[OL2003] Free/busy information not automatically updated on server

Hi,

my free/busy information are not automatically updated every 5 minutes
despite the configuration in Calendar Options. The manual update works
perfectly fine.

Working without exchange, but with OL2003/Vista.

Any hints are highly appreciated.

Best wishes,
J.

Where are you publishing your free/busy?
http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/freebusy.htm

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Jannick Asmus asked:

| Hi,
|
| my free/busy information are not automatically updated every 5 minutes
| despite the configuration in Calendar Options. The manual update works
| perfectly fine.
|
| Working without exchange, but with OL2003/Vista.
|

| Any hints are highly appreciated.
|
| Best wishes,
| J.

0
Milly
11/16/2008 6:49:45 PM
Hi Milly,

apologies for the late reply.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Where are you publishing your free/busy?

I am publishing my free/busy on a server by ftp. Manual publishing works
pretty nicely.

> http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/freebusy.htm

Is it really needed for automatic publishing to fill in a default search
location? It was not for manual publishing, and the automatic publishing
does not work after I set the default search location.

> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Thanks for your help.

Best wishes,
J.

> After furious head scratching, Jannick Asmus asked:
>
> | Hi,
> |
> | my free/busy information are not automatically updated every 5 minutes
> | despite the configuration in Calendar Options. The manual update works
> | perfectly fine.
> |
> | Working without exchange, but with OL2003/Vista.
> |

> | Any hints are highly appreciated.
> |
> | Best wishes,
> | J.

> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

>> http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/freebusy.htm
>
> Is it really needed for automatic publishing to fill in a default search
> location? It was not for manual publishing, and the automatic publishing
> does not work after I set the default search location.

This seems to be the crucial point here: If the default search location is
set, then the free/busy is updated automatically - apprently only if a
change is made in the calendar.

Thanks for your help.

Best wishes,
J.

SP 1 & 2 Updates
I noticed that when I installed the SP 1 & 2 Updates, I could no longer get .zip, .doc, .htm, .exe attachments and anything like that (.jpg and .gif are no problem). Is there a way to enable attachments of other types to come through? I would like to install the Updates, but need to be able to receive attachments. Thanks for your help. ...

Set Opportunity Product UOM automatically
Hi, Is it possible if the user enters the product name on Opportunity product form, the uom associated to the product will be inserted automatically? How to do that? Thx, Carrie Hi Carrie, if there is only one UoM for all the opportunity products, you may want to write a client script to setup the UoM field as the GUID of the desired UoM once the product is selected. i.e. on the Product field's OnChange Event. GUID for the UoM can be looked up in SQL directly. If products have different UoMs, you may have to create a soap request and call the CRM webservice to get the possible Uo...

Exchange Server 5.5 SMTP log #2
I am running Exchange server 5.5 on a LAN. How can I track email by user. I would like to see what email a user receives and sends on a daily basis (don't want to read the mail, but the header and stuff like that). Can I do this with Exchange (so yes how) or is their a 3rd party software package I can purchase? Message Tracking logs will give you sender, recipient, size and date of the message. Message Journaling will give you message contents. "Michael J." wrote: > I am running Exchange server 5.5 on a LAN. How can I track > email by user. I would like to see what...

Auto Update error message (constant)
I have Money 2006 Deluxe and have encountered two problems: 1. For more than a week a red <!> icon appears at the upper right of the screen where updates are posted, and clicking on it indicated that, under the MSN Money Synchronization section, "your last call encountered an error" and that "updates are temporarily unavailable." Does this hinder any Money functions? How can it be corrected? I visited MSN Money's web site and didn't see any wrong settings. 2. When I first downloaded this new version of Money, a window popped up at sign-up offering the f...

Free 'absolute beginners' guide for making charts using Excel
If you are want the ABC's of making charts and a new way to look at the chart-making process, try this free book at http://www.vgupta.com ...

How to set the SMTP server in OL2000
How to set the Outlook 2000 to send email by a specific SMTP server? (I have Exchange Server in the profile.) Su wrote: > How to set the Outlook 2000 to send email by a specific SMTP server? > (I have Exchange Server in the profile.) If you have OL2000, you can't use Internet Mail and Exchange in the same profile - it isn't supported. Either use a different profile for your Internet mail, or use OE for same, or upgrade to OL2003 which can handle both types of accounts in one profile - or if this is mail on your company domain, talk to the Exchange admin about having the Ex...

