"Automatic Formating" (colored bars)

I can't get the auto format for the colored bars to show. I have several set
previously with no problem but I am trying to create one with "the word
'Week' in the subject field" to turn the orange color (or what ever color)
but it won't. I've looked for other formats that may be overiding it but
none. I have cleared form cache and emptied the Deleted items folder

0
rnwrede (29)

how many autoformatting rules are in the view?

Someone else recently had problems with more than 4 autoformatting rules in
a view and opening outlook with the /cleanviews switch fixed it - but using
this switch will erase all custom views you've previously created.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"99XJ" <rnwrede@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I can't get the auto format for the colored bars to show. I have several
> set
> previously with no problem but I am trying to create one with "the word
> 'Week' in the subject field" to turn the orange color (or what ever color)
> but it won't. I've looked for other formats that may be overiding it but
> none. I have cleared form cache and emptied the Deleted items folder

0
outlookmvp (5838)

"Automatic Formating" (colored bars)
I can't get the auto format for the colored bars to show. I have several set previously with no problem but I am trying to create one with "the word 'Week' in the subject field" to turn the orange color (or what ever color) but it won't. I've looked for other formats that may be overiding it but none. I have cleared form cache and emptied the Deleted items folder how many autoformatting rules are in the view? Someone else recently had problems with more than 4 autoformatting rules in a view and opening outlook with the /cleanviews switch fixed it - but u...

Automatic formating of message display
Hallo, my would like to use automatic formating of message views. When he define cindition for his "rule", he would like to show all our domain users in his rule, so he would like to use rule like "when field by contains ourdomain.com" . We have tested it and it seems thah this rules in field send-by use only senders name (in exchange we dont see user's email, but only his name) my question is : how to build rule to apply to email with some string in sender's email even sender is our exchange user? hope I descrived it enough thanks for any help Polp ...

are there date varables to use with 'automatic formating'
how can i change the color of tasks that were created more than 1 month ago. i tried using =date() - 30 but that doesn't work. -- 5khzgjf9e001@sneakemail.com You need to create a formula using the DateDiff() function. Look up the Help on that function on how to use it. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "James" <See.My.Sig@The.Bottom.com> wrote in message news:Oo0Z8lf5DHA.2580@TK2MSFTNG...