user defined fields 01-12-10

I have created a user defined field "GHINno".  Using copied code I can
emumate user defined fields and find "GHINno".  I have code the Sets folder
to the "Folder"- "Set MyContact = MyFolder.Folders("Seven Hills Mens Club")".
But I can't figure out how to get to the value(s) in "GHINno", either the
first value or loop through all values.  Any help with UserProperty or
Userproperties or whatever would be appriciated.
 Joe

See http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?ID=38 for info on property
syntax.

You can use a For Each ... Next loop to work with the items in the folder:

    On Error Resume Next
    For Each itm in MyContact.Items
        theValue = itm.UserProperties("GHINno")
        MsgBox theValue
    Next

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"JoeRob" <JoeRob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created a user defined field "GHINno".  Using copied code I can
> emumate user defined fields and find "GHINno".  I have code the Sets
> folder
> to the "Folder"- "Set MyContact = MyFolder.Folders("Seven Hills Mens
> Club")".
> But I can't figure out how to get to the value(s) in "GHINno", either the
> first value or loop through all values.  Any help with UserProperty or
> Userproperties or whatever would be appriciated.
> Joe

0
Sue
1/12/2010 10:13:46 PM
Thank you Sue.  I knew it was easy, just had to see how to do it.

"Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:

> See http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?ID=38 for info on property
> syntax.
>
> You can use a For Each ... Next loop to work with the items in the folder:
>
>     On Error Resume Next
>     For Each itm in MyContact.Items
>         theValue = itm.UserProperties("GHINno")
>         MsgBox theValue
>     Next
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
>    Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming:
>      Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators
>     http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54
>

> "JoeRob" <JoeRob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have created a user defined field "GHINno".  Using copied code I can
> > emumate user defined fields and find "GHINno".  I have code the Sets
> > folder
> > to the "Folder"- "Set MyContact = MyFolder.Folders("Seven Hills Mens
> > Club")".
> > But I can't figure out how to get to the value(s) in "GHINno", either the
> > first value or loop through all values.  Any help with UserProperty or
> > Userproperties or whatever would be appriciated.
> > Joe
>

> .

Update Date/Time Field
I am trying to run an update query where if the Date/Time field is blank, I want it to enter today's date. Here's what I have: UPDATE Royalties SET Royalties.DatePaid = Now() WHERE (((Royalties.DatePaid)="IsNull")); I'm getting a data type mismatch, so I'm assuming that it has something to do with the "DatePaid" field being a date/time field. I'm self-taught in Access so I'm not too knowledgeable about what I could be missing to make this work. Could someone help me? Thank you so much!! WHERE IsNull([Royalties].[DatePaid]) = True You tried to...

New to User Forms

Field Code PageRef is not updating when word doc opened
MS Word 2007 use of quickparts Field Code PageRef problem. The value for the reference is not automatically updating when document is opened, or when document is changed. It appears it only updates if I highlight area and click update. How can I make it so the PageRef is dynamically updated as document is changed, saved or when opened? PageRef fields never update automatically. You must trigger a field update with Ctrl+A, F9 or by printing or switching to Print Preview. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.or...

Users Shared Folders

Users not showing up All Users

Clearing yes/no fields
I have a yes/no field that I tag if I want to send a bill to various people. After I have sent the bill I want to clear the field so I can use the field at a later time. Is there a way to do this? Do an update query and set the fields to No or 0 (zero). Make a copy of the database or table first just in case things go wrong. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Dan" wrote: > I have a yes/no field that I tag if I want to send a bill to various people. > After I have sent the bill I ...

Follow on from simple question 12/8/2004
To Bob Umlas and Dave Peterson Many thanks for your help yesterday re transfering data in two long columns in to easier to view table exactly what we needed!! Cheers Ajay I know I join Bob in saying... Woohoo! Ajay wrote: > > To Bob Umlas and Dave Peterson > Many thanks for your help yesterday re transfering data in two long columns > in to easier to view table exactly what we needed!! > Cheers > Ajay -- Dave Peterson ...

user breakpoint

Need User Name and Password

Payroll GP 10.0

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Moving Pivot Chart Fields on a chart sheet
Does anyone know how I would move a field after my pivot chart is created? The value button is right in the way of my pie chart and the program is not allowing me to move it out of the way of the % w/leader lines. Thanks You can hide the field buttons: On the pivot toolbar, choose PivotChart>Hide Pivot Chart Field buttons sherobot wrote: > Does anyone know how I would move a field after my pivot chart is created? > The value button is right in the way of my pie chart and the program is not > allowing me to move it out of the way of the % w/leader lines. > > Thanks &...

Domain Controller 01-17-06
May i know how can i solve this problem. When i run Microsoft CRM Environment Diagnostics Wizard some of this message appear : Some of the domain controllers do not appear to be running. The following list of servers should be checked. PrivUserGroup ReportingGroup SQLAccessGroup UserGroup May i know how can i start these controller? Thanks. ...

Manager grayed out on user setup

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

Link table field format puzzle
I have one issue that doesn't make sense. Maybe some expert could help. I have one table in MS SQL (2005), there are two fields. GrossCost Numeric(15,2) NetCost Numeric(15,2) When I did an ODBC link table inside MS Access XP, the format of the two fields are different. For example, GrossCost will show 16.00 and NetCost will show 16 I open the link table in design view and find out the GrossCost's [format] property are set to 'Fixed' while the NetCost's [format] property are blank. Why Access treat the two fields differently if they have exact the same f...

Returning a label rather than a number in pivot table field
I am new to pivot tables and have managed to create a few that show the desired data. However, I would like the value returned to be the name of a company rather than a number. Is this possible? For example, I have company types in the column (e.g. small & big) and geographic location in rows (e.g. Europe & North America). The data shown in the pivot table is minimum, maximum and average. However, I would like the company name instead of the minimum value. I know that I can right-click and show details, but that is all the data, not just for the particular cell. ...

Cannot see full email address in From field
If a message is forwarded, I cannot see the email address from the original sender(s) or those CC'd. They show a displayed name. Is this a setting on my client or is it done on the sender's client? BTW, this happens on Outlook 2000 and 2003. Thanks, Francis ...

Increase field size
One of the fields we would like to be extended is Description field from payables Transactions window (Trans - Purchasing - Trans. Entry) How can we increase the fieldsize to take more characters. Rick Rick, You cannot modify field sizes on Dynamics table. Your best option in this case would be to use the document note. If you don't want to use a note here is a high level overview of what you would need to do. You would need to create a new table that contains the same keys as the Payables Transaction table. Your new table would contain any additional fields that you want to ma...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...