VSTO 2008 how to bind Form Region controls to Item data fields

Hi,

perhaps it's so obvious that I don't see it, but I searching the web now for about an hour and don't find an answer.

I'm using Outlook 2007.

So far I used VS2005 and designed my Form Regions with the Outlook Form Designer.

Now I wanted to try the new VS2008 and I'm excited  how easy the generation of an Add-In is BUT:

I can add a new Form Region, fine, but how do I add Controls that are bound to the Item Data Fields like a text control that is
bound the the "Subject" field of its Outlook Item??

Also how can I add "Outlook Specific controls" to a Form created with the VS2008 designer? Like the Body Control, or the Outlook
Categorie control?

Please give a pointer!

Tom

0
escamoteur

Hi,

nobody there who can help me?
Tom

"escamoteur" <mail@burkharts.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5A559CB9-BC02-4998-AD21-9B649439A92B@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> perhaps it's so obvious that I don't see it, but I searching the web now for about an hour and don't find an answer.
>
> I'm using Outlook 2007.
>
> So far I used VS2005 and designed my Form Regions with the Outlook Form Designer.
>
> Now I wanted to try the new VS2008 and I'm excited  how easy the generation of an Add-In is BUT:
>
> I can add a new Form Region, fine, but how do I add Controls that are bound to the Item Data Fields like a text control that is
> bound the the "Subject" field of its Outlook Item??
>
> Also how can I add "Outlook Specific controls" to a Form created with the VS2008 designer? Like the Body Control, or the Outlook
> Categorie control?
>
> Please give a pointer!
>
> Tom

0
escamoteur
5/5/2010 8:00:39 PM
Hi Tom,
I believe you can't use the VS designer to get Outlook specific controls.
If you want those you still need to design the form in Outlook and import it
via the New Form Region command.

Regards,
Casper

"escamoteur" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> nobody there who can help me?
> Tom
>
> "escamoteur" <mail@burkharts.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5A559CB9-BC02-4998-AD21-9B649439A92B@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > perhaps it's so obvious that I don't see it, but I searching the web now for about an hour and don't find an answer.
> >
> > I'm using Outlook 2007.
> >
> > So far I used VS2005 and designed my Form Regions with the Outlook Form Designer.
> >
> > Now I wanted to try the new VS2008 and I'm excited  how easy the generation of an Add-In is BUT:
> >
> > I can add a new Form Region, fine, but how do I add Controls that are bound to the Item Data Fields like a text control that is
> > bound the the "Subject" field of its Outlook Item??
> >
> > Also how can I add "Outlook Specific controls" to a Form created with the VS2008 designer? Like the Body Control, or the Outlook
> > Categorie control?
> >
> > Please give a pointer!
> >
> > Tom
> >
> .

Access 2007 FORM Copy
How do you copy a FORM from one table to another table (identically structured) in the same ACCESS 2007 database? The copies I'm making now stay associated with the original database and I don't see how to make them relate to the second table. Thanks. Dennis, You seem to mix up the things a little. Do you make a copy of a form in the same database and want it to be connected to table two? In that case change the recordsource of the form in designview and set it to the second table. If you have to do this in another database the technique is basicly the same... -- Maurice Aus...

Parsing inconsistent data
I'm using Access 2000. I have a names field that has inconsistent data in it. Sometimes it only has a FirstName and a LastName, and sometimes it also has a middle initial with or without a period after it: FirstName MI LastName. I'm currently parsing the field into FirstName and LastName by taking the first name from the left, and the last name from the right. FirstName: Trim(Left([CustomerName],InStr([CustomerName]," "))) LastName: Trim(Mid([CustomerName],InStrRev([CustomerName]," ")+1)) I'd like to know how I can parse out the middle initial, or the middle...

Sent items have gone!
We were using Live Mail on two networked PC's in our office, downloading mail from our website provider in IMAP and syncronising nicely. We had a hard drive crash on the main PC and had a new drive, and therefore had to reinstall the O/S. Since resinstalling Live mail, we no longer have anything in our 'Sent items' folder. There seems no good reason for this, its all set up to save a copy in the sent folder, and the IMAP leaves all the copies on the server as it should. We run Vista on both systems, networked together with no issues. Can anyone help us to keep a co...

modal options. my form open behind the form.
Hi. In the switchboad I have two buttons to open my FormA. From Form A can open FormB. Those two buttons in switchboard. has different methods to open FormA. Button1 opens the form in Add mode. Button2 opens the form in Edit mode with data. In the FormA I can insert records in a table. After I insert a record on FormA I press button that in there, called Button3. When I press Button3 from FormA I open FormB. My problem is that when I open FormA in Add mode the FormB opens behind FormA but if I open FormA in Edit mode the FormB opens in Front/ onTop of FormA. What can I do to make F...

importing e mail data into calender
how do i set e mail to auto import all calender appointment request e mails directly into my calender?? -- sg Microsoft sez: "Soon after a meeting request arrives in your Inbox, a piece of Outlook code — nicknamed the "sniffer" — automatically adds the meeting to your calendar and marks it as tentative. This is a fail-safe to keep you from missing the meeting in case you don't see the request in your Inbox. However, the sniffer doesn't reply to the meeting organizer. You still need to do that by accepting, accepting as tentative, or declining the re...

