"from" account when hit reply - how do I change it?

When i reply to any message - no matter which account the
message was sent to (i have two different accounts - 2
different email addresses coming into same place) it
always lists "A" address, even though "B" is my default,
and I have entered "A" as the reply address in my account
settings for BOTH addresses.

i am using outlook express.

anyone know the answer?  i am sending hundreds of replys
and dont want to have to keep clicking the other account
each time.

thank you very much,
trixie
0
anonymous (74717)

"trixie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When i reply to any message - no matter which account the
> message was sent to (i have two different accounts - 2
> different email addresses coming into same place) it
> always lists "A" address, even though "B" is my default,
> and I have entered "A" as the reply address in my account
> settings for BOTH addresses.

I think you've answered your own question.  If you enter "A" address as the
reply address for both accounts, then "A" is the reply address that both
accounts will use.

This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the
Office
family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of
these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x
microsoft.public.internet.mail.mac for the Macintosh version of OE

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups).

Also a good source of Outlook Express info can be found here:
http://www.tomsterdam.com

--
Aloha,

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr

Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup.  Mahalo!

0
mvp1 (459)
11/21/2003 9:33:08 PM
Thanks Ben - I didn't explain properly...  I've
entered "A" for reply address AND default - but it still
appears as "B" on every reply.  Any ideas?

for OE 5.x
>microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress
 for OE 5.5x
>microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
for OE 6.x
>microsoft.public.internet.mail.mac for the Macintosh
version of OE

>If those groups aren't carried on the news server that's
carrying this group
>try using msnews.microsoft.com (MS's public news server
that's the source
>for all the microsoft.public newsgroups).
>
>Also a good source of Outlook Express info can be found
here:
>http://www.tomsterdam.com
>
>--
>Aloha,
>
>-Ben-
>Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP
>http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr
>
>**I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct
requests for assistance.
>Please post questions and replies here in the
newsgroup.  Mahalo!

>.

0
anonymous (74717)
11/21/2003 10:16:23 PM
Not offhand.  From address and Reply address aren't the same thing.  I don't
know how Outlook Express handles those, that's a totally different product
(despite the unfortunately similar name) from Outlook.

You should ask in the Outlook Express newsgroups -- that's where the OE
experts hang out.

--

> Thanks Ben - I didn't explain properly...  I've
> entered "A" for reply address AND default - but it still
> appears as "B" on every reply.  Any ideas?

0
mvp1 (459)

exchange accounts will not delete from site
I have recently recovered one of my exchange 5.5 servers that crashed. Mailboxes have been restored and replication appears to complete only down to the restored server but not up to the main site mail server that holds the global address list. Due to lack of information in backups, it was necessary for me to manually recreate all mailboxes and then restore mailboxes. However, the new accounts have created with a "2" appended to each mailbox name. Example john@us.com is automatically created as john2@us.com. How do I purge the old accounts from the global list so that I can crea...

Muliple Exchange OMA User Accounts from One SmartPhone
I wish to be able to access multiple user accounts (all on the same Exchange 2003 server) from a single smartphone running Windows Mobile 5.0. After setting up OMA on Exchange and the smartphone and visiting https://FQDN/oma all works well after entering the username and password for one account, but then the smartphone remembers the login (presumably via a cookie) for future visits to the same URL. There seems to be no easy way to delete the cookie on the smartphone, so all subsequent accesses to OMA go straight through to the same user account. One way I have considered tackling this is to ...

Extreme Delays Deleting Change Orders from Project Accounting
We use Project Accounting for Dynamix GP and we are attempting to start using the Change Order features to track changes made to project budget and fees. Unfortunately, during testing, we are experiencing a five to ten minute delay whenever we try to delete an incorrectly entered change order. This occurs even if we simply start to create a change order, never use it for anything and immediately attempt to delete it. Has anyone experienced this, or can anyone propose any clues on what I should look at to find what is causing this large pause? -- Jim Rowley Business Analyst II ...

want to transfer out funds from a fund within an account to a fund within the same account.
I want to do this to preserve my cost basis. I have a 401k that lets say has a fund that I bought for 100 bucks and it gained 10 dollars. when I issue a buy/sell to transfer it to another fund (within the same 401k account) the new cost basis is 110 dollars instead of the 100 that I actually spent. I know that using transfer in/out will preserve this cost basis, but it doesnt seem to work within an account per other threads of this nature. How can I do something similar within the same account? I am using 2005 premium. Thanks Vic. I don't think your use of Cost Basis reflects tax la...

