[2010] search in subfolders

each time I start an advanced search I must activate 'search in subfolders'
is it possible to make it as default?

--
/-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\
-=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=-
............ [ al lavoro ] ...........
0
ammammata (13)

Sure can. When you click in the Search field the Search ribbon becomes
visible. Go to search tools, Search options command - this opens the
Options dialog to the Search page - change the Include results option.

(Can also get into it from File, Options, Search)

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com

On 7/26/2011 6:09 AM, Ammammata wrote:
> each time I start an advanced search I must activate 'search in subfolders'
> is it possible to make it as default?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
7/26/2011 7:03:04 PM
I should add that the include results option searches all folders - if
you truly want to limit it to the current folder and subfolders, not you
can't enable it AFAIK. It's one folder or all folders.

On 7/26/2011 3:03 PM, Diane Poremsky [Outlook MVP] wrote:
> Sure can. When you click in the Search field the Search ribbon becomes
> visible. Go to search tools, Search options command - this opens the
> Options dialog to the Search page - change the Include results option.
>
> (Can also get into it from File, Options, Search)
>

> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
> OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com
>
> On 7/26/2011 6:09 AM, Ammammata wrote:
>> each time I start an advanced search I must activate 'search in
>> subfolders'
>> is it possible to make it as default?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
7/26/2011 7:11:47 PM
"Diane Poremsky [Outlook MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in

> Sure can. When you click in the Search field the Search ribbon becomes
> visible. Go to search tools, Search options command - this opens the
> Options dialog to the Search page - change the Include results option.

thank you, I'll try tomorrow, back at work

--
/-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\

0
ammammata (13)
8/1/2011 9:12:06 PM

> I should add that the include results option searches all folders - if
> you truly want to limit it to the current folder and subfolders, not you
> can't enable it AFAIK. It's one folder or all folders.

a good idea fot the developers, waiting for SP2 or 3 ;)

--
/-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\

0
ammammata (13)

search for x-y co-ordinates
Hi folks how do I search for the points which are very close together in an array of points (represented x,y co-ordinates)? Any help will be greatly appreciated If your X coordinates start in cell A2, and your y coords in B2, then in C2 array enter (enter using Ctrl-Shift-Enter) the formula =SMALL(SQRT((A2-$A$2:$A$???)^2+(B2-$B$2:$B$???)^2),2) Replace the ??? with the row of your last XY pair. Then copy down to match your XY list. Then in D2, enter the formula =IF(C2=MIN(C:C),"We're closest","") and copy down to match. At least two cells w...

Visual Studio 2010 Quirk?
I am working in VS2010 and right clicked on the Project in the Solution Explorer. Add New Folder. Went into Windows Explorer and copied a few files to this folder. They don't show up in the Solution Explorer, even with a refresh. If I click on the folder and "Open Folder in Windows Explorer" it opens a folder with the URI being "visual studio 2010" Not "Visual Studio 2010" (Notice the case). There is no visual studio 2010 folder, but it shows what is in the "Visual Studio 2010" folder. The Tree view shows both!! Really strange.... I cant e...

Opening a subfolder of %MyDocuments% using Shell explorer.exe
All, I was hoping that someone might be able to help me with a problem I am having opening Windows Explorer from a forms element. The following code works fine: Shell "explorer.exe / e, ""%MyDocuments%\"", vbNormalFocus" However when I try to access a subdirectory of %MyDocuments% using the following, Windows Explorer just opens the root directory of my documents and ignores a subdirectory request. Shell "explorer.exe / e, ""%MyDocuments%\SomeFolder"", vbNormalFocus" Additionally when Explorer opens under either of the above it o...

Access Subfolder
Exchange 2003 - using Outlook 2003 I can access top level folder of a users contacts "Contacts", but he created a sub-folder "MaillingList" and even though I have access rights I can't get there. Any ideas? If it's impossible to do, what do you suggest as an alternative? Thanks! To access a shared folder that isn't one of the folders listed on the = File | Open | Other User's Folder dialog, the mailbox owner needs to = grant "folder visible" permission to the root of the mailbox and any = other parent folders of the shared folder, as well as...

Searching network drives?
Hello. Still trying to figure out Vista as my work computer was recently upgraded from XP. In XP if I wanted to search a network drive for a file or folder with a partial known name, I'd use the search tool and it returned results fairly quickly. In Vista, the network admins have indexing disabled for the network because they don't want hundreds of computers constantly scanning for changes. Which is fine, but now when I want to find a file, I *think* this thing is scanning through every file, *name and contents* for my search term, which makes it far, far...

