Send/Receive while outlook closed?

I have this code to send email using Excel macro, it works fine abut the
message stays in outbox until i open outlook then it sends it. how i can send
receive even if outlook closed?
any help? thanks!

Sub ComposeMail(strto As String, strSubject As String, strbody As String,
strAttachment As String)
    Dim objOL As Outlook.Application
    Dim objX As Outlook.MailItem

    Set objOL = New Outlook.Application
    Set objX = objOL.CreateItem(olMailItem)
    With objX
        .To = strto
        .Subject = strSubject
        .Body = strbody
        If strAttachment <> "" Then
            .Attachments.Add strAttachment
        End If
        .BodyFormat = olFormatHTML
        .Display
    End With
    Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:02"))
    Application.SendKeys "%s"
End Sub

0
adma

This might not be the answer you're looking for, but why not just
leave Outlook open?

--JP

On Nov 10, 3:41=A0pm, "adma" <u56099@uwe> wrote:
> I have this code to send email using Excel macro, it works fine abut the
> message stays in outbox until i open outlook then it sends it. how i can =
send
> receive even if outlook closed?
> any help? thanks!
>
> Sub ComposeMail(strto As String, strSubject As String, strbody As String,
> strAttachment As String)
> =A0 =A0 Dim objOL As Outlook.Application
> =A0 =A0 Dim objX As Outlook.MailItem
>
> =A0 =A0 Set objOL =3D New Outlook.Application
> =A0 =A0 Set objX =3D objOL.CreateItem(olMailItem)
> =A0 =A0 With objX
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 .To =3D strto
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 .Subject =3D strSubject
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 .Body =3D strbody
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 If strAttachment <> "" Then
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 .Attachments.Add strAttachment
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 End If
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 .BodyFormat =3D olFormatHTML
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 .Display
> =A0 =A0 End With
> =A0 =A0 Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:02"))
> =A0 =A0 Application.SendKeys "%s"
> End Sub

0
JP
11/10/2009 11:17:20 PM
Try putting a .send at the end of your With.

How are you early binding your objOL, I try that and am informed that excel
doesn't know about the Outlook class. and have to dimension as an Object and
use CreateObject.

"adma" wrote:

> I have this code to send email using Excel macro, it works fine abut the
> message stays in outbox until i open outlook then it sends it. how i can send
> receive even if outlook closed?
> any help? thanks!
>

> Sub ComposeMail(strto As String, strSubject As String, strbody As String,
> strAttachment As String)
>     Dim objOL As Outlook.Application
>     Dim objX As Outlook.MailItem
>
>     Set objOL = New Outlook.Application
>     Set objX = objOL.CreateItem(olMailItem)
>     With objX
>         .To = strto
>         .Subject = strSubject
>         .Body = strbody
>         If strAttachment <> "" Then
>             .Attachments.Add strAttachment
>         End If
>         .BodyFormat = olFormatHTML
>         .Display
>     End With
>     Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:02"))
>     Application.SendKeys "%s"
> End Sub
>
> .

the same, the message stays at the outbox.
Thanks for the reply

Old Man River wrote:
>Try putting a .send at the end of your With.
>
>How are you early binding your objOL, I try that and am informed that excel
>doesn't know about the Outlook class. and have to dimension as an Object and
>use CreateObject.
>
>> I have this code to send email using Excel macro, it works fine abut the
>> message stays in outbox until i open outlook then it sends it. how i can send
>[quoted text clipped - 23 lines]
>>
>> .

adma
11/11/2009 11:06:00 PM
Hi. In Outlook on the Tools Menu choose Options. Click the Mail Setup tab -
is "Send immeadiately when connected" selected? Might help.

"adma via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

> the same, the message stays at the outbox.
> Thanks for the reply
>
> Old Man River wrote:
> >Try putting a .send at the end of your With.
> >
> >How are you early binding your objOL, I try that and am informed that excel
> >doesn't know about the Outlook class. and have to dimension as an Object and
> >use CreateObject.
> >
> >> I have this code to send email using Excel macro, it works fine abut the
> >> message stays in outbox until i open outlook then it sends it. how i can send
> >[quoted text clipped - 23 lines]
> >>
> >> .

