"Enter Network Password" Keeps Popping Up

Have WinXP Home and recently I've been getting the "Enter Network Password"
dialogue box popping up at inopportune times.  How do I get rid of this?

Thanks.

0
gcdyer (8)

May be, ticking the save password box would help.

0
dzei2001 (1)

"Enter Network Password"
Hi All Please help. I upgraded my OS to XP pro and outlook 2000. When ever log in to outlook it continually asks for a password. I enter it, clic "remember this password" and click ok. the box dissapears and come straight back asking for the password I just entered! I've tried everything to stop it including recommendations from th microsoft site: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259416 Nothing seems to work. I've gone back to oulook express, tried outloo xp and none of this works. Anyone got any ideas? Cheer ----------------------------------...

Outlook 2007 & "Enter Network Password" Popup?
Has anyone that has been using OL 2007 experienced the "Enter Network Password" popup windows? I was told by my ISP that it is an Outlook 2002 issue only. Can anyone dispute that? Thanks Oops "<--Mardman-->" <zeus661@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:89adnXUtn8zh0xnYnZ2dnUVZ_sKunZ2d@buckeye-express.com... > Has anyone that has been using OL 2007 experienced the "Enter Network > Password" popup windows? I was told by my ISP that it is an Outlook 2002 > issue only. Can anyone dispute that? Thanks > I'm also seeing th...

"Enter Network Password" #3
I seem to receive the above dialogue box with increasing regularity. It presents with my log-in and password details all pre-filled but clicking on 'OK' only succeeds in making it disappear for a few seconds before it pops-up again. The only way of getting rid of it is to click on 'Cancel' and it is then removed for 3-4 minutes before appearing again. In the meantime I can't receive any e-mails (although I can send them OK). I seem to experience episodes of this that often last several days and then the problem goes away again for weeks/months. Any ideas? Highly...

Enter Network Password #2
Hello, Starting Monday each of the workstations in my office have began repeatedly prompting for the "Network Password" when sending/receiving email in Outlook 2002 SP- 2. Incoming mail is recieved successfully when OK is pressed. I found the article 281791 and the issue is similiar, however multiple accounts are not being checked from these workstations. Does anyone have any suggestions to eliminate this behavior? -Trevor ...

Enter Network Password issue
All of a sudden I get the "Enter Network Password" window popup every time Outlook 2002 connects to my mail server. It's always been configured to remember my password. I've installed MS Office XP patches 1 and 2 and still have the problem. Thoughts? See if this helps: For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win 98, NT, or 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q290684 For Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000: (CW) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q275465 (IMO) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q259416 For all Outlo...

ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD BOX
HOW DO I GET RID OF THE CONSTANT REQUEST FOR "ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD"?? MY INTERNET SERVICE HAS SET THE PASSWORD SEVERAL TIMES, BUT THIS BOX WILL NOT GO AWAY. I'M TOLD BY THEM THAT THIS IS A MICROSOFT PROBLEM. Are other people having the same problem?? Thanks Rick Kirchhoff Please use lower case in the future. If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 patches, then see if this article addresses your problemL OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a POP3 Server http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-u...

I set up Outlook and the Enter Network Password box keeps popping
I just started setting up Outlook on my stand alone PC. I set up a/c's for 6 addresses and the enter network box constantly pops up every 5 seconds. asking for an OK. Help. Old Pensacola Dude Old Pensacola Dude <Old Pensacola Dude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just started setting up Outlook on my stand alone PC. I set up > a/c's for 6 addresses and the enter network box constantly pops up > every 5 seconds. asking for an OK. Help. Old Pensacola Dude You first: state your Outlook and Windows versions as well as the mail account type you created. -- B...

