'(0x80070057)synchronising headers',getting this error in outlook

ive just installed my outlook and have set it up to retrieve mail from 2
eircom accounts but when i try to send and receieve i get the following
message:

Task 'joanne - Sending' reported error (0x80070057) : 'Could not complete
the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid.'

Task 'joanne: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error
(0x80070057) : 'An unknown error has occurred. Please save any existing work
and restart the program.'
0
joey83 (1)

Databse synchronisation
Hi, I have a database on a server which is used by only 2 operators. the opperators work away using laptops and enter new records. When they get back to the office, can they synchronise their laptops with the main database and update records in both directions? Any help here would be most helpful. Regards John "John" <johnlee2509@btopenworld.com> wrote in news:FE09E18D-B219-41D9-AE90-525D93F5D64E@microsoft.com: > I have a database on a server which is used by only 2 operators. > the opperators work away using laptops and enter new records. > When they get...

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error Message #2
Hi all, Does anyone know how to solve this? When i clicked on any mails in my Outlook 2000, it prompts out this error message (dialog box) saying "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - Program: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OUTLOOK.EXE. - abnormal program termination." Once I clicked on the OK button, the whole Outlook 2000 just shuts down and I am unable to view any mails at all. Please help!! :( ...

Slanted Text in header cells
anyone know how to slant text in header cells so I can fit more columns in? Is there a template out there? Christine, WIth the heading row selected, look at Format - Cells - Alignment - Orientation. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Christine" <Christine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D6BB59E-2A82-4706-8ED8-469C7214CAD9@microsoft.com... > anyone know how to slant text in header cells so I can fit more columns > in? > Is there a template out there? Christine Try For...

errors -C2059 and C2143
Hi All, The code was compiled sucessfully with vc++6.0 but the same code in vc++8.0 is giving 100 of syntax error, which are listed at the last. the error is pointing in the below file. **********Valuetable.h***************** #ifndef ___VALUETABLE_H__ #define ___VALUETABLE_H__ 1 #pragma comment(exestr, "xyz_WOSA/XFS$RCSfile: include/ValueTable.h $$Revision: 1.5 $$Name: AptSim_030000_UTR_01_DEP AptSim_030000_UTR_01_IDC AptSim_93000012 AptSim_93000015 SIMPIN_BETA2 $$Date: 2003/11/24 20:55:51IST $WOSA/XFS_xyz") #include <map> #include <string> static enum Valu...

HTML text gets cut
Hi, one client (w2k, Office2000, IE6SP1, plus patches) has a problem with mails in HTML-format: the text gets cut off after aproximately 1 page and the rest of the text is lost. Mails in plain text or rich text-format is ok. Any help? ...

Can a sound play when headers are downloaded?
Hi all, I recently set my settings to download a copy of the header only because I am getting viruses and in this way I keep them on the server and not on my machine. However, this has been a problem because I rely so heavily on notification and there seems to be none for headers. Any solutions? ...

Most Stable Outlook version for CRM 1.2
I've had numerous pains with Office 2003 with the CRM toolbars missing and none of the articles I've found have sorted out the problem...registering dlls...updating office versions...critical updates...etc etc. Perhaps by reviewing the responses to this topic, we could find out who has had the most joy from which version of the outlook for CRM SFO. The SFO's 'buggy' perceptions may be solved by stipulating a 'recommended Office version' in favour of stability, rather than functionality/performance... So, is it: Office 2000 (Version 9) Office XP (Version ...

How can get Microsoft Excel on to my p.c
Could someone help me as i do not have a clue as what i need to do all i have been told is that i need Excel to beable to do my spreadsheets. HELP!!! Buy it. -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Rebecca" <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63F86D33-FCCE-4BB3-A84C-E259DA855EA6@microsoft.com... > Could someone help me as i do not have a clue as what i need to do all i have > been told is that i need Excel to beable to do my spreadsheets. > HELP!!! Trial versions of Excel are available: ...

outlook CPU/memory issues
Hi, I have read through many of the posts and found similar problems, but not quite the same. I have a new PC running vista & office small business 2007. when I launch outlook, the system uses nearly all CPU and memory resources. The big culprits are outlook.exe, sql server, and the search indexing applications. I have disabled indexing all outlook information. This a new PC (intel core 2 duo, 2 gigs ram, etc - high end) but I can't type an e-mail, since it cannot keep up with my tying. It's been craning this way for 8-10 hours, since opening outlook. I have all of my...

Outlook 2002 doe not deliver, shows messages being sent...
I intermittently get the following when trying to send out messages: "The recipient was unavailable to take delivery of the message" with a reference to our domain ending with "3499 Host unreachable". I've looked everywhere for help but cannot find anything. I installed SP1 for Outlook 2002, no luck. Note: it is NOT consistent. Sometimes things actually get sent. ...

Why am I getting .+ when I hit the decimal point?
The only thing i can think of that would do this is the autocorrect feature, it could have been added to, just a thought -- Maurice ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Maurice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1948 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=375289 ...

Trying to install Office 2003 Pro (to get Outl00k 2003)
When I try to install Office 2003 Pro, by typing \\uwapps... etc, etc, I get response: 'the network path was not found' "old codger" <oldcodger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03DCC5B3-6FC5-4CC0-8205-0A4D07CA56B9@microsoft.com... > When I try to install Office 2003 Pro, by typing \\uwapps... etc, etc, I > get > response: > 'the network path was not found' And what environment are you in? By 'environment' do you mean OS? If so, it's Windows XP Home "Gordon" wrote: > "old codger" <oldcodg...