> .

On Nov 10, 3:41=A0pm, "adma" <u56099@uwe> wrote:
> I have this code to send email using Excel macro, it works fine abut the
> message stays in outbox until i open outlook then it sends it. how i can =
send
> receive even if outlook closed?
> any help? thanks!
>
> Sub ComposeMail(strto As String, strSubject As String, strbody As String,
> strAttachment As String)
> =A0 =A0 Dim objOL As Outlook.Application
> =A0 =A0 Dim objX As Outlook.MailItem
>
> =A0 =A0 Set objOL =3D New Outlook.Application
> =A0 =A0 Set objX =3D objOL.CreateItem(olMailItem)
> =A0 =A0 With objX
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 .To =3D strto
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 .Subject =3D strSubject
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 .Body =3D strbody
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 If strAttachment <> "" Then
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 .Attachments.Add strAttachment
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 End If
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 .BodyFormat =3D olFormatHTML
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 .Display
> =A0 =A0 End With
> =A0 =A0 Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:02"))
> =A0 =A0 Application.SendKeys "%s"
> End Sub

I'm interested in doing this as well, if you find/get a resolve please
post it.
bobh.
0
bobh
11/12/2009 8:08:23 PM
On Nov 12, 3:14=A0am, Old Man River
<OldManRi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi. In Outlook on the Tools Menu choose Options. Click the Mail Setup tab=
 -
> is "Send immeadiately when connected" selected? Might help.
>

> "adma via OfficeKB.com" wrote:
> > the same, the message stays at the outbox.
> > Thanks for the reply
>
> > Old Man River wrote:
> > >Try putting a .send at the end of your With.
>
> > >How are you early binding your objOL, I try that and am informed that =
excel
> > >doesn't know about the Outlook class. and have to dimension as an Obje=
ct and
> > >use CreateObject.

> > >[quoted text clipped - 23 lines]

> > --

but you still have to open outlook in order for it to connect and send
bobh
0
bobh
11/12/2009 8:09:24 PM
On Nov 10, 6:17=A0pm, JP <jp2...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> This might not be the answer you're looking for, but why not just
> leave Outlook open?
>
> --JP
>
> On Nov 10, 3:41=A0pm, "adma" <u56099@uwe> wrote:
>

> > I have this code to send email using Excel macro, it works fine abut th=
> > message stays in outbox until i open outlook then it sends it. how i ca=
n send
> > receive even if outlook closed?
> > any help? thanks!
>
> > Sub ComposeMail(strto As String, strSubject As String, strbody As Strin=
g,
> > strAttachment As String)
> > =A0 =A0 Dim objOL As Outlook.Application
> > =A0 =A0 Dim objX As Outlook.MailItem
>
> > =A0 =A0 Set objOL =3D New Outlook.Application
> > =A0 =A0 Set objX =3D objOL.CreateItem(olMailItem)
> > =A0 =A0 With objX
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 .To =3D strto
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 .Subject =3D strSubject
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 .Body =3D strbody
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 If strAttachment <> "" Then
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 .Attachments.Add strAttachment
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 End If
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 .BodyFormat =3D olFormatHTML
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 .Display
> > =A0 =A0 End With
> > =A0 =A0 Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:02"))
> > =A0 =A0 Application.SendKeys "%s"
> > End Sub- Hide quoted text -

if his situation is like mine;
I developed an Access application that has multiple users and I can
not make the assumption that all the users will have Outlook open so
when entering data on the Access data entry screen should they click
the 'Notify Manager' button I want the Noticification email to be send
in the background without user interaction and without having to
ensure that Outlook is open which so far I have NOT been able to do
using Outlook as the companies EMail client software.
So the issue is why does Outlook but the email message in it's outbox
instead of just sending it.
bobh.
0
bobh
11/12/2009 8:17:59 PM
thats exactly what is my problem, i have searched the net for solution but
nothing yes.