Hook to add item to transaction
I trying to create a hook that will add an item to the transaction screen but I keep getting errors. My dll is setup properly is being fired as I tested it with a 'Hello World' message box. This is what I have so far: Dim myobject As Object Set myobject = mysession.Transaction.Entries.Add(753, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0) TIA John John wrote: > I trying to create a hook that will add an item to the transaction screen > but I keep getting errors. My dll is setup properly is being fired as I > tested it with a 'Hello World' message box. This is what I have so far: > Di...

combo box on unbound form
Hi, I have an unbound form, frmClients, interacting with class Clients. On the form I have a combo box, cboNationality, based on tblNationalities but I can't make it work. Do I need to also create a class for nationalities and then create a parent child relationship with class Client? I am new to classes, this is my first attempt, and so far I have really followed a recipe from a book. Unfortunately the book doesn't explain what happens in this case. Thanks in advance, George Sounds like you need a TABLE of clients (and a bound form) why are you using a class? "George&quo...

Making a drop down control to choose a data series
Hi charting folks. I have a chart that has six data series plotted onto it. There are two sets of three "tests" that get their data plotted One in the morning and one in the evening. Right now, the chart is a bit cluttered with all six plots on it. They are, however, useful for an overall view. What I would like to do is create a drop down control that has three selections. Morning, Evening, and All. The All is obvious, and the Morning would select three columns of data, and the evening would select the other three. If I were to name the two sets of data using a ...

Win 2008 R2 backup
I am trying to schedule a system state backup to a network share using Windows Server Backup (Win 2008 R2). The backup runs fine when it's run manually, but it does not run when it's scheduled. Is there something I am overlooking or is it a problem with Win 2008? In article <eot2bZa1KHA.264@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, steve@nothing.ork says... > > I am trying to schedule a system state backup to a network share using > Windows Server Backup (Win 2008 R2). The backup runs fine when it's run > manually, but it does not run when it's scheduled. Is ...

GP 10 and Terminial Server 2008
My customer is having issues with GP 10 sp4 and Terminal Server 2008. Whenever they are in one of the Navigation panes (Purchasing) and they choose an option in the navigation Pane other than the PURCHASING (ie VENDORS) they are kicked out of GP. Has anyone come across this? ...

extracting numbers from data
Hi, Is there a way to extract the numbers, remove them and place them in an adjacent column from the cells in the example below? The LEFT function does not do the entire trick, since the amount of numbers differs per cell and I still need to delete the number in the original cell. 1bla 1.1blabla 1.1.1blablabla 1.1.1.1blablablabla Thanks ...

Country, Phone and email showing inthe Bill to or Ship To fields
When we set a customer in Store Operations POS we need to verify some extra information in the Bill to and Ship to windows for shipping purposes. Is there a way to display the Country, Phone number and the email address in these windows? At the very least we need to be able to see the country. Had a similar issue a few months ago where I needed to see customer email, phone, available balance, and account number - but the white boxes "bill to" and "ship to" aren't editable, so I got assistance on this newsgroup (think it was Jerry Data - thanks Jerry) on editing...

form still on task bar
I have added the code below to the on click event of a command button I want the form to be closed because when I navigate to a new form this form is a subform on the mainform(not linked) just a list but I have to refresh form manually DoCmd.Close acForm, "[JeffJobsToBEATqry Form]" thought when use the above code - the current form jeffjobstobeatqry form should CLOSE(not see on taskbar) and then when Main form opens it will Reopen and refresh??? why is the form still showing up on taskbar(doesn't seem to be closing with the above code)?? Thanks, Barb Hi ...

Creating a transparent background for a radio button on my form
I am using Word to create a form. I used the Legacy Controls to add radio buttons to the form. The radio buttons are in a table with a colored background. While in Design Mode, I went into the radio button properties and set the BackStyle to '0 - fmBackStyleTransparent' and the background seemed to become transparent. However, as soon as I leave Design Mode the radio button's default to a white background on top of my colored table cells. And at this point, the white background seems to write over the table borders making for a very messy appearance. Does a...