Will FlushFileBuffers be automatically called on CloseHandle(hFile)?
To begin with code: HANDLE hFile = CreateFile(...); WriteFile(hFile, ...); ReadFile(hFile, ...); CloseHandle(hFile); My queston is: Can CloseHandle(hFile) make sure that all the cached data of hFile will be flushed to the disk? I googled it and found nothing. Hope someone can give me some tips. Thanks in advance. "xmllmx" <xmllmx@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1187115960.104492.215250@q4g2000prc.googlegroups.com... > To begin with code: > > HANDLE hFile = CreateFile(...); > WriteFile(hFile, ...); > ReadFile(hFile, ...); > CloseHandle(hFile); > >...

How do I use auto fill to add information from an existing source?
I am trying to figure out how to use some type of auto fill. What I have to do is put in a customer name and then I need to have the address, city, state, zip and phone number automatically fill in. How would I do that? Assume Sheet2's cols A to F is the existing reference, where col A contains the names, cols B to F contain the other info, eg: address, city, state, zip and phone number In Sheet1, you have the names listed in A2 down Put in B2: =IF($A2="","",VLOOKUP($A2,Sheet2!$A:$F,COLUMNS($A:A)+1,0)) Copy B2 across to F2, fill down as far as required -- Max ...

set up automatic email response to notify when out of office
When I am going to be out of the office and someone tries contacting me by email I want to be able to have an email saying I'm out of the office and when I'll be back. "Automatic email response out of office" <Automatic email response out of office@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92FF79D8-2B48-4AF9-8CE4-3BD86C329E03@microsoft.com... > When I am going to be out of the office and someone tries contacting me by > email I want to be able to have an email saying I'm out of the office and > when I'll be back. If you use an ...

autocad 2010 autodesk full download crack torrent free Wy)TtOVqED
We can crack or emulate any protection type: Dongle, Hardlock, Hasp, Serial, Password, Hasp4, Flexlm, Sentinel, Wibu, Eutron Smartkey, Hasphl, Proteq, All the Protections!! email = yshowsoft@gmail.com email = yshowsoft at gmail.com NEW UPDATES 2010 Artpro 9.5r4 with license (minimal of 2 license) Oris Press Matcher fiery impose Fiery Color Profiler 2 Preps 6.0r3 Dynagram Dynastrip v6.0.1 Dynagram inpO2 Artpro 9.0r8 (all modules included) Esko Visualizer 7.5.5 Esko Softwares Suite V7.5 PC/Mac Trueflow SE6.0.1 with SPM fully crack Heidelberg SignaStation v4.5.10.91...

microsoft vista updates
I receive updates .they load and, then they will not install i hate when that happens irontim wrote: > I receive updates .they load and, then they will not install Sorry to hear this. Can you post everything including your OS and any Service Packs,The updates (numbers) that do not install, any and all error messages as per verbatim,Office version (if applicable)and of course what happens when you try -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "irontim" <irontim@discu...

Deleted Distribution Lists (OL2003) still show...how do I completely delete??
I had created a DL in OUTLOOK 2003. It had a list of people from my address book. I decided I wanted to completely change the name of the DL. I removed each individual person and then DELETED (using CTRL+D) the DL from my CONTACTS folder. My company uses and EXCHANGE GAL for addresses, but this DL was in my personal AB. Everytime I go back into e-mail in the TO: box, and I type the first 1, 2 or 3 letters of a name (which was similar to the DL I had created), it keeps showing the DL in the TO box, even though it is empty and has been deleted. How do I get the DL to be COMPLETELY GONE? M...

Automatic daily printing from Calendar?
I have been asked to find out if there is a way to set up a shared calendar to print off daily? I'm not really into writing code, so if there is a way I'd need some very clever and kind person to write it in the reply for me and tell me how to set up this automation. If it is not possible (which I suspect) anyone got any ideas on alternative methods, please? In news:1118152092.529209.46040@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, gill.webster@virgin.net <gill.webster@virgin.net> typed: > I have been asked to find out if there is a way to set up a shared > calendar to print off d...

Automatic vs SemiAutomatic
What is the difference between setting the application calculation mode to 'Automatic' or 'SemiAutomatic' Its the same unless you are using Tables for repetitive calculations, in which case semiautomatic means automatic except for tables. regards Charles ______________________ Decision Models FastExcel Version 2 now available. www.DecisionModels.com/FxlV2WhatsNew.htm "Bill" <nunnallywilliamr@uams.edu> wrote in message news:CBC5A136-651D-4ED8-A6B3-31D7FBB91A60@microsoft.com... > What is the difference between setting the application calculation mode to &#...