bobh wrote:
>> I have this code to send email using Excel macro, it works fine abut the
>> message stays in outbox until i open outlook then it sends it. how i can send
>[quoted text clipped - 21 lines]
>>     Application.SendKeys "%s"
>> End Sub
>
>I'm interested in doing this as well, if you find/get a resolve please
>post it.
>bobh.

adma
11/12/2009 8:45:38 PM
it did not help , still puts it in the outbox

Old Man River wrote:
>Try putting a .send at the end of your With.
>
>How are you early binding your objOL, I try that and am informed that excel
>doesn't know about the Outlook class. and have to dimension as an Object and
>use CreateObject.
>
>> I have this code to send email using Excel macro, it works fine abut the
>> message stays in outbox until i open outlook then it sends it. how i can send
>[quoted text clipped - 23 lines]
>>
>> .

adma
11/12/2009 8:46:59 PM
I understand your (and everyone else's) concern regarding this issue,
but there is a solution: leave Outlook open. Who doesn't leave it open
all day to get meeting reminders, receive important emails from the
boss, etc anyway?

If you want to send an email without user interaction, and you must
use Outlook, try using Redemption (http://www.dimastr.com/
redemption/). Or see http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm for other
tips.

As a workaround, use GetObject to see if Outlook is open, and if it
isn't, warn your end users (via MsgBox) that without Outlook open,
their messages will be delayed.

--JP

On Nov 12, 3:17=A0pm, bobh <vulca...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Nov 10, 6:17=A0pm, JP <jp2...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>

> > This might not be the answer you're looking for, but why not just
> > leave Outlook open?
>
> > --JP
>
> > On Nov 10, 3:41=A0pm, "adma" <u56099@uwe> wrote:
>
> > > I have this code to send email using Excel macro, it works fine abut =
the
> > > message stays in outbox until i open outlook then it sends it. how i =
can send
> > > receive even if outlook closed?
> > > any help? thanks!
>
> > > Sub ComposeMail(strto As String, strSubject As String, strbody As Str=
ing,
> > > strAttachment As String)
> > > =A0 =A0 Dim objOL As Outlook.Application
> > > =A0 =A0 Dim objX As Outlook.MailItem
>
> > > =A0 =A0 Set objOL =3D New Outlook.Application
> > > =A0 =A0 Set objX =3D objOL.CreateItem(olMailItem)
> > > =A0 =A0 With objX
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 .To =3D strto
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 .Subject =3D strSubject
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 .Body =3D strbody
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 If strAttachment <> "" Then
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 .Attachments.Add strAttachment
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 End If
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 .BodyFormat =3D olFormatHTML
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 .Display
> > > =A0 =A0 End With
> > > =A0 =A0 Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:02"))
> > > =A0 =A0 Application.SendKeys "%s"
> > > End Sub- Hide quoted text -

> if his situation is like mine;
> I developed an Access application that has multiple users and I can
> not make the assumption that all the users will have Outlook open so
> when entering data on the Access data entry screen should they click
> the 'Notify Manager' button I want the Noticification email to be send
> in the background without user interaction and without having to
> ensure that Outlook is open which so far I have NOT been able to do
> using Outlook as the companies EMail client software.
> So the issue is why does Outlook but the email message in it's outbox
> instead of just sending it.
> bobh.- Hide quoted text -

JP
11/12/2009 9:40:58 PM
Thanks!
i will try and let you know which one works for me.

JP wrote:
>I understand your (and everyone else's) concern regarding this issue,
>but there is a solution: leave Outlook open. Who doesn't leave it open
>all day to get meeting reminders, receive important emails from the
>boss, etc anyway?
>
>If you want to send an email without user interaction, and you must
>use Outlook, try using Redemption (http://www.dimastr.com/
>redemption/). Or see http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm for other
>tips.
>
>As a workaround, use GetObject to see if Outlook is open, and if it
>isn't, warn your end users (via MsgBox) that without Outlook open,
>their messages will be delayed.
>
>--JP
>
>> > This might not be the answer you're looking for, but why not just
>> > leave Outlook open?
>[quoted text clipped - 42 lines]

adma
11/13/2009 3:39:26 AM
i used redemption, copied installed it added to reference library

i copied their example into a sub for testing

Sub redemail()