Form Displaying Wrong Number of Records
Access 2007 I have the following code in the On Current of my form Dim intNewrec As Integer intNewrec = IsNull(Me.DvdMovieID) If intNewrec Then lblCount.Caption = "***New Record***" Else lblCount.Caption = RecordsetClone.RecordCount & " Items" End If When the form initially opens lblCount displays "1 Items" until I select a record then the correct number of records are shown. The same code is in othewr forms with no problems. Any ideas? Thanks James JamesJ wrote: >Access 2007 > >I have the following code in ...

"Can't create item"
I'm am using Microsoft Outlook 2003 Business Edition. Everything has worked fine until today. Now when I click on an E-mail address in a web page, Outlook throw up a window saying "Can't Create item." I shut down Outlook and tried the same again. Then it says "Can't Open Microsoft Outlook." I rebooted and tried all again from scratch. Same story. Ideas? Much obliged, Doug Close Outlook, find and rename the frmscache.dat to .old. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching goog...

SBS 2008 std and Sql Server 2008 std question
SBS2008 came with Windows Server std 2008 and Sql Server std 2008. I installed SBS2008. I installed Windows Server 2008. I joined Windows Server 2008 to the SBS 2008 domain with a regular user account (I had to make a regular user account in SBS2008 so that when I joined the Windows Server 2008 to it, I would be able to install SQL Server 2008) I then installed SQL Server 2008. My question is this. Do I have to continue to login on Windows Server 2008 as a regular user or can I login to it as the administrator? If I do, will that affect my domain connection to SBS2008? Also, wil...

Calendar control code
I have a calendar pop up using Ron DeBruin’s code. I use this in many of my spreadsheets and most have always worked as intended. I have two separate worksheets that now the calendar is changing size each time they are opened. The mystery is that on one the calendar gets larger, to the point that it eventually fills the entire viewable screen. The other one gets smaller to the point that you can’t read the dates on the calendar. Both scroll properly. I have compared all the calendar properties for both and they are the same. The code is the same, with the exception of the ...

Locking a form
I have a database that was created so that 4 separate shops could go in and enter pertinent information about how their shops ran throughout the day so that my boss (and theirs) could report out to his boss at the end of the day about how things went. Each shop has its own form to enter their information. I gave them separate forms bound to 4 separate tables because the information gathered from each shop is unique. Each form opens with the following code: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) DoCmd.Maximize DoCmd.OpenForm "ShopDailyfrm", , , "txtDate = Date()&quo...

Cell with data validation allows blanks, pastes, deletions
Thanks mzehr, this appears to stop anything other than what you specif being entered, even though for it to work I have to add everything i my list into the macro. But how do I stop a deletion or a blan entry? Fuzz -- fuzzyfrea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- fuzzyfreak's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1465 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26275 Fuzzy, For that you will probably want to consider forcing the user to input the information into a user for. For starters ...

Customise Case Resolution Form
I would like to be able to add some fields to the Case Resolution form to capture additional information about how the case was resolved. Unfortunately CRM doesnt seem to allow any customisation of the Case Resolution Form or entity. Anyone found a way round this? Thanks Roger Hi Roger, I used a postcallout on status change before to capture additional information. If you want to customize the Resolution form. I think the only way to do it is to modify the the Resolution aspx page but this is an unsupported change. :( Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com Ro...

***regaining control of Excel***
HELP! I've been having a recurring general problem while working in Excel -- and it's driving me absolutely mad. While going about various entry/editing tasks, it inexplicably locks into 'right-button down' mode. That is, the program acts as if I am holding down the right mouse button and it selects all cells that I drag the mouse over. But I'm NOT holding down the mouse button. After this 'mode' engages I cannot do anything else in Excel -- ESC does not work, hot keys don't work, clicking on drop down menus does not work--NOTHING works. I have t...

upgrade path from 2008 home to 2008 full
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel hello, Is there an upgrade path to the full version of office 2008 from the home version or am I stuck with the three licenses I have of 'home'. I need exchange access in entourage and notice I need the full version of office to gain that functionality. In the upgrade eligibilty notes for the full version I dont see any info regarding the home edition. thanks in advance, scott On 3/13/08 1:11 PM, in article ee93c4a.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "slowden@officeformac.com" <slowden@officeformac.com> ...

Chart automation with entry data
How can I make my chart automation when I enter new data ? For example I have a statistic process control chart with mean line at center and upper/lower lines. I have to draw new chart every time I have new data. How can I make it automation updating the chart when I enter new data? I know some software on the shelf but just like doing with excel so other people in my group can see it Thanks in advance Daniel danielqk@gmail.com Jon Peltier provides links to a variety of resources via the link below: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicChartLinks.html A search on "Dynamic...