"A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook"

This message suddenly started and now comes up with every
new email I begin in Outlook.  Does anyone know what
might have caused this and is there any way to correct it
without having to uninstall/reinstall?

"sgaines62" <impactplan@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> This message suddenly started and now comes up with every
> new email I begin in Outlook.  Does anyone know what
> might have caused this and is there any way to correct it
> without having to uninstall/reinstall?

Just a guess, but you could have a virus. Many viruses (virii?) do exactly
that, in order to send the underlying message (normally dodgy medicines or
get-rich-quick scams) to as many people as possible.

If you ahven't already, check your anti-virus settings and do a full scan.

0
nospam9607 (138)
9/4/2004 12:54:51 PM
Recently installed Office XP SP3? See
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"sgaines62" <impactplan@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> This message suddenly started and now comes up with every
> new email I begin in Outlook.  Does anyone know what
> might have caused this and is there any way to correct it
> without having to uninstall/reinstall?

0
suemvp (4038)
9/4/2004 1:02:19 PM
What version and service pack level of Outlook? Also, what add-ins are you
running in it?

sgaines62 wrote:
> This message suddenly started and now comes up with every
> new email I begin in Outlook.  Does anyone know what
> might have caused this and is there any way to correct it
> without having to uninstall/reinstall?

0
lanwench (7567)
9/4/2004 1:55:33 PM
sgaines62 wrote:
> This message suddenly started and now comes up with every
> new email I begin in Outlook.  Does anyone know what
> might have caused this and is there any way to correct it
> without having to uninstall/reinstall?

    Did it start right after updating to SP-2 and are you running Windows
XP?

    Also Stratman may well be right (virus).  I suspect that is one reason
MS added that warning.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1  It's Irish Math

Hi:

I have exactly the same problem running Outlook 2002 and
having updated with the latest patches. I run XP
professional, but have not yet upgraded with SP2.

I am upto date with the latest antivirus and
spyware/adware protetion.

Any clues out there?

0
anonymous (74722)
9/5/2004 4:04:05 AM
Hi!

First in world alert investigation and automation software for Outlook:
http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/security/ (Freeware)

I run a full virus scan daily.  I installed the SP2 and
the SP3 update.  This message began after the SP2
installation.

0
anonymous (74722)
9/7/2004 1:34:15 PM
Alexander Gorlach <no-email-address@mapilab.com> wrote:

> First in world alert investigation and automation software for
> Outlook: http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/security/ (Freeware)

Nice!
--
Brian Tillman
0

"sgaines62" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I run a full virus scan daily.  I installed the SP2 and
> the SP3 update.  This message began after the SP2
> installation.

0
suemvp (4038)
9/7/2004 6:23:13 PM
Hi:

Ths Slipstick reference is good. Here is the deal:

This warning is a 'feature' with the updated service pack
and intended to warn of untoward access to your email
adresses. I seached Microsoft and there is indeed a
refernce to this http://office.microsoft.com/en-
us/assistance/HA011127891033.aspx

The issue is that several programs such as the ones
mentioned in the Slipstick reference triggers this
warning when they are actually doing legitimate work.

Un-clicking the COM Add ins as suggested in Slipstick did
the trick for me.

Hope it helps

0
anonymous (74722)
9/7/2004 11:13:58 PM
Yes this works.  Thanks!

0
anonymous (74722)

a program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in outlook.
I am the IT person for an office with about 100 users. Two of my users this morning are exeperiencing this error when they try and send a message. "a program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in outlook. Do you want to allow this?" I have looked and not found the fix for this and done a search on this group for that message in the text line with no responses. We are running a Windows 2000 exchange server and Outlook 2002 SP3. Any help would be greatly appreciated. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for the most likely cause. -- ...

A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook
I have jsut installed OfficeXP pro on WinXP Pro. When I reply to a mail, I get this message: "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you allow this? If this is euexpected, it may be a virus, you should choose no. etc etc." I have tried but to no avial to determine which program is doing that and if it is a valid program. Does anyone has this experience or do anyone know how to find out what program it is that is doing that? Thanks. Outlook 2002 SP3 adds additional properties to the list of those that are affected by the security features...

"A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook"
This message suddenly started and now comes up with every new email I begin in Outlook. Does anyone know what might have caused this and is there any way to correct it without having to uninstall/reinstall? "sgaines62" <impactplan@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:5eee01c49278$9d88b710$a501280a@phx.gbl... > This message suddenly started and now comes up with every > new email I begin in Outlook. Does anyone know what > might have caused this and is there any way to correct it > without having to uninstall/reinstall? Just a guess, but you could have a virus...

Error: A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in outlook.
Getting the above error when attempting to sync with palm vx. 'Use to work' okay. Recently restored laptop (Dell) from Dell cd, windows 2000 pro, outlook 2000. Reinstalled Palm hot sync software, but now getting the above message. Choosing YES, handheld sync's okay. Complete message is: __________________________________________ A program is trying to access e-mail address you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "no". ________________________________________________________ Machine i...

A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do yo
I started having this problem after installing the new SP3. Have read that it might be a problem with Adobe Acrobat and or Norton but can't find out for sure. How do I uninstall the SP3 or what are my other options. thanks for any help. Carl Russell <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I started having this problem after installing the new > SP3. Have read that it might be a problem with Adobe > Acrobat and or Norton but can't find out for sure. How do > I uninstall the SP3 or what are my other options. > thanks for any help. http://www.slipsti...