Dim SafeItem, oItem
Set SafeItem = CreateObject("Redemption.SafeMailItem") 'Create an instance of
Redemption.SafeMailItem
Set oItem = Application.CreateItem(0) 'Create a new message
SafeItem.Item = oItem 'set Item property
SafeItem.Recipients.Add "myemail@mycompany.com"
SafeItem.Recipients.ResolveAll
SafeItem.Subject = "Testing Redemption"
SafeItem.Send

End Sub

here is the error
run-time error '438':

Object doesn't support this property or method at this line
'Set oItem = Application.CreateItem(0) 'Create a new message

what shall i do?

any help?

JP wrote:
>I understand your (and everyone else's) concern regarding this issue,
>but there is a solution: leave Outlook open. Who doesn't leave it open
>all day to get meeting reminders, receive important emails from the
>boss, etc anyway?
>
>If you want to send an email without user interaction, and you must
>use Outlook, try using Redemption (http://www.dimastr.com/
>redemption/). Or see http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm for other
>tips.
>
>As a workaround, use GetObject to see if Outlook is open, and if it
>isn't, warn your end users (via MsgBox) that without Outlook open,
>their messages will be delayed.
>
>--JP
>
>> > This might not be the answer you're looking for, but why not just
>> > leave Outlook open?
>[quoted text clipped - 42 lines]

adma
11/13/2009 8:10:30 PM
You're in Excel, trying to use code written for Outlook. You need to
create an instance of Outlook.Application, then use that reference.

i.e.

Dim olApp As Outlook.Application
Set olApp =3D CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set oItem =3D olApp.CreateItem(0) 'Create a new message

--JP

On Nov 13, 3:10=A0pm, "adma via OfficeKB.com" <u56099@uwe> wrote:
> i used redemption, copied installed it added to reference library
>
> i copied their example into a sub for testing
>
> Sub redemail()
>
> Dim SafeItem, oItem
> Set SafeItem =3D CreateObject("Redemption.SafeMailItem") 'Create an insta=
nce of
> Redemption.SafeMailItem
> Set oItem =3D Application.CreateItem(0) 'Create a new message
> SafeItem.Item =3D oItem 'set Item property
> SafeItem.Recipients.Add "myem...@mycompany.com"
> SafeItem.Recipients.ResolveAll
> SafeItem.Subject =3D "Testing Redemption"
> SafeItem.Send
>
> End Sub
>
> here is the error
> run-time error '438':
>
> Object doesn't support this property or method at this line
> 'Set oItem =3D Application.CreateItem(0) 'Create a new message
>
> what shall i do?
>
> any help?
0
JP
11/13/2009 8:56:30 PM
i have this code which worked fine but still can not send it out unless i
open outlook

i have outlook 2003

i am sooo sadddddd

Sub redmail()
Dim SafeItem, oItem
Dim objOL As Outlook.Application
Dim objX As Outlook.MailItem

Set objOL = New Outlook.Application
Set objX = objOL.CreateItem(0)
Set SafeItem = CreateObject("Redemption.SafeMailItem") 'Create an instance of
Set oItem = objOL.CreateItem(0) 'Create a new message
SafeItem.Item = oItem 'set Item property
SafeItem.Recipients.Add "myemai@company.com"
SafeItem.Subject = "Deamdn File"

adma wrote:
>thats exactly what is my problem, i have searched the net for solution but
>nothing yes.
>
>>> I have this code to send email using Excel macro, it works fine abut the
>>> message stays in outbox until i open outlook then it sends it. how i can send
>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
>>post it.
>>bobh.

adma
11/13/2009 10:42:17 PM
Hi adma.

I was just browsing Outlook Object Model and found this

Sub SendAndReceive(showProgressDialog As Boolean)
    Member of Outlook.NameSpace

Remembering your request you could try objOL.Namespace.SendAndRecieve(False)

No Guarantees as I haven't used it. (You might test Namespace to see if its
null though.)

