"Magnify" on-screen phone number?

I'm using OL 2003, I look up a phone number from a contact, then turn to the
phone, which is on the desk behind me, and halfway thru dialing I inevitably
have to turn back to the computer to see the rest of the phone number.

Is there some 3rd party app that will magnify the phone number (or any
portion of the screen) so it's easier to read from a few feet away?

0
terwise (5)

Never mind, I found it.  3rd party, hell, it's part of XP.

"T. Wise" <terwise@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm using OL 2003, I look up a phone number from a contact, then turn to
> the phone, which is on the desk behind me, and halfway thru dialing I
> inevitably have to turn back to the computer to see the rest of the phone
> number.
>
> Is there some 3rd party app that will magnify the phone number (or any
> portion of the screen) so it's easier to read from a few feet away?

0
terwise (5)
6/26/2006 3:26:39 AM
Oh hell, I'm glad you found it too.  I don't need it, but it is a nice
little tool.

--
Curt   BD-MVBT

http://dundats.mvps.org/
http://dundats.proboards27.com/index.cgi
http://www.aumha.org/
> Never mind, I found it.  3rd party, hell, it's part of XP.
>

> "T. Wise" <terwise@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I'm using OL 2003, I look up a phone number from a contact, then turn to
>> the phone, which is on the desk behind me, and halfway thru dialing I
>> inevitably have to turn back to the computer to see the rest of the phone
>> number.
>>
>> Is there some 3rd party app that will magnify the phone number (or any
>> portion of the screen) so it's easier to read from a few feet away?

Start > Programs > Accessories > Accessibility > Magnifyer.

--

Brian A. Sesko   { MS MVP_Shell/User }
http://basconotw.mvps.org/

Suggested posting do's/don'ts:  http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
How to ask a question:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"T. Wise" <terwise@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm using OL 2003, I look up a phone number from a contact, then turn to the phone,
> which is on the desk behind me, and halfway thru dialing I inevitably have to turn
> back to the computer to see the rest of the phone number.
>
> Is there some 3rd party app that will magnify the phone number (or any portion of
> the screen) so it's easier to read from a few feet away?

0
Brian

Magnifying text?
Hello, I am using Outlook 2002 for my email with XP Pro. My vision has degraded and I would like to change the magnification or font size that appears in emails that I receive even if it is plain text. Does anyone know how to change magnification and/or font size in emails received - plain text? Thanks, Bob "BobK" <ergobob@sonic[REMOVE].net> wrote in message news:49ca3390$0$1616$742ec2ed@news.sonic.net... > I am using Outlook 2002 for my email with XP Pro. > > My vision has degraded and I would like to change the magnification or font > size that appe...

Magnify glass on report preview
Hi, I have a multi page report that I veiw using acPreview. When the report comes up my cursor is a magnify glass instead of the arrow. If I click on the next page arrow the cursor then changes to the arrow. Why? Thanks, ...

Magnify dropdown list
How can I magnify a dropdown list such that its visible area is larger than the cell itself? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ By making a custom DropDown (?) - preferably using the Forms toolbox. The one in the Controls toolbox has more options, but is prone to bugs. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ For a data validation dropdown, you could use a SelectionChange event to temporarily widen the column. There are some instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Wider courtesio99 wrote: > How can I magnify a dropdown list suc...

How do I magnify a time period on a chart in Excel?
I am trying to set up a chart showing the DJIA and S&P 500 since 1970 and correlate that with the recent recessions. The chart is not showing as dramatic a drop in the markets during several time frames. Is there a way for me to magnify these time frames to make the visual chart more dramatic? ...

"Magnify" on-screen phone number?
I'm using OL 2003, I look up a phone number from a contact, then turn to the phone, which is on the desk behind me, and halfway thru dialing I inevitably have to turn back to the computer to see the rest of the phone number. Is there some 3rd party app that will magnify the phone number (or any portion of the screen) so it's easier to read from a few feet away? Never mind, I found it. 3rd party, hell, it's part of XP. "T. Wise" <terwise@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23X3Eh%23MmGHA.1912@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I'm using OL 2003, I look up a ...

Do you know how to zoom in on a section of a chart & magnify it?
Hold down Ctrl and use scroll wheel on mouse. Is that what you were looking for? -- mpeplow ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mpeplow's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34812 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=556245 ...

In Excel, can you set up text that will magnify with the cursor?
There is a report I repair that contains a great deal of text that needs to appear on one page. I am trying to set it up to where each cell will magnify when you drag the cursor over it. I do not know if this is possible. ...

'magnifying' the top end of a stacked column chart
This may be a FAQ, but I cannot find/figure it out. I have several series of data, which I am stacking up on top of each other in a column chart, for different X-axis categories. The first series numbers are very large, the later ones become mostly increasingly small. I would like to focus the chart on the top end, and not extend it all the way to the x-axis, as thus the very large series-one columns would take up most of the chart, Now, I know I can set the 'minimum' on the y-axis to some value (and thus 'lose' most of the series-1 stacks in the graph), but that would mean...