MSX 2010 with DPM 2010 RC
I try to backup our (non-clustered) MSX-Server 2010 (3 Databases) with DPM 2010 RC; in the Protection Group Window 'Specify Exchange DAG Protection' comes the message "The selected datasource(s) cannot be configured for copy backup because it is either a standalone Mailbox DB or a replica (ID: 52528). What's the problem? Regards Wolfgang On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:19:01 -0700, WKrauss <WKrauss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I try to backup our (non-clustered) MSX-Server 2010 (3 Databases) with DPM >2010 RC; in the Protection Group Window '...

Page Breaks in OneNote 2010
Is it possible to see where page breaks are when using the infinite page in 2010? If not, is it possible to choose Letter, but keep adding pages to the bottom of the existing page (allows me to see page breaks in an alternative fashion)? The lack of visible page breaks has been a major drawback (one of the few) in my usage of OneNote 2003 and 2007. I did see that if I use the Letter setting, I can continue typing beneath the "page bottom" into the dark gray area beneath, but it would be nice to have the view all white with a dotted line for the page break. Thanks for pointing to thi...

DPM 2010 to DPM 2010 DR on Windows 2008R2 not available?
Hi I recently deployed a DPM 2010 primary and secondary server in our environment (mainly to protect our Exchange 2010 servers). I installed the agent from the secondary DPM server onto the primary. The next step is to select the agent under the Management tab and down the bottom of the screen reveals the version, thottling disabled but it is not showing "Protected computers enabled for Protection" Is there anything that needs to be done in addition to setup the secondary DPM server to protect the primary? If I am not mistaken, you are trying to locate the...

project 2010 timeline view
Hello, What is the purpose of the timeline view? Where you add in specific tasks. Why arn't all tasks in it? Why would you only want to see some tasks? thanks Greg -- In the future, please ask your Project 2010 questions in the following newsgroup: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectprofessional2010general/threads To answer your question, the Timeline view allows you to show a timeline of your project and show only the tasks you want to see as either bars or Callouts. To add any task to the Timeline view, right-click on the name of the task a...

Search and Replace within string
Table: CostCenter Column: CostCenterName I want to remove all ':' from CostCenterName (update data in table). How do I do this in T-SQL ? Thanks, Greg Greg Berthume wrote: > Table: CostCenter > Column: CostCenterName > > I want to remove all ':' from CostCenterName (update data in table). > > How do I do this in T-SQL ? > > Thanks, > Greg Use the REPLACE function to replace them with empty strings: update costcenter set costcentername=REPLACE(costcentername,':','') where costcentername like '%:%'...

Office 2010 required for SharePoint 2010?
Will Office 2010 be required to utilize SharePoint 2010, or will users still be able to leverage Office 2007 with SharePoint 2010? An answer could be found at the Office 2010 forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 "Paul K" <PaulK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E134C33-8756-4CF0-B241-54BC0EFD0C9C@microsoft.com... > Will Office 2010 be required to utilize SharePoint 2010, or will users > still > be able to leverage Office 2007 with SharePoint 2010? ...

OL 2010 Date (Conversation) view
Hi - can't seem to find a way to fix this in Outlook 2010. My Inbox is set up to group incoming mail by date (Today, Yesterday, Last week, etc). In this new version, it also groups conversations by subject. I thought this was pretty cool, however, it groups unrelated conversations. Meaning, if I have two different senders send me a message, and the subject from both is "Hello" - all of the emails with that subject heading are grouped together. If the list is not expanded, it only shows one name in the From field - so, I have to remember that I had an email from anot...

Exchange 2010: Are the Shared Calendar Issues Resolved?
Hello-- I work for a large corporation that is currently running an Exchange 2007 cluster with clients on a mix of Outlook 2003 and some 2007. We are having issues with delegates and scheduling and have referred them to the article regarding Essential Do's and Don'ts and yet the issues of random calendar items disappearing, etc. etc. continue to occur. See: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011276781033.aspx So, my question is if any of the consequences associated with the items mentioned on the website I referenced are resolved with Exchange 2010 and the ...

Calendar search
Outlook 2007 I suspect this is easy but I can't find the answer in HELP or google. Outlook Calendar Search only finds items listed in the current week view. An item in the previous week, next week, or any time other than current week is not found in a Search. How do I get Outlook to search in more than current week? j lunis, you wrote on Mon, 23 Mar 2009 08:49:11 -0400: > How do I get Outlook to search in more than current week? Please install following hotfix that improves the search reliability: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961752/en -- Best Regards Christian Goeller MVP...

