Scheduled Task Fails running Code to send Outlook Mail from Excel.

I am trying to run this subroutine from an Excel Macro in a Scheduled job.

Private Sub SendMessage()
    Dim OutApp As Object
    Dim OutMail As Object
    'ToStr, Subject and strBody are globals in the Excel VB Module.

    Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
    Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0)
    With OutMail
        .To = ToStr
        .CC = "xxx@yyy" 'Real address obscured here.
        .BCC = ""
        .Subject = Subject
        .Body = strbody
        .Send
    End With
End Sub

It works perfectly when triggered by opening the spreadsheet which has an
auto run macro which invokes the code. Either manually from Excel or by
running the Command Line "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office12\Excel.exe" /r "C:\Users\Alan\Documents\HSC\Fence Check\Fence
Check Auto Run.xlsm"

Normally the scheduled task that runs the same code (there is a bit more to
it) runs perfectly but when it hits the above it is failing and as a result
screwing up the scheduled job which then fails to complete and subsequently
will not run until after a reboot and re-registering the task.

This is a follow on from a previous thread viz:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistaprograms/thread/96994b77-d690-4403-8b51-4e1d0ae998e1?prof=required

Can anybody help or suggest a workaround. P.S. I always have Outlook Open on
my Desktop and I hate having to late bind the Objects in this code.

---Also posted in Office Developer Automation - but seems a pretty inactive
forum.

I have no idea how that other link relates to this but just use GetObject()
to see if Outlook is running, if not use CreateObject().

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"Old Man River" <OldManRiver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to run this subroutine from an Excel Macro in a Scheduled job.
>
> Private Sub SendMessage()
>    Dim OutApp As Object
>    Dim OutMail As Object
>    'ToStr, Subject and strBody are globals in the Excel VB Module.
>
>    Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
>    Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0)
>    With OutMail
>        .To = ToStr
>        .CC = "xxx@yyy" 'Real address obscured here.
>        .BCC = ""
>        .Subject = Subject
>        .Body = strbody
>        .Send
>    End With
> End Sub
>
> It works perfectly when triggered by opening the spreadsheet which has an
> auto run macro which invokes the code. Either manually from Excel or by
> running the Command Line "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
> Office\Office12\Excel.exe" /r "C:\Users\Alan\Documents\HSC\Fence
> Check\Fence
> Check Auto Run.xlsm"
>
> Normally the scheduled task that runs the same code (there is a bit more
> it) runs perfectly but when it hits the above it is failing and as a
> result
> screwing up the scheduled job which then fails to complete and
> subsequently
> will not run until after a reboot and re-registering the task.
>
> This is a follow on from a previous thread viz:
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistaprograms/thread/96994b77-d690-4403-8b51-4e1d0ae998e1?prof=required
>
> Can anybody help or suggest a workaround. P.S. I always have Outlook Open
> on
> my Desktop and I hate having to late bind the Objects in this code.
>
> ---Also posted in Office Developer Automation - but seems a pretty
> inactive
> forum.

0
Ken
11/11/2009 2:19:41 PM
Thanks Ken but as I understand it Outlook is a single instance programme so
both GetObject() and CreateObject() are equivalent. Thing is it works
perfectly when manually triggered but fails in a scheduled task!

"Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> I have no idea how that other link relates to this but just use GetObject()
> to see if Outlook is running, if not use CreateObject().
>
> --
> Ken Slovak
> [MVP - Outlook]
> http://www.slovaktech.com
> Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
> Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options.
> http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm
>

> "Old Man River" <OldManRiver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to run this subroutine from an Excel Macro in a Scheduled job.
> >
> > Private Sub SendMessage()
> >    Dim OutApp As Object
> >    Dim OutMail As Object
> >    'ToStr, Subject and strBody are globals in the Excel VB Module.
> >
> >    Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
> >    Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0)
> >    With OutMail
> >        .To = ToStr
> >        .CC = "xxx@yyy" 'Real address obscured here.
> >        .BCC = ""
> >        .Subject = Subject
> >        .Body = strbody
> >        .Send
> >    End With
> > End Sub
> >
> > It works perfectly when triggered by opening the spreadsheet which has an
> > auto run macro which invokes the code. Either manually from Excel or by
> > running the Command Line "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
> > Office\Office12\Excel.exe" /r "C:\Users\Alan\Documents\HSC\Fence
> > Check\Fence
> > Check Auto Run.xlsm"
> >
> > Normally the scheduled task that runs the same code (there is a bit more
> > it) runs perfectly but when it hits the above it is failing and as a
> > result
> > screwing up the scheduled job which then fails to complete and
> > subsequently
> > will not run until after a reboot and re-registering the task.
> >
> > This is a follow on from a previous thread viz:
> > http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistaprograms/thread/96994b77-d690-4403-8b51-4e1d0ae998e1?prof=required
> >
> > Can anybody help or suggest a workaround. P.S. I always have Outlook Open
> > on
> > my Desktop and I hate having to late bind the Objects in this code.
> >
> > ---Also posted in Office Developer Automation - but seems a pretty
> > inactive
> > forum.
>
> .

