"BLOCKED::" is not blocked

Hi,

I have an application that generates an email message that Outlook displays
in HTML.
Imbedded in the html are some references to an application.  When a user
gets the message and clicks the link, the application opens and displays the
intended information.
A sample of the HTML is

The "problem" is that when a user hovers their mouse over the link, the
tootltip(?) that displays has the contents "BLOCKED::myappl:10000006".
This is mis-leading users to think that they can't open the application,
when in fact they can.

What is causing the "BLOCKED::" to be prepended to the href?
How can I prevent "BLOCKED::" from being displayed?

Thanks,

 Bob

0
someone913 (592)

"BLOCKED::" is not blocked

blocked:: prefix added to URL link in Message
IN outlook 2000 I am having the blocked:: prefix added to URL links in the body of email messages. How do I fix this? Are you using any sort of virus/spyware scanner that might be scanning/changing incoming mail? I don't think Outlook has anything to change URLs in incoming mail messages. "Andre Monostori" <a.monostori@mcoai.com> wrote in message news:11ml2ts7jc910ef@corp.supernews.com... > IN outlook 2000 I am having the blocked:: prefix added to URL links in the > body of email messages. How do I fix this? is it happening on messages you send or you rec...

BLOCKED:: added to URL's
I am using Outlook 2003, with HTML formatting. If I type a url in an email and send it, then go back to the message, copy the url, and paste it into a new message, outlook adds BLOCKED:: to the beginning of the url, so if someone tries to click on the url, it does not work. Does anyone know why? thanks in advance! This is a security feature in Outlook 2003 which prevents access to external URL's based on the security settings defined in Outlook. Please refer to the following article for details on changing this configuration: 831608 How to use the Automatic Picture Download Setting f...