Is there way I can automatically have Excel change the scale om a.
I have an excel file, which I uses to make xy graphs but I change the value that are plotted. The graph does not rescale by itself so I have to keep on doing it manually. Is there a way to get Excel to automatically rescale? Jon Peltier has a couple of techniques that you could use: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html Phil wrote: > I have an excel file, which I uses to make xy graphs but I change the value > that are plotted. The graph does not rescale by itself so I have to keep on > doing it manually. Is there a way to get Excel to automatic...

eTimeSheets VS. Business Portal Time and Attendance
I've a client who is upgrading from 7.0 to 8.0. They use eTimeSheets extensively that ties into their Payroll system. We understand that eTimesheet is not supported anymore in 8.0 and need to go with Time and Attendance on Business Portal. Is there any documentaiton on this change? Anyone's done this before? Any help will be appreciated. ...

Tool to monitor Business Portal
I would like to see a tool or utility similar to Great Plains's "User Activity" feature to allow me to monitor who is logged onto the Portal and give me the ability to kick people off when necessary. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http:/...

Installing the Exchange Calendar Update tool
Hey guys and gals, Two items of conusion for me: 1. When running the Exchange Calendar update tool (I don't trust my users to even read my email), I have to have access to all users's mailboxes in order to adequately run the tool. Which group do I have to place myself into to do this, or which permission do I need to change. I am in both the Enterprise Admin and Domain Admin roles. This is for an SBS 2003 install. When I run the tool I get errors that mailboxes cannot be accessed. 2. The TZMove.exe tool, which is supposed to be downloaded, but not the installer, which also has ...

Cant get member server to join domain
member server 2003 sp2, was in old 2000 domain. removed from that domain into a workgroup. changed dns to reflect new domain. now trying to add to 2008 domain and I get a message of "The service cannot accept control messages at this time". Of course it doesnt join the domain either. I had another member server that i pulled out of the same domain and added it with no issue. So WTF? A good place to start troubleshooting this is to look into the netsetup.log file. Andrei Ungureanu www.winadmins.net "Bob Dorn" <bobdorn@hotmail.com> wrote in m...

Problem replicating public folders between two Exchange 2003 servers
Setup is two Win2K3 servers running Exchange 2003 Enterprise w/ SP1. Both machines are fully patched. I'm having a problem replicating some public folders between the two servers. Specifically, changes made to the folders on one server will not replicate to the other, but changes made on the second will replicate to the first. For example, a change I make on server A will replicate to server B, but a change made on server B will not replicate to server A. I've enabled diagnostic logging, server B generates the outgoing replication message, the message is received by server A and ha...

Need Query or Macro to Update Form
I have a form with two textboxes, both tied to field names in the table I am using for the form. The two fields are GroupName1 and Groupname2. I need to build a query or macro to run where if there is any text in Groupname2, to transfer the text to a new record where the text from Groupname2 is now in Groupname1 field. Please help!!! Thanks. Chris You've described "how" you want to solve a situation... but we have no idea what situation this is supposed to solve! More specific descriptions will probably lead to more specific suggestions. -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.In...

Automatic Refresh
I have a subform that has a drop down list for one of the fields to enter. This list can be updated by accessing a form, which is in datasheet format. People get through entering data in the main forms and then get to the drop down list and find they have to enter a new item in the list using the extra form. The item will not appear on the drop down menu unless they press records refresh. What I want is for the records to be refreshed automaticaly when the datasheet form is updated or exited. Please help! Colin -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com Coli...

Information Store keeps stopping
We are running Exchange Server 5.5 and 1 or 2 times a day the Information Store is stopping. So far we have been able to restart it with no problems. In the system event log is the following message: The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 15 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action. I have searched everywhere that I can think of and any description of a problem that sounds even close to this just says to install the latest service pack to fix it. We already have the latest SP on it t...

MFC Registry Access in Automation Servers (EXE)
I have written a MFC server application (MFC automation server). Some configuration settings are saved with WriteProfileInt /WriteProfileString to the registry. I used SetRegistryKey("Mycompany") for the registry path. The application works fine under different users. Now this application is started as embedded server via my ASP code from the IIS. The machine is a Windows 2003 Web Edition Server. For this case the DCOM and IIS settings uses a predefined user for the ASP code and the COM server. If I start the app per hand now under this user everything is going well. But if the app ...

Configure Server 2008 to join SBS 2003 Domain
Client has an exisiting 2003 SBS Domain. They purchased Server 2008 Ent Edition and that will be setup and configured with a software application and users before it is sent to the site that has the 2003 SBS. 10 machines are also being configured to connect to the 2008 Server before the server and computers are sent to the 2003 SBS location. Can the 2008 server be setup as a domain before it is shipped and then moved to the SBS 2003 domain once it gets there? -- Pat In a word, no. You can't join a computer to a domain without connecting to the domain. And any users you a...