Password protect emails in Outlook
How do I password protect my emails on my home computer from eavesdropping eyes? I am running ME. Thanks You can put a password on your PST file in Outlook. There's no way to secure Windows ME. John L wrote: > How do I password protect my emails on my home computer > from eavesdropping eyes? I am running ME. > > Thanks Thanks, but I am a novice and need a little more info on putting a password on mu PST file. John L >-----Original Message----- >You can put a password on your PST file in Outlook. There's no way to secure >Windows ME. > >John L wrote:...

"Cannot start Outlook" error after sync'ing PDA
I hope that someone can tell me that I'm not completely stuffed here, but I do fear the worst. Sync'd PDA using Avantgo, and had problems with all the elements that required Outlook. (Inbox, Tasks, Contacts). After combining the entries and deleting duplicates, all seemed to be well. Computer shut down and rebooted. The computer then went through a 30 minute Checkdisk whilst it corrected many many errors - I was already feeling uncomfortable. Once booted, I tried to start Outlook and received an error like.. Cannot start Outlook, PATHNAME Outllok.pst is not a valid pst file. Wh...

Synchronise database
When I synchronise my database everything goes OK until I try to access it offline I get the message cannot access looking for \\server\user Hi Steve, It sounds like you either have a linked table to \\server\user, or you have some reference to it in VBA code. Try running one of these queries to see if you have any linked tables: To reveal all linked paths: SELECT Left(Database,255) AS [Linked Databases], Count(MsysObjects.Database) AS [Number of Tables] FROM MsysObjects WHERE (MsysObjects.Type)<>9 GROUP BY Left(Database,255) HAVING Left(Database,255) Is Not Null; If you want to...

RPC error???
Hey, i get an error when trying to run Quota Message service that says RPC server unavailable... i check the app log and get the following: event id 1000 faulting application QuotaService.exe, version 6.57830, Faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0 i have looked for some explanation but havent found anything yet, reinstalled Quota Message Service and still get it, checked rights and they look good. anyone help????? ...

In Publisher, each time I try to save the file, I get an error mes
When making corrections to my file (several pages) after a while I get a message, Publisher can not save my file and it shut's down without saving. After the next startup the same proceedure. That way I never get to an end. What version Publisher? Open the file in safe mode, if you have no problems saving then it probably is a driver issue. Earlier versions of Publisher saved all printer information with the file, if the driver is corrupt you will get errors. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kurt" <Ku...

Outlook 2003-can't send or receive emails
I have Outlook 2003 with Windows XP Operating system. My ISP is Earthlink. When I try to send/receive in Outlook, I get the error message: The operation failed. An object could not be found. I have gone through my settings, and all are set as recommended. My test message is received in my earthlink mailbox, but I cannot retrieve it in Outlook. I have no trouble with my earthlink mailbox. I have tried using Detect & Repair - no results. How can I fix this? Thanks ...

Getting rid of fullname as originatingleadid in Opportunity
hi all, I am trying to customise the main forms in CRM and as with client requirements, they wish to remove (not display) the 'firstname' and 'lastname' field completely in the form and use a field such as 'companyname' HOWEVER, as a consequence, when one converts a lead to an opporunity, when u go to a view for example ("My Active Leads") the column "Name" is blank because it uses the schema field 'fullname' which somehow combines the 'firstname' and 'lastname 'fields together. Likewise in the Opportunity Form under Adminis...

e-mail headers
How do you de-activate email headers ??? ...

Not getting any mail in hotmail account
So yesterday all was well with my @hotmail.com account and now this morning I'm receiving no incoming messages. Some have gone out but no replies have come back and I know people replied. Is something wrong with the system? Very frustratiing. I am having the same problem....could someone please advise... "sm" wrote: > So yesterday all was well with my @hotmail.com account and now this morning > I'm receiving no incoming messages. Some have gone out but no replies have > come back and I know people replied. Is something wrong with the system? ...

Sending Receiving Error
I am getting an error message "Task 'jpa@pscp.biz' - Sending and Receiving reported error(0x800CCC0f):'The connectionto the server was interrupted.' I am running SBS2000 to Win98 clients. I am only trying to send by POP3, not Exchange. ...

Getting a useful Auto Scale
I have a chart showing number of calls per employee as a column graph and duration of calls as a line graph together. The scale is automatic. The scale for the number of calls works great. The scale for the duration works, but it doesn't use nice numbers. For example, if my employee with the longest duration is currently at 01:55:43 (hh:mm:ss), the top of the scale shows 02:09:36. I want to keep it on automatic, but I want it to use nicer numbers, like 02:00:00 or 02:15:00 instead of 02:09:36. Is there any easy way to do this? If not, is there any way to do this? Thanks, sb1920alk...

Outlook 2000 #85
When I start OL 2000, it gives the following error message 'This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shutdown...' and the details, as follows: OUTLOOK executed an invalid instruction in module OUTLLIB.DLL at 017f:3a48a4fc. Registers: EAX=80000005 CS=017f EIP=3a48a4fc EFLGS=00010246 EBX=80000000 SS=0187 ESP=0056ebe8 EBP=0056ebfc ECX=00586628 DS=0187 ESI=bff54c52 FS=5257 EDX=00000000 ES=0187 EDI=00586710 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: ff ff ff ff 7f 85 c3 74 58 23 c7 50 ff d6 8b 4d Stack dump: 00586710 00586628 00586688 00586628 00586628 0056ee0c 3a489c07 00000003 00...

Backup pst files in Outlook 2003
Where does Win XP keep the updated Outlook pst files? I'm trying to re-locate them into sub-folder in My docs but find that the copies of these files in Explorer\User\Application data\microsodt\Outlook do not change date and time from day to day. So where do i find an up to date copy? "PensRep" wrote: > Where does Win XP keep the updated Outlook pst files? I'm trying to re-locate > them into sub-folder in My docs but find that the copies of these files in > Explorer\User\Application data\microsodt\Outlook do not change date and time > from day to day. ...