Text search function in Money
I am using the Money 2002, and I have entered 2 years of transactions. Some of them I put detailed note in the memo field of the transaction for future reference. When I doing my tax, I like to pull up piece information here and there from Money, so I tried Search function. In the advanced search box, when I choose all account (credit card, bank, cash) to search for word "tax", it only returns those payee field containing "tax". It just skips/ignores the memo field of each transaction. I look around, but not seeing anywhere having option to search "all text field"...

Searching email
Is it possible to do searches on indvidual mailboxes in exchange without opening each mailbox? I have an Exchange 2003 server which has the mail store indexed. I want to do searches on all mailboxes based on a string as well as a to and from date. Can it be done without additional software? ...

intermediate results 2010
intermediate 1st year results 2010 Check intermediate results 2010 Results at http://knowledgeatheaven.blogspot.com/2010/04/intermediate-results-2010.html Please click above link to view the intermediate 1st year 2010 results. ...

outlook 2010 view full message source (headers + source)
hello, in outlook 2003 i could add a registry hack to view the full source of an email message, with the SaveAllMIMENotJustHeaders registry key. i've tried it in Outlook 2010 but it does not seem to work? does anybody know how i can see the complete source of an email message in outlook 2010? i need this to let my spamassassin learn from the spam messages that get through. thank, stig forgot to mention we use also Exchange 2007 maybe that's the problem? but i don't understand why MS does not make this possible when using Exchange? how do people with Exchange get the full mes...

Question about client backups in 2010
I’m very interested in the new client backups from DPM 2010, does anyone know exactly how the backup system will work. From what I understand you can set path and file types not to be backed up, but then does it work on a normal/incremental type backup, or block level. Will the “full” backup only happen one time, and then all future backups be block levels that get applied to full when the retention is up? Basically will it work how DPM works with servers, as in all the data won’t go over the wire after the first full backup? Full backup happens only at one time, all l...

DPM 2010 MP for SCE 2010
Does anyone know when the management pack for DPM 2010 might be available? They were released on the same day as the new all in one solution so wouldn't you think they would work togther? Chris Management pack for DPM 2010 is not yet released. Once its available we will communicate to newsgroup and forums. -- Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. DPM Newsgroup will be deprecated very soon. Please start using DPM TechNet forum at:http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/dataprotectionmana...

VB search for a control
Hi All, Is there anything in VB which lets me search the whole of the project to find out which forms have a certain control. ie., if i wanted to find out which forms have a PictureBox1 can that be done? It would be no good searching the actual code, as it wont have any associated with it. Thanks "Jack Rabbitt" <a@b.com> wrote in message news:tG21n.18364$H15.676@en-nntp-02.dc1.easynews.com... > > ... It would be no good searching the actual code, as it wont have any > associated with it. > Not quite true. A text search of all yo...

Search and replace
Hi all, Does anyone know how to serach and replace a value in a custom field in CRM 3.0? Thanks for your help on this! Harry If you want to do this for many records, create an advanced find query for them, select them and select Edit from the More Actions drop-down. This will allow you to change a field to many records. You could also write a workflow. "Harry" wrote: > Hi all, > > Does anyone know how to serach and replace a value in a custom field in CRM > 3.0? > > Thanks for your help on this! > > Harry or just do it manually via SQL by conne...

Email Search
Currently running Exchange 2000 on a Pentium III 1.13 Gz CPU with 1Gb of RAM, we have about 14Gb of email archive stored in public folders and we search for email very frequently. Due to rapid expansion of email size, the performance of search is very slow recently. What is the solution? Is buying a new server the solution? With regard to this email archive problem (provided we want to keep the email archive in public), what kind of hardware should we plan for? (e.g. very fast hard disk, high end CPU or a lot of RAM?) Many thanks in advance. It would be worth running a few performan...

2010 RC: Feedback
Hi there, thanks for the RC. I'm still experimenting. So far things are looking good, except for those four things: 1. Couldn't update the agents on some computers. (The "Needs update" -> "5%" -> "Error" -> "Needs update" problem). I believe this will be fixed in RTM? 2. Backups on disconnected clients are still too resource intensive. Doing the shadow copy and reading it is still done with normal I/O priority. It just took me 17 seconds to switch from one browser tab to another... How can you expect me to deploy this?!? (...

Query Builder In the Instant Search pane is not working
Hello, The Query Builder In the Instant Search pane within outlook2007 is not working. I'm unable to do advanced search due to this. Please help! Do you have Windows Desktop Search installed? For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/269 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "kevind" <kevind@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA921A...