"Display Presence" Setting Won't Stick

Office 2003 with MS Exchange, Windows XP Pro workstations.

The "display presence status in the from field" option in Outlook 2003 on my
workstation will not stay selected. I can select it, but after I hit apply
and go back into options it shows it as not selected. (Tools> Options> Other
tab)

Going around the office, we have found that some workstaitons have it
already selected, on some it can be checked and on others -- it can't be
checked.

Outlook is using MS Exchange for all the mail. The "Enable the person Names
Smart Tag" stays selected.

Any advice where to look to figure out how to enable this on a worstation
where the user wants it, but I can't get the setting to stick??

Sincere,

Ridge (in New Joisey)

0
rkennedy (7)