Did you try what I suggested? If not try it and see if it helps.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.

> Thanks Ken but as I understand it Outlook is a single instance programme
> so
> both GetObject() and CreateObject() are equivalent. Thing is it works
> perfectly when manually triggered but fails in a scheduled task!

0
Ken
11/12/2009 3:07:46 PM
Thanks Ken

Put some debug code in and am getting the error
"Error #  70 was generated by VBAProjectPermission denied" if I use
CreateObject
and
"Error # -2147221020 was generated by VBAProjectAutomation error
Invalid syntax " if I use GetObject.

But thanks anyway. I'll start a new post to see if anyone can tell me what
this error means.

"Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> Did you try what I suggested? If not try it and see if it helps.
>
> --
> Ken Slovak
> [MVP - Outlook]
> http://www.slovaktech.com
> Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
> Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options.
> http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm
>

> "Old Man River" <OldManRiver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Ken but as I understand it Outlook is a single instance programme
> > so
> > both GetObject() and CreateObject() are equivalent. Thing is it works
> > perfectly when manually triggered but fails in a scheduled task!
>
> .

PMFJI, but it may mean that what you're trying to do isn't possible, given
that automating Outlook from a scheduled task is not a supported scenario.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

> Thanks Ken
>
> Put some debug code in and am getting the error
> "Error #  70 was generated by VBAProjectPermission denied" if I use
> CreateObject
> and
> "Error # -2147221020 was generated by VBAProjectAutomation error
> Invalid syntax " if I use GetObject.
>
> But thanks anyway. I'll start a new post to see if anyone can tell me what
> this error means.
>

> "Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Did you try what I suggested? If not try it and see if it helps.
>>
>> --
>> Ken Slovak
>> [MVP - Outlook]
>> http://www.slovaktech.com
>> Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
>> Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options.
>> http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm
>>

>> "Old Man River" <OldManRiver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks Ken but as I understand it Outlook is a single instance
>> > programme
>> > so
>> > both GetObject() and CreateObject() are equivalent. Thing is it works
>> > perfectly when manually triggered but fails in a scheduled task!
>>
>> .

0
Sue
11/12/2009 5:38:58 PM
Tried again after checking the GetObject syntax and adding in a comma and got:
Error #  429 was generated by VBAProjectActiveX component can't create object.
Different Error message but does confirm that Create and Get Object are
equivelent for OutLook.

"Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> Did you try what I suggested? If not try it and see if it helps.
>
> --
> Ken Slovak
> [MVP - Outlook]
> http://www.slovaktech.com
> Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
> Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options.
> http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm
>

> "Old Man River" <OldManRiver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Ken but as I understand it Outlook is a single instance programme
> > so
> > both GetObject() and CreateObject() are equivalent. Thing is it works
> > perfectly when manually triggered but fails in a scheduled task!
>
> .

Sue gave you  the answer. I made a mistake in not remembering that your
scenario is not supported. She's absolutely correct.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"Old Man River" <OldManRiver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Ken
>
> Put some debug code in and am getting the error
> "Error #  70 was generated by VBAProjectPermission denied" if I use
> CreateObject
> and
> "Error # -2147221020 was generated by VBAProjectAutomation error
> Invalid syntax " if I use GetObject.
>
> But thanks anyway. I'll start a new post to see if anyone can tell me what
> this error means.

0
Ken
11/13/2009 12:07:02 AM
Feel free to jump whenever you want!

Thank's I was begining to think that it was a security issue. So I'll have
to skin this cat a different way (Can't accept impossible)!

I'm thinking (hoping) pick up on a reminder event in Outlook and trigger the
Excel from there. Just need to have a scheduled job that wakes the machine so
Outlook triggers the reminder if I'm away for a while.

"Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:

> PMFJI, but it may mean that what you're trying to do isn't possible, given
> that automating Outlook from a scheduled task is not a supported scenario.
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
>    Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming:
>      Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators
>     http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54
>

> "Old Man River" <OldManRiver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Ken
> >
> > Put some debug code in and am getting the error
> > "Error #  70 was generated by VBAProjectPermission denied" if I use
> > CreateObject
> > and
> > "Error # -2147221020 was generated by VBAProjectAutomation error
> > Invalid syntax " if I use GetObject.
> >
> > But thanks anyway. I'll start a new post to see if anyone can tell me what
> > this error means.
> >

> > "Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> Did you try what I suggested? If not try it and see if it helps.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ken Slovak
> >> [MVP - Outlook]
> >> http://www.slovaktech.com
> >> Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
> >> Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options.
> >> http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm
> >>

> >> "Old Man River" <OldManRiver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> .
> >>

> .

Many Thanks Ken for your interest - see my post in response to Sue's.

"Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> Sue gave you  the answer. I made a mistake in not remembering that your
> scenario is not supported. She's absolutely correct.
>
> --
> Ken Slovak
> [MVP - Outlook]
> http://www.slovaktech.com
> Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
> Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options.
> http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm
>

> "Old Man River" <OldManRiver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Ken
> >
> > Put some debug code in and am getting the error
> > "Error #  70 was generated by VBAProjectPermission denied" if I use
> > CreateObject
> > and
> > "Error # -2147221020 was generated by VBAProjectAutomation error
> > Invalid syntax " if I use GetObject.
> >
> > But thanks anyway. I'll start a new post to see if anyone can tell me what
> > this error means.
>
> .

Mirror data file in Outlook 2003
hi, I've been having a strange problem in outlook 2003. I only have one data file (PST) but outlook displays it twice. The second one has an icon like an archive but I can't remove it. The two entries are the same if I remove something from the one its removed in both. Does anybody know why this is?? I never had this problem with outlook 2002. Have you gone to email accounts to see how many .psts you have? If you remove one from there, does it fix the problem? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus,...

Number of wsheets in an excel workbook???
hey guys, how many wsheets does one excel workbook have? I need to have about 66 - is that possible? Thanks. Maria -- mariasa ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mariasa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31726 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=521656 Yes I have created a workbook with more sheets in it that that. obviously depending on the amount of data on each sheet your workbook could be getting quite large and possibly unmanageable! I guess you will have to try it! D...

Add-in damaged Excel
Hi! I just saved a signature creating macro on our server as an add-in. This way I can install the add-in on all our workstations and by that give everyone easy access to the macro. All worked well at first. However, after a small modification of the code, and a new save-as add-in, my Excel just wouldn't start. "There was an error starting this add-in..." and so on. I'm asked to send a report to Microsoft and then Excel shuts down. I have unistalled Office and reistalled it again, but still the same problem. Does anyone have an idea hat I should do next? A register proble...

New Task from PWA My Tasks Causing Delay in Leveling
We are running Project Server 2007 and Project Profesional 2007 with the latest server packs. A user requests a "New Task" from their "My Tasks" PWA page. The Project Manager accepts this "New Task" and it gets added to the Project Schedule. If the Project Manager then Resource Levels the schedule, that "New Task" gets moved out in time for no apparent reason. It is as if extra delay has been added without the knowledge of the Project Manager. Any clues or reasons on why this is happening? Jim Is the new task linked to other tasks...

RM Error: General failure in scheduling engine
Good day! It seems my installation of CRM 3.0 was ok. I did not come across any errors, but I have landed with this annoying error; CRM Error: General failure in scheduling engine. Is crops up when viewing the Service Calendar and any acvtivity involving a calendar function. Is there anyone who could shine some light on this problem, or have a cure? Any help would be welcome. Ralph Lehmann Hi Ralph, I ain´t got this failure yet, but I got also a problem with some kind of calendar (creating a new item from within outlook won´t work) and so I searched around a bit. maybe this...

Outlook will not connect to ISP consistently
Keep getting error message 0x800xxx0f; MS says to download SP1, but it will not download. Earthlink says it's a MS download problem. Please help or advise where I can call and get help. ...