"adma via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

> i have this code which worked fine but still can not send it out unless i
> open outlook
>
> i have outlook 2003
>
> i am sooo sadddddd
>

> Sub redmail()
> Dim SafeItem, oItem
> Dim objOL As Outlook.Application
> Dim objX As Outlook.MailItem
>
> Set objOL = New Outlook.Application
> Set objX = objOL.CreateItem(0)
> Set SafeItem = CreateObject("Redemption.SafeMailItem") 'Create an instance of
> Set oItem = objOL.CreateItem(0) 'Create a new message
> SafeItem.Item = oItem 'set Item property
> SafeItem.Recipients.Add "myemai@company.com"
> SafeItem.Subject = "Deamdn File"
> SafeItem.Recipients.ResolveAll
>
> SafeItem.Send
>
> End Sub
>

> adma wrote:
> >thats exactly what is my problem, i have searched the net for solution but
> >nothing yes.

> >[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
> >>post it.
> >>bobh.

> .

It did not help.

thanks!

Old Man River wrote:
>Hi adma.
>
>I was just browsing Outlook Object Model and found this
>
>Sub SendAndReceive(showProgressDialog As Boolean)
>    Member of Outlook.NameSpace
>
>Remembering your request you could try objOL.Namespace.SendAndRecieve(False)
>
>No Guarantees as I haven't used it. (You might test Namespace to see if its
>null though.)
>
>> i have this code which worked fine but still can not send it out unless i
>> open outlook
>[quoted text clipped - 29 lines]

adma
11/24/2009 9:59:30 PM
Another glance at the Outlook object browser would tell you why it won't
work: There is no Application.Namespace property. There is, however, an
Application.Session property that returns a Namespace object, thus:
objOL.Session.SendAndReceive(False), assuming you have a valid objOL
(Outlook.Application) object.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"adma via OfficeKB.com" <u56099@uwe> wrote in message
> It did not help.
>
> thanks!
>
> Old Man River wrote:
>>Hi adma.
>>
>>I was just browsing Outlook Object Model and found this
>>
>>Sub SendAndReceive(showProgressDialog As Boolean)
>>    Member of Outlook.NameSpace
>>
>>Remembering your request you could try
>>objOL.Namespace.SendAndRecieve(False)
>>
>>No Guarantees as I haven't used it. (You might test Namespace to see if
>>its
>>null though.)
>>
>>> i have this code which worked fine but still can not send it out unless
>>> open outlook
>>[quoted text clipped - 29 lines]

0
Sue
11/24/2009 10:24:36 PM
not this one too, still cant have it send the email
Sue Mosher [MVP] wrote:
>Another glance at the Outlook object browser would tell you why it won't
>work: There is no Application.Namespace property. There is, however, an
>Application.Session property that returns a Namespace object, thus:
>objOL.Session.SendAndReceive(False), assuming you have a valid objOL
>(Outlook.Application) object.
>
>> It did not help.
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]
>>>[quoted text clipped - 29 lines]

adma

outlook express password #3
I want to password protect my outlook express so that you need the password to access new mail. why is it that even though the "enter password box" appears, you can still see the "in box" messages in the screen behind? if you "click" cancel on the enter password, you can still access any inbox mail that appears on the screen. is there a setting so that when you click outlook icon and enter a password to access, no other box appears on the screen? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outl...

Missing Maximise/minimise/close buttons
I have been using Windows Live Mail for over a year and am very happy with it. However, I have suddenly lost the Maximise/Minimise/Close buttons when I open an email or when I write an email! The buttons are visible when I open Windows Live Mail, but when I write a "New" email or I open a received email, they are not in their normal location of top right. I have repaired my Live Mail installation but this has not fixed the problem. Would be grateful for any help in this matter. -- dgo47 Left click on the title bar and drag to the left. -- Ron Sommer MS M...

No message in outbox

Master Category List keeps reverting to default list
I have had the Master Category List revert to the default list several times now. This has happend at least 6 times since I upgraded to Office 2003 a year ago. This is annoying, as I have my own, different, list of categories that I use. I have used the good info that Sue Mosher provides at: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olcat.htm to make a backup of my catagories. Using the registry restore routine certainly makes the fix a bit easier than retyping all of the categories. Still, having to dink with the registry to keep outlook from destrying my data is more than a bit unnerving. Does...

