"File access denied" to PST file

I have gone from Windows 2000 running Outlook 2000 to Windows XP Pro running
Outlook 2003.  When I try opening my saved .pst file in the new Outlook I get a message
saying "File access denied. You do not have permission required to access to file
mailbox.pst"  I am logged on as Administrator, as I was on the old install.  How do I open
my saved mailbox.pst or archive.pst? TIA

0
exoticart (1)

How did you try opening it?  is this a local .pst file?  If it is not on
your C: drive, is it marked Read-Only?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,
exoticart@hotmail.com asked:

| I have gone from Windows 2000 running Outlook 2000 to Windows XP Pro
| running
| Outlook 2003.  When I try opening my saved .pst file in the new
| Outlook I get a message saying "File access denied. You do not have
| permission required to access to file mailbox.pst"  I am logged on as
| Administrator, as I was on the old install.  How do I open my saved
| mailbox.pst or archive.pst? TIA

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
8/13/2004 4:45:21 AM
	Do you know if you had the file encrypted under the old OS?

exoticart@hotmail.com wrote:
> I have gone from Windows 2000 running Outlook 2000 to Windows XP Pro running
> Outlook 2003.  When I try opening my saved .pst file in the new Outlook I get a message
> saying "File access denied. You do not have permission required to access to file
> mailbox.pst"  I am logged on as Administrator, as I was on the old install.  How do I open
> my saved mailbox.pst or archive.pst? TIA

"File access denied" to PST file
I have gone from Windows 2000 running Outlook 2000 to Windows XP Pro running Outlook 2003. When I try opening my saved .pst file in the new Outlook I get a message saying "File access denied. You do not have permission required to access to file mailbox.pst" I am logged on as Administrator, as I was on the old install. How do I open my saved mailbox.pst or archive.pst? TIA How did you try opening it? is this a local .pst file? If it is not on your C: drive, is it marked Read-Only? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion int...

File access denied
I am trying to access an ols PST file but get an error "File access denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file". Is there a way around this? MG If you had the PST on a CD it will be set for "Read Only". Copy the pst to a drive and remove the "Read Only". Property attribute. Right click on the saved file to bring up the properties. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "MichaelG" <support@tmclaimsservice.com> wrote in message news:03f401c35ba9$199f5960$a601280a@phx.gbl... I am trying to access an ols PST file but get an ...

File access denied #2
How do I get access to an address book (.pst file) that I created and tried to load into a client's Outlook file? I get the message something like, "file access denied." "Barb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d9601c3a934$7b6d73b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I get access to an address book (.pst file) that I > created and tried to load into a client's Outlook file? I > get the message something like, "file access denied." could you be a bit more specific on exactly what you did and the exact error message you...