sent Message Rule
I know this is an Outlook ng. but I'm using Outlook Express and can't seem to create a rule that copies my sent messages to a particular folder. 2 e-mail addresses in one Account. I want to send the sent messages from the Sent Items folder to another. TB The Bear <buck_roggers@hotmail.com> wrote: > I know this is an Outlook ng. but I'm using Outlook Express Then you should ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress is one. -- Brian Tillman ...

Creating folders
May i know how to create an archive file folder in outlook folder thanks Go to the Tools menu and select Options, then select the Other tab, znd then select Auto Archive. There are options to set for Auto Archiving and also where the archive file is located. -- Dave Herard MOS Master Instructor Microsoft Certified Trainer www.clicknlearnct.com "Amin" wrote: > May i know how to create an archive file folder in outlook folder thanks ...

destination email system invalid
i'm trying to forward for one of my employees. they have a static ip and their own domain. when i forward it says 512 destination email system unknown or invalid. i know im doing the forwarding right because i can forward to my home email help i have SBS2003 and exchange 2003 thanks Pam Pam wrote: > i'm trying to forward for one of my employees. they have a static ip > and their own domain. > when i forward it says > 512 destination email system unknown or invalid. i know im doing the > forwarding right because i can forward to my home email > help > i have ...

Creating Appointments 11-22-06
Hi There I am realtively new to CRM and wonder if anyone can offer me assistance. When I set up an appoinment through CRM, it doesnt ping a reminder in Outlook for me. I would imagine the intergration of Outlook and CRM would do this. Should this work or am I expecting to much, or have I got some configuartion to do? Regards Peter If you have the CRM outlook client, go to the CRM, Options menu. On the synchronization tab, ensure that the following are checked: - Appointments I'm attending - Set this computer to be the Synchronizing client - Synchronize the CRM items in my Outlook ...

Outlook email templates
I have several templates in Outlook 2003. Will they work in 2007 as is, or will some tweaking need to be done? Thanks! ...

Outlook 2000 Send Emails
I tried accessing some of the previous posts regarding this feature and I am not sure if this has been addressed. So here is my version of the problem: Win 2k, Outlook 2000. Sends and receives fine (had McAfee Virus scan and firewall installed). Since upgraded to Internet Suite 6, I cannot send any mails, Regardless of attachments but incoming mails are OK. Error 530:Authentication required, 0x800ccc78, Rejected by sender. I have tried uninstalling virus scan, disabling all components of the security suite, and I have also contacted my ISP provider (Comcast) who swears up and down that...

Outlook email URL link opens AOL not Explorer. How can I Change th
I use to use AOL as my main internet program. I recently switched to Comcast Highspeed and I use outlook for e-mails. When I click on a URL in my Outlook e-mail, AOL opens, instead of Internet Explorer. How do I change this so that the URL opens Explorer and not AOL? Try setting IE as your default browser. In the Control Panel > Internet applet go to the Programs tab and make sure the "Internet Explorer should check to see if it is the default browser" box is checked then start IE and set it as the default if you're asked "seismicsixpack" <seismicsixpac...

Coercing Combo Box Value Based On Bound Column?
For instance: cboRatingType .RowSource="0;[NA];1;Fixed;2;Floating" .BoundColumn=0 .ColumnWidth=0;.25 Datawise, RatingTypeID_NA = 0 RatingTypeID_Fixed = 1 RatingTypeID_Floating = 2 Me.cboRatingType.Value=2 causes the box to show "2". But I want to force it to show "Floating" - but without having to stuff the literal value "Floating". i.e. I want to do it based on the ID value - for which I have a global constant defined. it shouldn't "PeteCresswell" <PeteCress@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1191608926.27...

create window before calling CDialog::DoModal()?
Is it possible to create the window (hidden?) before calling DoModal(), so that SetForegroundWindow() has something to operate on? CDialog about(IDD_ABOUTBOX); CWnd *pAbout = &about; pAbout->SetForegroundWindow(); // exception The reason is that I want to acquire/release a mutex around the assignment of pAbout, but another thread using pAbout can't do operations like SetForegroundWindow() until I call DoModal(). I can't release the mutex after DoModal() because DoModal() doesn't return until the window goes away, defeating the purpose of pAbout. -frank Frank Cusac...

Send Bulk email
Hello, I was wondering if there was a way in exchange to create an very large email list. We wanted to be able to send one email to a couple thousand customers. Does anyone know how this is done? Greg For Exchange 5.5 a distribution list containing custom recipients... For Exchange 200x a distribution group containing contacts -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://exchange.mvps.org "Greg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:944901c48637$1f78f300$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > I was wondering if there was a way i...

Outlook 2K3-New Email Doesn't have a "Send Button"
I installed MSO2K3 over MSO2K on my WIN2K Pro machine. I can log onto my ISP's POP3 Email and receive all of my mail. When I go to create,forward, or reply to an Email I do not have a "Send Button". I have then saved my newly created Email into the "Drafts" folder and still cannot send them when I press "Send/Receive" or "Send All". How can I configure my Outgoing Mail to have a "Send Button" (That will work..LOL)? does alt+s work to send it? Go to control panel, mail and create a new profile - you can use your existing pst, b...

Outlook 2003 Public Folders Calendar Moderator
I have set up a "Firm Calendar" in public folders in order to keep personal calendar items of users and firm items (such as hearings and the like) separate. A user will go to their personal calendar and create a firm item then invite attendees. The attendee in these cases (firm items) will be the "firm calendar" which has been set up as a contact in their contact lists. I have also set up a moderator to manage this "firm calendar". When a user sends this invitation to the "firm calendar" contact it also sends the calendar item notification t...

OL2003
I�m running XP Home with all updates / service packs applied. I�ve jus upgraded from Office 2000 - Small Business to Office 2003 Professiona and have applied all updates. The computer is connected to Comcas (broadband) through a router for home networking. The machine i configured for 4 individuals/logon profiles (me, wife, 2 kids). Al functionality of Outlook works for all users except me. Outlook indicates that my email d/ls from the server but it fails t appear in any folder (log file at end of post). After searching thi forum and other sources, I have implemented/tried all of th followin...