Excel to Excel, Cut & Paste, 1 cell, text, multiplies file size f.
Hello I have two Excel files, the main file is ~1MB and the other is 43KB. When I Cut and Paste between the two the system takes >2 minutes to complete the C&P operation. After several C&P the delay is in the 10+ min range. If I save and exit the file the master is now over 10MB. Each operation is no more then 1 or 2 cells at a time, the cells are text only. If I cut from the cell but enter on the formula bar, 1 cell at a time, I have no problem. I do this operation all the time and have never had this problem before. I am assuming it is from the smaller Excel file but cannot...

E-mails directly to Archive?
Is there a way for a users e-mail to be directly sent to their archive while they are away on vacation? I found the rule in outlook but it will only work when Outlook is running. I am looking for something on the server that will do this and therefore will not depend on Outlook. Thanks in advance On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 08:06:02 -0700, "ib_redbeard" <ibredbeard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way for a users e-mail to be directly sent to their archive while >they are away on vacation? I found the rule in outlook but it will only work >when Outlook ...

Code to add entry into Combo Box
Hello I have created a combo box that currently has the names of 8 instructors. As in life, there may be additions to list of instructors. How do I set up the code that will add new entries to my combo box so that it will now appear in the list of instructors? Thank you in advance. Your best bet would be to have a table that includes the list of instructors and use that as the RowSource of the combo box. You'd then be able to add (or remove) rows from the table. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "forest8&...

when I minimise outlook it closes and I have to reopen.
when I minimise outlook it closes and I have to reopen. How do I rectify? Aeroblique wrote: > when I minimise outlook it closes and I have to reopen. How do I rectify? Stop clicking on the "X" exit button in the titlebar of Outlook's window. Click on the *minimize* button in the titlebar. The option has Outlook minimize to a tray icon, not to override the exit function. If you have configured Outlook to minimize to a tray icon and are indeed minimizing Outlook instead of exiting it but don't see the tray icon then maybe you configured the Windows taskbar t...

Task Manager on Windows XP
Hi, My PC which is running Windows XP Pro with SP2 suddenly has the Microsoft Windows XP "Task Manager" not working as before. It seems to be damaged, and does not show the top level menu that allowed me to choose whether to look at the 'performance graph' or at 'processes' or ' applications' !!!!!! All I see now seems to be a list of processes running (might be just the 'processes' screen/window portion of Task Manger). I don't have access to looking at the running 'applications' or looking at the CPU and Memory graphs, nor am I a...

Unable to send to a couple different domains
I have Exchange Server 2003 running on a 2000 Server. Recenly we have been getting bounced messages from 3 different domains. The message reads "The destination server for this recipient could not be found in Domain Name Service (DNS). Please verify the email address and retry. If that fails, contact your administrator.<8th-jd-cc.comm_corr #5.4.0>" I have tried changing the DNS entries under the SMTP virtual server. Searching on Microsofts site I find this possible problem "The SMTP connector is configured to forward e-mail messages to a smart host, and the SMTP ...

Can not customize Outlook today
We have installed outlook 2000 on everyone's pc. We do not use exchange server. We are using Ipswitch's IMail server. When a user clicks on Customize Outlook Today it does not go to any screen that allows for customization. Nothing happens. Does this feature need to be turned on somewhere or does it have to have Exchange Server to work? Thanks in advance, Paul Ivaska The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx...

scheduling meeting
Hello, We are finally switching over and using Outlook to schedule meetings. Our secretaries will be able to schedule meetings for us. If a secretary schedules a meeting on my behalf, the meeting entry automatically gets put into my calendar. I was wondering if there was a way to receive a notification that the meeting was scheduled. Otherwise, they could schedule meetings on my behalf and I might not ever know it. Thanks. Dan ...

scheduling
I have a client who is looking for scheduling software that integrates with RMS. they need to be able to schedule classes and trainers, sort of like in a fitness center. Has anyone seen anything like this integrated with RMS thanks, -- Ronald Warsaski World Wide Network Solutions, Inc. Hi Ron, We are finishing an advanced scheduling module in mid - late Novembre. I can send you a 36 page detailed document ifyou wish. Email me if interested. Afshin Alikhani - [afshin@retailrealm.co.uk] CEO - Retail Realm -- URL http://www.retailrealm.co.uk "Ron Warsaski" wrote: > I h...

Excel 2003 #33
I hope that someone can help with this data collection A1 B1 a 4 digit no a 1 digit no A2 B2 a 4 digit no a 1 digit no In another cell for data collection I need to have the data form cell A1 and at the side a total of B1 or B2 etc etc if a1,A2 etc are the same number I hope that I have explained this properly, what it is for is a time sheet where the same job ( a 4 digit no) across a number of days has had various hours spent at this task. I need to have a collection athe base of the report totalling all the hours spent on a particular job ...

