"No internet accounts were found to import"

seems to be common problem Outlook2K - but i haven't found an answer

i want to import an O/Express (.iaf) email account - dead easy on my home
machine using Tools/Accounts/import - but my works network machine doesn't
have Tools/Accounts - it has Tools/Services

so i tried

File/Import/ImportInternetMailAccount

and without even looking it responds:

"No internet accounts were found to import"

anyone know how to import an email account ?

0
reply6745 (100)

Can you switch the machine to Internet Mail Only mode:
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/choosingmode.htm

"JethroUK�" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
> seems to be common problem Outlook2K - but i haven't found an answer
>
> i want to import an O/Express (.iaf) email account - dead easy on my home
> machine using Tools/Accounts/import - but my works network machine doesn't
> have Tools/Accounts - it has Tools/Services
>
> so i tried
>
> File/Import/ImportInternetMailAccount
>
> and without even looking it responds:
>
> "No internet accounts were found to import"
>
> anyone know how to import an email account ?

0
vince8328 (2732)
10/25/2003 10:19:43 AM
nope - it's company networked machine with internal mail server

does file/import option not work?

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" <vince@omegageek.com> wrote in message
> Can you switch the machine to Internet Mail Only mode:
> http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/choosingmode.htm
>
> "JethroUK�" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
> > seems to be common problem Outlook2K - but i haven't found an answer
> >
> > i want to import an O/Express (.iaf) email account - dead easy on my
home
> > machine using Tools/Accounts/import - but my works network machine
doesn't
> > have Tools/Accounts - it has Tools/Services
> >
> > so i tried
> >
> > File/Import/ImportInternetMailAccount
> >
> > and without even looking it responds:
> >
> > "No internet accounts were found to import"
> >
> > anyone know how to import an email account ?

0
reply6745 (100)
10/25/2003 9:14:57 PM
Not under Corporate mode - if I remember right

> nope - it's company networked machine with internal mail server
>
> does file/import option not work?

0
vince8328 (2732)
10/26/2003 8:48:37 AM
"JethroUK�" <reply@the.board> wrote in message news:<Qiimb.594$Zr6.345@newsfep4-winn.server.ntli.net>...
> seems to be common problem Outlook2K - but i haven't found an answer
>
> i want to import an O/Express (.iaf) email account - dead easy on my home
> machine using Tools/Accounts/import - but my works network machine doesn't
> have Tools/Accounts - it has Tools/Services
>
> so i tried
>
> File/Import/ImportInternetMailAccount
>
> and without even looking it responds:
>
> "No internet accounts were found to import"
>
> anyone know how to import an email account ?

You can't, you have to do it manually. See MS Knowledge Base article 278168 at

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278168

HTH

Tushar
"Tushar" <tushar_mody@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "JethroUK�" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
> > seems to be common problem Outlook2K - but i haven't found an answer
> >
> > i want to import an O/Express (.iaf) email account - dead easy on my
home
> > machine using Tools/Accounts/import - but my works network machine
doesn't
> > have Tools/Accounts - it has Tools/Services
> >
> > so i tried
> >
> > File/Import/ImportInternetMailAccount
> >
> > and without even looking it responds:
> >
> > "No internet accounts were found to import"
> >
> > anyone know how to import an email account ?
>
> You can't, you have to do it manually. See MS Knowledge Base article
278168 at

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278168

the article you're pointing at suggests you can - and that's precisely the
method i used, and got

"No internet accounts were found to import" (but it doesn't even look)

on my previous scouring this seems to be a common problem, but the public
group dont seem to acknowledge it

0
reply6745 (100)

"No internet accounts were found to import"
seems to be common problem Outlook2K - but i haven't found an answer i want to import an O/Express (.iaf) email account - dead easy on my home machine using Tools/Accounts/import - but my works network machine doesn't have Tools/Accounts - it has Tools/Services so i tried File/Import/ImportInternetMailAccount and without even looking it responds: "No internet accounts were found to import" anyone know how to import an email account ? Can you switch the machine to Internet Mail Only mode: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/choosingmode.htm "JethroUK�" <rep...