Enter Network Password #8
I am using Outlook 2003 under Windows 2000 with a LAN connection Outlook keeps prompting me with a pop-up requesting me to enter the network password. The window suggests the passowrd (which is correct) and even offers to save the password. Nevertheless, the window comes back everytime outlook logs onto my POP3 to look for new mail help appreciate Hans Lange "Hans Lange" <hanslange@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message news:6DB89659-047E-4003-9CE1-6F7D53A4F165@microsoft.com... >I am using Outlook 2003 under Windows 2000 with a LAN connection > > Outlook keeps prompting me ...

enter network password pop-up repeatedly comes up?
I cannot send/receive mail and the pop-up "enter network password" keeps coming up every couple of minutes. busybee wrote: > I cannot send/receive mail and the pop-up "enter network password" keeps > coming up every couple of minutes. Uh huh. No Outlook version. No Windows version. No mention of the account type (POP, IMAP, HTTP/Deltasync, or Exchange). No mention of the network access type (dial-up, DSL, cable). No details at all. --- Posting Hints --- ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER than yourself t...

Enter network password pop up
The popup for "Enter Network password" keeps coming up. i have XP and outlook 2002. How can I stop this it's very annoying, It pops up multiple times during the send/recieve process. Thanks for any help, Mike You may take a look at this Technet article: OL: You Continuously Receive Prompts for Your NT Domain Credentials http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b321652 -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Mike" <mikecurto@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:769601c3e761$03a14350$a501280a@phx.gbl... The popup for "Enter Network pas...

Enter Network Password
I keep getting this dia box popping up every few seconds. How do I fix it? When that happens, click Cancel. That should produce an error message. Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply = here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Kermit" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message = news:OIRbKJHwKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I keep getting this dia box popping up every few seconds. How do I fix ...

Enter Network Password
I am trying to open and populate an Excel template through ActiveX controls on our intranet site. Now although it works, I get this annoying prompt which asks for 'Enter Network Password'. If I select cancel, everything works as it should. I have not set up any special security on the hosted xlt files. All permissions seem to be good on the web server. I've seen many newsgroup items that say SR1-a will fix this for Office 2000. This doesn't seem to apply to my problem. I've applied the patch, used office 2002 and 2003 and all give the same prompt for a network passwor...

enter network password.
Dear All, I am being prompted to "Enter Network Password" continually when using Outlook 2002. Could anyone suggest how I can turn this off. Thanks Neil I should add that the dialogue box requesting the passwaord appeats dp frequently that I have difficulty typing this email. I check the save password option each time to noe effect. "Neil Smith" <savispud2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:eA60un7bGHA.3840@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Dear All, > I am being prompted to "Enter Network Password" continually when using > Outlook 2002. ...

Enter Network Password
New computer running XP and using Outlook 2002. I keep getting a box appear that's title "Enter Network Password". "Please type in user name and password". I don't have a network. This thing appears every few minutes all day long. It will not remember the password and I don't know how to get rid of it. It is very annoying. Any hints will be appreciated. At first I was using Outlook Express and it appeared then also. thank you. This didn't work. Still getting that annoying pop up=20 window "Enter Network Password". Once again... I...

Enter Network Password....AGAIN
This box keeps popping up asking me to enter my password. I keep checking the box to remember my password yet this keeps popping up every 10 minutes or so. I'm running XP Home with Outlook 2002. Any ideas on how to get my passwords to "stick" so I don't get this annoying popup? For all Outlook versions on Windows XP (just ignore the parts that refer to Outlook Express): http://support.microsoft.com/?id=264672 -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: ...

Enter Network Password........AGAIN!!!!
Hi It seems no matter what I try, outlook can't retain the password. This annoying box keeps appearing. I've followed microsofts advice and gone in to the registry - that never worked. I'm running XP pro with outlook 2000. I've tried outlook express and outlook XP, with no luck! Is it a problem with XP? I've downloaded all the updates from microsoft and still it doesn't work! Should I revert to windows 98??? Any pther ideas on how to get outlook working again? Cheers ...

enter network password? why?
I recently tried to enter a new email address for my POP Mail server settings. Now, I try to send/receive messages and a box pops up to enter my network password. I have never set up this password and just want it to go away...I can't send or receive messages til I do. (Using Outlook 2003) "=?Utf-8?B?QmVybiBUWA==?=" <Bern TX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:790E61F0-0F00-4B13-A874-DB29BCE49018@microsoft.com: > I recently tried to enter a new email address for my POP Mail server > settings. Now, I try to send/receive messages and a box pops up to >...