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

Installing CRM SFO (Sales for Outlook)
Hi all, I know this has been answered before but I can´t find it on the newsgroups or in the knowledge base. What is the fix for installing SFO without the local user having Admin rights. I found the KB arcticle (https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYVTQUUXNNZOUKYPPPQSNNPQVXOKWVPZWKNZPWQPQPROKZKMLMMYLZSMKRLWVZOQWZZYTLUUVMQLVTLOKP) on how to do it buy granting admin rights to each of the users individually, but I remember reading somewhere how to fix this problem. Is there a hotfix or somthing? Ideas? David Try this link http://www.microsoft.com...

Outlook 2007
Hi, I am having the following problem with Outlook 2007. Whenever I run outlook the CPU utilization goes up over 99%. I've been using OL 2007 for over 4 months and it was working fine. Tried repairing/recreating the OST and PST files. Tried disabling all Add-ins (LinkedIn, Outlook Connector, etc.) tried running Outlook in Safe Mode. Nothing seems to work. Anyone has any ideas as to what might be wrong?? I havent recently installed or uninstalled anything on my machine. I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 2, Norton Antivirus, RealSecure Desktop protector. Do you have iTunes/iPod...

Sending mail from remote location

Send and Recieve Fix

Outlook 2002 XP no response

Unable to send?

Microsoft closing their newsgroups??
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx Anyone know if it's *all* the microsoft groups. Be a great shame if they do. mick "mick" <coughcough@privacy.com> wrote in message news:OdT4BEK7KHA.356@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx > > Anyone know if it's *all* the microsoft groups. Be a great shame > if they do. Eventually all, yes. I was going to create a thread asking the regulars here where they intended to go. I'll guess I'll hijack yours to do so.... I ...

Sending messages in Outlook

Outlook not opening IE8
I am running Windows 7 64 bit, Outlook 2007 and IE8. Recently Outlook has given me an error message when I click on a hyperlink to IE, stating "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I am the administrator; what do I do? -- Larry "Larry H" <LarryH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE68908B-9B34-442E-B1C1-8022078730C9@microsoft.com... > I am running Windows 7 64 bit, Outlook 2007 and IE8. Recently Outlook has > given me an error message when I c...

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

Can't find my pab file in outlook 2002
I can't find my pab file so I can copy my contacts to another computer. I don't know that Outlook uses a PAB file unless you specified it when you set that version of Outlook up. If you did, do a file search for *.pab. If not, then it should be located in a .pst. Are you using Outlook via POP3 for mail, IMAP, Exchange (usually a business environment? -- K. Orland Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny "Kathy" wrote: > I can't find my pab file so I can copy my cont...

Send Do Not Send

Sending on behalf... Exchange 2003

Lost Contacts in Outlook
I installed XP Pro over Home...how do I retrieve my Contacts? Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked: | I installed XP Pro over Home...how do I retrieve my | Contacts? ...

What was Outlook sending?

Emails from Outlook to Hotmail accounts
I have just change my email client from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002. Messages sent to Hotmail addresses are not getting through and produce a message: 550 Recipient Not Authorised [recipient rejected due to no authorised destination groups] If anyone can tell me how to overcome this I should be most grateful. You may need to set up authentication to your outgoing server, which can be done on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account (press the "More Settings..." button on the account page). -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided &quo...

Outlook 2003 on Vista Business
One of my colleague's machine having problem when open an attached .doc or ..pdf file. The Outlook 2003 will restart automatically by itself for sometime. There was no Google's software installed. I also uninstalled the Norton Internet Security 2008. The problem still the same. Please help. Just found some information about this. Someone said register the following 2 dll files can fix this problem: actxprxy.dll shdocvw.dll Is that true? "Bryan Tang" <bryantang01@netvigator.com> ���g��l��s�D:eIGzjM4mIHA.4504@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > One of my colleague'...