Loan account
Hi, Something else that's giving me trouble. I've set up a loan account - all seems to be fine. It's a three year loan, and the first two payments had already been made when I set the thing up in Money. Money coped with this fine, and within the register of the loan account it now accurately shows the first two payments and the principal-element of each payment, together with the diminishing value of the outstanding loan. However, it doesn't seem to be linked in any way to the account from which the payments are actually being made. Conceptually it seems to me that the loan ...

Change Data Type from Memo to Text
I have to fields called 'NAME' and 'CLIENTID' in a table called 'LOCATIONS'. They are in the Memo format but need to be converted to text. How do I change the format using VBA? In kow this has been asked in different way before, but none of the other examples seem to help. Thank you so much for you help Once a field has been added to the table's Fields collection, you can't actually change it using VBA. I believe you should be able to run a DDL (Data Definition Language) query along the lines of: ALTER TABLE MyTableName ALTER COLUMN MyMemoFie...

MS Exchange forwarding from local accounts but not from external accounts
Hello.- I have Ms Exchange 2003. My domain is mycompany.com. and I created a DNS Record and a test account to another domain where the emails should be forward test@eu.myforward.com. I created the forward and if I send an email from my internal account me@mycompany.com to test@eu.myforward.com, the email goes thru fine. Now if I send an email from me@hotmail.com to test@mycompany.com which in Ms Exchange should forward to test@eu.myforward.com, the email comes back with: Reporting-MTA: dns;mycompany.com Received-From-MTA: dns;myforward.com Arrival-Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 13:36:16 -0600 Final-R...

Download Checking Transactions from a brokerage account
I am on trial with Money Essential….I have checking feature with my Brokerage Account How can Money see this checking feature ? In microsoft.public.money, bookgps wrote: >I am on trial with Money Essential�.I have checking feature with my Brokerage >Account How can Money see this checking feature ? I don't use Essentials, but normally checks would download into the Cash Transactions register. Do you have a choice in the Settings for the account to track the cash transactions? You might find Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe to be more full-function. ...

Copying an account from the active account view
Hi Everyone I got a new challenge today to copy a record from the account Entity in the active account view. What i am thinking of creating a new copy button on the grid. But i am not sure about how to code this button. Is there any other way out as well????? Any Idea really appreciable. Thanks in advance. Regards -- Jaber You need to retrieve the account by passing GUID of account and then get the values of attributes of account. soemthing like : Guid AccountID = new Guid (""); account test = (account)service.retrieve (entityname.account.ToString(),AccountId, new AllColum...

Font Schemes: How to apply/chang an individual font from the sche
Hi, Trying to use Font Schemes. I see how to pick a Scheme and apply it to the document. But when I'm editing text, I don't see how to choose a particular font from the scheme. (I.e., if scheme is IMpact, Arial, Arial Black. I want to apply Impact to the Title of the page, Arial to the body.) How? Help here 2007 Create and change font schemes for a professional look http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP100150951033.aspx?pid=CH100966001033 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Mr. Analogy" <MrAnalogy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Transfering Money from account to account
I am having problems transfering money from account to account or paying off my credit cards in Money 05. All my accounts are set at automatically downloading the transactions. In my checking account a payment of 500 dollars was transferred to my savings account (sep bank). In my savings account, 500 dollars was recieved. In my reports section in Money it shows the 500 dollars, in the category Credit Card Payments/Transfers which I assigned, as the largest spending by Category for the month. Also it is the 2nd largest in spending by Payee. I dont want the report to show this as an expense...

change values of picklist from onchange function
i want to change the values of a picklist on an onchange event. for example if i choose hotline from media picklist, the category picklist will contain a, b, and c. can anybody suggest jscript code to be able to do that? thanx for any help. According to the SDK, this is not possible. It's buried in this article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm/html/mbs_crmonchange.asp -- Matt Wittemann "aha" wrote: > i want to change the values of a picklist on an onchange event. for example > if i choose hotline from media picklist, the cat...

How to pull emails from POP3 account to Exchange 2000
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0A74_01C423C9.8948E130 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I want to get emails for half of the people from our organization. = However, our provider says that they push only all emails or none. Since = we cannot handle all the emails, I wonder if there is a way to pull our = emails individually from the POP3 accounts to our Exchange Server. This = way we would just pull the accounts that we want.=20 I wonder if that's possible using MS Exchange 200...

Moving Balances from one Account to Other Account
Hi All, How can i transfer amount from 1 account to other account i am closing the year end procedures. we are using Multicurrency module, Can i use Clearing option in Financial to move balances from one account to other, since in help it says 'If you’re using Multicurrency Management, you cannot use clearing transactions.'. Thanks Dear Akram, You can manually create a journal with the summery of your account, and reversing journal on the new account, this may help. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Bus...