Enter Network Password
I am repeatedly being prompted for a network password for my mail server. I followed the MS advice to install Office SP1 and SP2 and have checked the accounts set up to ensure there is only one account. I have also followed the advice to edit the registry and remove the Key as specified in the Knowledge base. I am still being prompted. Any ideas please. Clearly this isn't serious but it is annoying. I think it began about a month or so ago. All the best Dr Dodge There have been several recent issues with passwords not being retained with Outlook. If you're running Outlook ...

Enter Network Password #11
Anybody seen this message continually asked when send and receive action despite password entered and stored? >-----Original Message----- >Anybody seen this message continually asked when send and >receive action despite password entered and stored? >. >I found your question while searching for the same answer. I am constantly being asked to log-in to the server after I have already done so and have saved the password. It's driving me crazy. I would switch to another e-mail client in a heartbeat, but I like the calendar feature and the fact that my PDA synchs to ...

Enter Network Password #6
Anyone help please? Over the last few days I have had to repeatedly enter network password for my email. Checking the box to save it doesn't work either. It's driving me mad. Any clues please guys. dr dodge ...

Enter network password #10
Upgraded to Outlook 2002 (XP) and I keep getting this annoying Enter Network Password message on all my e-mail accounts. How to fix please? Most likely it wants the password for your email account. Did you enter it correctly when you set up your email accounts? "Edison Stewart" <edison.stewart@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:1dd5401c454d6$8df6e900$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Upgraded to Outlook 2002 (XP) and I keep getting this > annoying Enter Network Password message on all my e-mail > accounts. How to fix please? See if this helps: For Outlook 2000 or 2002 o...

'Enter network password' request when clicking send/receive
Sorry in advance for long message, and thanks in advance to anyone who can help sort this problem. I am trying to use Outlook 2002 again with my pop3 e-mail account, since yet another system recovery a few days ago. All the required settings with respect to incoming and outgoing mail server addresses, usernames and passwords, port numbers, etc are correct and as required according to what I have been told by Orange Customer Services. This application was working (relatively) fine before unremovable viruses and spyware had infected my pc. All the required settings for pop3 accounts are...

Enter Network Password keeps coming up
Folks, I hope someone can help me. I keep getting this window that keeps asking me to enter network password everytime I go into outlook. I'm using outlook 2002. Does anyone know how I can get this from poping up? Thank you in advanced for your help. Al <azapata@itsmb.net> wrote: > I hope someone can help me. I keep getting this window > that keeps asking me to enter network password everytime > I go into outlook. I'm using outlook 2002. > Does anyone know how I can get this from poping up? http://support.microsoft.com/?id=312630 -- Brian Tillman ...

Enter Network Password keeps appearing
Hi, For some reason when Outlook is sending/checking for new messages it comes up 'Enter Network Password' this problem does not happen all the time only about 60% and this still happens even though I checked the box to save my password. Do you know why this is happening? Also have you got any idea why I receive approx 6 e-mails a day supposidly from Microsft telling me to update a patch etc? I just delete them as soon as I get them becuase Ive heard they are viruses. The e-mails are approx 120kb and have the same layout as your website. I have PC-Cillin but it does not su...

Enter Network Password and Mailboxes Locked
I seem to be having never-ending problems with Outlook 2002 at the moment. I have just upgraded to it. I run FTGate on this machine as well which is working fine but Outlook is continually asking for Enter Network Password. I looked at the MS Support article and erased the Registry Entry as it suggested but it continues to ask for it. That is getting annoying. Secondly, it is not unlocking mailboxes after it talks to my mail server - therefore it creates more problems in Outlook. How can I resolve this? Any help appreciated. -- Kind Regards Ben Lord The New Inkjet Company ...