Slow Sending to the Printer
I have a 123 page document and when I send it to the printer, to duplex print, it takes like thirty minutes to print it. It prints in chunks. I'm printing to an HP LaserJet 4250dtn, I saw previous notes that said to add HP driver 4si and I did that but it didn't help. Any suggestions? How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to print to a local printer by using Office programs in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870622/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta...

Integrating Outlook Calendar & Access
I've searched thru this forum and thru the Access forum and can't find exactly the issue I need to resolve. I have developed a calendar in AC2003. I have developed a process to export the calendar entry from access to the outlook calendar which works great. My user is now requesting the ability to view (or thru VBA) the entries in the Outlook calendar from within access? Unfortunately my database has no way to know if an entry in the access database already exists in the Outlook calendar. Is there a way to determine that? I tried creating a linked table with Outlook s...

Outlook hanging
I have recently upgraded to Windows XP and am using Office XP outlook. Since upgrading, I have found Outlook to be hanging when opened or hanging at any time during an on-line session. The whole system freezes and I have no option but to turn off at the the tower to reboot. This is now occurring every time I open Outlook as it tries to receive mail. It also hangs if I am not online. Please help. Peter CLose Outlook. find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. Also, turn off Instant Messaging from Tools->Options->Other. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group t...

How to set schedule task?
When I set task based on schedule, it requests to input the passwords, but I don't set any password on my XP with SP3, and the task cannot be performed. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to set task without passwords? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6396742-7F6D-424A-A203-6677F0F97A4F@microsoft.com... > When I set task based on schedule, it requests to input the passwords, but > I > don't set any password on my XP with SP3, and the task cannot be > performed. ...

outlook for crm
hi, i'm trying to install outlook for crm and i keep getting the following error... "Setup was unable to find an instance of the Microsoft CRM Server components." i tried both name of the server and the ip address... both give the same error... the web client works perfectly... any idea what's wrong??? thanks. First question...I dont mean to be insulting but, have you installed the server application? If yes, open internet explorer on the workstation that will have the Sales for Outlook on it. Type \\Servername of the MSCRM server box with Servername replaced by th...

Help with VBA code
This is the code I wish to use to create a bar chart and do specific things to it. However, it keeps aborting on "Chart 8" because the next time I use the macro, it becomes "Chart 9." How would I add VBA code to make the chart number (and row number) increase each time I use the routine? Thanks Jeff Sub OATBarChart() ' ' OATBarChart Macro ' ' Range("E1:J2").Select ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddChart.Select ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Range( _ "'OAT Test Charts Data_Crosstab'!$E$1:$J$2") ActiveChart.Char...

How do I save a record from an excel template to a database in a .
How do I save a record from an Excel template to a database in a single step. Currently, the process is to click on file save, then when the second window appears, select create new record, and ok. I would like to save the data as a new record in the database using a single step. hi, do the whole process you just described on macro record. Tools>macro>record new macor. Then on the template add a command button from the toolbox and attach the macro to it. how? 1.drag the button from the toolbox toolbar to where you want it. 2.right click the button>click view code. 3. between...

Creating Run Time Controls
I am creating a checkbox at run time, as shown below. Spy tells me that the checkbox is receiving messages, but it doen't respond to snaps by checking and un-checking, nor does it receive BM_SETCHEck messages like the check boxes I create from a Dialog resource. How can I get these run time check boxes to respond? CButton *m_mycheckbox; // Member of CMyDialog BOOL CMyDialog::OnInitDialog() { *m_mycheckbox; = new CButton; *m_mycheckbox; ->Create( _T("My Checkbox Name"), WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|SS_LEFT|BS_CHECKBOX|BS_LEFTTEXT...

Cannot open Outlook 2003 even in SAFE Mode
"MS Office Outlook 2003 has encountered a problem and needs to close.." I am totally unable to open Outlook, even in Safe Mode. On occasion, it ask if I want to run the "Detect and Repair" but it runs it for XP Proffesional Edition, but I have XP HOME EDITION installed. The below is copied from System Information [OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation] Also, it brings up the CONFIGURATION OUTLOOK - Migrating Settings, then the usual "encountered a problem and needs to close"...