How to remove time stamp from Track Changes review in Word?
Using latest ver of Mac Snow Leopard and MS Office. When tracking changes in a Word doc, is there a way to remove the time stamp but still retain the author of the change? In other words how do I track changes, keep my name shown as the author of the change, but not show the time stamp of when I made a change. ...

Deleting accounts without messing up balance in accounts from/to which payments were made to/from the deleted accounts
I want to start over with my Money set up of my Vanguard accounts because it's a mess. I have both a master IRA and non IRA account, as well as individual accounts in Money for each fund. I want to delete the existing accounts and then go through the set up again. However, I recall some years ago when I +deleted+ an old, closed, credit card account, it also removed all payments (reconciled ones and unreconciled) on that account from my checking account throwing the checking account totally out of balance. fortunately it was only 18 months worth and i was able to get paper statments to re...

Exchange autoreply (out of office assistant) only replies to letters from same domain
We are having an exchange problem. When someone creates an out of offic message the server will autoreply with this note only to letters sen from exchange accounts on this domain and people who sent e-mails fro other domains/companies do not get the autoreply we expect them t get. Any ideas to this problem -- dop ----------------------------------------------------------------------- doph's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=28 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-186937158 you have to configure Exchange to allow these to go to the internet...what version Exchan...

How do i change the currency from dollar to GB pounds
I am using office excel 2003, I have created a invoice and I need to change the currency from dollar to GB pounds. Not sure .. but guess you could try this .. Select the col (or the range) Click Format > Cells > Currency Scroll down the options under "Symbol" and select the option which appears as: " � English (United Kingdom) " (that's what I can do in xl97 over here) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Imraan Rawat" <Imraan Rawat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

I want to change from NTFS to FAT32
I just bought a used computer, complete with a licensed copy of Windows XP Pro SP3. I bought the computer from a guy who bought a whole batch of them from some office and was reselling them. They came with a legal license serial number on the computer for XP Pro. He wiped the drive and resinstalled XP along with some other licensed commercial stuff and some freeware. All in all, what I got was a ready to run computer, including everything except the monitor. I have never owned XP, and was still using Win98 and Win2000 mostly because of a slow computer and the fact I did not want t...

Not downloading messages from Imap account
This is very weird. On Sunday afternoon, OL quit downloading messages from my mail server. The account is configured as IMAP. Sunday afternoon there were a couple of Windows updates (none involving OL), which required a reboot. Since then, nothing downloads from the server. When I click on Send/Recieve, I see that it contacts the mail server. Displaying the status window shows it connecting, then it says "complete". No error messages - just no new email. If I logon to the server using a webmail app (Squirrelmail, which also happens to be imap), I see that since Sunday ...

Remove Addresses from Reply to All
I am researching the possibilities of disabling the Reply to All feature for company-wide mailing lists, and nothing looks promising. So how about this? Is there a way that I can prevent certain mailing lists from being entered in the To: fields entirely? I envision this: person receives email from "Everyone" and hits Reply to All. Something kicks in and removes the recipient "Everyone" from the To: field. Or at least prompts for confirmation. Any ideas? VBA possibilities are welcome. Enable some restrictions on the distribution group in AD. On Exchange general tab...

From Account Questions
If I have multiple email accounts, can I make it such that the From address is automatically generated depending on what folder I am in ? Alternatively, can I make it such that a particular contact is always from a specified account ? What are you trying to do in reality? You do realize the From address = is purely cosmetic and has no relationship to the sending account, = right? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head sc...

Remove entities from account card
Which is the easiest way to remove quote, order and invoice from the accountcard in the menu to the left? The easiest, and supported, way is to remove permissions to those entities. The unsupported way is to use client script in the form's onload event -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Martin" wrote: > Which is the easiest way to remove quote, order and invoice from the > accountcard in the menu to the left? ...

Changed out mobo, can I retrieve mail from old drive
I recently had a motherboard fail. With the new motherboard I am unable to boot into the old install of XP I had. After I tried it not properly find all the chipset/devices and rendered that XP install corrupt. With another drive I re-installed XP. Is there a way, since I cant boot into the old drive, to retrieve my Outlook XP stuff (mail specifically) such as mail, contacts, accounts. I am sure this has been brought up before, but I havnt found an answer yet. Thanks. Mount the old drive as slave and do a search for *.pst inport into the fresh install outlook >-----Original Messag...

Sent from common group account.
Hi All, I have an issue i could really do with some help on if anyone can assist it would be very much appreaciated. I need to have mail messages sent from and received in to a group account. Eg:(Accounts@mydomain.com) Currently i have set up the users general mail account and also the group account (which has restrictions applied to it, eg standard users are unable to delete messages contacts calander items etc.) However whenever a user creates a message it automatically defaults to their standard account address (username@mydomain.com) instead of the Group account address. I have tri...